• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] You turned me loose, then you turned me wrong

Kankuro looks surprised. "Oh. No, he's not like a literal A-bomb; he just has enough chakra to level a hidden village and move on to conquering a country from there."

You let out a sigh of relief. "Good, that's one less thing to worry about at least."

"... Konoha must be weirder than I thought," he says, shaking his head.

"Well, whaddya want? I've met your brother, he seems like a nice guy. Is this where you tell me Suna's backing out of the alliance and you guys are invading?"

"Are you joking?" Kankuro snorts. "Konoha's thrice our size and we're on the verge of bankruptcy."

"For reasons which are partially our fault," you prod.

"For reasons which are entirely the Wind daimyo's fault," Jigen interjects, rolling his eyes. "Don't worry, kid, we're not going to pour pig's blood on you just as you get crowned prom queen."

"Well, glad to hear it," you say, nodding appreciatively. "We should probably head back out before your sister grabs a shotgun and starts prodding me to the altar to salvage your honour."

His eye twitches.

"But Ino~!" Lupin whines. "They just got here! Five more minutes!"

=

You awake to the sound of a fight not happening.

Sitting up, you spy two ANBU across the room, looming over a now-standing Sasuke, while Gaara smirks up at him.

"Oh, balls," you mumble.

"Oh, good, you're awake," Temari says, looking at you over her shoulder. She and Chouji have apparently been standing guard over you and Kankuro; the Parrot-masked ANBU in front of them is greatly amused about something. "Would you please do something about your friend?"

[X] "Yeesh, you first; I'm not walkin' into that."

[X] Shout across the room: "Oi, Sakkun, they're having a midnight showing of the Washi the Listener trilogy down at the movie theatre. If we hurry we can still make it."

[X] Reach out with your sensing, and then shout across the room: "Twenty ryo on the ANBU! Do I have any takers for either of the two scrawny genin against the eight jounin and two chuunin, most of whom are currently invisible?"

[X] Shout across the room: "Oi, Sakkun, they're having a midnight showing of the Washi the Listener trilogy down at the movie theatre. If we hurry we can still make it."

The first one is for the weak. The last sounds like a challenge, which might lead them both to immediately accept it.

[X] Reach out with your sensing, and then shout across the room: "Twenty ryo on the ANBU! Do I have any takers for either of the two scrawny genin against the eight jounin and two chuunin, most of whom are currently invisible?"

lets not tease sasuke too much over this.

he probably saw us and the puppetmaster collapse and got worried. tried to do something...unwise, and Gaara stepped in. then the ambu stepped up to stop the impending fight.

or something. I dunno.

So what's happening, exactly? We have 2 ANBU, Sasuke and Gaara.

Sitting up, you spy two ANBU across the room, looming over a now-standing Sasuke, while Gaara smirks up at him.

We have Temari and Chouji standing over Ino and Kankuro.

"Oh, good, you're awake," Temari says, looking at you over her shoulder. She and Chouji have apparently been standing guard over you and Kankuro; the Parrot-masked ANBU in front of them is greatly amused about something. "Would you please do something about your friend?"

There's also:

Is Sakkun flipping out because we mind-melded with Kankuro? Likely with Gaara fanning the flames with some stupid comment?

At this point I'm leaning towards something like,
[X] Look at Shika-chan. "Come on man, we couldn't have been out for longer than 5 minutes! That's it, I'm teaching you to mimic my voice for next time." Pause. "... Nnnot that I'm going to do this again, or anything."

Why does it have to be all about us?

I seem to remember Gaara complimenting/flattering Ami and that actually getting under Sasuke's skin. While flirty comments directed at us is possible, same goes for Ami.

Right now I'm more interested in where Shikamaru is. He was supposed to make excuses for us and it being Shika, he probably pulled it off, so why people guarding us? Just to satisfy ninja paranoia?

This is nothing serious, I think, otherwise the ANBU would be greatly worried instead of greatly amused.

Last edited by a moderator:

FurikoMaru said:
[X] You turned me loose, then you turned me wrong
You Dropped A Bomb - The Gap Band.
One of my fave parts of this Quest is the music.

FurikoMaru said:
Kankuro looks surprised. "Oh. No, he's not like a literal A-bomb; he just has enough chakra to level a hidden village and move on to conquering a country from there."
Ino should have enough information to connect the dots by now.
Even if she doesn't socialize with Naruto.

FurikoMaru said:
"Well, whaddya want? I've met your brother, he seems like a nice guy. Is this where you tell me Suna's backing out of the alliance and you guys are invading?"
Reference GET:Tommy to Richard Hayden, Tommy Boy[1995]

Now at 2 2/3 Z-slash.
FurikoMaru said:
"Well, glad to hear it," you say, nodding appreciatively. "We should probably head back out before your sister grabs a shotgun and starts prodding me to the altar to salvage your honour."
Lol.

FurikoMaru said:
You awake to the sound of a fight not happening.
"Oh, balls," you mumble.
Ami.
Definitely Ami.
I remember she seemed to be blushing at Gaara's compliments, which Sasuke didn't seem to be taking too well.
Given that Sasuke doesn't hold his liquor too well, and throw the hormones and ego of a teen into the mix.....
Explains why the ANBU is amused, and Gaara as well.

Now, do we let him get into a fight against frankly superior forces and either get his ass beat and rep ruined, or more likely restrained by ANBU to his humiliation?
Or do we do Temari a solid and break it up?

Actually I half want to encourage this.

As in, wolf whistle and go, "Take it off boys, rip it off each other! Rawr!"

Guile said:
So what's happening, exactly?
Gaara was complimenting Ami.
Ami's face is sunburned, and it looks like she was blushing.
Sasuke has a history of not holding his liquor, and may well have been trying to match Gaara in drinking capacity, unaware of his metabolism.
Get him drunk, and he will do rash things.
And both ANBU and Gaara are amused at it.
iamnuff said:
lets not tease sasuke too much over this.
he probably saw us and the puppetmaster collapse and got worried. tried to do something...unwise, and Gaara stepped in. then the ambu stepped up to stop the impending fight.
or something. I dunno.
Gaara is sitting down.
Sasuke is the one standing over him.
And we were sitting with Shika, so he had no reason to assume we were in trouble.
This is not about us at all.

[x] Whistle loudly and then shout out "Woohoo, dog fight. Take it off boys. Someone get a mud pit."

We could vote thusly?
[X] Boys, boys! It's okay, I find you all very pretty. You don't need to fight over me.

Ino seems exactly the kind of person to assume this is all about her.

[X] "Boys, boys! It's okay, I find you all very pretty. You don't need to fight over me."
-[X] "But if you HAVE TO..." Whistle loudly and then shout out "Woohoo, dog fight! Take it off boys! Someone get a bottle of oil, a mud pit or both!"

Does someone else remember my Z-Slash count? I'm pretty sure it's 1 and 1/3 or 1 and 2/3. Thought it was 2/3 and this one brought me over to 2 Z-Slashes but I'm not sure and a few searches over the last 10+ pages didn't bring up a count for me. Went as far back as around the KNEEL BEFORE ZOD with the devil chakra.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Does someone else remember my Z-Slash count? I'm pretty sure it's 1 and 1/3 or 1 and 2/3. Thought it was 2/3 and this one brought me over to 2 Z-Slashes but I'm not sure and a few searches over the last 10+ pages didn't bring up a count for me. Went as far back as around the KNEEL BEFORE ZOD with the devil chakra.

You were at 3 even on on page 79, but then you used at least one during the Ami fight.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I used two in the Ami fight, I'm positive, I started to climb out of that hole though. But thank you for looking that far!

Yeah page 79 is the last page you mentioned how many z-slashes you have at least with the phrase "z-slash". So perhaps you have 1 and 1/3 now.

Unclouded said:
Yeah page 79 is the last page you mentioned how many z-slashes you have at least with the phrase "z-slash". So perhaps you have 1 and 1/3 now.

Geez, could have sworn....

Well, thanks for that, I appreciate it. Although I was pretty sure I had 1/3 even at the end....well, maybe I'll give it another look through later.

Again, thanks.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Geez, could have sworn....

Well, thanks for that, I appreciate it. Although I was pretty sure I had 1/3 even at the end....well, maybe I'll give it another look through later.

Again, thanks.
AHA. Found out the last time you said something you had 1 and 2/3 but didn't say z-slash. So you're at 2 now I think.

luckybreak91 said:
What on earth is a z-slash?
I'm not entirely certain the limits of it, but from what I've gathered you get 1/3 of one every time you catch and claim a reference in a new post. When you get a full one and use it things go your way easier if it's used on a vote. Check the posts around the Ami fight for examples as quite a few were used then.

They cannot cut plot, but other than that they give you a major boost of luck. Z-slash is Hymn's nickname for them; in full they are 'Zantetsuken slashes'.

Unclouded said:
AHA. Found out the last time you said something you had 1 and 2/3 but didn't say z-slash. So you're at 2 now I think.

;D You're alright in my book.

Seriously, thanks, you actually dug through all the posts and found that for me. I owe you one. Lemme know if you need a favor done. Or if you decide you want to call down a Z-Slash, I'll spend one on your behalf. I mean it, there's no reason to be stingy when you went out of your way to help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back