• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Few questions to ask. How appropriate is it to send someone out to check on Akumaru? Should we send someone to try and track him down and make sure all is okay, or should we be waiting until he comes back or an unseemly amount of time passes? Obviously making contact is risk, hence me checking appropriateness for the nin-dog.

I kinda feel bad for the twins. If we actually ruin Shinyuu, they're gonna be going down with him and if this relationship falls apart every perv is gonna be looking to get a similar arrangement going with them, since they went with it once before. Stopping Sorato is still our job, but hopefully we'll work out a way to make sure that if Sorato tries something, he's the only one who gets really burned for it.

And I'm pretty tempted to write in Ino figuring out Kiba cocked up to try and salvage that debacle, but that seems presumptuous on whether it even works. But Lupino managed to hit a detente with Nabiki over close to this exact issue and I can see it striking a nerve. I am really not happy to not know the tricks of the trade.

How odd would it be for Kiba to take over watch and Ino goes out to do intel gathering? Kiba handling the nurse is not so appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Few questions to ask. How appropriate is it to send someone out to check on Akumaru?
Sending someone after him is more likely to get him caught. And I mean properly caught, not, ;D "Puppy! Where are you goin', mister? Let's get you back to your family."

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And I'm pretty tempted to write in Ino figuring out Kiba cocked up to try and salvage that debacle, but that seems presumptuous on whether it even works. But Lupino managed to hit a detente with Nabiki over close to this exact issue and I can see it striking a nerve. I am really not happy to not know the tricks of the trade.

How odd would it be for Kiba to take over watch and Ino goes out to do intel gathering? Kiba handling the nurse is not so appealing.
Not terribly. Kiba will likely suggest the same thing himself, under the circumstances.

FurikoMaru said:
Sending someone after him is more likely to get him caught. And I mean properly caught, not, ;D "Puppy! Where are you goin', mister? Let's get you back to your family."

Right then, nix that.

Not terribly. Kiba will likely suggest the same thing himself, under the circumstances.

Hmm. Would it be inappropriate for Ino to realize something went wrong and extract the full story from him? Because if all Kiba had on his to-do list was the nurse, then Ino could take the opportunity to smooth things over and convince Jou that telling us more is in everyone's best interests. We're not here to make waves, we're here to do our jobs. If all goes well, tomorrow should be just business as usual. If it doesn't go well, we're taking steps to make sure things don't go catastrophically wrong.

If at all possible, clean up after Kiba's derp.

I'm tempted to have Ino handle Sei because Ami seems too prudish to really fit in, but hopefully Ami's got the Yakuza background to engineer something. Also, Ino may be distracted by the pretty/sexy.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hmm. Would it be inappropriate for Ino to realize something went wrong and extract the full story from him?
He could probably be easily guilted into spilling, since, as you've just seen, he's a terrible liar.

FurikoMaru said:
He could probably be easily guilted into spilling, since, as you've just seen, he's a terrible liar.

Then Dog Boy is spilling his guts.

Shame we don't have a Byakugan, it'd make recon so much easier. Also kind of cheap, but hell, we're not in the business of fighting fair.

Alright, think I'm about done. Unless Menka is willing to take human form and do some interviewing for us around town, it sounds like he's gonna be hanging off of Ino's shoulder again. Although honestly, someone not Ino being seen making inquiries like this may be for the best.

EDIT: And yeah, threw in some snark even though there probably aren't any chairs around and Asuma probably wouldn't be sitting in them if he were doing the judging. I just felt like it was a fun snarky thing to add that nobody would take offense so and have them dig at each other a bit before getting down to business.

[X] "We had a plan about five minutes after you left. Still gathering intel and doing some prep though. Pull up a chair teach, get into the All Knowing Sensei pose and judge us humble genin."
-[X] Relate to Asuma what we've done so far.

[X] "Alright Kiba, Ami, any other details or things to share? Useful tidbits, something that might bite us in the ass?"
-[X] "....What did you do Kiba? I swear if we end up blind because of something I will-"
-[X] "..."
-[X] ARGH!

[X] New plan: Kiba's on guard duty. Ino is gonna handle the nurse and if at all possible see if Jou can be salvaged. Or at least patch up that hole.
-[X] If necessary, we can break in Sorato's stuff and go rummaging, but avoid this if at all possible. Failure here is one of the worst kinds of failure there is and validates everything the martial artists think of shinobi. Not to mention it's the kind of action our employer almost certainly would not approve of, and as a general rule pissing off the client in the name of making the client satisfied with the job a ninja is hired for is a Bad Plan. So let's hope it doesn't come to that or that things get serious enough to warrant it.

[X] Ami sticks to her part of the plan. Get the costume jewelry, fake valuables, interview Sei. If Ami's still up to it? Be open to the possibility of switching interview targets.

[X] Meet up again, swap tales, decide what to do next.

Seems reasonable enough.

... Don't really feel like I'm contributing anything to this discussion, so I'm just going to fade back into the shadows nao.

No, no, come back~! Don't leave me alone with Hymn again, I'm reaching the point where I'd put party hats on my suitcases and serve them tea to get their contributions to the discussion!

S-so cold....

Well, to kick up discussion, what do people think about switching up interview targets or jobs? To give an example, send Ami to handle Sei and the nurse while Ino goes bargain hunting for the fake valuables and handles Jou.

Eh... Hymnplan already covers most issues I can think of fairly well.

I'd like to maybe include a bit about looking for a way to buy out Sei's contract, but that might... Ah... Be misinterpreted. Especially given our buddy totes noticed that we prefer 'em soft and curvy. Well, for the most part.

I considered pre-empting the buying out, but there is no possible way that wouldn't spread and I highly doubt it'd be taken well. At best, it tips our hand because then people have to ask why we're doing this. Nor do I see that much benefit for us in doing so that's not essentially snatching up a girl just like Sorato.

Also, I imagine it costs quite a lot. I doubt we have that much dough on us and it's ultimately not mission related. And on a moral note, I'd argue buying out her contract is not the right thing to do. I mean really, sleeveball he seems to be, they're still apparently in a happy relationship andwe don't really have the right to start shoving our way in and dictating her life when we've never even met or spoken to the girl. Buying out the contract is waaaaaaaaaay premature.

At this point in time I don't see how it helps our mission along, and at the moment that is our priority. So table the idea. At very LEAST until we've spoken to the girl and figured out the lay of the land. Even then that's committing rather far and throwing a lot of cash out there.

Finally, Lupino's bi, but IIRC it's bi with favoring men. So not that completely disposed towards women.

[X] Upon learning Kiba has failed them, Ino demands that he make restitution. Two pretty girls are shackled to an overbearing clod. THIS SHALL NOT STAND. Kiba, you shall be my hand in this, since I currently lack the requisite gender.
-[X] Ino makes Kiba try and seduce Mei and her sister. In a Jigen-esque outfit.

*facepalm*

Really Guile? You want to try this now, in front of Asuma, when we have a job to do?

No. Just...no. There's a time for amusing shenanigans like that, and it's not now. Maybe when we're not on the clock.

Guile said:
[X] Upon learning Kiba has failed them, Ino demands that he make restitution. Two pretty girls are shackled to an overbearing clod. THIS SHALL NOT STAND. Kiba, you shall be my hand in this, since I currently lack the requisite gender.

Lol

Hymn of Ragnarok said:

*facepalm*

Really Guile? You want to try this now, in front of Asuma, when we have a job to do?

No. Just...no. There's a time for amusing shenanigans like that, and it's not now. Maybe when we're not on the clock.
Well, we are twelve years old.

Gotta get our kicks when we can! I do admit the timing could be better, though.

Guile said:
Well, we are twelve years old.

Gotta get our kicks when we can! I do admit the timing could be better, though.

I'm all for getting our lulz. If the job were done I'd consider kicking this in motion as double street theater and Kiba punishment framed as teaching him how to have game.

In the middle of a job when we're not even done our prep and one person is always guarding the loot? Nope nope nope. Protecting the loot properly comes first. Intelligence 5, we really oughta know better.

People aren't voting as is. I really don't want to see a repeat of the Beryl/sandwich. No offense.

I am on hym side here and that even with a
[X]Vote for hyms new plan

And In regards to the discussion it makes sense but I have to say I was missing some inner monologues about the relationship inside the team , ie Ino and Ami from the the lone male, the SHIPPING demands that.

Scia said:
And In regards to the discussion it makes sense but I have to say I was missing some inner monologues about the relationship inside the team , ie Ino and Ami from the the lone male, the SHIPPING demands that.
I suppose it's possible Kiba looks for a dominating, powerful (only occasionally crazy) woman, given the women he grew up with.

Scia said:

Bah! Screw shipping, I want me some fresh, bloody plot to sink my teeth into!

Guile said:
Too bad we haven't mastered Shintenshin no Jutsu, huh? Still, we DO have the voice-throwing technique. We can just tell him what to do from a distance.

Scia said:
Dude, they've only been working together a few months and thirteen-year-old boys aren't noted for their devotion to romance. Ease up.
Guile said:
I suppose it's possible Kiba looks for a dominating, powerful (only occasionally crazy) woman, given the women he grew up with.

He'd deny it, but there's a hint of that, I think. It just might not express itself in an obvious way. I somehow have this idea that Kiba likes girls who have something else going on, beyond what you see when you first meet 'em.

Guess what? I just finished copying all of the updates to a Word document, and you're at 150. Some are omakes, and those "Teach us, Jigen-sensei!" things, though.

Wow, only 150? Feels like longer. :(

How long do quests usually run for?

FurikoMaru said:
Wow, only 150? Feels like longer. :(

How long do quests usually run for?
Don't have any completed ones, but Xander Quest is at 329 (holy shit). Azula Quest is at 157, though I'm not sure if Chibi dropped it. Silver's Azula quest is at 33, Taking a Bat to the Fourth Wall is at 51, and The Strongest Lifeform is at 20.

Also, if anyone wants a copy of one of those, just tell me and I'll give you a link.

Either this guy actually does have some weird special seduction technique or his attempts to seduce Ino failed simply because they were marketed towards the average girl in her approximate age bracket as opposed to a ninja with past life memories and the demographics of this quest's readers.

Anyway, let's focus on robberies getting stopped and information gathering before butting in to people's lives and doing things they probably wouldn't thank us for anyway.

[X] Plan Hymn

My Orochimaru quest only made it to 50, with another half dozen info dump posts, and that felt like a long one to me.

Guile said:
My Orochimaru quest only made it to 50, with another half dozen info dump posts, and that felt like a long one to me.
Man, I still miss that one. Did Anko finally triumph and bring the narrative back to Orocchin, or was she stuck down there for eternity?

That's all we've got really, Furiko. Though thinking on it more, maybe Ami should meet up with Jou? Thanks to Kiba, Ino is now firmly in his head as trying to pump him for information; Ami's no-nonsense attitude might do the trick.

And yes, that quest died riiiight before it would have switched back to Orochimaru.

I keep swearing I'm gonna get back to it someday, but it's already been like 6 months >.>

Mmm....I'm not sure no-nonsense would do the trick. It's not subtle and the guy's already on guard and locked up. Ami probably isn't going to cajole information out of him and unless she's essentially offering a trade of information for that mutual trust, I can't see it working. She's a new face, true, but is she going to make the first step to offer trust to a standoff-ish target?

Jou may know what Ino was up to now but if Ino comes forward and essentially apologizes for her actions, Kiba's, and offers an explanation I think it could work. Especially if we convince him we're not out to make trouble, just protect the goods we were hired to protect. And we're gonna do a trade of info to build trust, Ino's probably better at it.

Although speaking of info to trade, it might be acceptable to tell Jou that we're following up on a tip from an instructor. How much we have to tell.....well, we'll see I guess. But letting him know we're doing this because of something Suhaku told us is probably one of the fastest ways to make him willing to talk to us.

But, repercussions. Still, I suppose it's an idea to toss around in discussion for the question of swapping interview targets and jewel job.

And alas, Orochimaru Quest I knew thee well. Perhaps someday it shalt return.

Honestly, at this point I suspect any choice and update would be accepted regardless of what was in favor. I think that holds true for a lot of Quests. After enough time has passed, the readers will take anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back