• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Guile, with our Speed we can make and re-make masks of people on the spot.

That said, after we went to such lengths to not use them in the exams, even now it seems kind of wasteful to use them here.

Honestly I don't see why we should do what seems to me to be the worst possible thing: getting directly into melee and announcing our presence. We can't even beat Tenten in melee and now we want to throw down with chunin and jounin?

At very least I'd think we'd be better off setting traps from the sidelines or something. Although admittedly, I'm not coming up with any good ideas for defusing this either.

Not to mention any plan that has, "And then XXX OHKO's Gaante," is something I'm inherently wary of because Dante never stays down. Only way he would here is if he just conceded. Which....seems pretty unlikely.

We don't need to win here. We just need the winner to be inconclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
We don't need to win here. We just need the winner to be inconclusive.
Which wouldn't just mean dual knockout. It'd also apply if we confuse the issue enough that nobody can tell who won.

And, since we've got tables and kunai flying around, the fight's already ongoing. We should probably get an idea of what's going on before finalizing any plans. Furiko, how's the fight going?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Guile, with our Speed we can make and re-make masks of people on the spot.
Neat. I assume we keep the gum and other materials on our person at all times to take advantage of this?

That said, after we went to such lengths to not use them in the exams, even now it seems kind of wasteful to use them here.
That's only if someone calls us on our illusions. It's just a second layer of protection.

Honestly I don't see why we should do what seems to me to be the worst possible thing: getting directly into melee and announcing our presence. We can't even beat Tenten in melee and now we want to throw down with chunin and jounin?
We also moved too fast for Anko, a Special Jonin, to keep track of. In a furball like this promises to be, I judged that we'd be fine.

This wouldn't be a fair fight, this would be us sneak attacking people when they don't expect it, using their buddy's face, with genjutsu.

I am, of course, totally open to other proposed plans of action, like 'traps from the sidelines.

Torgamous said:
Which wouldn't just mean dual knockout. It'd also apply if we confuse the issue enough that nobody can tell who won.

Exactly.

That, or we just make someone completely different the winner.

Example: Sarutobi Hiruzen walks in the room. He wins.

Guile said:
Neat. I assume we keep the gum and other materials on our person at all times to take advantage of this?

I think we have three basic masks and a crapload of supplies to imitate anyone's face.

That's only if someone calls us on our illusions. It's just a second layer of protection.

I'm not sure it's worth that myself.

We also moved too fast for Anko, a Special Jonin, to keep track of. In a furball like this promises to be, I judged that we'd be fine.

I would think that the closed quarters and material around will either work for us and our size or as much against us as everyone else because keeping track of a dozen fighting bodies and the surroundings is a pain in the ass.

This wouldn't be a fair fight, this would be us sneak attacking people when they don't expect it, using their buddy's face, with genjutsu.

Kinda hard to pull that on ANBU bigger than us, and Gaara....S-Rank ninja. Short of luring Gaara into a bathhouse filled with bathing woman and forcing Furiko to reuse her own crack, I don't think there's any surefire way of putting him down.

We're kinda weak as a kitten you know. I doubt we can even pierce his sand armor.

I am, of course, totally open to other proposed plans of action, like 'traps from the sidelines.

I was thinking more, "Make people run into attacks," myself.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Short of luring Gaara into a bathhouse filled with bathing woman and forcing Furiko to reuse her own crack, I don't think there's any surefire way of putting him down.
There's probably defensive bathhouses at key locations throughout the village for this exact purpose. The hard part would be the ANBU. Getting Gaara into a bathhouse after they're beaten doesn't change that it's his win, and luring them too is more difficult since they'll know where the bathhouses are and will have been trained to avoid them.

Torgamous said:
There's probably defensive bathhouses at key locations throughout the village for this exact purpose. The hard part would be the ANBU. Getting Gaara into a bathhouse after they're beaten doesn't change that it's his win, and luring them too is more difficult since they'll know where the bathhouses are and will have been trained to avoid them.
Having everybody take this fight into the street instead of upsetting Chouza-san might be an easy sell.

Then we could have a zany running fight a la Ranma 1/2.

Although that wouldn't look overly good to visiting ninja, I guess.

Guile said:
Having everybody take this fight into the street instead of upsetting Chouza-san might be an easy sell.

Even if we don't get them to a bathhouse, this could make it much easier to add to the confusion and so make it harder to call a clear winner. Also increases the probability of additional parties that nobody's bet on getting involved.
Guile said:
Although that wouldn't look overly good to visiting ninja, I guess.
Konoha doesn't exactly have a reputation for decorum to begin with, and Suna's also involved. It'll be fine.

Torgamous said:

Lure Gaara into it, then have Temari blow the ANBU into the place? Coincidentally getting rid of any towels?

Temari may not be a....completely willing participant in this case. But False Surroundings is amazingly useful under the right circumstances, isn't it? It may fool the Gaara, the ANBU, and Temari for scooping up the rest.

I do adore the idea of strategically based bathhouses though.

Guile said:

[x] This is my vote.

Although I'm halfway certain that no eternally-lost martial artists or crazy brides will appear, I'm still halfway certain they might.

FurikoMaru said:
Well, what're ya waitin' for? Let's get to work! >:D
*facepalms*

FurikoMaru said:
[X] "All right, I got fifty from Gaara on himself. Three gets you two odds on ANBU! Taking all bets! That's a bet of 3 ryo on Konoha's finest will get you 2 on a win! It's the guy who shrugs off bullets and the Best Uchiha against the Konoha dectet! Lot of good talent in our ANBU squads, I sure wouldn't bet against them myself! What'll it be, gents? If the fight is inconclusive, house keeps all bets!"
This is the key.
Do we want to try scalping everyone and reminding them not to bet against the house?
Remember, these are our friends here.

FurikoMaru said:
Neji continues to sit calmly in his booth. The only sudden move he makes is to tilt his head slightly to the left to avoid a kunai that embeds itself in the wall next to him. Idly, he pets a facepawing Menka, and smiles quietly at the convivial chaos.
"Ami-san, please, she listens to you-"
"THREE HUNDRED ON SASUKE-KUN!"
Lol Neji.
And cracking up hard at Ami :)

FurikoMaru said:
You can't quite hear Tenten's reply, but you doubt it's complimentary.
"Fine!" Temari scowls, and pulls out her wallet. "Forty on Gaara. You are the weirdest Yamanaka on the face of the earth, you know that?"
"Yes I am!" you say, wondering what she means by that.
Huh.
Plot hook.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] How do you want to bring the fight to a draw?
I think the appearance of the Professor would end the festivities pretty quickly; he's on the small side at 163 cm.
Or Jiraiya; he's much bigger than we are at 191 cm, but we've actually socialized with him unlike most of the people here, and the jounin will be less familiar with his chakra feel.

I mean, Ino's first conscious memories of Lupin were in Update 42
HERE
, which had him pulling that kind of bluff.
I'm willing to commit a Z-slash to avoid having to use our masks; Kankuro will suspect their presence, but there's no point confirming it's presence to the vast

PLAN
[X]Double False Surroundings + Bunshin
[X]Leave the room and reenter in Henge as Jiraiya or Chouza; maybe Sarutobi, if you think you can pull it off..
[X]Break things up, smooth over ruffled feathers.
Z-slash.

That leaves me with 1 2/3 Z-slashes.

Uh, uju, not a smart plan there. Jiraiya may be expected, most likely is, to give certain pass codes that we cannot.

Honestly I'm feeling a lot more partial towards, "Lure them near/into a bathhouse of civilian woman, get them inside by hook or crook, and let Furiko's canon crack slaughter everyone including Gaara."

Comedy, draws on known phenomena, and pretty feasible all things considered, especially if we can sweet talk/trick Temari into giving the ANBU a 'push' into the bathhouse.

Do it Lupin style... Induce feminine rage, that'll get her motivated to smack things into the hotsprings, heh.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Uh, uju, not a smart plan there. Jiraiya may be expected, most likely is, to give certain pass codes that we cannot.
He would if he was giving orders in the field, transmitting information or taking charge of a military operation.
When intervening in a Konoha bar brawl?
Not likely.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Honestly I'm feeling a lot more partial towards, "Lure them near/into a bathhouse of civilian woman, get them inside by hook or crook, and let Furiko's canon crack slaughter everyone including Gaara."
Comedy, draws on known phenomena, and pretty feasible all things considered, especially if we can sweet talk/trick Temari into giving the ANBU a 'push' into the bathhouse.
You want to draw a general brawl including an S-class foreign jinchuuriki through the streets of a village that suffered a bijuu attack years ago; one whose memories are fresh enough to terrify Gai.
A village with civilians.
While you are trying to demonstrate that you have the judgement to make chuunin.

There's comedy, and there's a flat out bad idea.
All it takes is one overreacting guard.

uju32 said:
He would if he was giving orders in the field, transmitting information or taking charge of a military operation.
When intervening in a Konoha bar brawl?
Not likely.

S-Rank ninja. Honestly I expect there would be 'all clear' protocols when those are involved.

You want to draw a general brawl including an S-class foreign jinchuuriki through the streets of a village that suffered a bijuu attack years ago; one whose memories are fresh enough to terrify Gai.
A village with civilians.
While you are trying to demonstrate that you have the judgement to make chuunin.

There's comedy, and there's a flat out bad idea.
All it takes is one overreacting guard.

First, ANBU. As long as they see ANBU around, no one's actually gonna want a piece of that.

Second, your main objection to it being a 'bad idea' is negated by the fight happening at ALL is a bad idea, and yet the ANBU are humoring it. I didn't think this would be turning out well as it is, but if Furiko is rolling with it....

Third, just as a point, Gaara has been doing a damn fine job keeping things under wraps. His chakra only slipped because of us.

And last, we are known for faking identities. By everyone in the room in fact. So to be honest, us being called out because Ino is fucking around is entirely feasible and sensible.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
S-Rank ninja. Honestly I expect there would be 'all clear' protocols when those are involved.
First, ANBU. As long as they see ANBU around, no one's actually gonna want a piece of that.
Dude.
1) We have no knowledge of S-rank protocols.
2)The alternate reaction to ANBU in a fight is "All hands.!"
3)There are multiple foreign teams in the village, and security will be higher and twitchier than normal.
Mistakes happen.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Second, your main objection to it being a 'bad idea' is negated by the fight happening at ALL is a bad idea, and yet the ANBU are humoring it. I didn't think this would be turning out well as it is, but if Furiko is rolling with it....
It's one thing to humor a brawl in a bar.
Another on the village streets.
Time and place.
And no one has asserted that ANBU can't be dumb; but they are not the ones taking the promotion exam, or being assessed for their performance.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Third, just as a point, Gaara has been doing a damn fine job keeping things under wraps. His chakra only slipped because of us.
I'm not worrying about Gaara, I'm worrying about other people's reactions to Gaara.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And last, we are known for faking identities. By everyone in the room in fact. So to be honest, us being called out because Ino is fucking around is entirely feasible and sensible.
So?
All ninja know henge, yet you don't see them asking for locks of hair to confirm identity each time.
The primary combatants are inebriated.
Lupin was known for masks/impersonations as well; never stopped him before.
It's all in the timing.

A third possible would be impersonating Chouza instead; it IS one of his places.
Hmmm.....

uju32 said:
A third possible would be impersonating Chouza instead; it IS one of his places.
Hmmm.....
A good choice. He's expected to show up sooner or later, judging by Shikamaru's bet, and since he's Chouji's dad we'll have a near-ideal grasp of his character. Imitating his voice could be an issue, but if you're burning a Z-slash that's not a problem.

We'll still need to work out a plausible-looking way for decoy-us to try to bring the fight to a draw, or nobody's going to believe it isn't us even if the real Chouza shows up.

I'm willing to commit a Z-slash to avoid having to use our masks; Kankuro will suspect their presence, but there's no point confirming it's presence to the vast
Uju, he's Jigen. I think we can safely say he knows! And he's the one we're fighting.

And masks are really pretty worthless in an elimination bout, anyway.

And they'd be under our genjutsu, in any case. And honestly, if it DOES come out, I'd say we're more likely to get people thinking that we have an unbreakable genjutsu than 'clearly this 12 year old ninja knows enough noh theatre to create master-level gum masks on the fly!'

Nobody bothers with learning how to craft Lupin-style masks in this era, certainly not ninja. Remember Sasuke's reaction?

Bleagh. I dislike having less and less time these days. Five minute reply:

Unless Gaara lets slip his control, people are not going to realize he's a jink unless they're already in the know.

Pretty sure ANBU can do all-clear things fine.

Neji might ruin our disguise just because, especially if he thinks it'll teach us a lesson in a relatively safe environment, and we don't know how well the masked men will react to Jiraiya but honestly I would not go banking on his reputation.

Chouza would be a more appropriate disguise if we can pull him off though. He has the bonus of being expected to be here and we'll be much better at pulling him off. Bunshin is bunshin though. Kinda crappy body double, especially when we're surrounded by people who might screw us over if they figure out our plan (not very hard, it is derivative) and decide to throw a wrench at us just to see what happens.

Considering what we just pulled and that Kankuro has let them know we're gonna be up to something, fair's fair.

Ino is known for her use of Henge and a dramatic one, more likely to search when she's known to be around, and we have no way of knowing if the ANBU are tipsy (pretty unlikely, they're n duty).

Honestly, I still favor plan bathhouse just because it's loony off the wall and we've never done it before. Remember refuge in audacity? I'm thinking that's the mode Furiko is in right now.....

Really? Never would have guessed.

Is it worth paying for the DvD's or should I just watch it online?

By the way, where are on earth do you watch some of the older episodes/ the manga? It's like impossible to find.

luckybreak91 said:
Really? Never would have guessed.

Is it worth paying for the DvD's or should I just watch it online?
I don't think it's worth it. You can get the same effect with less bullshit by tracking down the manga.

Torgamous said:
A good choice. He's expected to show up sooner or later, judging by Shikamaru's bet, and since he's Chouji's dad we'll have a near-ideal grasp of his character. Imitating his voice could be an issue, but if you're burning a Z-slash that's not a problem.
We'll still need to work out a plausible-looking way for decoy-us to try to bring the fight to a draw, or nobody's going to believe it isn't us even if the real Chouza shows up.
Yeah.
He does outmass and outsize us quite a bit, so a henge would be necessary.

Though it would be amusing to have us break up the fight as Chouza, walk away, and THEN have the real Chouza come in.
Guile said:
Uju, he's Jigen. I think we can safely say he knows! And he's the one we're fighting.
And masks are really pretty worthless in an elimination bout, anyway.
And they'd be under our genjutsu, in any case. And honestly, if it DOES come out, I'd say we're more likely to get people thinking that we have an unbreakable genjutsu than 'clearly this 12 year old ninja knows enough noh theatre to create master-level gum masks on the fly!'
Nobody bothers with learning how to craft Lupin-style masks in this era, certainly not ninja. Remember Sasuke's reaction?
Again, I'm not worried about Jikuro or his sibs.
But this is a public bar, in a village currently hosting a shitton of foreigners; we don't want an operational secret to make it's way into our foreign dossier before we even get to use it.
I mean, Ibiki went out of his way to prevent us using it mid-exam, as an operational secret.

Besides, the possible people we need to impersonate outsize us by quite a bit, besides Sarutobi; and he would know the ANBU by codename.

I doubt we can fake the voice of an 80 year old chronic smoker, anyway.

Kankuro has a financial interest in us getting something resembling our way. He's a potential resource.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Bleagh. I dislike having less and less time these days. Five minute reply:
Unless Gaara lets slip his control, people are not going to realize he's a jink unless they're already in the know.
The chuunin handing out scrolls knew that he was a jinch; he called him demon brat in public.
Given how open Suna is about his status, it's a fair bet that while it may not be in OUR bingo book, that chuunin are aware of who the jinch's are from each nation.

Besides, people's ignorance in this case is a bad thing; while a fight between Baki and ANBU might merit intervention, a fight between ANBU and Orochimaru merits flight if you are not a jounin.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Pretty sure ANBU can do all-clear things fine.
Neji might ruin our disguise just because, especially if he thinks it'll teach us a lesson in a relatively safe environment, and we don't know how well the masked men will react to Jiraiya but honestly I would not go banking on his reputation.
We know dickall about ANBU procedure, IC or OOC.
Neji has not played the asshole with us so far, and frankly if he was so minded the chuunin exam hall would have been a better place.
Jiraiya's reputation for drinking and womanising is well-known; having him come to the door, talk and then go looking for a bar with more women would be IC.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Chouza would be a more appropriate disguise if we can pull him off though. He has the bonus of being expected to be here and we'll be much better at pulling him off. Bunshin is bunshin though. Kinda crappy body double, especially when we're surrounded by people who might screw us over if they figure out our plan (not very hard, it is derivative) and decide to throw a wrench at us just to see what happens.
Bunshin, at night.
After dropping a Double False Surroundings to cover for it.
We're not trying to infiltrate the Konoha archives, just stop a brawl.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Ino is known for her use of Henge and a dramatic one, more likely to search when she's known to be around, and we have no way of knowing if the ANBU are tipsy (pretty unlikely, they're n duty).
I honestly don't expect to fool ANBU for long.
The thing about a drunken fight though, is that once it loses momentum, it's not starting back up.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Honestly, I still favor plan bathhouse just because it's loony off the wall and we've never done it before. Remember refuge in audacity? I'm thinking that's the mode Furiko is in right now.....
*shrug*
I think it's too much myself.

Guile said:
I doubt we can fake the voice of an 80 year old chronic smoker, anyway.
Depends.
We are much older than we were when we learned Utsusemi, after all, and we only need to fake it well enough to pass cursory inspection.
But Chouza is probably a safer bet anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back