• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Thank you uju.

Let's go all in for this then, get everything done in this opening salvo that we feasibly can to hinder Suigetsu and get him off balance, and set the terrain in our favor. Tie him up in flaming wire, set it all on fire, never give him a chance to put it out.

Man I wish we had napalm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Man I wish we had napalm.
I dunno why, but napalm strikes me as a much worse option than jutsu in a village where Tsunade is not available.
Remember, this is an exam about judgement as much as anything else, and dumping napalm on the apprentice of a Swordsman will not help relations now or in the future.

If we had trained with Ami, we could have given her something better: Ranton tags.
But then again, who would have expected both members of our team to get drawn for the two scariest contestants from outside the village?
Water under the bridge now.

uju32 said:
I dunno why, but napalm strikes me as a much worse option than jutsu in a village where Tsunade is not available.
Remember, this is an exam about judgement as much as anything else, and dumping napalm on the apprentice of a Swordsman will not help relations now or in the future.

Oh if it were anyone but Suigetsu (maybe Gaara) it would be horrific. Suigetsu is likely one of the few people who could make a full recovery by expelling the water and napalm.

Napalm can fuck you up even if it doesn't hit you, I thought. You'd be putting everyone in the room in danger.

FurikoMaru said:
Napalm can fuck you up even if it doesn't hit you, I thought. You'd be putting everyone in the room in danger.

Oh absolutely, lotta heat produced. Figured ninja covered that.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Oh if it were anyone but Suigetsu (maybe Gaara) it would be horrific. Suigetsu is likely one of the few people who could make a full recovery by expelling the water and napalm.
He goes liquid.
And napalm is specifically formulated to cling.
I really don't see how he'd manage to shed it without Lee-levels of crippling injury.

FurikoMaru said:
As I thought.
Comes down to that judgement part of qualifying to be chuunin.

uju32 said:
He goes liquid.
And napalm is specifically formulated to cling.
I really don't see how he'd manage to shed it without Lee-levels of crippling injury.

Shed the water it's clinging to. I figured he'd turn other water into flesh with chakra magic like humans make new skin cells.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Shed the water it's clinging to. I figured he'd turn other water into flesh with chakra magic like humans make new skin cells.
I don't believe it's ever worked that way in canon.
He's been able to animate water for a power boost against Killer Bee, but he has never been shown to shed a part of his substance and/or replace it with water.
Hit him with napalm and you're either killing or crippling him.

The only person I think could take it is Gaara, and that's because of his armor AND regeneration.
But odds are he would kill you for it, and be justified to.

uju32 said:
I don't believe it's ever worked that way in canon.
He's been able to animate water for a power boost against Killer Bee, but he has never been shown to shed a part of his substance and/or replace it with water.
Hit him with napalm and you're either killing or crippling him.

If he wasn't replacing water in some fashion, why would he need to keep rehydrating himself?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
If he wasn't replacing water in some fashion, why would he need to keep rehydrating himself?
He IS replacing water.
We all do; he just needs much more than normals.
But he isn't replacing body mass.
Hydrification turns the body liquid, not into water.

What is needed to shed a napalm bath sounds like on the order of Orochimaru's Snake Shedding Technique.
And god help you if you turn liquid and the napalm gets mixed up into the rest of your body.

Basically, only pull that on someone you want to kill, because if they manage to survive they won't be pulling any punches.

uju32 said:
He IS replacing water.
We all do; he just needs much more than normals.
But he isn't replacing body mass.

Uh, technically, yes he is.

What is needed to shed a napalm bath sounds like on the order of Orochimaru's Snake Shedding Technique.
And god help you if you turn liquid and the napalm gets mixed up into the rest of your body.

Well I never said it was a nice attack. Napalm is banned for a reason. It's exactly the kind of 'fire' attack that would leave everyone agap going, "Dude, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT?!"

Fire that burns even in water would scare sooooooooo many people though. Kinda symbolic too! :p

You don't need to tell me about the consequences, I can imagine them quite well.

[X] If I say that I quitcha, you can call me a liar

Outgetoutgetoutoutout!

You fling the exploding tags, leap, and pray.

The glass shatters outward, leaving you a nice smooth ledge on which to gain a foothold. Turning, you throw the hairspray cans and two kunai; the knives slice the aluminum, the propellant is released into the fog, and now it's time to light it up.

-Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu/Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique!-

Suigetsu jumps out of the mist and up onto the catwalk's railing with a grumbled curse. "Chemical warfare? That's a little hardcore for a chuunin exam, don't you think?"

And Silent Killing is a damn boyish prank?!

The fog is almost completely gone. The fire is dying down as the fuel runs out, but you've stripped what little glaze there was off the already banged-up tiles with your flames.

Suigetsu is currently fifteen feet from you and perspiring badly for someone who isn't at all winded. He has yet to draw his sword.

[X] Goukakyuu the ceiling to match the floor and hop back down to the arena level. If he doesn't like fire, you can work with that.

[X] Make yourself a makeshift ninja wire tightrope strung lengthwise across the room, hop down onto it, run your chakra through it, and invite your opponent over for a good old fashioned duel.

[X] Hop down onto the railing with him for a duel.

[X] Toss an exploding tag at the railing and blow it up, sending him careening back to ground level. If he hops over to the other railing, blow that one up too.

[X] Write in?

[X] Plan ALL THE THINGS!
-->[X] Gokakyuu the ceiling to match the floor, then begin throwing ninja-wire everywhere to make impromptu tightropes, snares and springboards.
---->[X] Use the new terrain to your advantage- Blast the boy off of the wall and attack him in midair, only to swing away to safety when he attempts to retaliate.
---->[X] Attempt to 'Juggle' him, if you can, with repeated heavy blows and explosions. The important thing is to leave him no time to recover or retaliate, and to attack repeatedly from as many different angles as you can.

This look good guys?

As cool as the ninja wire tightwalk is, smart answer is to just cut it and let us fall at some point. If we pull it on him, great, if he pulls it on us, not so great.

Blowing up the railings is an interesting idea, but there is still the ceiling. We can try setting that on fire but sooner or later he's gonna fire back and quench the flames.

What we want is to make sure he doesn't get the chance to extinguish our flames or set up more mist to hide in. We really do not want him to get time to change the field of battle or take the offensive with water jutsu.

Still, seems like a pretty good start. If nothing else, pretty sure we've earned some respect all around.

Vin, I do not think that will work because he is not going to just not retaliate while we do all that stuff. We may have taken him by surprise but it is not going to stay this easy.

And that's why instead of a tightwalk, my plan has all the tightwalks. Also, springboards and nooses.

Vindictus said:
And that's why instead of a tightwalk, my plan has all the tightwalks. Also, springboards and nooses.

Ami is not nearly good enough to pull that off, nor does she have a bottomless supply bag. She has five yards of ninja wire and less than ten exploding tags.

And most importantly, Suigetsu will not be a sitting duck during all of this. We didn't even get multiple attacks off just now when we had the element of surprise, and if it didn't happen then, it's not happening later.

Also, Suigetsu can almost certainly cut through whatever traps we set up casually.

What Hymn said.
Dude is perspiring heavily as things stand, so he's vulnerable to heat.
Nuke the ceiling.

I want to burn the ceiling at some point, but I suspect Suigetsu will either attack us or counter our attack at this point. I'd like to think it over. Blowing out the railings, if it works, may make an opening.

[X] Goukakyuu the ceiling to match the floor and hop back down to the arena level. If he doesn't like fire, you can work with that.
SUPER dramatic backdrop is go!
[X] Quip about the Will of Fire.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I want to burn the ceiling at some point, but I suspect Suigetsu will either attack us or counter our attack at this point. I'd like to think it over. Blowing out the railings, if it works, may make an opening.
We're above him;I think that fifteen feet is vertical distance, or at least diagonal.
Blowing out the railings might help gain time, but it doesn't seem to stop him simply moving onto the balcony.

[X] Toss an exploding tag at the railing and blow it up, sending him careening back to ground level. If he hops over to the other railing, blow that one up too.

Explosions make everything better. :)

[X] Now and then I must aspire to go out of the ordinary

-Goukakyuu no-

"Oh, no you don't!"

The blade comes within a hair's breadth of your stomach, but you manage to get back down to the floor at least. Suigetsu doesn't look too happy about having to follow you, but he's doing it regardless.

-Hien!-

His sword is long and wide, and though it's neither as well-made nor as fast as the Kubikiribocho would be, it's still a better blade than you'd be able to afford if you saved for two years. The boy's suddenly freakish arm swings it with a ferocity that makes you gasp even as you block it; if you had ignited your blade even a second later you'd be dead.

The two of you stare at one another, eye to eye. You're the same height, more or less, so it's probably very dramatic to the people watching from above.

"Oh~?" he says across the blade-lock. "Don't tell me you actually know how to use that thing?"

You try to breathe through your mouth exclusively, ignoring the stench of burnt hairspray and melting rubber.

... wait.

If you're lucky, very lucky, it's the soles of his sandals that have melted and stuck to the floor; your soles are firesafe by necessity, but not every ninja bothers. Especially not ones with a Suiton affinity.

Of course, there's still the matter of the bladelock to consider. His sword and muscles can keep this up all day, but even with Hien in effect, you can only do so much for so long.

Besides, just because he can keep it up all day, that doesn't mean he wants to. Real swordsmen hate bladelocks; they can do costly damage to even the best swords and they reduce the fine art of kenjutsu to an arm-wrestling contest minus the arms.

[X] Disengage by pouring even more energy into the Hien and trying to knock him backward; you're tall enough and strong enough in ninjutsu if not in physicality that you might be able to manage it.

[X] Try to kick him in the face. Even if he catches your foot, that's a hand he now doesn't have on the sword. If he is stuck to the floor, it won't take much to knock him on his ass under those conditions.

[X] Write-in.

[X] Try to kick him in the face. Even if he catches your foot, that's a hand he now doesn't have on the sword. If he is stuck to the floor, it won't take much to knock him on his ass under those conditions.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Now and then I must aspire to go out of the ordinary
Joel Plaskett-Extraordinary
FurikoMaru said:
-Goukakyuu no-
"Oh, no you don't!"
The blade comes within a hair's breadth of your stomach, but you manage to get back down to the floor at least. Suigetsu doesn't look too happy about having to follow you, but he's doing it regardless.
Quick draw.
Very quick draw.
At least it's still hot enough to discommode him.
If only we can make the sky burn.....
FurikoMaru said:
If you're lucky, very lucky, it's the soles of his sandals that have melted and stuck to the floor; your soles are firesafe by necessity, but not every ninja bothers. Especially not ones with a Suiton affinity.
Impaired mobility
Something to leverage.
No kicking people's faces though; waving a foot in the vicinity of a sword is an invitation to lose it.
We need a write-in.

Suigetsu stops us? Yep. Called it. Damn it people.

And seriously? I saw the last update, I go to class, drive home, and there's already another. ._.

Well, all I have to say this time is that even if Suigetsu's soles are stuck to the bottom of the floor, it is not gonna take him THAT much effort to rip them off I should think. Ninjas, super strength.

EDIT: And on a side note, fuck kicking Suigetsu's face in, all he's gonna do is go liquid and entrap our foot and then cut it off. Ahahaha NO.

[X] Disengage by pouring even more energy into the Hien and trying to knock him backward; you're tall enough and strong enough in ninjutsu if not in physicality that you might be able to manage it.

NOTE: This is not a vote because I think it's the best course of action.

This is just a vote to tie it up and keep a surprise update. So NYEH!

But I don't think kicking is a wise idea because I can't see why Suigetsu can't just go liquid and entrap our leg, and then we're overextended. We need something better. Suigetsu is clearly not sitting on his ass for us. We have lost initiative and the offense. We need to somehow regain it.

I'm beginning to think we might wanna go the Hien route.
I can't think of an appropriate writein, and at least with Hien he gets a face full of Fire chakra.

[X] burn the ceiling

It looks like he's really weak against heat.

We might need to use a damn Z-Slash to make sure Hien works though. Unless a Z-Slash can somehow catch Suigetsu so off balance and surprised that he doesn't go liquid.

As it is, he isn't tired, and even if making his head liquid DID make him blind, he's still better off than us.

Also, get used to the idea that we are not lighting the ceiling on fire. It would appear that ship has past because Suigetsu is now on the war path. Goodbye favorable battle conditions.

And too late iamnuff. People already tried that. It didn't work.

....Seriously goddamn it people why the hell did you think we were going to get that off when Suigetsu had his eyes on us and was only fifteen feet away? What on earth were you thinking?

Yes, I know I'm beating a dead horse. I'm annoyed. I still can't believe others didn't see that coming a mile away.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
....Seriously goddamn it people why the hell did you think we were going to get that off when Suigetsu had his eyes on us and was only fifteen feet away? What on earth were you thinking?
Yes, I know I'm beating a dead horse. I'm annoyed. I still can't believe others didn't see that coming a mile away.
Fifteen feet up.
It was possible; at least as possible as tags, and surer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back