• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Right
[X] Center
[X] Right
-[X] If on any round we find the stone, we pull up another cup before anything else, to see if he cheated by placing them under every cup

[X] Right
[X] Left
[X] Right
-[X] If on any round we find the stone, we pull up another cup before anything else, to see if he cheated by placing them under every cup
--[X] Betray Gremthaxel the Betrayer first by stabbing him and take the stone.

The student becomes the master....

What I don't can't...
This is brilliant! Like amaizingly brilliant! But not sure if we should accept the offer. He just might betray us..

This is brilliant! Like amaizingly brilliant! But not sure if we should accept the offer. He just might betray us..
we could make a counter offer, it's obvious that he wants to use Taylor to get to earth bet. why not a partnership? he gets a place to stay as long he obeys the rules of sacred hospitality in exchange for teaching Necros.

then we betray him by either killing him or sending him back when he's done teaching us.

Last edited:
[X] No
-[X] But still hold him to his deal to teach us a few things.

This is a bad idea... But this is also too funny to pass up. We must always remember to triple-check everything we do with him... so he can continue to 'betray our expectations of him' rather than doing something really dangerous.

*edit- rethought my vote some. I kinda wonder if he can teach us how to see through Masking spells, to see the true nature of something even if it's hidden. Even if not, there's a whole slew of things he can teach us, we just need to be constantly wary of treachery.

Last edited:
*re-reads and deep-thinks*

....Yeah, we might very well be completely boned. As we have repeatedly been taught but have not learned, EVERYTHING trapped within our soul is dangerous beyond belief. None of them are harmless and those that haven't screwed us up like becoming Mt. Flufflkins' mother was more of a fluke than anything else.

We are dealing with someone whose very existence is made of lies and betrayal, looking harmless and acting the fool is most likely just cover for the long game. I also doubt that stone actually didn't do anything and instead just masked what it did to us while he gave us a bullshit story about not doing anything to 'betray our expectations' and distracted us from looking harder by acting like a fool. Giving him power over us by being his apprentice when we are his jail and his very being is based around betrayal? FUCK NO!

[X] No

doomlord9, i know it's risky but unless we can think up a third option or add a write in to Yes, we're going to Apprentice to the Betrayer.

What does he really want? can he bound to a oath not to commit any emotional or physical harm to Taylor? he doesn't seem to be Fae nor a demon.

Last edited:
[X] Yes

what does he really want? can he bound to a oath not to commit any emotional or physical harm to Taylor? he doesn't seem to be Fae nor a demon.

If he can be bound to an oath it has to be perfect, leaving no loophole or anything that can be misinterpreted by him. Also, it would have to be extended from "emotional or physical harm to Taylor" to "emotional or physical harm to Taylor, her family, and anyone she cares about".

Also, it would have to be extended from "emotional or physical harm to Taylor" to "emotional or physical harm to Taylor, her family, and anyone she cares about".
Gremthaxel, banging his head on the table: "I can't believe you tricked me into that oath!"

Taylor: "Stop that! No more hurting yourself!"

Gremthaxel, pausing momentarilly: "And why not!"

Taylor, smiling evilly: "Because I care about you."

Gremthaxel paused, thought for a moment, his eyes widened. He went to bang his head on the table even harder, in shear frustration... then stopped, when he realized he couldn't.

Gremthaxel: "NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

*Taylor: "Feel the sting of Betrayal!"

*Edit- nods to Iruka.

Last edited:
[X] Yes
[X] No

Giving him power over us by being his apprentice when we are his jail and his very being is based around betrayal? FUCK NO!

Rationally speaking, you're very much right. One more argument for "NO": what, exactly, do we do with the "art of treachery" once we've learned it? Certainly not canon!Taylor's cup of tea, that one.

So why did I pick "Yes"? Because this story is all about the wacky and now it's time to have tea with the Jabberwocky, Alice. Treachery would also suit fae!Taylor so well, as fae are well-known for being tricksy.

It would be totally sweet and ironic for Necros to somehow manage betray Emma, too.

Edit: Fine, going with edale's compromise solution just in case doomlord9 is right and going for the trap somehow ends up making this quest more boring instead of amusing.

Taylor, smiling evilly: "Because I care about you."

Gremthaxel: "NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Feel the sting of betrayal!

Last edited:
Rationally speaking, you're very much right. One more argument for "NO": what, exactly, do we do with the "art of treachery" once we've learned it? Certainly not canon!Taylor's cup of tea, that one.

So why did I pick "Yes"? Because this story is all about the wacky and now it's time to have tea with the Jabberwocky, Alice. Treachery would also suit fae!Taylor so well, as fae are well-known for being tricksy.

It would be totally sweet and ironic for Necros to somehow manage betray Emma, too.

Yeah, but if you hadn't noticed it's wacky when it happens, right up until Flabby decides that our actions have real and direct consequences that we must suffer from. Which is every time thus far.

This will suddenly become alot less amusing when he drops the jolly harmless fool act and suddenly we're the one who is locked up as he switches our places after giving him control over us through becoming his apprentice and him our Master, a position that is called that for a very good reason as we will essentially be enslaving ourselves to him when we're supposed to be his warden.

I just find it amazing that everyone seems to actually buy his act when he is not subtle or secretive at all that he is beyond skilled in the art of deception. He is NOT harmless, he is NOT jolly, and he is NOT a fool, every time we act based on thinking of him like that makes his real betrayal, which will NOT be funny or amusing to anyone besides him, that much more effective and you're all just walking right into it with a smile on your face.

Changed vote:
[X] No

This is a bad idea... But this is also too funny to pass up. We must always remember to triple-check everything we do with him... so he can continue to 'betray our expectations of him' rather than doing something really dangerous.

*edit- rethought my vote some. I kinda wonder if he can teach us how to see through Masking spells, to see the true nature of something even if it's hidden. Even if not, there's a whole slew of things he can teach us, we just need to be constantly wary of treachery.

[X] No
Accepting can be very bad. He is not weak, he is not stupid. Riptooth nearly killed our romantic interest, and he didn't care about her. We can be tricked by a child, we cannot contest with someone like him. If we accept, I am fully prepared to see one or several of our friends die. Remember the cursed sword! Don't fall into a trap just because it super obvious! It is a trap!

Changed vote.

[X] Yes
[X] No

Edit: Fine, going with edale's compromise solution just in case doomlord9 is right and going for the trap somehow ends up making this quest more boring instead of amusing.

[X] No

[X] No

"Actual we never stated when I had to teach you. So if you don't apologize I'll teach you after the heat death of the universe." said Gremthaxel.

"We'll both be dead by then." said Taylor getting annoyed.

Gremthaxel snorted and said "No I won't."
...Remember those Elder God vibes I mentioned a few posts back.... Yea, They just spiked into overdrive.

On the flip side, we just out-conned Cthulu's younger cousin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back