• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

nightblade said:
Poor Hinata. She must be really embarrassed in that situation.
Hiashi: Poor Ino. She must be rapidly approaching the end of her pathetic life in that situation. :notfunny:

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
Ino: *nestles head drunkenly on Hinata's chest* E-CUPS FOREVER, LOLI NEVER!
Inoichi: ... dear, how well do you know Jiraiya-sama?
Ino: Who, me?
O:)
How do you know you're a badass?
When a powerful, influential clan head, contemplating the corruption of his precious princess, refers to you in private as -sama.

Hiashi's reaction, OTOH, would probably be worth acquiring a Byakugan to observe. :D
Or at least figuring out the Yamanaka "view through other eyes" technique.

nightblade said:
What does Hiashi think of Ino anyway?

As a father he's grudgingly glad that his daughter has a good female friend from a respectable family who makes her laugh and who got her involved in the wider social network among kids their age. But he disapproves strongly of how irreverent and boisterous Ino can be, both because she's annoying and because Hinata is naturally shy and reserved and hanging out with someone so outgoing makes her fade into the background a little bit, when she should be leading the pack.

As a Clan Head he thinks she's trouble waiting to happen, but it's not worth insulting the Akimichi over. Plus, training with Ino has made Hinata stronger, and the Hyuuga love them some strength.

FurikoMaru said:
As a father he's grudgingly glad that his daughter has a good female friend from a respectable family who makes her laugh and who got her involved in the wider social network among kids their age. But he disapproves strongly of how irreverent and boisterous Ino can be, both because she's annoying and because Hinata is naturally shy and reserved and hanging out with someone so outgoing makes her fade into the background a little bit, when she should be leading the pack.
As a Clan Head he thinks she's trouble waiting to happen, but it's not worth insulting the Akimichi over. Plus, training with Ino has made Hinata stronger, and the Hyuuga love them some strength.
Huh.
Seems that clanhood has shielded us more than we know.
Does suggest we need to keep any Gentle Fist/Jyuuken ganking on the DL.

Come to think of it, what does Ami's father think of Ino and her team?
I mean, yak and lousy father he may be(not unknown among ninja), but he has to have an opinion.
And what of Tsume?
Certainly she took an interest in her son's team, and Hana would have told her stories....

nightblade said:
What does Tsume think of Ino?
"Well, she gets 'im out of trouble at least as frequently as she gets him into it, which is more than I can say for some of Kiba's other friends. She could stand to be a little less lippy, though, I'll say that much - Inoichi spoils her. But I think she'll turn out all right; she's just got a little too much energy for the Ino-Shika-Cho."

Nothing to say about the fact that she's why Kiba has a gun slinging habit?

nightblade said:
It's not all that big an issue though. it's been a hobby and now that Suna has shown access to repeating fire arms Kiba's ability with firearms is going to be in demand from the village's attempt to match Suna.

FurikoMaru said:

The real question is, what do the Hyuuga marry for?

I suspect it's good genetics (dem E-cups).

Yeah, there's probably going to be a serious arms race after this exam.

Ironically, we'll probably get the most from it because we're one of the very few Ninja in Konoha who really understands guns, and has a general idea of a good way to modernize them quickly.

Vindictus said:
Yeah, there's probably going to be a serious arms race after this exam.

Only if they're used dramatically and effectively. And there's motivation to keep this stuff on the down-low. What the other villages don't know, they don't defend for.

nightblade said:
"Do you know what raising an Inuzuka is like? Anything that can get a kid to stay in one place and learn some discipline instead of running around everywhere 'playing ninja' and starting forest fires is a good thing, believe me. Besides, he isn't always going to be able to throw down hand-to-hand. We're proud of our family style, but there's nothing wrong with having a little insurance."

Guile said:
The real question is, what do the Hyuuga marry for?

I suspect it's good genetics (dem E-cups).
Great taijutsu ability and stamina are the main thing. They tend to intermarry, however; mixed kids almost always inherit the Byakugan, and it's harder to get outsiders to agree to having their children sealed.

Anyway! Votes?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Only if they're used dramatically and effectively. And there's motivation to keep this stuff on the down-low. What the other villages don't know, they don't defend for.
Sound, Mist and Konoha at a minimum saw Gaara use his weapon, in addition to any other covert or overt observers .
No way in hell anyone is keeping this under wraps.
Arms race coming up.

uju32 said:
Sound, Mist and Konoha at a minimum saw Gaara use his weapon, in addition to any other covert or overt observers .
No way in hell anyone is keeping this under wraps.
Arms race coming up.

So? He only uses one bullet, and it was made from his sand which implies his, is potentially not easily replicable. Apparently firearms do exist around here, good ones are new though. So if people don't realize how good they are, they're not motivated.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So? He only uses one bullet, and it was made from his sand which implies his, is potentially not easily replicable. Apparently firearms do exist around here, good ones are new though. So if people don't realize how good they are, they're not motivated.
There were jounin present and watching; Deidara may be young enough to miss it, but the rest won't.

And a M1911 looks significantly different from a singleshot or doubleshot pistol.
It's like putting a Spitfire next to the Wright biplane; there's no way you'd see something like it and not realize someone, somewhere has gotten much farther with the technology.
Especially if wielded by the Kazekage's kid.

And for technology, knowing it's possible is half the battle.
RnD or espionage, it's out there now.
Or will be.

uju32 said:
There were jounin present and watching; Deidara may be young enough to miss it, but the rest won't.

I repeat: so? It's not like they have the background to know the mechanics and scope of what they're looking at. They wouldn't clips or magazines, and they didn't see each person fire more than one shot. They certainly aren't going to have divine inspiration with regards to the feeding mechanism for chambering, reloading, et cetera all from seeing the outside product.

Which is made of SAND.

And a M1911 looks significantly different from a singleshot or doubleshot pistol.
It's like putting a Spitfire next to the Wright biplane; there's no way you'd see something like it and not realize someone, somewhere has gotten much farther with the technology.
Especially if wielded by the Kazekage's kid.

It is also made of sand, his trademark trick, which does not smack of mass replicable technology. And just because they look more sophisticated does not mean they know what they do, so it's not like they know what is worth replicating until it's demonstrated.

And for technology, knowing it's possible is half the battle.

Which they don't, because they haven't seen the true capabilities in action, just a more polished product. Made of sand. Which only Gaara can do.

Calm down.

[X] Chuck that son of a bitch. "Frag out!"

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And....? Chakra. Compared to a heavily pregnant mother with a newborn, in the text when we encountered it. Furiko practically shouted, "It's Shukaku, it's fucking Shukaku, take notice!" Ino says she feels like it would reach out and bite hers just for touching it. Furiko dropped plenty of hints to indicate why this is a bad idea.

yup, we sensed that he had Shukaku chakra in him, but we already knew that, was there a mention of the bullet itself feeling that way? I assumed that was 100% pure normal gaara chakra, then again, by the sounds of it, 100% normal Garaa chakra IS Shukaku's chakra.

I just sort of assumed he worked like naruto does, Normal human chakra on top, crazy demon chakra if you dig a little deeper.

why would he be digging into his demonic power for his opening move? that's like expecting one of Naruto's clones to kill everyone around it when it bursts into smoke.

why the hell would he Tap something so evil for something so trivial? its not like he needed the powerboost.

hell, it seems to have been forged into a form that completely nulifes all the advantages of USING demonic chakra, (I.E, it didn't horribly kill Kiba) so why even bother going to that extra effort?

Now we know, (or suspect) that his Dantestuff ate the Ichibi and how he uses its chakra for his normal stuff, then it makes a bit more sense, but just expecting a single random attack launched by him to turn out to be Bijuu powered? why?

yes, you predicted what happened, and I considered your prediction and decided that your logic was a hell of a leap. yes, you turned out to be right, but either you worked out some stuff before the rest of us (and didn't share) or you just jumped to the right conclusion on the sparsest of evidence.

Broken clocks, ect.

FurikoMaru said:
Can't really see anime-Lupin being enough of a prick to subject someone he found annoying to a fucking werewolf.

Sounds right up manga-Lupin's alley, though.

is Manga Lupin more of an asshole then?

also, why are we voting to get rid of this bullet?

we were explicitly told that the other two options are safe, so lets store it, and get someone who knows what the fuck they are doing to check it out later.

also, I kinda wanna see what Ami's dad things of ninja in general, and us specifically.

how does he feel about the fact that his daughter could probably beat him up? ;)

... Iamnuff.

Are you seriously saying you didn't expect GAARA to open with a potentially lethal move? Or Dante, for that matter?

Seriously. Dante seems to view getting impaled as a friendly hello, and he doesn't really 'hold back' so much as 'toy with people like a cat playing with mice'.

Just because he's crazy in a fun way doesn't make him not crazy as fuck.

Don't underestimate him.

FurikoMaru said:
Great taijutsu ability and stamina are the main thing. They tend to intermarry, however; mixed kids almost always inherit the Byakugan, and it's harder to get outsiders to agree to having their children sealed.

so they tend to go for boobs of steel when looking at potential wives.

Vindictus said:
... Iamnuff.

Are you seriously saying you didn't expect GAARA to open with a potentially lethal move? Or Dante, for that matter?

uh, he DIDN'T open with a lethal move, it was a disabling shot to the leg!

what I'm saying is that I didn't expect the (apparently a lot saner in this fic) genin to leap straight to "lol Demon-power" as his very first attack.

not when he could have gotten exactly the same result from normal chakra (he formed it into a bullet that didn't do ANY of the things normal demon chakra does, like melt people) AND it was safe to handle, so I assumed it was made from human chakra. which would have made it safe to chakra-poke too.

after all, if its demon stuff, and leaking chakra, then why isn't it eating our hand as we hold it?

because lol-fuck-you-thats-why, apparently. (though considering what I know of Dante, that might be entirely in-character)

[X] Shinde shimau to wa nasakenai!

"Shit!" You shove the chakra bullet back into the seal, making Menka yelp at your sudden movement. Slowly, you breathe in and out, easing your way out of the adrenaline spike.

That... okay, you're positive now, Gaara is at least partially not human.

For fuck's sake, do not tell me the Kyuubi is walking around wearing a kid like a dinner jacket!

He can't be the Kyuubi. He can't. The Yondaime killed it!

"What the hell was that?!" Kiba asks.

"Seconded," Neji says. Glancing over, you realize everyone on Team Gai is staring at you. Tenten and Lee look confused; Neji is equal parts disturbed and relieved.

Gai?

Gai is legitimately terrified.

"Where did you get that chakra?" he demands, striding over.

If your past self tried to tell you now that happy-Gai is a little scary, you would laugh in her face. Or you would in a minute when you regain control of your vocal chords. That big boisterous dog? Apparently it's a goddamn Doberman, and it is pissed that you brought something like this anywhere near cute little genin.

Still shaken, you blurt out,

[X] "Why is he the Kyuubi?!"

[X] "Sabaku no Gaara!"

[X] "I'm sorry!"

[X] Write-in?

iamnuff said:
uh, he DIDN'T open with a lethal move, it was a disabling shot to the leg!

what I'm saying is that I didn't expect the (apparently a lot saner in this fic) genin to leap straight to "lol Demon-power" as his very first attack.
He can't exactly stop being part demon. Shit, reincarnation barely slowed him down.

[X] Pretty damn lucky it passed through Kiba and didn't get lodged anywhere, because HOLY CRAP.

'Why is he the Kyuubi' would be both an amazing answer and a terrible one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back