• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
*sigh*
Fuckit.

[X] Right, where were we? Oh yeah, pin him to the fucking wall and don't let him up until he either concedes or the ref calls it.
I'll commit a Z-slash because I suspect Ami is not 100%, and we don't need her blade slipping and maiming/killing the guy.
Or vice versa.

I now have 2 Z-slashes left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now I know. And still would rather not have her face be covered in terrible scars.

FurikoMaru said:
Okay, then. Farewell, special Sasuke event. You will be missed.

For the benefit of everyone else who didn't catch it.

Special, of course, can be anything. Good or bad. But I'm guessing the former or Furiko wouldn't be trolling like this.

Torgamous said:
Ami might not, though, depending on how special that Sasuke event would've been.

Dude burn scars are nasty. If this really scarred up Ami's face I would be pissed. And more likely to vote for something that would permanently fuck up Suigetsu if we face him in the finals.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
For the benefit of everyone else who didn't catch it.
Special, of course, can be anything. Good or bad. But I'm guessing the former or Furiko wouldn't be trolling like this.
I can't speak for other people of course, but I prefer Ami to come away without scars on the outside; she carries enough on the inside as is.
Sasuke interlude can pass if necessary; girl needs an identity apart from Sasuke anyway, who can be a bit of an ass.

First, I doubt it would have been that bad. This wasn't an open flame or electric burn, it was extremely hot water. Not pleasant by any means, but unlikely to be severe. Ami can still see and seems to be thinking fine, which would probably be the first things to show up. So it'd probably either be recoverable or not too bad. Furiko did say neither option was truly terrible, and in hindsight her offering to let the Z-Slash be refunded should probably have been a red flag to me....

Honestly, it was probably gonna end up being something like Sasuke coming to see her at the hospital and getting torn up over how another person he kinda cares about could have died. Pleased to hear of the awesome victory, plus reminder of mortality. Sasuke showing concern for Ami, possibly aided by Ino, probably would have made Ami's year.

Le sigh.

uju32 said:
I can't speak for other people of course, but I prefer Ami to come away without scars on the outside; she carries enough on the inside as is.
Sasuke interlude can pass if necessary; girl needs an identity apart from Sasuke anyway, who can be a bit of an ass.

It's not like her every thought has been Sasuke. I mean did Sasuke even come up during that mission we went on? I don't think he did, and if he did it probably wasn't important enough to be mentioned. She hasn't even given Sasuke a thought during this match.

Think you don't quite give her enough credit.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
First, I doubt it would have been that bad. This wasn't an open flame or electric burn, it was extremely hot water. Not pleasant by any means, but unlikely to be severe. Ami can still see and seems to be thinking fine, which would probably be the first things to show up. So it'd probably either be recoverable or not too bad. Furiko did say neither option was truly terrible, and in hindsight her offering to let the Z-Slash be refunded should probably have been a red flag to me....

Honestly, it was probably gonna end up being something like Sasuke coming to see her at the hospital and getting torn up over how another person he kinda cares about could have died. Pleased to hear of the awesome victory, plus reminder of mortality. Sasuke showing concern for Ami, possibly aided by Ino, probably would have made Ami's year.

Le sigh.

It's not like her every thought has been Sasuke. I mean did Sasuke even come up during that mission we went on? I don't think he did, and if he did it probably wasn't important enough to be mentioned. She hasn't even given Sasuke a thought during this match.

I'm going to say this again. Burn scars of any type are nasty. And all are equal disfiguring. Heck burns of any type are nasty.

yeah, i'm going to say no on the explosives.

then again, in canon Exam, nobody seemed to use bladed weapons much, which meant that dudes got punched a lot, but nobody got hurt super bad (except lee, obviously, and that guy who got his arms blown off, and a couple of other guys who nobody cares about)

hell, even Tenten didn't manage to stab anyone.

frankly, us both using swords seems to have raised the stakes a lot, then again, we went into the ring with swords, everyone has to expect getting someone getting stabbed as a possible consequence of the fight, right?

[X] nail him to the wall

edit:

nightblade said:
I'm going to say this again. Burn scars of any type are nasty. And all are equal disfiguring.

scald, not burn.

Still leaves scars, but "equal disfiguring" is obviously bullshit.

you have seen someone with open-flame scars, right? that looks the worst, (though electrical can be more dengerous, because of heart stuff and nerves) followed by Steam scars, then hot water.

don't get me wrong, its not nice, but its more of a "melted wax" look to the skin, rather than a "flesh literally burned away"

also, why the fuck was his arm even boiling?

just how close was he to the fire? I can see the ambient temperature of the room going up, by a lot, but heating water from room temp to boiling in seconds, from several meters away?

would that not have killed, like half of the spectators? (the kids anyway)

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Maybe not.
But honestly?
It's enough of a running gag that I feel she could use a triumph that's all her; no team, no friends, just her.
And it's not as if she won't get another fight if she wins this one.

[X] Right, where were we? Oh yeah, pin him to the fucking wall and don't let him up until he either concedes or the ref calls it.

iamnuff said:
yeah, i'm going to say no on the explosives.

then again, in canon Exam, nobody seemed to use bladed weapons much, which meant that dudes got punched a lot, but nobody got hurt super bad (except lee, obviously, and that guy who got his arms blown off, and a couple of other guys who nobody cares about)

hell, even Tenten didn't manage to stab anyone.

frankly, us both using swords seems to have raised the stakes a lot, then again, we went into the ring with swords, everyone has to expect getting someone getting stabbed as a possible consequence of the fight, right?

[X] nail him to the wall

edit:

scald, not burn.

Still leaves scars, but "equal disfiguring" is obviously bullshit.

you have seen someone with open-flame scars, right? that looks the worst, (though electrical can be more dengerous, because of heart stuff and nerves) followed by Steam scars, then hot water.

don't get me wrong, its not nice, but its more of a "melted wax" look to the skin, rather than a "flesh literally burned away"

also, why the fuck was his arm even boiling?

just how close was he to the fire? I can see the ambient temperature of the room going up, by a lot, but heating water from room temp to boiling in seconds, from several meters away?

would that not have killed, like half of the spectators? (the kids anyway)

He scars Ami and we face him he's not walking out of this tournament with his mind intact if I have any say in it.

nightblade said:
I'm going to say this again. Burn scars of any type are nasty. And all are equal disfiguring.

Thank you for adding nothing new to the discussion.

You're wrong by the way. It's hot water. That's a scald. Happens to people all the time, although usually not on the face but also usually not a ninja explicitly described as heat resistant. You know what happens to a lot of burns, even just from touching hot metal? A little skin discoloration, even after you run it under warm water, and then the skin cells eventually replace it. Which handily invalidates "Burn scars of any type."

I mean come on dude, first-degree on burns are a type.

The kind of burn scars that really do warp and disfugure the skin? That would need to be very intense. And once again, Ami is heat resistant and if Suigetsu's water bils at the normal boiling point of water then Ami can expect to handle it a lot better than pretty much any normal person in an equivalent scenario.

No, it is not ideal. Yes, it is still possibly there is scarring besides being red like a tomato and all of her skin peeling off to make way for fresh, healthy skin. I'm sure she'd find it revolting, but in that case it would ultimately be temporary.

I am especially confident in this because if the heat was enough to cause serious damage beneath the skin, Ami's eyes would be in a rather bad way right now. Since they don't appears to be and I suspect the eyes and eyelids are more vulnerable than most, I do not think she has hit the point of the really, really bad stuff.

Your turn.

uju32 said:
Maybe not.
But honestly?
It's enough of a running gag that I feel she could use a triumph that's all her; no team, no friends, just her.
And it's not as if she won't get another fight if she wins this one.

But Ami isn't a solitary person. Somehow I very much doubt she wants to be alone, which would be more similar to how she was before she met all of her friends.

Also, how would Sasuke visiting her make it not her triumph?

nightblade said:
He scars Ami and we face him he's not walking out of this tournament with his mind intact if I have any say in it.

considering her scars would come from our own actions? (setting shit on fire)

and that he's probably just as badly hurt as us, but doesn't scar due to his flesh-to-water bullshit?

honestly, he's really not to blame for this.

he tried to cut us with his sword, then he did a "water prison" thing around our head to force us to surrender. all the burning/boiling/chemical warfare" stuff was our fault.

I hope your right Hymn. Cause I like Ami. And if he permanently disfigures her I would have no issues destroying his mind the first chance we got.

iamnuff said:
considering her scars would come from our own actions? (setting shit on fire)

and that he's probably just as badly hurt as us, but doesn't scar due to his flesh-to-water bullshit?

honestly, he's really not to blame for this.

he tried to cut us with his sword, then he did a "water prison" thing around our head to force us to surrender. all the burning/boiling/chemical warfare" stuff was our fault.
I don't care.

nightblade said:
I hope your right Hymn. Cause I like Ami. And if he permanently disfigures her I would have no issues destroying his mind the first chance we got.
I don't care.

Mind break for wounded vanity? That's cold.

nightblade said:
I don't care.

good job you only have one vote then i guess.

FurikoMaru said:
Begun, the waifu war has. 8)
Not really Waifu. I like Ami. And someone permanently disfiguring her would piss me off beyond belief. I am not a nice person when I angry. Really its that Ami's pretty well written. And I connected to her. Of course if someone had done something that's permanent to another of Ino's friends I would be the same way towards them.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
But Ami isn't a solitary person. Somehow I very much doubt she wants to be alone, which would be more similar to how she was before she met all of her friends.
Also, how would Sasuke visiting her make it not her triumph?
Noone wants to be alone, true.
But Ami went into this match against the express advice of her friends and comrades.
And when you do that, how you win matters as much as winning, especially in these exams.
I'd like her to finish and walk away under her own power.
And no, I don't count being laid up in a hospital as acceptable.

And scalds are make for horrible burns, anywhere from 1st to 3rd degree.
The only common thing I can think of off the top of my head in the same league is electricity.

I mean, the proof that ninja are superhuman is that she had full head immersion in near boiling water and her face is only red.
Remember the McDonalds coffee splash lady?
She required skin grafts, and that was a splash of coffee.

uju32 said:
But Ami went into this match against the express advice of her friends and comrades.
And when you do that, how you win matters as much as winning, especially in these exams.

The only common thing I can think of off the top of my head in the same league is electricity.

I mean, the proof that ninja are superhuman is that she had full head immersion in near boiling water and her face is only red.

actually, that was coffee heated so high above boiling that it melted part of the cup and poured all over her crotch, so yeah, obviously she needed skin grafts.

if the water around Ami's head was anywhere near that hot, then she's be blind.

iamnuff said:
actually, that was coffee heated so high above boiling that it melted part of the cup and poured all over her crotch, so yeah, obviously she needed skin grafts.
if the water around Ami's head was anywhere near that hot, then she's be blind.
No.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants
That coffee was estimated at 82-88 degrees Celsius.
It wasn't even as hot as boiling water.
The water around Ami's head was significantly hotter, given that Suigetsu is evaporating.

uju32 said:

Like she won't be laid up after the match is done for a check-up in any case. There'll be checking here pretty throughly and keeping her for oversight unless magic chakra gives the A-OK, but she's making a trip to the medics one way or another, you can count on that. Tenten got sent for her ankle, so you know Ami's goin' too.

Didn't say they couldn't be bad, but at the same time they don't have to horrid. The full contact of the fluid certainly conducts the heat well, but the same could be said of any metal if a person had the bad fortune of being in prolonged contact.

Also, I would never once give the, "They'll probably be okay," for pretty much any normal person getting their head submerged in boiling water. I'd be going, "Oh God I hope they live and don't get brain damage."

I would draw the functionality of her eyes as my main proof she's not too badly injured. While I'm not exactly an authority in this case since the eyeballs seem fine any damage probably isn't too deep, and if her skin were melting a warping from the heat her eyelids and lips and ears would probably have been the first victims for thinness of skin and exposed surface area, which would be quite noticeable.

I remember the story being passed around. I also remember it being suspect as to whether it was only just a splash or if it, well, sat there for a while. I wouldn't know what is and is not propaganda at this point.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I remember the story being passed around. I also remember it being suspect as to whether it was only just a splash or if it, well, sat there for a while. I wouldn't know what is and is not propaganda at this point.
Wouldn't have needed to sit for long. Apparently it takes about three seconds to get a third-degree burn at the temperatures the coffee was served at (granted, by the time she spilled it it might've cooled off a bit and it could've started at the lower end of the allowed temperature range, but that's not the case with Suigetsu's hand). Ami's brain would've started melting before Suigetsu finished telling her to surrender if she was a normal person.

Guys, we really don't need to spend ALL our Z-slashes on this.

Ami advancing a fight in the exams isn't really worth the 3 we've already spent, let alone all of 'em.

Torgamous said:
Wouldn't have needed to sit for long. Apparently it takes about three seconds to get a third-degree burn at the temperatures the coffee was served at (granted, by the time she spilled it it might've cooled off a bit and it could've started at the lower end of the allowed temperature range, but that's not the case with Suigetsu's hand).

Then I must be misremembering the tidbit I heard. I'm just recalling something about a McDonald's court case where apparently the details were over-inflated. This or that story about some person who ate nothing but McDonald's for a month?

Ami's brain would've started melting before Suigetsu finished telling her to surrender if she was a normal person.

I am cognizant of how that much heat would be harmful, even pointed it our myself in a roundabout fashion. Maybe I undersold scalds and their potential to be bad. IIRC their main danger is that as a liquid it's hard to remove from a person and therefore sits in easier, but generally speaking they are not at these kinds of temperatures and they'll heal up fine like everything else. All types of burnscan scar, but the human body is pretty damned good at fixing itself up.

Although in these unique circumstances Ami can take a lot of heat, and the arena is so hot the liquids are evaporating, and while more heat in the long run isn't gonna be good for us in the short term it may help Ami out.

[X] Makka-na, bara nya, toge ga aru... sashitaka-naiga sasazu'nya-okanu...

You lunge, you slam, you hold your sword to his neck, and you're just about to demand his surrender when the referee calls "Winner, Kuwabara Ami. Now someone put out the damn ceiling!"

"Thought you'd never ask," Gaara says, and for a moment the lights are gone, snuffed by the canopy of sand as surely as the flames are.

In that moment, in the dark, you suddenly become very aware of the fact that your arm is pressed against the chest of a heavily-panting boy.

When the lights come back, you release your hold immediately and sheathe your sword. Suigetsu slides down the wall and lets out a long sigh. You notice that one of his filed teeth is slightly crooked, poking out of his mouth like a tiny fang.

Focus, woman, focus!

"Seriously, do we need like an embassy or something in Konoha...?"

"Gaara, for the last time, you are not moving here."

A bottle of water is thrown over from the balcony. Suigetsu catches it, desperately unscrews the lid and chugs the contents, throwing back his head. His eyes close and his brow unfurrows in relief.

When the bottle is empty, he lowers it, wipes his mouth with his wrist and says, "You're a complete lunatic, you know that?"

"There's no point in fighting if you aren't fighting to win," you answer bluntly.

He can say anything he wants to you, you've heard it all before; 'bully', 'gorilla girl', 'cruel enslaver of our Sasuke-kun', 'uncute', 'crazy bitch', 'wannabe-homemaker from hell', 'who does she think she's wearing makeup for?' - and that's just your classmates.

Suigetsu just laughs, and coughs. He closes his eyes and lets his head hang. "Can't argue with that."

The lucky son of a bitch gets to wave off the medics with some line about village secrets while they're still shining bright lights in your eyes and asking you to list the Hokage in backwards chronological order and telling the one newbie who keeps demanding to know how you're still alive to shut up.

Pulling the Kubik-isn't-bocho out of the wall with a mighty heave, the Kiri-nin stumbles off to the stairs.

"Thanks for the fight, Ami," he says over his shoulder with a toothy grin. "I look forward to killing you soon."

[X] ?

-----
Scald scars are both nasty and clear proof that Ami isn't some normal girl playing at being a shinobi so she can marry the Head of the Uchiha and settle down into near-civilianhood. Sasuke seriously respects determination and strength. And that's in canon, where he wasn't specifically told Itachi might come back and kill everyone important to him.

Plus, Ami was totally gonna look like a purple-haired ninja version of Balalaika from Black Lagoon.

Goodbye, instant Sasuke flag.

Eh. Of course, if you get into fights with Suigetsu and come away with the win and without a scar, it just means you're even more badass! :p

And huh. No Mist ninja made it through. Guess Zabuza won't be too happy about that. We'll see if the last Sound genin will get to go to the 3rd exam but Konoha (and Sand) seem to have made a good showing thus far.

atleast Zabuza didn't kill his hamster (sword?)

that said, I do recall something about recounting the story of how he lost to everyone he ever meets for the rest of his life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back