• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[] Consume its essence
Might be possible with a good roll, maybe, okay probably not (completely at least).

[] Let it bond with you
Powers, yeah. BUT WE GAVE IT ACCESS TO OUR SOUL! Also, if you thought we were forgetful before just wait until shard shenanigans begin.

[] Try and revive it
Hahaha, no.

This one is a real twister of a problem. I feel like no matter what we do bad things will occur.

alright, so.

Not sure what eating it would do. maybe shove it into our soulsapce, with weird side effects? turn us into case 53, screwing up our body more? just plain consuming its soul, boosting our essence? I've got no clue.

bonding with it will probably get us a normal cauldron power, and so we don't have to worry about shard mind whammy in that case.

Rez'ing it will get us a normal shard, and thus shard conflict, but it would also mean our shard would be able to bud, which with our ability to influence things directly connected to our soul, would let us do... something?

Well, if it does just Rez it as a normal shard (which... would almost definitely be really grateful to us for bringing it back to life), we get in so much conflict anyway that satisfying it's needs should be easy, and I'm curious about what we could do when it buds...

Eh, why not.

[X] Try and revive it

We get enough conflict anyway. A little bit of shard-mindfuck wont do much harm.

[X] Try and revive it

[X] Let it bond with you
-[X] During the bonding process, block it's changes to your soul, while taking control of it's soul.

Remember people, it's canon that when the shards are in the process of bonding with a host they are at their most vulnerable, and this one's already 'dead'. It'll be easy to assume complete dominance over it.

Also, we may have just lost 1/3 of our curse's cure, we'll see.

[X] Consume its essence

Reviving it is stupid and will kill everyone we care about.

I feel like trying to revive it would be a gigantic mistake.

But it would also be cool to talk to the Thinker too. That girl/alien/space whale almost never got time in the canon.

Choices, choices. Rule of cool it is.

[x] Try and Revive it.
-[x] Try to make out with it too

All the way man. All the way.

Last edited:
[] Consume its essence

We have enough issues with eldrich abominations. Why on Earth would we try to create more? That just has worse end written all over it. At least consumption has some chance of working out in our favor.

EDIT: Actually, you know what, this is a terrible idea too. I'm just going to abstain from this vote.

Last edited:
[X] Consume its essence

This is what we have to do if we want to defeat the curse. We must have BOOZE!!

This is what we have to do if we want to defeat the curse.

absolutely nothing says we have to consume it's essence to break the curse. in fact, I'd expect all three of these options to unlock this part of the curse, with what we are choosing now, being what set of bonuses and drawbacks we'll get from slugging back a cauldron vial.

we can eat the shard, doing who knows what the hell?

we can let it bond, and get cauldron cape powers.

or we can Rez it while it bonds, getting a living shard, with powers still able to grow.

I'm picking Rez'ing it, because we have no idea what eating it will do, normal bond isn't going to win, and the drawbacks from normal shard are something we can handle easily.

[X] Let it bond with you
-[X] During the bonding process, block it's changes to your soul, while taking control of it's soul.

[X] Try and Revive it.

The poor thing, living a half undead existance. But if you revive it it will (as it goes in stories at least, and they are always right) became immediatly loyal.

[X] A figure made of fire and metal

[X] Ball of light with ever changing color

Seems the safest option. And hey, maybe we'll make Legend green with envy over how much more rainbow our energy blasts are than his.:p

[X] Ball of light with ever changing color

Because we're fey and it could lead to metal immunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back