• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] Two reasons. First, to help drive home the fact of just how outclassed we are by jonin who deserve their rank and two, So i could Riff through your pockets to get information on what your planing by checking your loadout.

[X] To be fair, speed is another strength of mine, and you seemed surprised.

[X] Two reasons. First, to help drive home the fact of just how outclassed we are by jonin who deserve their rank and two, So i could Riff through your pockets to get information on what your planing by checking your loadout.

[X] "Hey, you looked surprised- And I'm not the sort of lazy bum who'd leave a beautiful opening like that unprobed!"

Turn it into a double entendre, see if that catches him off guard.

Also, I note he never said the fight was over.

[X]"Because you are Sharingan Kakashi.
You,Kurenai-san and Asuma not sharing notes is about as likely as tott-san becoming a monk.
Surprise and misdirection, however brief, were the most likely to work with someone aware of your repertoire.

And it allowed me to plant an explosive tag on your arm."

uju32 said:
[X]"Because you are Sharingan Kakashi.
You,Kurenai-san and Asuma not sharing notes is about as likely as tott-san becoming a monk.
Surprise and misdirection, however brief, were the most likely to work with someone aware of your repertoire.

And it allowed me to plant an explosive tag on your arm."
You aren't paying much attention to that, however. What really gets you is that he kept you from riffling through his pockets. He didn't stop you in the act, he intercepted you before you even got there. Asuma can do that, sure - now. Kakashi met you yesterday.
Let's not kid ourselves, Ok?

Selias said:
Let's not kid ourselves, Ok?
It's a bluff.
He got his hand in place to stop our hand going through his pockets; that was close enough for her to leave something on him.
Reasonable doubt.
Just getting him to double take is a victory.

Ino's core skillset, beyond the genjutsu, stealth and infiltration, is mindgames; it's the only place she might be able to match Kakashi.
So engage on that ground.

[X] "Well, you said it yourself, I knew that you knew what my strengths were so the only way I'd get a chance to do anything against you was to do something outside them. Because you are a Jounin, and I am not."

Last edited by a moderator:

Fallenblades643 said:
I just realized something.

Naruto is likely literally Jesus of Nazareth.
XD Not that that wouldn't be hilarious, but how do you figure that the Son of Man would ever be dead-last in anything? I may not be a Christian, but I like to think I'm a good writer; I keep my subjects as in-character as I can manage.

FurikoMaru said:
XD Not that that wouldn't be hilarious, but how do you figure that the Son of Man would ever be dead-last in anything? I may not be a Christian, but I like to think I'm a good writer; I keep my subjects as in-character as I can manage.
To be fair, it was a school that taught you to kill people.

Selias said:

images

He has a point.

Wasn't Jesus also a carpenter, that is, skilled in a make-things-earn-money craft?

Selias said:
For that matter, why would he even sign up? He was a philosopher and a religious scholar, not a wannabe-assassin.

... god, can you imagine? Danzo would go into conniptions if the jinchuuriki refused to become a ninja.

It would be almost as awkward as RL Jesus's "You can't make me be the messiah! You aren't the god of me!" phase, which lasted until his late twenties.

The Nobody said:
Wasn't Jesus also a carpenter, that is, skilled in a make-things-earn-money craft?

I am pretty sure he lived off donations, otherwise he wouldn't have had the time for his speeches and all that stuff. Or maybe he used his divine powers to make awesome desks to save time...

Heaven Canceler said:
I am pretty sure he lived off donations, otherwise he wouldn't have had the time for his speeches and all that stuff. Or maybe he used his divine powers to make awesome desks to save time...
He only started teaching in his 30s.

Yep, definitely not the local Naruto. Buddha was more into "peace and harmony with everything", and Muhammad wasn't shy about killing enemies...

Wa-aitaminute... Blonde, supposed to be a messiah, cheerfull and kinda ditz... I suspect local Naruto is Usagi.

The Nobody said:
Wa-aitaminute... Blonde, supposed to be a messiah, cheerfull and kinda ditz... I suspect local Naruto is Usagi.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Usagi presents the exact same problems as Yeshua, intensified by the fact that she's a sweet-natured middle-class girly-girl raised in a First World country in the '90s instead of a brilliant-but-prickly ubernerd rabbi trying his best to live in perfect accordance with his ideals in a Roman province full of ambitious and politically-slippery rivals.

That is to say, she takes peace and kindness for granted; she's often genuinely surprised when people suck, because she honestly expects better of them. Jesus strikes me as more the kind of guy who wishes he could expect better of people, and who firmly believes in treating them like they can be better, but who isn't holding his breath over here.

It's interesting how they offer two distinct flavours of forgiveness, despite filling such similar roles in their stories.

There is a feeling of excitement in the Philosophy parts of my brain, and I can't find a description that would be less lewd than "a boner".

But then, I don't think you'll be okay with it if I tried to discuss it in this thread. Would you be okay with it if I tried to discuss it in a PM?

FurikoMaru said:
Quote from: The Nobody on Today at 03:56:24 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
Well, yeah.

The Nobody said:
There is a feeling of excitement in the Philosophy parts of my brain, and I can't find a description that would be less lewd than "a boner".

But then, I don't think you'll be okay with it if I tried to discuss it in this thread. Would you be okay with it if I tried to discuss it in a PM?
Sure. Feuer frei.

The Nobody said:

Well, yeah.

remember, if the brain-boner persists for more than four hours, please call your doctor.

I had a thought excercise, then made a theoretical experiment.

... I feel dirty.

Looks like two votes for 'To be fair, speed is one of my assets', three for 'showing how outclassed we are by jounin and also I was sure I could rifle your pockets', three for 'surprise and misdirection', and one off the wall vote from me, as per usual.

Plus I think we should throw in something about us having so many specialities it's hard to use them all! Or possibly admitting we have a bad habit of holding back like an idiot. He saw the Tenten fight, after all.

I change my vote to the "riffle the pockets" option. This should make it a 1-3-4-1.

Heyo, first post here, but I came from a link on spacebattles and have been going thru the archives of this glorious semi-cracky thing for the past three days. I really should be doing something productive, but in all honesty this looks far too much fun to pass up.

If you guys will allow a random newbie to jump in so late in the game, I'd like to contribute to the fun-sanity. It's been a while since I watched or read any Naruto, and I admit I haven't seen any Lupin, but I have no doubt I'll be watching this thread anyway.

[X] I'd vote for "Show Out-classed, but thought could riffle the pockets" option, though I agree with Guile's idea of adding in that 'we have a bad habit of holding back.'

I'm not sure Kakashi will LIKE that answer, given that he's already done this kinda thing to his team on their first day, and I get the impression that he doesn't like his students giving the 'dumb-if-honest' solution...

But I think that "Misdirection" wouldn't be a good answer since we only tried to rifle his pockets... I think most ninja would kinda expect a simple gambit like that, and if we had a better plan, we wouldn't be telling him.

Anyway, feel free to ignore this if I've jumped in without permission, and I apologize if I got ahead of myself.

That would make things 1-3-5-1 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back