• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Actually....

Tenten hasn't seen Kiba or Gaara's gun, has she? There must be something significant about the choice but figuring out what it is is hard.

That, or Furiko had been writing for a while and made a relatively arbitrary and meaningless choice so she had a convenient stopping point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Actually....

Tenten hasn't seen Kiba or Gaara's gun, has she? There must be something significant about the choice but figuring out what it is is hard.

That, or Furiko had been writing for a while and made a relatively arbitrary and meaningless choice so she had a convenient stopping point.

I think she just enjoys seeing you worry about how far underneath the underneath you need to look.

[X] "Yep." Pull out the bullets.

Unclouded said:
I think she just enjoys seeing you worry about how far underneath the underneath you need to look.

Also entirely possible. Which seems a bit of a low blow to me since as far as I can tell there's no way to know when you're being too paranoid, just enough, or too little until after the fact. But yeah.

Course, there's no reason she can't do both at the same time.

[X] Puzzlin' Evidence

"Yep." You tap the hidden seal on Menka's collar (a bit of camouflage for the exams) and empty the contents into your hand for Kiba's perusal. "I didn't know which one you wanted, so-"

Your eyes widen.

Gaara's bullet, the one that hit Kiba, is

a) made of solid chakra

b) made of Gaara's chakra, and

c) rapidly dissolving right before your eyes.

[X] Perfect chakra control, don't fail me now! Try to force it to maintain its shape. You've never worked with other people's chakra, sure, but there's a first time for everything.

[X] Shit, shove it back in the seal, quick!

[X] Whoa, the sooner the scary-chakra is dispersed and away from your hand and your friends, the better. Let it dissolve.

[X] Write in?

[X] Perfect chakra control, don't fail me now! Try to force it to maintain its shape. You've never worked with other people's chakra, sure, but there's a first time for everything.

Interesting.

I'll note, this aligns with my favored theory of -how- Dante has infinite ammo- That is, he materializes it from pure demon magic, in much the same way that Vergil materializes swords.

The funny thing is, I think this did occur to me. That dissolving bit at least. At least it's still here.

For now.

I'm not sure if we can even preserve this thing, and this might be the kind of thing where it's a dice roll. Kiba is gonna be so disappointed if we end up wrecking the bullet even faster and he got shot for nothing.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Kiba is gonna be so disappointed if we end up wrecking the bullet even faster and he got shot for nothing.
He was almost certainly expecting to be crushed by sand, stabbed, or otherwise beaten by something we couldn't collect afterwards. He got shot to see what his bullet would do. If he's interested in Gaara's bullet, it's as a bonus.

Torgamous said:
He was almost certainly expecting to be crushed by sand, stabbed, or otherwise beaten by something we couldn't collect afterwards. He got shot to see what his bullet would do. If he's interested in Gaara's bullet, it's as a bonus.

Hmm, we'll see. Can't be sure it was his bullet he's interested in but I certainly hope it was his plan.

Also, it occurs to me that Ino should already have known a and b from earlier, which may have influenced some decisions.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hmm, we'll see. Can't be sure it was his bullet he's interested in but I certainly hope it was his plan.

Also, it occurs to me that Ino should already have known a and b from earlier, which may have influenced some decisions.
Oh, he might be solely interested in examining Gaara's bullet, but at a minimum his plan going in was to see if Gaara's sand was fast enough to stop his bullet. We've got some info on the speed of Gaara's sand now, so Kiba wasn't shot for nothing.

We should've, too. I know I figured a and b were the case, but I'd thought that if it hung around long enough to retrieve it then we didn't need to worry as much about it dissipating. However, we did send Menka to pick it up, so if you mean Ino should've had direct confirmation of a and b, this is the first time she's seen it up close.

[X] Hey Gai-sensei! What do you make of this?

He's not exactly an expert, but he is an elite jounin who can kick S-rank ninja ass.

I suppose to keep the chakra construct from dissipating we'd need to enclose it in a bubble of our own chakra?

Torgamous said:
Oh, he might be solely interested in examining Gaara's bullet, but at a minimum his plan going in was to see if Gaara's sand was fast enough to stop his bullet. We've got some info on the speed of Gaara's sand now, so Kiba wasn't shot for nothing.

We should've, too. I know I figured a and b were the case, but I'd thought that if it hung around long enough to retrieve it then we didn't need to worry as much about it dissipating. However, we did send Menka to pick it up, so if you mean Ino should've had direct confirmation of a and b, this is the first time she's seen it up close.

Eh. Well let's be honest, a bullet made entirely of chakra is a massive gold mind for people who want to make firearms better so after Kiba got shot the bullet may have become his primary, if he suspected it was made of chakra. Long shot, but eh.

Making chakra constructs is....well, it's damn impressive and potentially very versatile.

If nothing else, Menka is a sensor and he should have figured this out when HE picked it up. At least that it's made of chakra, I should think.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Puzzlin' Evidence
Talking Heads

FurikoMaru said:
This is the shiny option, of course.
But do we have the control?
And we might contaminate it anyway.
And there is a non-zero chance that Gai will insist we let the nasty chakra dissipate.
Or Lee.
Or ask us to reseal it for RnD.

FurikoMaru said:
This is the safe option, which means we can tinker at leisure.
But it may not keep it from destabilising.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Whoa, the sooner the scary-chakra is dispersed and away from your hand and your friends, the better. Let it dissolve.
Pff....hahahaha.
Which SBer would pick this? Really?
More seriously, Menka is also a sensor, and touched it with no harm.
If he thought it dangerous, he would have warned us.

On the bright side we have a Hyuuga, and an elite-jounin here as well.
No way they didn't pick up on this.

...Hang on a second.

Didn't Ino describe Gaara's chakra as being the type that would snap at you just for touching it?

If so and this an accurate representation of what it's like, hahaha, you know what I don't really wanna be touching his chakra with our chakra and hoping our chakra wins. Screw the size, bijuu chakra is corrosive, would it really be a surprise if this was too?

If Furiko wasn't such a nice GM i'd be bracing myself for, "Congrats, by touching the chakra that sings in harmony with itself you too join its chorus. You take 50 San damage, you Are Gaara/Ichibi's pawn, what has been heard can not be unheard and you just made contact with an Eldritch Abomination what were you thinking?!"

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
If Furiko wasn't such a nice GM i'd be bracing myself for, "Congrats, by touching the chakra that sings in harmony with itself you too join its chorus. You take 50 San damage, you Are Gaara/Ichibi's pawn, what has been heard can not be unheard and you just made contact with an Eldritch Abomination what were you thinking?!"
I'll have you know that eating Hunger deamons is a great idea with no potential downsides whatsoever.

>:D

Did you people not learn from the genjutsu incident last time?

Now is not the time to be messing with these things, and even if it was we have no idea what we'd actually be doing with the thing if we managed to make it work, don't we already have enough to work on in other areas anyway?

[X] SHOT THROUGH THE HEART

"Ararara, no no no you don't!"

Ignoring your own fear, you reach out with your sensing and clamp down on the tiny wild tune, gripping it with all your might.

You're a bullet. Stay a bullet. Stay-

Pain. Pain unending.

INO!

"INO!"

It's as though you hold five hundred thousand sandstorms in the palm of your hand. The dark fanfare doesn't spread. It merely, suddenly, undeniably, is.

And now your hand is not.

Panicking, you release your hold, but it's too late. Now it has a hold on you. It will not leave.

Sainte Mère de Dieu it's the Kyuubi the Kyuubi's back the Kyuubi the Kyuubi's back Ino you have to move get moving run-!

You aren't even aware you've been screaming until Neji grabs you by the arm and forces his chakra into your tenketsu, blasting the other invading chakra with everything he has.

But he's too late.

Cursing, he falls back, his hands as blackened and useless as yours.

Abruptly, you find yourself wrapped tightly in someone's arms. The pain is dimming, now.

"Lupin?"

"It's okay, Ino. I promise, it will be okay."

The dream complex flickers around you.

"But... I'm not done! I have to get back out there!"

"Ino, I'm sorry. But in a minute there won't be an out there anymore." He clings to you desperately, like a little kid. "Please stay with me..."

=

Teach Us, Jigen-sensei!

"There's bijuu chakra in it, you idiots. You don't know a deathtrap option when you see one? Fuck, she spoils you.

"Okay, those of you calling bullshit? Shut up. If an alkaline battery started to crumble in your hands, would you try to put it back together or throw it away before the contents ate through your skin? Just because something was harmless to the touch in its normal state doesn't mean that once decay sets in it's still open season. That bullet isn't supposed to stick around; you'd have found that out if you'd voted to examine it back when Menka picked it up.

"Yes, tailed beasts can theoretically grant their chakra to other creatures. Note the phrasing there: grant. So just this once, pretty please, with sugar on top, don't touch the scary demonic energy unless Gaara explicitly tells you it's okay.

"... christ. I feel like I spend half my life telling Lupin not to fuck with the supernatural. >_<

"And just because I don't want to have to come back out here in ten minutes, the other two options are both fine. I don't want to hear any of you wishy-washy sons of bitches whining about how trying new things got you a Bad End.

"You, with the face! Bring me the 30-year-old Glenfiddich from behind the counter. The rest of you get back to your underage ninja girlfriend."

Thank you, Jigen-sensei! Congratulations, everyone, you've got the Together in Death sticker. Isn't it pretty?

=

you requested a rewind...

[X] Write in?

Yeah, there's no way we could have seen this coming at all!

[X] Just watch it dissolve. "Huh. That's new." Resolve to see if you can find a way to replicate that later- Solid Chakra Constructs sound absolutely broken.

Vindictus said:
Yeah, there's no way we could have seen this coming at all!
[X] Just watch it dissolve. "Huh. That's new." Resolve to see if you can find a way to replicate that later- Solid Chakra Constructs sound absolutely broken.
Pfft.
We need to bring a present for Daddy!
>:D
Besides I can't think of a better way to figure out what Gaara is IC than to present Inoichi with a sample of bijuu chakra

[X]Shove it back in the seal
Same respect as when you deal with a dangerous poison.

we can get it scanned, then find out IC about him being a container i guess.

wait, why the fuck is it made out of Shikaku's chakra? I thought it was Gaara's? is he in full Demon-cloak mode already?

and this is not from touching it (which seems to be harmless?) and is canonically how Demon chakra is corrosive, but by touching it with our own chakra?

wow, I guess the Bijuu themselves are something completely diffrent in this world, considering how in canon Sakura got a sort of nasty burn looking thing from taking a glancing blow from one of Naruto's tails, which was then healed no fucking problem, but here a single bullet of Gaara's(or Shikaku's) chakra is potent enough to melt our hands, cripple Neji who explicitly didn't even touch it with his hands (he used his chakra to purge our own) and then kill us.

Chakra activated? seemed harmless to touch, but crippled us (and Neji) the moment our chakra touched it?

ok, we should either cosy up to Naruto, or avoid him like the fucking plague, because he's gotta be WAAAAAAAY more powerful in this verse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back