• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Felius said:
What kind of Hard Mode though?

Oh, you'll see.

Felius said:
But still, tempted to go to this route also because stealing from our own people, our own village feels kinda wrong. Except from the lollypops, but that's just because they are annoying. :p Maybe we can commit anti-crimes in the village, that is, sneak in and leave gifts, tidy their homes etc. :p

In place of a ninja Jesus you would have a ninja Santa, not dumb, but brilliant and mercurial as the twilight.

Also, wow. You guys are all way more attached to Chouji than I am. I don't wish the guy ill or anything, but I cannot write him. He's easier than Itachi only because his personality is so much flatter.

O.O ... no, No, WAIT, I SAID FLATTER, I SAI- *is squashed by a Nikudan Sensha*

[X] Lupin Sansei Route: You're sad, but... if he wants to go his own way, you don't want to stop him. If he's decided he can't accept the kind of stuff you do, it wouldn't be fair to either of you to try to force an active relationship. You'll still always have his back, though. Ino-Shika-Cho.

Free time? Pick two.

[X] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them has sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew.

[X] People-watch. See if you can imitate them convincingly on the smallest of personality-cues.

And whose Ino-time do you wanna peek in on? Pick two.

[X] Sasuke

[X] Hinata

Well, I can't speak for others, but I was willing to try writing a Quest about the guy.

Obviously I like him.

Maybe we can shift our activities from outright theft to tagging, trolling and other clandestine activities. I mean, it's basically victimless crime, since any ninja with an earth technique could fix it in 5 seconds.

I wasn't trying to get rid of him or anything by writing what I did; I just get the impression from him that he's not a big risk-taker unless it's necessary, and that on top of that, he's a good kid. Good kids don't think it's cool to just up and rob people. I really think he'd be worried about everyone involved fucking over their lives for such a stupid hobby, and while he's not the kind of guy who'd rat them out, he also isn't the kind of guy to just go along with something he genuinely considers wrong.

I dunno, I just get this vibe like he's really really into the Will of Fire. Pious, almost. And one of the big things with the Will of Fire is that you protect the civilians of Konoha. You don't jack their stuff.

tl;dr: In some ways, Chouji's a lot more mature than Ino.

I quite agree.

If there was a ninja kid scale, Chouji and Ino are on the points farthest from.

Well, c'mon. Ino isn't Anthony Fremont material, or anything.

Then again, shounen's always been disappointingly willing to pussy out over things like amorality. It's possible that in canon there are no entirely sociopathic children.

Well, personally I voted the way I did not because I dislike Chouji, I'm indifferent towards him, but because I wanted Ino to continue the path she choose, to not rob people anymore would go against her very nature.

[X] Lupin sansei
[X] Expand your sensing range.
[X] People-watch. See if you can imitate them convincingly on the smallest of personality-cues.
[X] Ami
[X] Menka

I was mostly thinking about Ino-Shika-Cho. I figured being split up might eventually have some political connotations. That, and Chouji could be the Geomon, and Shika the Jigen, of the group.

Is it somehow not enough that people be themselves?

I mean, I'll be the first to admit, Shikamaru has some damn Jigen-ish traits. And I really do see a lot of Goemon in both Lee and Neji. But I'm not gonna shoehorn characters into predetermined moulds just to have the old band back together.

[X] Lupin Issei Route: You want your brother back, damn it. He's a worrywart and he has that pesky moral fibre thing going on, but you miss him. Ino-Shika-Cho, yo. You can fake being an upstanding citizen until you're old enough to deploy your talents in the field, right? Right?

[X] Dad says you can start practicing building memory palaces whenever you like.

[X] Menka

[X] Ami

25 here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Lupin Sansei Route: You're sad, but... if he wants to go his own way, you don't want to stop him. If he's decided he can't accept the kind of stuff you do, it wouldn't be fair to either of you to try to force an active relationship. You'll still always have his back, though. Ino-Shika-Cho.

[X] Menka

[X] Kiba

[X] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them has sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew.

Builging memory places that at least in part imitate reality will be easier with a greater understanding of reality. Let's work that disguise angle.

The way I see it, after that speech Chibi wrote up a couple posts ago, it'd be really weird for Ino to choose stealing over Chouji.

[X] Lupin Issei Route: You want your brother back, damn it. He's a worrywart and he has that pesky moral fibre thing going on, but you miss him. Ino-Shika-Cho, yo. You can fake being an upstanding citizen until you're old enough to deploy your talents in the field, right? Right?

[X] Menka

[X] Ami

That speech was done because she thought that Sasuke's father didn't approve of her and stealing and she didn't want to get Sasuke in trouble. Now she knows differently.

Eh....honestly, going Issei route sounds like a good way to be miserable.

Also, we want to resist stealing. We love stealing. We love being a hellion. I honestly do not think we can resist the urge that well. I think we'll slip, get caught, fracture more and then just feel like shit.

So let it go gracefully. We are who we are, Chouji is who he is, and we can respect that.

"... But I shouldn't let my training cause problems for my friends. When it comes down to it, actually taking things is nice, but the rest of it is the fun part. It can wait until I have the opportunity to take things from the village enemies."

It looked weird to me when it was being voted for, but that doesn't change that when we thought our friendship with Sasuke was threatened by our stealing, the Issei route was voted in. That's what makes voting against it with Chouji weird. It means Chouji is less important to us than Sasuke. Of course it's going to be miserable, but we've already expressed our willingness to do it.

[X] Menka

[X] Kiba

Torgamous said:
"... But I shouldn't let my training cause problems for my friends. When it comes down to it, actually taking things is nice, but the rest of it is the fun part. It can wait until I have the opportunity to take things from the village enemies."

It looked weird to me when it was being voted for, but that doesn't change that when we thought our friendship with Sasuke was threatened by our stealing, the Issei route was voted in. That's what makes voting against it with Chouji weird. It means Chouji is less important to us than Sasuke. Of course it's going to be miserable, but we've already expressed our willingness to do it.

No it means we were willing to stop stealing for two of our friends.

Ah. Chouji is less important to us than Chouji and Sasuke. Yeah, that makes sense.

[X] Menka

[X] Ami

Torgamous said:
Ah. Chouji is less important to us than Chouji and Sasuke. Yeah, that makes sense.

Eh, I thought us giving up thieving was kinda bullshit anyways.

Sometimes things just don't work out, and it's better to cede gracefully. I don't think Chouji would be very happy with us even if we stole from enemies, because it's too easy to emphasize with said enemies. What if they had families? Do we really need to steal that for kicks? Only do it when necessary!

No thanks. I do not want us hindered by that kind of moral code in a quest where we are a legendary thief. That's like trying to be a pacifist in Street Fighter.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No thanks. I do not want us hindered by that kind of moral code in a quest where we are a legendary thief. That's like trying to be a pacifist in Street Fighter.

Or a Mercer, who doesn't eat people~

*Ba-dum tish*

Yeah, you're still six.

And the fight in the fade was pretty good I thought. First one, at least.

Vindictus said:
Yeah, you're still six.

And the fight in the fade was pretty good I thought. First one, at least.

Did I give offense? I apologize, I only meant to tease, I know you have your reasons. Given the setting we deposited him in, you had to strip him of his abilities. Sadly.

And yes, it was a good start.

Not offense, really, just pointing out why you haven't gotten to the gorefest yet.

Vindictus said:
Not offense, really, just pointing out why you haven't gotten to the gorefest yet.

Really? I assumed it just wasn't gonna happen, since us getting Alucard's full powers is I Win and we need the full powers for allowing people to beat on us.

Although I suppose there's plenty of penetration lines to toss around as we butcher.

You won't get your full powers back easily.

But there are ways to get very powerful, and ways to mimic your powers- As well as ways to get back a portion of your former power, later on.

[X] Lupin Sansei

[X] Ami
[X] .... This Sakura girl. Her hair is pink? Neat.
-[X] Playing Hostage Situation. It's a ninja game very much like a sleepover and makeover, except that Sakura doesn't get a choice about it when you kidnap her from the walk home. You've never had the chance to write a ransom letter, this'll be fun! You can demand... two, no, three dozen cookies.

[X] Sewing.
[X] People watchin'.

Chibi-Reaper said:
[X] Lupin Sansei

[X] Ami
[X] .... This Sakura girl. Her hair is pink? Neat.
-[X] Playing Hostage Situation. It's a ninja game very much like a sleepover and makeover, except that Sakura doesn't get a choice about it when you kidnap her from the walk home. You've never had the chance to write a ransom letter, this'll be fun! You can demand... two, no, three dozen cookies.

[X] Sewing.
[X] People watchin'.

....Gotta admit, this sounds fun. Although it's something more serious we might in trouble for. Well outside of petty thief, especially if Furiko is going by "Sakura's father was a Hokage candidate."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back