• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Presumably the usual amount of Rule of Cool, as exemplified by the Tenten fight. We can get hit with a sucker punch and suffer minor setbacks, but things work out in the end.

I mean, the very worst that can happen is they don't pass us at the end of the tourney and get an Asuma dressing down. They're gonna still want us to compete because we're ridiculous,, and Kiba isn't getting promoted.

Guile said:
Presumably the usual amount of Rule of Cool, as exemplified by the Tenten fight. We can get hit with a sucker punch and suffer minor setbacks, but things work out in the end.

Nah, that's Neji Quest with Nitramy. We quite nearly get railroaded to victory it feels like. If we don't do what the GM planned for, we get extra shinies to make sure it happens anyway.

Furiko isn't that lenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And seriously, would you need some kind of write-up? I might have some time tonight.
Please! I'm kind of blocked, I've been doing a lot of work on my original fiction the past few days and it's hard to get back into the fanfic mindset.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Although if there's some specific way you want this to go down or not go down, ya might wanna tone trolling GM bit and maybe give some nudges. At least give us an idea of how much Rule of Funny/Cool is in effect here.
Well, there're going to be consequences, but Ino isn't really in a mood to care. There's nothing hugely important to her at risk.

FurikoMaru said:
Please! I'm kind of blocked, I've been doing a lot of work on my original fiction the past few days and it's hard to get back into the fanfic mindset.

Blargh. I'll toss it on to the pile of stuff to do before I sleep, see if something bubbles up for me.

Well, there're going to be consequences, but Ino isn't really in a mood to care. There's nothing hugely important to her at risk.

Somewhat ominous. Can we at least assume she's still intelligent enough to weigh the risks accurately despite being in, "Let's cause some chaotic fun," mode?

Or at least get an idea of what the consequences would be?

Honestly I figured Gaara has enough control over himself he wouldn't cause trouble, and is in fact likely to be a pretty good sport about getting the crap kicked out of him (he got to see naked women, it evens out for him), and while the women in the room might be annoyed-to-betrayed by us using the fairer sex like that, overall it just settles down into an infamous story to be passed around.

While we count our winnings.

Cause Temari blasted us up into the sky too, so Kankuro's bet is invalid. :p

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Somewhat ominous. Can we at least assume she's still intelligent enough to weigh the risks accurately despite being in, "Let's cause some chaotic fun," mode?

Or at least get an idea of what the consequences would be?
Ino: Fiiiiine, if I take this to the streets they almost certainly won't promote me. Who gives a shit? Besides you nerds, I guess. I'll have you recall I didn't even want to take the damn exams!

FurikoMaru said:
Ino: Fiiiiine, if I take this to the streets they almost certainly won't promote me. Who gives a shit? Besides you nerds, I guess. I'll have you recall I didn't even want to take the damn exams!
But if she doesn't get promoted, we can't get any of the good heists missions!

FurikoMaru said:

Baaaaaaah. Well it'd be an interesting way to get us thrown out, although honestly I would think we already did a pretty serious number on our chances but encouraging this, but I guess we should think of another way since we already put so much effort in. And apparently got cred in Gai's eyes after our incident with the bullet. Be a shame to blow it that lightly.

Unless we want to troll the higher ups by winning the exam after these shenanigans.

Well, so much for knocking Gaante into the stratosphere I guess.

FurikoMaru said:
As in "no longer participating in the exams" or "this will be taken into account when they're deciding who to promote"?

What if we were to convince someone else to take this to the streets? What would the repercussions be if we're "just" the person taking the bets?

FurikoMaru said:
No rank, and those with rank get dibs on the cool heists.

And remember those jutsu research files in the Tower, a lot of them only cleared for chuunin or higher? It would be nice not to have to rely on Asuma's permission each time you want to learn something higher than a C-rank technique.
Or intelligence classified for chuunin and above?
Lots of interesting cool stuff that's only available if you get a flak vest.

Besides, I'd rather not blow the cred we gained with Gai on some silly prank.
And getting in public drunken brawls will not help any relations with Team Nurse, not the same evening Sagiso is getting her legs worked on.

Perhaps we're thinking about this the wrong way. Instead of causing an end to the brawl by ourselves we instead go get Choiji's dad to end the brawl in henge or mask. Only problem would be finding him with that. I'm just trying to get ideas going.

Meh, just impersonating Chouza is an option and arguing that it's questionable whether he still won or Ino did but honestly, completely lame next to bathhouse brawl. Bathhouse brawl is just plain more stylish.

BUT we'd grouse forever if we lost the vest, I suspect.

Torgamous said:
As in "no longer participating in the exams" or "this will be taken into account when they're deciding who to promote"?
Well, it depends on the extent of the mayhem and who will be willing to pull strings for you. For instance, Gai's definitely in your corner on this one, should you go through with it; youthful high spirits and bonding with allies? He'll eat that shit up. Particularly since no one under a certain skill level was forced to engage Gaara.

Torgamous said:
What if we were to convince someone else to take this to the streets? What would the repercussions be if we're "just" the person taking the bets?
Career-wise? Zero.

FurikoMaru said:
Well, it depends on the extent of the mayhem and who will be willing to pull strings for you. For instance, Gai's definitely in your corner on this one, should you go through with it; youthful high spirits and bonding with allies? He'll eat that shit up. Particularly since no one under a certain skill level was forced to engage Gaara.

Gai's actually cool with us taking this into the streets?

....Huh.

I wonder if we could spin this so that Gaara lands in a hospital and Konoha gets to have a nice good look at the recovering jink. The injuries won't stick all the way to chunin exam, probably won't even deny him a day of unnecessary training, but getting that kind of fringe benefit could be interesting. Maybe even offset anything else we cause, if it means Konoha gets an excuse to examine Gaara while he enjoys the attention from the nurses and recovers from first-hand experience of the bathhouse technique, whatever it's called?

Kiba thought about getting Gaara's blood to test it for vulnerabilities. We brought back the entire body just to be safe. :p

Gaara, again, probably won't even care, he get an eyeful of feminine flesh and he gives no shits about his own injuries.

Still, surprised Gai would back us like that. Nice.

Depends on how we frame it.

If we're called on this and use the excuse that we have evidence that Gaara hits out of his weightclass [which we do] and wanted to get some information on exactly how far up there he really is before we have to face him in the ring?

Just given what we've seen with our 'information gathering' so far, we have IC confirmation that Gaara metabolizes toxins like most people do carbs, that he's ridiculously macho and aggressive, and that whole 'Tac Nuke/Jinchuriki' thing.

See? In a military society it's not so much about what you do, as how you frame it, that gets you respect. All we really have to do is talk to Asuma and Gai RE- Gaara's Ridiculous Power and how to circumvent it, bringing up what we've learned here, to have them switch tracks from "Such a chaotic child, surely not ready for responsibility" To "Holy crap, that's some impressive lateral thinking there".

I'm pretty meh on the bathhouse plan, but then I also honestly don't care if we don't get promoted, too.

Ninja presumably get missions according to their ability. Sarutobi isn't the kinda guy to ninja-block us just because of a few high spirits. I mean, by the zombie war arc Naruto is technically still a genin, and they were still letting him do his thing.

Just because we don't have a fancy vest doesn't mean they won't call if they need somebody trolled within an inch of his life.

Also, can you guys imagine what the other villages would say if they have to have Ino in the exam every time? 'God, just promote her already, we don't want to deal with her again!'

delwgun said:
A Lot
But for now...
[X]

[X] Lets go and have FUN, meaning pickpocket everyone in the brawl.
-->[X] Remember to leave 'Payment'. And by 'Payment' you mean a modified seal based loosely off of exploding tags and tazers applied directly to the seat of their pants...

Bonus points of we get Gaara to jokingly say 'Don't Taze me bro!' right before we trigger them.

-->[X] Remember to leave 'Payment'. And by 'Payment' you mean a modified seal based loosely off of exploding tags and tazers applied directly to the seat of their pants...

So what're the common points to everyone's various plans? I don't have a lot of time.

FurikoMaru said:
So what're the common points to everyone's various plans? I don't have a lot of time.
Here you go:

delwgun said:
A Lot
But for now...
[X]Lets go and have FUN, meaning pickpocket everyone in the brawl.
Vindictus said:
Bonus points of we get Gaara to jokingly say 'Don't Taze me bro!' right before we trigger them.
Guile said:
Anyway! Let's have some fun. Spitballing...

[X] "Well, guess I'm on the clock, then!" Slip into the fracas. It is 10 vs 2, so we'll start out on Sakkun's team.
[X] Use speed, stealth and general Lupin-ness to KO and replace one of the chuunin. Then, using genjutsu, have one of Konoha's Finest assume Sakkun's form. Then genjutsu Sakkun into someone else.
Have a mask under our henge, say, of Sakkun? I doubt we have a Gaara mask (yet). Then,
[X] If we are caught under the henge, it will be of a second Sakkun. Cite that the battle was Gaara/Sakkun vs the Elite, it was never specified how many Sakkun there were (the plural of Sakkun is also Sakkun). Sophistry is your friend. If we aren't, use the Sakkun mask as a prop later to cheap-shot Gaara and break up the band.
[X] Nothing too nasty when it comes time to the backstab. Maybe just something a man like Gaara would be uncomfortable receiving from another boy? Ami's jealousy would probably allow her to Righteous Rage up and 1HKO Gaara for us. Then we could tagteam up with Sakkun and deal with the ANBU.

Of course, keep things freeform enough to react to changing situations as required.
uju32 said:
PLAN
[X]Double False Surroundings + Bunshin
[X]Leave the room and reenter in Henge as Jiraiya or Chouza; maybe Sarutobi, if you think you can pull it off..
[X]Break things up, smooth over ruffled feathers.
Z-slash.

That leaves me with 1 2/3 Z-slashes.

Wait, my spur-of-the moment vote won... Because nobody else could decide on what to do?

o_0

FurikoMaru said:
856276374.jpg

Can has update, oh mistress of the written word?

:( Maybe later. I'm sorry, guys, real life stuff is kicking my ass right now.

Not always well, or patiently, or in a dignified manner.

But we can wait.

[X] Three plans are much more fun... workin' together as one! (Anyone else remember the Blue's Clues movie? :3)

The bunshin smirks with self-satisfaction as you leap into the fray, henge'd into a Monkey ANBU. You snatch Parrot's wallet, empty it (twenty, and you bet a hundred? C'mon, man, don't be that guy; nobody likes that guy. I know, I've been that guy.), and return it to his pocket. Then you run out the door, throwing out handsigns related to getting backup.

=

If a record had been playing, the needle would have scratched across it the moment you walked back in.

"Good evening," you say pleasantly to the bartender - one of Chouji's young aunts, you think. "Warm shochu, please."

"At once, Hokage-sama," she replies immediately, stressing the title ever-so-slightly.

Abruptly, Gaara drops two of the guys he's been wailing on.

"Well," he says brightly to Sasuke, "looks like we're having a little sleepover downtown."

"I'd like to request that we be tried separately," Sasuke mutters to one of the recently-dumped jounin.

A captain bows to you. "Sir-"

"Hello, Crocodile. I see your team and young Sasuke-kun have been showing our guests the best in Konoha hospitality. Thank you," you add to the bartender as she places your order before you. You take a sip, and smile serenely at the masked man. "Perhaps next you can show the young man the hotsprings. It is Thursday, is it not? I'm sure the matrons of the Allied Mothers' Force's discount night would be greatly interested in the outcome of this free spar."

No one says anything.

You spend a pleasant few minutes finishing your drink while the people around you try to clean up without attracting your attention. Finally, you smile, pay for the drink with Parrot's money, tell the bartender to keep the change, stand, and walk out.

Just as Chouza is walking in.

"Hokage-sama-!" he says, the bottom dropping out of his voluminous insides. "What a pleasant surprise," he follows up, not missing a beat. "I trust everything was to your liking?"

"Delightful as always, Chouza." You pray that the Hokage refers to all the clan heads by name. He calls your Dad Inoichi, but...

When you've gone a few blocks, you finally dispel the henge and turn back-

Jesus H. Jumped-Up Christ!

"Seriously?" you say, trying to get your heart rate back down, glaring at the fuckin' ghost that followed you. "What the hell is wrong with my sensing lately?"

"Oh?" Hatake Kakashi says mildly. "You're sure it was your sensing?"

"So what are you doing following me instead of your student, sensei?" you ask cheerfully, still buzzed from the successful caper. You remove the fake hat and mask, and shrug off the robe. "Don't tell me I'm gonna have to bail out Sakkun and Gaara."

"Not just yet. I believe Sasuke would benefit from the valuable life experiences a broadened social circle can provide," Kakashi says.

Your eyebrows rise.

This guy is wasted on Sasuke.

"Can I take that to mean I'm not ending up in there beside them?" you ask, giggling.

"That depends."

"On what?"

He pulls out a mission scroll. "On whether you accept."

You frown. "A C-rank?" Now? Of all times?

"B. Infiltration, in the capital, two weeks with the potential for a long term extension. If you complete it successfully you'll be promoted to chuunin automatically when you return."

Holy crap.

You know what this means. Assignments like this are never given to genin. If they're offering this kind of deal to you, they've got their eye on you for jouninhood in the near future. Maybe there's a position opening up with Jiraiya's spy network! Or they want you to be Konoha's Woman in Suna or Oto!

[X] Accept.

[X] Decline.

[X] Write-in (Like a thief!)

Nailed it like a fucking baws.

[X] "Accepted." This is far more your scene then gladitorial combat- And, if you pull this off right, you might still get to attend the exams too!

[X] "Accepted." This is far more your scene then gladitorial combat- And, if you pull this off right, you might still get to attend the exams too!

Also nice to see you back Furiko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back