• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dark Heavens | Space Ship Girls Quest [Original Setting]

[X] Explore on your own! You're a big girl and can handle things on your own.

So as a Ship Girl ages their own ship steadily upgrades itself until eventually they grow to become a dyson sphere?

[X] Stay with Big Sister ChiChi and hide behind her, you're not used to so many PEOPLE. Also some of their pets are scary.

Cuteness too strong, cannot resist.

[X] Explore with your other big sisters... also buy delicious snacks and trinkets.

Adorable ships do adorable things!

As much as I like the cuteness of the stay with big sister ChiChi option I want to take a chance to look around and see if we can find anything useful to but with our money. Not likely to get any kind of actual upgrades, but even just things for Ciara to use as a decoration inside her ship body would be nice. For that matter just seeing things should give her ideas on what she can use her repair drones to make inside her ship.

Speaking of which glad to see that our repair systems are back up. Was that because we had a long journey here or is Bii just being nice about it after it? Either way it shows that upgrading ChiChi's repair systems was a good move, now she has an extremely fast self repair too.

I'd also like to know if ChiChi is going to get the carrier systems we took installed, or if she plans to trade it for something else? If she trades it we might find some good deals, I would expect a special system like that to be worth more than say generic armor plating, or a better engine. Still kind of thinking it would be better for Chichi to have the parasite crafts though- even if she has to choose between repairing or rebuilding those every turn with her new repair speed she should be able to fix herself up quickly then make more parasite crafts.

That's why you have pocket money, Big Sister ChiChi makes sure that her little sisters have a reasonable allowance.

Also, I finished the upgrades as it was a long journey, and Bii is being nice.

ChiChi needs 10 turns of uninterrupted work to get carrier systems installed. Also needs to acquire dry dock time.

[X] Explore with your other big sisters... also buy delicious snacks and trinkets.

Maybe we'll get a pet of our very own!

Current Vote Tally
[!] 8 Explore on your own! You're a big girl and can handle things on your own.: (wayne82444, Bloodshifter, BFldyq, mannan, redaeth, Thinky Think, shaderic, SerbobIV)
[!] 6 Explore with your other big sisters... also buy delicious snacks and trinkets.: (Happerry, hunter09, Xicree, Jiven, pepperjack, Minion #Q)
-[!] 1 Stick with So, Aoi and Aki where you can. Spotters make life easy for cruisers!: (pepperjack)
[!] 2 Stay with Big Sister ChiChi and hide behind her, you're not used to so many PEOPLE. Also some of their pets are scary.: (OverReactionGuy, inverted_helix)
[!] 1 Explore with Aoi and Aki.: (Fallenblades643)

And delurk to make a tie vote.

This is going to be an interesting experience whichever way this goes.

Thanks. I am kinda wondering as what the deal with biologicals in this setting though (those that have not become crew for shipgirls that is).

A VAST and TERRIBLE Sekrit is being revealed... Ciara and every one of her sisters/kin are not truly biological, despite having a "fleshy" body.

Also, the title tag is kind of misleading in a sense, this is based on an actual setting that got taken to an EXTREME AU by a divergence set long ago in the past.

Look at Big Sister ChiChi's history lesson if you want to guess at the original setting.

A VAST and TERRIBLE Sekrit is being revealed... Ciara and every one of her sisters/kin are not truly biological, despite having a "fleshy" body.

189s4jld9fgt1png.png

Sarcasm aside, how do you pronounce "Ciara"? "See-arr-ah"?

Also, the title tag is kind of misleading in a sense, this is based on an actual setting that got taken to an EXTREME AU by a divergence set long ago in the past.

Look at Big Sister ChiChi's history lesson if you want to guess at the original setting.

Well, you announced all your inspirations in the original post and I did read the "history lesson" (even if it is more of a legend then a lesson) so there isn't really much to guess at. I figure that in the ancient past, humanity created the first AI-driven spaceships (the spaceship girls) to fight a hostile alien (or maybe trans-dimensional, given the name "reality deviants" and description of sealing away the dark matter realm) race, eventually winning, and ensuring their own dominance on the galactic scene. Then humanity died out or vanished or whatever and the shipgirls were left to their own devices.

At least that is the one interpretation I drew from it and decided to run with.

What I was wondering was about biological beings that are around today when encountered by the shipgirls.

Last edited:
PETS! Wonderful, interesting, collectable pets.

We should acquire some immediately. Perhaps there are some for sale here?

I was kinda hoping it would be a more voluntary method then slavery. And I was expressely the wondering about the ones who aren't crew members. Are there civilizations out there? Shipgirls could be hired out as mercenaries or for transport shipping (what other purpose would there be behind having merchant vessels?) in exchange for finished goods, upgrades, and crewmembers.

Space Ship Girls Quest is now on FFnet https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11384687/1/

Sarcasm aside, how do you pronounce "Ciara"? "See-arr-ah"?

Yes. "See R rah".

Well, you announced all your inspirations in the original post and I did read the "history lesson" (even if it is more of a legend then a lesson) so there isn't really much to guess at. I figure that in the ancient past, humanity created the first AI-driven spaceships (the spaceship girls) to fight a hostile alien (or maybe trans-dimensional, given the name "reality deviants" and description of sealing away the dark matter realm) race, eventually winning, and ensuring their own dominance on the galactic scene. Then humanity died out or vanished or whatever and the shipgirls were left to their own devices.

At least that is the one interpretation I drew from it and decided to run with.

What I was wondering was about biological beings that are around today when encountered by the shipgirls.

Ah... those, they fall into a few catagories. And it's on an individual basis. ie one girl will behave differently than other girls.

Primitives are a "whatever" to shipgirls when encountered, and they tend to go "holy fuck" at the shipgirls ship form because their shields and defenses are rated good enough to go "diving" into suns, while their weaponry are designed to take on said shields.

The only ones who are compariable to shipgirls got tech given to them by shipgirls or they stole their tech and studied it.

Please note that this is a generalization.

But you get shipgirls who don't mind having crews, even submitting to obeying their crews and the politi entities/nations that they're part of. There are of course darker stories of WHY this is so...

Amd I will note that one of the starting choices for destinations would have been starting into HARD MODE instead of meeting Big Sister ChiChi, you get to see what some of the biological empires have gotten up to. Where running away is a -good- idea.

Amd I will note that one of the starting choices for destinations would have been starting into HARD MODE instead of meeting Big Sister ChiChi, you get to see what some of the biological empires have gotten up to. Where running away is a -good- idea.

Can you tell us which choice, or would that give away to much potential future plot? I'm curious about it now.

Can you tell us which choice, or would that give away to much potential future plot? I'm curious about it now.

003 : Om nom nom nom nom.
You had the choice of...
[!] Fly towards a cluster of your sisters, they were looking for new members. [6 systems away]
- This won, and is technically the "easy" vote.

[!] Fly towards where broadcasts spoke of a battle! [10 systems away]
- This is technically, not so easy... but you'd have dropped into either active combat or the winners winning depending on your dice rolls.

[!] Fly towards that really confused mishmash of broadcasts that pulsed with a regular frequency. [20 systems away]
- This is the HARD MODE. Aka you're now in a zombie or pod people or other horror movie type scenario.

Let me guess: we would have run into the Beast?

It seems that the vote is still open...

Current Tally~

[10] Explore on your own! You're a big girl and can handle things on your own.: (wayne82444, Sheaman3773, Least Devotee, Bloodshifter, BFldyq, mannan, Thinky Think, shaderic, SerbobIV, redaeth)
[10] Explore with your other big sisters... also buy delicious snacks and trinkets.: (Xicree, pepperjack, hunter09, unsafejakal, Happerry, joe6168, psnuker, Jiven, Minion #Q, Penwriter)
-[1] Stick with So, Aoi and Aki where you can. Spotters make life easy for cruisers!: (pepperjack)
[2] Stay with Big Sister ChiChi and hide behind her, you're not used to so many PEOPLE. Also some of their pets are scary.: (OverReactionGuy, inverted_helix)
[1] Explore with Aoi and Aki.: (Fallenblades643)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back