• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

uju32 said:
It matters because it was a choice.
Our choice.
We were not compelled to do so, and it was but one of several possible paths.
I do not believe in artificially limiting our choices.

I generally don't either, but sometimes I make exceptions.

Ah yes.
Publicly ruin the plans of the yandere Uchiha who killed an entire clan while he has a trojan horse in your brain.
And you lack the combat power to be more than a speed bump, and are digging in your heels about acquiring more.
That'll end well.

Who says we'd still have it? There's a reason to grind this kind of stuff. Dangerous, but Itachi is not insurmountable by any means.

You are trying to bend them to your will by vocal persuasion, and make that a regular strategy.
You need Naruto-level Cha for that.

You do not need to be Naruto to convince people to do stuff for you.

In fact, just look at how much of this Quest is spent talking and compare it to how much is spent fighting. No, really. I'll wait.

Furiko has us talk and play the social game WAY more than we fight. And before she dumped us into the chunin exams, she planned two arcs: Nabiki, and investigate Takoazoa family arc. All things with a heavy emphasis on the social.

Seriously. You don't need to be Naruto to just talk to people and convince them to do stuff. Diplomacy is not his province, plenty of others can do it besides shouting at people and making them do what he wants because charisma. It can be finessed.

This is a Naruto AU.
With Lupin the flamboyant loudmouth as MC scion of a ninja clan.
Caper flick is but a percentage of what goes into this menu.
A small percentage.

Once again: go tally up time spent fighting versus talking, investigating, and otherwise being a social butterfly, and how Furiko is always willing to let us spend extra time and updates interacting with people instead of speeding forward to combat.

No, I think caper and social related stuff with village intrigue has and will continue to massive outstrip everything else.

By the time we're his age?
Sure.
We're not his age yet, or anytime soon.

You're the one who points out how haxx we are now. Why do you think it'll take us until we're in our fifties to match Jiraiya, when we're the reincarnation of a master thief, have him in our head, and Furiko seriously fangirls Lupin? She even put Lupin himself in the story and we just got one of the old posse back. Probably gonna see the rest of the gang too now, sooner or later. A whole group of professional thieves, straight from their home world, what do you think she's gonna use them for? Cheerleaders to the ninja battles?

Writing on the wall seems clear to me.

You do realize that Itachi runs Mind Rape r Us?
Genjutsu so subtle that it infects you when you talk to someone else?

*points to our stuff and growing experience*

Rogue, not thief.
Stealing shit is a hobby, not our raison d'etre.

I think it is safe to say that Lupin disagrees. Stealing and heists is a very big part of the personality.

And no,most skills are not often used. It only means that when you do use them, you will need them badly.

Or get clever.

Again, you are the one trying talk your way across the quest.
You want to do that, you need to be Naruto good.
Or do the Itachi thing.

Wow. Just....wow.

Dude, you just said that to do social interaction and talk with people to convince them of things, you must be Ninja Jesus or Mind Rape.

That is an incredibly warped perspective on social interaction. Or that's how it's coming across. It's completely disregarding the possibility of huge numbers of circumstances, the fact that people have agendas, and that we can appeal to their agendas.

You cited Kakuzu in the omake. Remember Ino talking her way out of that? Cha-ching, there's some epic talking your way out of trouble. An example of getting out of shit and without relying on Charisma.

Because this is a Naruto Quest.
Desperate ninjutsu battles are par for the course here.

Upgraded to seinin, and how many desperate ninjutsu battles have you seen us do?

Especially compared to all the social interaction or intrigue stuff. Seriously, that stuff outclasses all those desperate ninjutsu battles by a country mile. We have finished the first round of exams and instead of moving to to training and whatnot, we are dong MORE social interaction and plotlines.

Agenda's clearly changed dude. We didn't even have a 'desperate ninjutsu battle' at the end of the first arc. All fights have been completed overshadowed compared to stuff outside of fights.

In fact, do you remember when we were choosing characters? When Usagi was a choice?

If that happened, Furiko says that was a path in which we may just plain not become a ninja at all. That's how radically Furiko would be willing to change the basic premise of the show. Not even being a ninja.

Your disguise will fail, something unexpected will happen, and you'll find yourself in a firefight with people looking to take your head.
Stealth? Other people train for it too.
Ditto genjutsu.
You need to quit assuming they are OCPs in a world of battlemages.

They aren't as good as us. And going by the impression I've been getting with Lupin, getting away with this kind of stuff is what he thrives on. Sure, there's some fighting, but when we were just a kid what we were a natural at was escaping and stealing stuff.

Not Bruiser.
Rogue.
And while you may have a hankering for an all-caper course, I prefer a more balanced diet.

I can't imagine how you've stuck around from the beginning then.

And you talk like everything's changed, despite the fact that the broadstrokes geopolitical situation remains the same.
Changes are subtle so far; Bloody Mist became Whispering Mist, but didn't morph into another village altogether.

Policy seems radically changed, so I don't think that counts.

But there was still a Mist Civil War.

And there's no bloodline troubles.

The Uzumaki still went kaput.

They did.

There was still a war in Rain, only with the Rain 3 winning without losing their soul.

Which means a vastly different outcome.

Again, if there are no clear plotlines contradicting them, it's safe to assume canon rules.

No, it's not. Look at Gaara. If we'd assumed his abilities were the same and not looked into him or figured out his identity, we'd be screwed. Look at Zabuza. He's not a missing-nin, assuming that would be bad. Look at Deidara. New residence. Look at the Ame trio, who until Furiko mentioned the big changes you would have blithely assumed (incorrectly) their current location and priorities.

Yahiko is alive, that's big.

Hell, look at Kankuro and see how very many assumptions have been smashed into teeny tiny pieces.

Canon is not to be assumed. We can use it as a reference and have some ideas, but assuming it will hold until disproven? Bad policy. Keep canon in mind, be ready for it being thrown out the window instead of counting on things we frankly have no guarantee anything will be the same. So don't go making assumptions when Furiko is making it her personal mission to subvert our expectations. All you'll do is make it easier for her to fool you.

Tsunade is still AWOL. Orochimaru is still nukenin. Kakashi still got a sharingan. The Yondaime still fought Kyuubi and died.
Shisui still died.
Itachi still killed his clan.
The sharingan eyes(or the bodies) still vanished.
Until we get rulings or indications otherwise, canon remains our only guide.

A guide is not a bible though. Especially when everything has been upgraded from shounen logic to seinin logic. Take canon as ways and reasons things can go down, expect Furiko to subvert expectations and manufacture new stuff as it suits her.

Tobi didn't die here, so he will be out there plotting.

We don't even know Tobi exists right now. If I'm wrong, find me a citation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more votes, or changes to make by the enthusiastic people who altogether outnumber the more cautious crowd so that you get a majority?

FurikoMaru said:
Any more votes, or changes to make by the enthusiastic people who altogether outnumber the more cautious crowd so that you get a majority?

Wow you must not want to write the current winner.

H'okay.

[X] "Jigen-san?!" Tackle-hug. "Holy shit Lupin didn't know anybody was still around well I guess you aren't technically you don't think ossan is actually in Tenten do you?!"
-[X] "Oh, hold on, let me make this a four-way call." Throne at the Heart of the Mountain. With all the Sasukes staring at them forbiddingly.

Yeah, people probably want to keep Throne in reserve, but right now I kinda doubt we'd really be planning on chumping Knakuro/Jigen for the fight, so let it ride.

Plus, Jigen probably won't be able to hit Lupin in good conscience because it's still Ino's body. Throne neatly removes that problem and lets him wail on his friend to his heart's content.

I'd rather do this chatty stuff inside the Throne, and I suppose I'd switch to one of the more enthusiastic canon choices, but I like this one better.

FurikoMaru said:
I don't like minority governments. :p

-> ?

-> Hymn's head *insert scratching hand*

But since nightblade just shifted, guess I'll deadlock Jigan-san with the current winner. If I'm remembering right.

[X] "... Jigen-san?!"

I don't really think using Throne would give up any big advantages, which is what the cautious crowd is worried about.

Kankuro presumably learned how to Throne to communicate with Jigen, but I do think betting we're superior at it is a good bet. But more importantly, we're not gonna want to use Throne during the final exam; it's not flashy enough to get either of us promoted.

So if we reveal it to this guy who's pretty much a shoo-in for ally at this point, who cares?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
-> ?

-> Hymn's head *insert scratching hand*
First Past The Post? A technical win based on a lead the winning vote has over every other option, despite the number of people who're lukewarm at best to the winning option overall outnumbering the people who like it?

I mean, I don't mind so much when the winning vote has an obvious lead on every other option (or, let's be honest, when the option I think is fun wins), but when it's so close I just groan.

Guile said:
I don't really think using Throne would give up any big advantages, which is what the cautious crowd is worried about.

Kankuro presumably learned how to Throne to communicate with Jigen, but I do think betting we're superior at it is a good bet. But more importantly, we're not gonna want to use Throne during the final exam; it's not flashy enough to get either of us promoted.

So if we reveal it to this guy who's pretty much a shoo-in for ally at this point, who cares?

Yeah, that was pretty much my logic when I first made a Throne vote. I mean he's pretty much a locked ally now, hell with his help we might make the BEST Jigen construct, and it lets us speak freely without worrying about being overheard.

Much more fitting for a reunion too.

Worrying about wasting a trump card when Lupino just encountered one of her 'precious people' when they thought they'd never see them again seems so incredibly petty.

FurikoMaru said:
First Past The Post? A technical win based on a lead the winning vote has over every other option, despite the number of people who're lukewarm at best to the winning option overall outnumbering the people who like it?

I mean, I don't mind so much when the winning vote has an obvious lead on every other option (or, let's be honest, when the option I think is fun wins), but when it's so close I just groan.

I...think I get what you're saying? More people favor some manner of introduction to Jigan, but the votes there are split compared to consolidated votes for stepping aside?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I...think I get what you're saying? More people favor some manner of introduction to Jigan, but the votes there are split compared to consolidated votes for stepping aside?
Hm. I thought the suckiness of FPTP was more widely-known than that. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying.

FurikoMaru said:
Hm. I thought the suckiness of FPTP was more widely-known than that. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying.
ya learn to deal with the issues in the US. any chance of it changing is not within the foreseeable future.

eh, i'm happy with anything other than randomly busting out our most secret clan technique in the middle of the street, on the guy were are going to have to fight in a months time.

[X] "... Jigen-san?!"
FurikoMaru said:
Have you considered implementing an alternative voting system?

iamnuff said:
eh, i'm happy with anything other than randomly busting out our most secret clan technique in the middle of the street, on the guy were are going to have to fight in a months time.
Throne isn't a secret clan technique, other people use it too. We're fairly sure KANKURO uses it.

Torgamous said:
Have you considered implementing an alternative voting system?
Unlike during real-world elections, I have to count these votes myself a lot of the time. I'm terrible at keeping track of even just the system we have now. Besides, on a metropolitan to national scale you can't discuss things with the electorate directly.

Oh wow didn't even notice iamnuff called it secret clan technique.

Yeah, I know Furiko said Sarutobi knows it at very least, and that what it's based on/the technique entirely predates the Yamanaka clan. It may not have included the 'suck you inside a person's' head bit, Furiko would need to confirm whether others can do that, but memory palaces are definitely a thing for other people.

And if Kankuro can do ghetto Shintenshin, then apparently you don't even need to be from the Yamanaka family to do that kind of stuff, so maybe it's on the table for others too.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Oh wow didn't even notice iamnuff called it secret clan technique.

Yeah, I know Furiko said Sarutobi knows it at very least, and that what it's based on/the technique entirely predates the Yamanaka clan. It may not have included the 'suck you inside a person's' head bit, Furiko would need to confirm whether others can do that, but memory palaces are definitely a thing for other people.

And if Kankuro can do ghetto Shintenshin, then apparently you don't even need to be from the Yamanaka family to do that kind of stuff, so maybe it's on the table for others too.

I was under the impression that his "ghetto Shintenshin" was seal based, thus not something he can preform on the fly, or personally.

also, the entire plan with the throne thing is to drag them inside our headspace.

whether other people can build head-space or not is completely irrelevant, unless they can use mind-arts-jutsu to drag people into their mind, then the particualar usage that we are debating using right now, is unique to our clan, and more importantly, possibly our trump card in the upcoming exam.

At the speed we learn? We'll have three new trump cards by the end of the month.

And again, Throne isn't a good trick for a public event, because it's the opposite of flashy.

Edit: Random thought, guys: what would the fallout be of Ino being a known cat summoner? When the only cat summoners known in 4-5 generations have been Uchiha? Would Sasuke want in? Would people think he opened the Uchiha vault to us? What would Itachi think?

Guile said:
At the speed we learn? We'll have three new trump cards by the end of the month.

And again, Throne isn't a good trick for a public event, because it's the opposite of flashy.

so? nobody knows about our or kankuro's head-dudes anyway, so dragging Lupin and Jigen into a battle in our mind while we fight kankuro would show everyone that we found a cool way to fuck with his puppet (he's going to have to go manual control with it, instead of using his Ghetto-powers to have Jigen pilot it) and we get to have an awesome mind-battle.

As I somehow lost overview here.. I blame the time of day and coming form a concert
[X]Vote for that options that furiko prefered here. If she likes both equally party in the throne.!

Guile said:
Edit: Random thought, guys: what would the fallout be of Ino being a known cat summoner? When the only cat summoners known in 4-5 generations have been Uchiha? Would Sasuke want in? Would people think he opened the Uchiha vault to us? What would Itachi think?
The knowledgeable will suspect Sasuke opened the Uchiha vaults to us, and will wonder what else he gave us.
At the very least we draw the attention of anyone interested in the Uchiha; definitely Danzo, possibly people inside and outside the village looking for levers on him.
And given the cats known to be signed to the original contract, the odds are that any attackers coming after us will be packing major heat, if they think there is the possibility of facing a bakeneko.

Sasuke will be hurt at the possibility that we've been keeping secrets from him; he knows about Menka, but not his clan, or our contract. Ami knows, but I don't believe we told him.

Itachi won't care very much; he probably has everything he wants from the vaults, and might actually be pleased that we are that trusted. Best Friend to kill after all.

The Nekomata clans may move against the Tora clan to wipe them out before they get too strong; it was one thing to toy with them while they were weak and powerless, but quite another if they've acquired an actual contract.
At the very least those same youngsters that killed Tora and Yugi will return for a rematch to demonstrate dominance, and it will escalate.

And they will certainly move to investigate us one way or the other; no idea what happens with that.

uju32 said:
The knowledgeable will suspect Sasuke opened the Uchiha vaults to us, and will wonder what else he gave us.
At the very least we draw the attention of anyone interested in the Uchiha; definitely Danzo, possibly people inside and outside the village looking for levers on him.
And given the cats known to be signed to the original contract, the odds are that any attackers coming after us will be packing major heat, if they think there is the possibility of facing a bakeneko.

Sasuke will be hurt at the possibility that we've been keeping secrets from him; he knows about Menka, but not his clan, or our contract. Ami knows, but I don't believe we told him.

Itachi won't care very much; he probably has everything he wants from the vaults, and might actually be pleased that we are that trusted. Best Friend to kill after all.

The Nekomata clans may move against the Tora clan to wipe them out before they get too strong; it was one thing to toy with them while they were weak and powerless, but quite another if they've acquired an actual contract.
At the very least those same youngsters that killed Tora and Yugi will return for a rematch to demonstrate dominance, and it will escalate.

And they will certainly move to investigate us one way or the other; no idea what happens with that.
Which is when we start kicking hte Nekomata clans ass. I suggest we do to them what Obito did to Konan. A genjutsu that cause's their body to shut down. Heck we should make something like that in general.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Who says we'd still have it? There's a reason to grind this kind of stuff. Dangerous, but Itachi is not insurmountable by any means.
Not insurmountable no.
But beyond us, for at least a couple of years.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You do not need to be Naruto to convince people to do stuff for you.
No, you need to be better.
Especially when dealing with enemies, or people already on their guard.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
In fact, just look at how much of this Quest is spent talking and compare it to how much is spent fighting. No, really. I'll wait.
Furiko has us talk and play the social game WAY more than we fight. And before she dumped us into the chunin exams, she planned two arcs: Nabiki, and investigate Takoazoa family arc. All things with a heavy emphasis on the social.
And all things in friendly territory, with plentiful backup if things went south.
Very different from planning to engage active hostiles with diplomancy and no physical backup.
I have said it before, I will repeat: we have been operating with training wheels.
And the training wheels will come off.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Seriously. You don't need to be Naruto to just talk to people and convince them to do stuff. Diplomacy is not his province, plenty of others can do it besides shouting at people and making them do what he wants because charisma. It can be finessed.
If

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Once again: go tally up time spent fighting versus talking, investigating, and otherwise being a social butterfly, and how Furiko is always willing to let us spend extra time and updates interacting with people instead of speeding forward to combat.
We just graduated from the academy dude.
Operation Nabiki was our very first C-rank.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No, I think caper and social related stuff with village intrigue has and will continue to massive outstrip everything else.
And I do not dispute that it will play an important part.
But warfare will have its place here, as judged by the fact that the GM gave us warfare applicable feats.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You're the one who points out how haxx we are now. Why do you think it'll take us until we're in our fifties to match Jiraiya, when we're the reincarnation of a master thief, have him in our head, and Furiko seriously fangirls Lupin? She even put Lupin himself in the story and we just got one of the old posse back. Probably gonna see the rest of the gang too now, sooner or later. A whole group of professional thieves, straight from their home world, what do you think she's gonna use them for? Cheerleaders to the ninja battles?
I say it will take much longer than being a 13 year old.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Wow. Just....wow.
Dude, you just said that to do social interaction and talk with people to convince them of things, you must be Ninja Jesus or Mind Rape.
That is an incredibly warped perspective on social interaction. Or that's how it's coming across. It's completely disregarding the possibility of huge numbers of circumstances, the fact that people have agendas, and that we can appeal to their agendas.
I assert again, that if you intend to play diplomancy as a primary tool to deal with enemies, you need to be either packing the Charisma of Naruto, the mind rape eyes of Itachi.
Failing that, a big enough gun to give you cover when diplomacy fails.
The neutral to friendly people we have met so far are not a reasonable benchmark for what/who we will need to deal with.

So far, we have basically not had to face opposition; all the people we have socialized with have been neutral at worst.
That is not something to rely on.
Even if the GM has been playing this on Easy mode.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You cited Kakuzu in the omake. Remember Ino talking her way out of that? Cha-ching, there's some epic talking your way out of trouble. An example of getting out of shit and without relying on Charisma.
I remember Ino not having a choice because combat had already failed.
And she had alternatives.
I do not intend to be in a situation where diplomacy fails, and not have heavy duty combat skills to fall back on.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Upgraded to seinin, and how many desperate ninjutsu battles have you seen us do?
We are 12, soon to be 13.
We just graduated the academy a few months ago.
We have done ONE C-RANK.

That one C-rank escort/guard job devolved into an A-class escort, diplomacy, infiltration and counterassassination mission,.
This ended up in a final battle that involved hundreds of people, a large number of ki-adepts, most of the underworld of Tanzaku Gai, and a freaking goddess.
The body count was in the wheelbarrows of men and body parts.

That's the precedent set for our missions going south.
We've been given notice.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Especially compared to all the social interaction or intrigue stuff. Seriously, that stuff outclasses all those desperate ninjutsu battles by a country mile. We have finished the first round of exams and instead of moving to to training and whatnot, we are dong MORE social interaction and plotlines.
Your opinion.
I disagree.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Agenda's clearly changed dude. We didn't even have a 'desperate ninjutsu battle' at the end of the first arc. All fights have been completed overshadowed compared to stuff outside of fights.
Strongly disagree.
The fight DID occur, we were just using a goddess' POV while Team 5 got stuck in.
Ami was cutting her way through opposition as was Asuma.
Kiba almost died/got crippled.
Ino was forced to kill two people, despite her best efforts.

Everyone in that battle racked up more kills than Kakashi did in his first three fights in canon.
So no, you just weren't paying attention.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
In fact, do you remember when we were choosing characters? When Usagi was a choice?
No.
I wasn't a player then.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
If that happened, Furiko says that was a path in which we may just plain not become a ninja at all. That's how radically Furiko would be willing to change the basic premise of the show. Not even being a ninja.
But that isn't that game.
This is a ninja quest.
You will notice that Ino was the only member of her crew born in Konoha.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
They aren't as good as us. And going by the impression I've been getting with Lupin, getting away with this kind of stuff is what he thrives on. Sure, there's some fighting, but when we were just a kid what we were a natural at was escaping and stealing stuff.
I will point you to our first encounter with Asuma, and how he punked us when we tried to steal his cigarettes.
Or how Itachi stomped us through our S-class thought shields.
They may not be PCs, but Age and Treachery counts for a hell of a lot.
And I do not see the GM putting us up against people who we can punk at leisure.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And there's no bloodline troubles.
I do not believe that is accurate.
Both the Yuki and Hougetsu were suspected to be extinct, for good reason.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Which means a vastly different outcome.
To geopolitics?
No.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No, it's not. Look at Gaara. If we'd assumed his abilities were the same and not looked into him or figured out his identity, we'd be screwed. Look at Zabuza. He's not a missing-nin, assuming that would be bad. Look at Deidara. New residence. Look at the Ame trio, who until Furiko mentioned the big changes you would have blithely assumed (incorrectly) their current location and priorities.
We were screwed against canon!Gaara anyway if it came to blows.
Zabuza's loyalties have not had more than a tangential effect on major plotlines so far.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Yahiko is alive, that's big.
In the future?
Maybe.
Now? I'm yet to see it.
Rain sent teams to the chuunin exam, like in canon, but aren't allied, like in canon.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hell, look at Kankuro and see how very many assumptions have been smashed into teeny tiny pieces.
I'll give you Kankuro,

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Canon is not to be assumed. We can use it as a reference and have some ideas, but assuming it will hold until disproven? Bad policy. Keep canon in mind, be ready for it being thrown out the window instead of counting on things we frankly have no guarantee anything will be the same. So don't go making assumptions when Furiko is making it her personal mission to subvert our expectations. All you'll do is make it easier for her to fool you.
Occam's Razor suggests canon is in effect until disproven; Furiko certainly isn't rebuilding the entire setting from scratch.
The broadstrokes remain the same, as do a lot of the details, simply tweaked or expanded on.
It's recognizably the Narutoverse, of the Naruto time period.

I fully expect to see more changes as we go on, but you are asserting way more changes to canon than is in evidence.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
A guide is not a bible though. Especially when everything has been upgraded from shounen logic to seinin logic. Take canon as ways and reasons things can go down, expect Furiko to subvert expectations and manufacture new stuff as it suits her.
We don't even know Tobi exists right now. If I'm wrong, find me a citation.
Find me a citation that says he doesn't.
Kakashi still ended up with a Sharingan and his canon character, Minato still died with his wife, Naruto still ended up as jinchuuriki.
Occam's Razor applies unless the GM indicates otherwise.
As is her prerogative.

It doesn't mean we get complacent, or even expect the plot to follow stations of canon.
But it does mean that major forces and factors do not change without notice.
And it means I will be aiming to take precautions against surprises.

EDIT
Holy wall of text Batman.
I'm not doing this again.

nightblade said:
Which is when we start kicking hte Nekomata clans ass. I suggest we do to them what Obito did to Konan. A genjutsu that cause's their body to shut down. Heck we should make something like that in general.
Dude, I think you didn't see Furiko's TvTropes post on the Nekomata clan's strength.
Gimme a moment to dig it up
Furiko Maru said:
Yep. The main contract is always in the possession of the Nekomata of any given era, but only three of the seven summoners they've ever had have been signatories to that one, because they'll only let speakers of the tongue sign it. The contract the Uchiha have is the summon equivalent of an extended game demo; there're about twenty cats on it, but they all have the same speciality - three guesses what it is, and the first two don't count.
Contrast this with the thousand-cat-strong full contract, including the last four bakeneko, a full poison-research team, one or two seers, a couple of sensors, a brace of diplomats, an entire soujutsu school, and a ton of average 'civilian' cats who are very, very good at paying attention to the world around them.
No Cat Sage, though. No one's ever been really interested.
Menka is a special jounin class swordscat, and he uses genjutsu in combat.
Yuji-sensei was better, and he still got killed by a bunch of kids from the main clan.
What do you think the Nekomata clans can produce if they're serious?
Looking at the above writeup?

Believe me, this is a situation for guile, diplomacy and an indirect approach.
We might still need to fight the most hard core, but we will need to convert or eliminate as many of their allies as possible first.

Is that our designation, Team Five?

That shit is weaksauce. We need to be like... Team Explosive Diplomacy. Or at least Team Go. That's five in japanese, right? Go?

According to Google Translate, yes, but to me "Team Go" sounds like something you'd see in a racing show targeted at preschoolers. The bad guys would be Team Stop and they'd hinder Team Go by standing in the middle of the street and refusing to get out of the way until Team Go answers a question about basic grammar or math.

Guile said:
Is that our designation, Team Five?
That shit is weaksauce. We need to be like... Team Explosive Diplomacy. Or at least Team Go. That's five in japanese, right? Go?
Team Five, or Team Asuma; doesn't sound half bad in Japanese.
You could always think up new apellations: Team Escalation seems appropriate, seeing what Ami and Kiba pulled.
Or you could go with Team Trouble, Team Nature(if Ami picks up a contract)....
Hell, Team Style, if Ino gets a free hand at her teammates wardrobes.

[X] This family just keep growing

"... Jigen-san?!"

You almost hug him right then and there.

Buuuuuut then you remember that odds are someone saw Kankuro leave the bar after you did, and Neji can see through walls. And oh, yep, there's a jounin on the roof of the next building over, probably keeping an eye on Kankuro and the chick he's supposed to fight in a month. Shit. The touchy-feely crap'll have to wait until you two are actually alone wow that sounds dirtier than you wanted it to.

Kan- Ji- Jigen-kuro's chakra gives an embarrassed jolt. "Um, well, yeah."

;D Jigen! Buddy! Ino, lemme out! Lemmeoutlemmeoutlemmeoutlemmeout! Lupin sprouts himself a set of dog ears and a tail and wags excitedly inside your mind.

[X] Who can say no to the puppy?

[X] Yeah, you aren't thrilled about the possibility of ANBU even suspecting you believe yourself to be a reincarnated thief. Whatever Asuma says, you've pretty sure that'd cost you the promotion to chuunin. And even if they don't get the full picture, who's to say they won't just think you're a sleeper?
-> [X] Pretend to put the moves on Kankuro while you actually tell him where you guys can meet privately without being watched.
-> [X] Write in?

[X] Yeah, you aren't thrilled about the possibility of ANBU even suspecting you believe yourself to be a reincarnated thief. Whatever Asuma says, you've pretty sure that'd cost you the promotion to chuunin. And even if they don't get the full picture, who's to say they won't just think you're a sleeper?
-> [X] Pretend to put the moves on Kankuro while you actually tell him where you guys can meet privately without being watched.

-->[X] Play dumb. You were both thieves in a past life, you've almost certainly got some sort of code for 'It's not safe to talk here, meet me somewhere else later' that won't end up embarrassing you horribly.
-->[X] Slip another note into his pocket, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back