• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Tell him more about the last couple of weeks.
-[X] Tell him about the Hollow Man
--[X] Tell him about slaying the Wyrm, "This mean guy that attacked me when my new friend tried to introduce me to him!"
-[X] Tell him about the Transporter
-[X] Tell him about the evil PRT

does the floor still stare at people?

Believe so.

Flabbyknight since the whole 'our hide flies now' thing happened, can the floor that stares at people stare at people below our base now?

As far as the eyeball of Doom(tm) is concerned... I'm just waiting for the first woman to walk in to the base wearing a skirt...:eek::oops::p

[X] Bring him to meet the Hollow Man

Seems to be a good time to do this. He did ask, though he got the completely wrong impression and it as hilarious when Taylor started to gush about the girl she likes infront of him after that.

X] Bring him to meet the Hollow Man
-[X] "Dad, Meet my best friend and right hand man Hollow Man!"

[X] Tell him more about the last couple of weeks.
-[X] Tell him about the evil PRT
-[X] Tell him about your crusade against the evil in the city.
[X] Afterwards, introduce him to the Hollow Man.

[X] Let him sleep

Go easy on him, he can only handle so much crazy at once.

[X] Take a nap your self

Playing with the wards, or doing magical experiments, in an invisible building that's flying around the sky...using a flight mechanism built by a severely sleep-deprived tinker... is not the wisest option... in fact seems like a death flag to me.

That said, I do think we should do the magical experiment at some point.

Flabbyknight can you make a post with all the descriptions of the songs, then index/threadmark it and update it as we discover new ones?

Because it's a pain to have to go back and scrounge through the story posts for the descriptions right now.

[X] Song of Silence

Sounds the least dangerous of the bunch.
DO NOT GO TO THE SHEEP!!! until we find out how it almost destroyed the multiverse.
Sure.

Song of Change: The song is ever changing. It has no clear pattern or meaning to it. One moment it is battle then cooking to horticulture. When she focused on it she felt dizzy.

Song of balance:the song is about balance and harmony. When she focused on this song it washes all of her fears and doubts away.

Song of despair: The third song is of darkness and despair. When Taylor focuses it fills her with dread.

Song of hunger: The song filled her with a hungry filling in her body. She felt the need to consume grow stronger and stronger as she concentrated on it.

Song of Isolation: The song sounded like a howling wind. As she listened to it the sensation that she was isolated and how small she was grabbed hold of her.

Song of Heart: The song was simple thumbing beat. As she focused on it she felt her heart began to match the rhythm of the song. Her blood began to sing along with the song. She felt her mouth began to water as a desire for something grew inside of her.

Song of silence: The song was about nothingness and nonexistence. Well to say it was a song was kind of inaccurate. It was more like there was presence that was in fact was not there at all and made no sound, instead a deep silence that stood out from the other silences. As she listened to it she began to ponder whether she had ever in fact ever existed in the first place.

Song of steel: The first was the sound of metal slamming together. Each clang caused Taylor's poor pixie ears to ache.

Song of lies: The song was hard to wrap her brain around. She could hear the music, but at the same time she knew she that she was not actual listening to it. Each note was a deception pretending to be something it was not.

Baaaaalad of sheep: The song was simple baaaing of sheep.
Also:
Song of Awakening: Sensation of her mind expanding to see all of existence. The song she heard when she gained her powers as the Avatar of Many (...I think that was the term used...) Can grant magical powers to those who sing along.

Supplemental: (I'm going to try to keep this updated, so may be spoilers for future chapters)

Song of Change - Released Murphy and became a Fae.
Song of Balance - Befriended Rana.
Song of Despair - Unexplored.
Song of Hunger - Unexplored.
Song of Isolation - Gained Mt. Fluffykins as a son.
Song of Heart - Unexplored.
Song of Silence - Unexplored.
Song of Steel - Gained the Paper Sword. Home of the 'Melted Man'.
Song of Lies - Learned Masking. Gremthaxel the Betrayer's home.
Baaaaalad of sheep - Unexplored.

I am not 100% sure on some of these, please correct me if I'm wrong.

*Edit- Updated when we explored the Song of Lies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back