• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Sneak in by yourself through the wards with masking

[X] Bring everybody with you and smash the wards
-[X] Stay in the lead to watch for further traps.

It would probably be smarter to have Hollow Man teleport down the tunnel really fast and back. Then let his body doubles soak the consequences than face-checking the traps ourselves.

Because I'm a paranoid bastard.

[X] Pity

I am very curious to what Taylor's version of Pity is to her.

[X] Pity

The ultimate revenge... In Emma's mind at least.
The Hollow Man stands there staring at you in silence before saying "Promise me you won't get killed."

"I promise." you say before walking up to the barrier.
Well shit. God-Mode activate. To a limited extent reality itself will bend to keep Taylor/Necros alive now.

Better yet... there's no time frame on the promise. This is a permanent thing now.
As you walk down it you notice that there seems to be blocks of some kind of material placed at five foot intervals along the wall.
Called it!

Remember boys and girls, if you just gain a power that seems like it could be useful in a given situation, and are later given the option to use it, it is usually vitally important that you use said skill. Just sayin'.

[X] Pity

Honestly I prefer apathy but I'm curious about this option.

[X] Apathy

Nothing Taylor can express towards Emma will be as damaging as this. She NEEDS Taylor to care about her or her worldview just collapses.

Pity is also good. It'll hurt and enrage her but it proves that Taylor still cares about her.

[X] Apathy

Nothing Taylor can express towards Emma will be as damaging as this. She NEEDS Taylor to care about her or her worldview just collapses.

Pity is also good. It'll hurt and enrage her but it proves that Taylor still cares about her.

Pity is a connection to Taylor Hebert though, rather than the tragic loss of identity that comes from Apathy as she is subsumed by the collective Necros hive-mind.

Cherish your emotions, for they define who you are.

[X] Apathy

Subsumed? Taylor can choose to be herself whenever she wants. She just doesn't want to be her.

Also, Pity seems like a good way to hesitate during the kill and bungle it.

Subsumed? Taylor can choose to be herself whenever she wants. She just doesn't want to be her.

Also, Pity seems like a good way to hesitate during the kill and bungle it.

Pretty much this. Right now we want Taylor to be absolutely nowhere near the surface. This is something very dangerous and literally the entire city is at risk here.

Taylor can mourn and deal with the emotional aspects AFTER the threat has been disposed of but in the heat of the moment emotions are more of a negative than a positive, especially the level Taylor has towards Emma. There is a reason cops are removed from a case when it involves someone they are attached to, emotional connections make you stupid and do stupid things when things get heated.

Pretty much this. Right now we want Taylor to be absolutely nowhere near the surface. This is something very dangerous and literally the entire city is at risk here.

Taylor can mourn and deal with the emotional aspects AFTER the threat has been disposed of but in the heat of the moment emotions are more of a negative than a positive, especially the level Taylor has towards Emma. There is a reason cops are removed from a case when it involves someone they are attached to, emotional connections make you stupid and do stupid things when things get heated.
Pity can easily be all Necros.

Nostalgia and Rage, now those two would bring Taylor up to the surface, and maker her give herself away by projectile-vomiting on Emma...:D

Also, pity is often the reason you put down a severely injured/sick animal, not something that stays your hand (I say this from first-hand experience).

Well, visiting him was a bad idea. Hindsight and all that.

Personally I consider that a bad end. Now we have to deal with a completely useless deadweight of what used to be Emma but isn't anymore yet Taylor will react to emotionally like she is.

Also I had a pretty good feeling something like that would happen with Gremthaxel. We use a stone explicitly designed to disguise what it does, feel it tightening around our mind, then the effect vanishes after not doing anything as the con-man distracts us with a funny dance? Yeah I don't think so. At least I talked us down from swearing ourselves into his service and making it all worse.

This just makes me more likely to actually use my unformed vote to the next time we sleep to meditate and look at our mind and soul closely, then use our magic to effectively sand-blast our mind and soul, then look for the anomalies that didn't show up before. Yeah it'll sting like a bitch but most things like that are fairly delicate and would show up after we do small bits of recoverable damage to pretty much everything.

I'll be quite honest, I'm almost thinking about making a vote to kidnap and Charm Amy again just so that we can make her change our brain to prevent us from ever being able to go unconscious ever again. Might have her figure out a way to alter our brain to archive memories while we're awake and recover mental fatigue as well, but the important thing is us never going to sleep again and having the option to make such stupid move like going to the Song of Lies, a place that explicitly is NOT what it appears to be, then walking into a calm idyllic meadow with a jolly bumbling inept man who is labeled 'the Betrayer', then believing everything he says at face value and playing games with him.

I would have been more trusting if we had walked into a twisted firey hellscape with the souls of his other trapped victims wailing at us to stop listening and walk away, which is what it probably is, than what we actually got. At least then it would be anything but a twisted firey hellscape with the souls of his other trapped victims wailing at us to stop listening and walk away....which still leaves plenty of other options for being utterly screwed but it would remove at least one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back