• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Devils + Vampire (Post-DMC 5 X Rosario + Vampire Fanfic)

Chapter 11: The Succubus Arrives
Two Days Later

The doors to the Youkai Academy library opened and closed as students entered and exited. Now that the school year had somewhat started, the more diligent students were attempting to get a head start on their reading assignments. The less diligent were simply looking for a place to relax and try to forget about their homework assignments for a bit. Though these types usually left the library early after being reprimanded by the new Head Librarian. However, three students, in particular, were standing outside and to the left of the library door. They were huddled together, trying to appear subtle...and failing at it.

"OK, everyone remembers the plan, right?" the leader of the trio of male students said as he turned to his two companions. He wore the standard greenish Youkai Academy uniform, but with a white coat hanging off his back. On it, the kanji for "Battle" stood proudly in red ink. The student was taller than his companions but he was on the leaner side. His muscles were nearly non-existent at a glance.

His two companions were mirror images of him. The main difference being one wore glasses while the other held a large kanabo that he got from somewhere. Where exactly he wouldn't tell anyone. The two other students looked at each other, then back at their leader, confusion still on their faces. The one with the kanabo spoke first, "I thought we were just gonna go in the library and beat up that new librarian."

The leader's palm hit his face. His voice was muffled as he spoke, "We are gonna do that. But we're gonna be smart about it. We can't just run in there and expect to get him. Not to mention we'll only get one shot at this and we can't afford to mess up our revenge now."

"Y-Yeah!" the one with glasses shouts enthusiastically. He pumps his fist in the air as tears start to fall from his eyes, "I-I'll never forgive him for taking Sakura away from me! He'll pay for enchanting her with his evil wiles!"

The kanabo wielder scratched the side of his head, "But...I thought you and Sakura were just friends. How could he steal her if you weren't going out?"

"We-We weren't going out yet," glasses is sure to correct his fellow. His tears flow in an ever-increasing amount as he speaks, "bu-bu-but I was planning to ask her out when the time was right! But I can't do that as long as he's in the way!"

Kanabo shrugged, "I just want to get back at him for throwing me out while I trying to hit on a girl."

"Look it doesn't matter!" their leader stated with finality, "Point is that we all have a reason to get back at this Vergil guy. And we have a better chance of doing it together than separately. So, what we're gonna do is go in there, challenge him to a duel, then when he starts walking towards us, you hit him with your kanabo! Then we all kick him while he's down!"

"Yeah!" the other two shouted in unison.

"You two ready!?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Then lets g-"

"Excuse me, boys?~"

The three men all froze on the spot. Slowly, they turned their heads in the direction the feminine voice had come from. When their eyes fell on the newcomer, they all felt their hearts skip a beat. The blue-haired high school girl took a single step forward, leaning forward to accentuate her large breasts. She pouted as she started up at the three comrades with a sad look in her eyes. She started to sob while stepping closer to the three of them, "It's just...I'm so lonely here. No one wants to be my friend. And I...I don't know why."

The three immediately moved to surround the girl and started to bow to her. Their leader stepped forward, chest out and hands on his hips as he spoke with confidence, "Don't worry, young lady! We honorable gentlemen will gladly be your first friends!"

"Wait but what abougggh!" the kanabo wielder was elbowed in the stomach by the one with glasses.

Glasses stared at the blue-haired girl, eyes not going above her neckline as he spoke, "Ye-Yeah! We'll be great friends! Uh, what's your name, cutey?"

"K-Kurono Kurumu," the now-named girl looked up at the men and met their eyes. Within moments all three started to blush. The kanabo wielder dropped his weapon as a dopey expression came over his face. His comrades followed suit, all staring at Kurumu with a lustful fervor. But they didn't move towards her at all. They simply stood rooted to the spot without taking their eyes off her.

Kurumu's disposition changed within moments. Her sobbing stopped and there was no wetness around her eyes whatsoever. She flipped her hair with one hand while turning towards the door to the Library. She didn't even say anything to the three students that were now under her "Charm". She merely waved a hand and they followed after her obediently like loyal dogs. Despite the clear use of her power, none of the other students called her out. Mainly because most of the males were completely enraptured by her beauty.

She chuckled, feeling her plan get closer to fruition. It would only be a matter of time before every male student in the Academy was her slave. Her Yokai Academy Harem Transformation Plan was foolproof! No student at the school could resist her succubus "Charm". One look in her eyes would be all it took. And for some, she wouldn't even need to go that far. A confident smile remained on her face as she entered the library. However, her glee only lasted for a few moments. Then an ugly thought came to the forefront of her mind. The fact that, despite her looks and efforts, there was one huge wrench in her plan.

The Vampire, Moka Akashiya.

Her hands tightened into fists at the thought of the girl. While she could get the males here with her "Charm" they were all dreaming about that damned vampire! Why? She clearly had far more feminine charm than that twig could ever hope to have!

She huffed before her lips started curling into a smile. A hand went to her chin as she started talking to herself, "And I'll prove it too. I know exactly how to humiliate that Moka while getting one step closer to accomplishing my goal. That boy that's always with Moka. Tsukune Aono. I'll steal him from her. Proving once and for all-"

"Excuse me," Kurumu nearly jumped out of her uniform at the sudden voice. It was cold, firm, and clearly directed at her. She stumbled back, finally taking notice of the shadow that loomed over her...and its owner. Her eyes widened as she came to face to face with the new Head Librarian, Vergil.

And the first thing she noticed was, for an old man, he looked good.

She'd never go for him. Her plan only involved the Student Body. None of the teachers or staff. But she couldn't deny that any other succubus would probably be head over heels for him. And who could blame them? That professional aura that hung around him, the smooth yet chiseled facial features, that slicked back white hair and dark blue outfit. If someone were to look up "Cool" in the dictionary, Kurumu had no doubt his picture would rest next to its definition.

Of course, the thing that really caught her eyes were his eyes.

Namely, the sharp glare that he leveled at her. She felt a chill go up her spine as he stared her down. He held up a finger as he started to speak, "Firstly, you are speaking too loudly. This is a library. Be quiet."

Kurumu blinked in surprise at his admonishment. She looked behind her, wondering why none of her slaves were coming to defend her...only to see all three standing at attention. Her jaw dropped as she saw that each one was staring at Vergil with fear in their eyes. They were still under her "Charm" she could tell that. But something was...overriding it?! How was that-

"Look at me when I speak to you," Kurumu's head darted back around to look Vergil in the eye. That same chill ran up and down her spine as he continued, "And second, you have clearly used your powers on these young men, succubus. Though it may have occurred outside my library, you are now inside my library. Release them. This instant."

Kurumu frowned at the taller man. How dare he try to order her around? He may good looking, but that didn't mean he could just tell her what to do! Even if he was a staff member. She opened her mouth to retort but paused as she considered something. Then she narrowed her eyes at Vergil, looking him up and down while humming to herself. While he wasn't her type, he was still a man. And if she were able to get someone like this under her thumb, then she could lord it over Moka! An unappealing girl like her could never manage to get one of the staff to follow her every whim!

Hiding her smug grin beneath her hand, Kurumu put on her best pouting face. She made her body shake while placing both of her hands together. Her lips were quivering as she looked down at the ground. She started to sob as she spoke, "I-I-I"m so sorry, Vergil-sensei. I-I-I didn't mean to-to-waaah!"

She dashed forward and pressed herself against Vergil's body. She only came up to his lower chest but that was enough. Pushing her chest as close to his body as she could, she looked up at him and in a husky voice, "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

When her eyes met his, she activated her "Charm". She couldn't stop her lips from curling into a smile as Vergil stared into her eyes. Within a few moments, he'd be all hers. Then she'd get him to-

Then something Kurumu didn't expect happened.

She thought that Vergil would show her the same dopey expression the other students she had charmed had.

Instead, his face contorted into an expression of absolute disgust.

Before she could question it, she felt him grab her by her hair. She yelled as he pulled her off him and then threw her toward the other students. The three she had charmed moved to cushion her fall, catching her before she could hit the ground. She got up and glared daggers at Vergil, "Hey! What's the big-HEY!"

Kurumu felt her hackles rise as she beheld what was happening in front of her.

Vergil had taken a handkerchief out of his pocket and was using it to wipe off where she had grabbed him. She pushed herself away from the three she had charmed, eyes blazing with indignation at Vergil's actions. She stomped forward, readying a scathing remark against the Librarian...but then he turned his attention back to her. Immediately, she froze on the spot as what could only be described as barely restrained fury washed over her. Her pupils shrunk as Vergil's glare seemed to bore into her.

"Understand this, succubus," Vergil stared her down while folding his handkerchief into a square, "The only reason you still have legs to walk on, is because I do not wish to stain my blade with your foul blood. But your actions have made my patience for you run thin. Leave my library, and do not return unless you are here on assignment or ready to act with decorum and respect. This is not a request. It is an order."

He turned his back to her and started to walk away. Kurumu, regardless of how much she wanted to retort, found any and all words she could come up with stuck in her throat. After a few false starts, she eventually settled for glaring at Vergil's back. Then she turned around and marched her way out of the Library with her slaves in tow.

She muttered to herself as she walked out, "Whatever. I'm not after his approval anyway. Now then, where is that vampire?"

"You know, my tutoring invitation will always be open for you, Da~nte~," Dante turned around at Ririko Kagome's flirtatious voice. The math teacher winked at him while leaning resting her head on her desk.

Dante responded by wiping a student's desk off with his washcloth, quickly turning it into a rolled-up ball, then throwing it toward the bag next to the teacher's desk. Without watching it as it hit entered the bag in one shot, he returned the teacher's wink with one of his own, "Good to hear that, Glasses. But you don't need to worry about little old me. Graduated top of my class back home."

He head towards the door to the class, waving goodbye to Kagome as he left the classroom. She watched him go, a flirty smile on her face the entire time. When Dante was out of the room, he picked a direction and started walking. Students would stop to say hello to him as he walked by, and he did his best to return their greetings. After a certain point, one of the male students started following him each vying for his attention.

"Hey, Dante-sensei," the student held up multiple papers in his hands, "I'm trying to decide which club I should join. Which one do you think sounds best? Chess, swimming, or kendo?"

"Would joining one stop you from joining the others?"

"No."

"Then join one, if you don't like it, drop out and pick another."

"Of course! Thank you, sensei!"

"No problem," Dante shouted after him as he ran off. Dante wasn't alone for long though. More students replaced that one, each asking for his advice on one thing or another. Dante gave them the best advice he could, but his mind was elsewhere as he walked.

He still hadn't come up with a good way to start training Lover Boy. Outside basic martial arts and combat training, there was little he could do to help the boy. At least without putting him in danger. He could teach him all the Martial Arts he wanted, wouldn't help if the kid didn't have the strength to back it up. Bulking him up wasn't an issue. Doing it with time to spare before shit starts hitting the fan was.

Then there was Fang's whole situation. He didn't know what Vergil was planning to do with all that crap he needed. But he had the strangest feeling that things would get pretty complicated if he managed to pull it off. He doubts Fangs would be happy learning her mom's been using her body as a vessel for who knows how long. Who knows how she would react? Not to mention old Mommy Dearest suddenly finding herself among the living again. Especially since she gave her life to keep that Alucard guy sleeping like a baby. Probably won't be happy to know that her seal is undone.

Lastly, there was whatever the Student Council President was planning. Honestly, that seemed kind of small-time compared to this Alucard guy. But that didn't mean that it wasn't dangerous or a cause for concern. Especially since him accomplishing his plan was far more likely to happen in the near future. Meaning that he probably needed to start thinking of how to deal with that sooner rather than later.

Dante sighed while putting his arms behind his back. He started to rub the back of his neck while talking to himself, "Man, wish Morrison was here. He could do a lot of the prep work for me."

Then he shrugged, "Ah well. I'll just have to pick up the slack. At least it'll keep me busy."

He figured he'd leave Vergil to the whole "Mom's taken over her daughter's body" thing. He'd focus on Lover Boy and keep an eye out for when the President made his move. As he considered how he would actually accomplish that, he found himself drawn from his thoughts by a gathering of students in the main entrance hall. The yelling and whispers he heard got him curious, so he walked on over to see what the big deal was. The students opened a path for him when they noticed his presence. He made sure to thank everyone who let him come on in. Getting to the center of the gathered students, he saw what had captured everyone's attention.

Which turned out to be Fangs getting yelled at by a blue-haired succubus.

Dante raised an eyebrow, watching as the succubus started yelling about how she was better than Fangs and otherwise that he drowned out. Figuring that he shouldn't let two students fight it out in the middle of school like this, he whistled to get everyone's attention. When all eyes were on him he started walking toward the Fangs and the succubus. He held his arms out to the side while smiling, "Hello there, ladies. Sorry to interrupt, but classes are still going on. I'm gonna have to ask you both to get going before your both late."

"Dante-sensei!" Moka shouted as he approached. The succubus' eyes widened as she looked between the vampire and Dante. Moka ran over to Dante and bowed in apology, "I'm so sorry. But Kurumu-san stopped me and started talking about taking Tsukune away all of a sudden."

Dante's eyebrow rose as he turned to regard the succubus. He crossed his arms, "That so? Haven't you ever heard the phrase 'three's a crowd', Kuru?"

"I-Kuru?" Kurumu was temporarily stunned at the nickname Dante gave her. Then she shook her head, regaining her composure, "I mean, stay out of this whoever you are. This is between me and Moka Akashiya! I will prove that I'm the better woman. Then this whole school will be mine!"

Dante nodded along with her speech but his expression didn't change. Moka looked completely lost as to what was going on. And it was at this time that Tsukune walked into the entrance hall from the side Kurumu was on. He looked at the assembled crowd, confusion also on his face, "Uh, Moka-san? What's going on? Why is Dante here?"

"Tsukune!" Moka started heading towards the human, but Dante could already see Kurumu moving to intercept. Her arms were outstretched, clearly aiming to hug Tsukune for two very specific reasons. Those reasons being attached to her torso.

Seeing where this was gonna go, he decided that it was his duty as a member of the staff to ensure nothing untoward happened between these students. His body flashed red as he dashed forward, passing Moka and landing between Tsukune and Kurumu before anyone noticed.

He grabbed Kurumu's outstretched arms, twirled her around, and lightly pushed her away from Tsukune. The succubus stumbled but righted herself before long. Moka stopped next to Tsukune, the two looking as Dante faced off against the succubus. Dante raised a finger and moved it from side to side, "Don't think so Kuru. I don't remember seeing you in the same class as those two. So, how about you run along while I take Fangs and Lover Boy to their next class?"

"What is it with white-haired old guys getting in my way?" Kurumu said through grit teeth.

"Oh, so you met my brother," Dante's smile widened.

It took all of Kurumu's will to steel her anger. She instead smiled and started to walk toward Dante. Her eyes began to glow as she prepared to use her "Charm" on him. But then she paused. She held up a hand as her eyes narrowed, "Hold on...did you say, brother?"

Dante nodded, "Yep. Though I'm not surprised you didn't notice. I was the one that got the family's good looks."

He started rubbing his chin, turning his head around until his eyes met with Tsukune and Moka's. Still smiling, he jerked his head to the side, silently telling the two of them to get going. Unfortunately for him, neither Tsukune nor Moka understood what he was trying to do. He sighed before walking over to stand behind the two of them. He grabbed both by their shoulders and then started to lead them away from Kurumu, "But, like I said, can't be late for class. Later, Kuru!"

"H-Hold on! I'm not done! Get back here!" Kurumu started chasing after the three of them.

"Dante, what's going on? Why is Kurumu here?" Tsukune asked, trying to look behind them as Dante led the two around a corner.

Dante gave the boy a wink, "Why, it's another of your admirers Lover Boy. Honestly, I'm not that surprised. A kid like you was bound to attract more than just one girl. But be careful, OK? One boat can only hold so many passengers."

"Wha-what-what?" Tsukune's voice made it clear he was even more confused.

"Tsukune! Kurumu said she was trying to steal you. What did she mean?" Moka asked, innocent eyes staring into Tsukune's soul.

The human started blushing, holding up both of his hands while shouting, "I...I...I don't know! I only just met her today and-"

Dante started drowning them out while continuing down the hall. Hmm, hopefully, that succubus would get tired eventually.

Ah, there's the Vergil I know and love.

Good chapter as always. I'm already imagining the comedic anime effect where a would-be seductress is comically drawn larger with a pissed off look, staring at the person who so casually disregarded them and found them disgusting

It's funny to see Dante bluntly telling Tsukune he's becoming a harem protag.

I really want to see how Yukari reacts to the brothers. Y'know, since they're Devils, the kind of beings Witches make contracts/pacts with in the stories.

Also, I think I've said it already, but I do want to see how Yukari reacts to V, mostly because I'm curious if he'll qualify as a witch, and how she'd react to another "witch."

Chapter 12.1
Vergil placed the last returned book for the day back on its shelf. He stepped away from the shelf then took a moment to look at the arrangement of the books. They were all non-fiction, each with detailed histories on the various Yokai races. Exactly what the tomes entailed depended upon the author. Some had the tone of research papers. Books made to tell history without any embellishments or bias to be had. Others were, more or less, primarily focused on detailing how "amazing" and "wonderful" the lands of Yokai used to be before humans or other Yokai showed up.

He had read through them in his off time. Mainly for information gathering. Seeing if there was any point in this worlds history where someone from a completely separate dimension arrived in it. If there were, then Vergil could further look into them and see if and how they got back to their world. See if there were any hidden methods to make pinpointing the exact location of their home dimension easier.

Sadly, he was proven wrong. Though he was upset, he was certain Dante would make light of the situation. He would smile and point out how the two of them were "The first unlucky bastards to be sent to this place from somewhere else!"

Vergil grimaced, turning away from the shelf when he was certain all the books were in alphabetical order. He heard the school bell ring twice, indicating that it was time for the students to go to class or lunch. For him, it singled his lunch break for the day. He easily made his way towards his desk, briefly adjusting his collar with a hand. It wasn't hot, he just felt the need to do so. He easily slid into the seat behind his desk and opened up one of the drawers. With a hand he pulled out a bowl of "Instant Ramen" that the lunch lady had given him for some reason. He wouldn't complain about being given sustenance for free. While he may not necessarily need to eat, doing so would ensure that his body remained energized for future conflicts.

He got up, the bowl of readily made ramen in his hands as he made he way towards the exit. None of the students in the library got in his way as he walked passed them. None even bothered looking at him. They only continued to read their books as their backs shook with fear. Vergil paid them no mind as he opened the library doors.

"Now then," he said to no on in particular, heading towards the nearest microwave he knew of, "To the Teacher's Lounge."

"Um, excuse me?"

Vergil kept walking but slowed enough to let the owner of the voice catch up to him. He glanced to the side to see one of the female students keeping pace with him. Her face was red and she kept staring at the ground. Her brown hair bounced with her every step, alongside the tied box lunch in her hand. She kept her gaze on her feet as her mouth opened and closed, no words leaving her lips. Vergil chose to ignore her after the fifth time she failed to communicate what she called out to him for. He began to speed up when he heard more footsteps coming up from behind him.

Taking a step to the right, he let another female student fly passed him. She skidded to a stop in front of the two with two bagged lunches in her hands. She was barely hiding her true nature. She wore gym clothes and her face was that of an actual dog's. She stepped in front of Vergil and held out both of her bags, "You! Me! Lunch! Together!"

Vergil gave the girl points for directly stating what it is she wanted with him. But, that didn't mean she was going to get a pass. He held his ramen up in one hand, while his other summoned the Yamato out of thin air. Ignoring the surprised gasps of the two girls, he gave the Inugami in front of him a firm strike on the head, "You are meant to maintain your human form at all times. Consider this a warning."

The Inugami whimpered, backing up and both hands going to her head as Vergil walked passed her. He heard a "poof" behind him, followed by more footsteps. The Inugami appeared at his side, her face much more human than before. She holds up both of the bags, "Done. Now will you come-"

The other girl moved over and interrupted the Inugami. Her nervousness seemed to disappear in the fact of a potential rival. She started to speak, "Mitsuki-san-I-I got here first! I was going to ask him to eat with me."

"I saw, and you were kind of sucking at it, Iji" Mitsuki said matter-of-factly, "So I was gonna do it instead."

The newly named Iji gasped in shock. She began to form a response to Mitsuki, but Vergil didn't hear it. As he had already turned the corner and made it to the door to the Staff Room. Said room was what he expected from a school based off Japanese High Schools. Multiple desks with a few dividers here and there for privacy. He saw a few of the teachers there, usually in human form eating lunch of their own. Thankfully, the microwave wet up against the wall on a counter top wasn't occupied at the moment.

Without skipping a beat, he placed the bowl in his hands on the counter near the device. He had almost taken the covering off when he realized that he had forgotten something. Water. Fresh water. Not tap that he could get from the nearby sink. Water that was kept in a bottle and, preferably, not refrigerated so it would be at the perfect temperature for this purpose. He cursed under his breathe, admonishing himself for forgetting something so basic. Especially with how he managed to prepare for this the other day.

He admonished himself while thinking of what to do. But his thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of a plastic bottle hitting the counter. His eyes moved to his right to see a bottle of water, not yet opened and free of any condensation, sitting next to his ramen bowl. One eyebrow rose as he turned to regard the one who had placed the water bottle there. It was a female teacher who seemed to be in her early 30s or late 20s. And while Vergil had known that the dress code for teachers was rather lax, he doubted even Dante would think what she was wearing was appropriate.

A tube top with slim jeans, pumps on her feet, a golden necklace, and a bandana over her long braided hair. All of it didn't really seem appropriate for a teacher. He's certain he would've mistaken her for a student if she wasn't in the Staff Room. The only part of her ensemble that he understood was the long trench coat she wore. And that was only because of the paint stains that covered the article from top to bottom.

"Seems like you forgot something," her voice was light and teasing, one of her fingers pointing towards the water bottle on the counter, "so, I thought I'd help you out."

Vergil stared the woman down. He didn't even acknowledge the water bottle as he did so, "What do you want?"

The female smiled smugly, "I want to give you some water for your ramen."

"That is not what I meant and you know it, Medusa," the woman blinked as Vergil called out her species. He turned so his full body was facing her as he spoke, "What do you expect me to give you return for this 'gift'."

Finally managed to start working on this. I would've written more, but my brain decided that now was time for a headache.

Without skipping a beat, he placed the bowl in his hands on the counter near the device. He had almost taken the covering off when he realized that he had forgotten something. Water. Fresh water. Not tap that he could get from the nearby sink.
Eh, let's forget that it shouldn't be much difference for Vergil if it is tap water or bottled water, I don't know this alternative world's standards for the tap water, but Vergil is a half-demon, bacterias aren't as dangerous to him and you need much more metal and in the form of weapon to wound him, and even that is not guarantee.

What really bothers me is that someone trying to cook instant noodles with microwave oven. Is that some weird USA tradition? You actually supposed to boil water in the kettle (and due to boiling most of the tap water fine even for normal humans) , pour it into cup/bowl of instant noodles, cover it so steam isn't leaving and wait for several minutes. So it makes more sense for him to lack a kettle, but then again, there is probably a kettle in the teacher lounge. But maybe there is only one and already in use by Art Teacher.

Eh, let's forget that it shouldn't be much difference for Vergil if it is tap water or bottled water, I don't know this alternative world's standards for the tap water, but Vergil is a half-demon, bacterias aren't as dangerous to him and you need much more metal and in the form of weapon to wound him, and even that is not guarantee.

What really bothers me is that someone trying to cook instant noodles with microwave oven. Is that some weird USA tradition? You actually supposed to boil water in the kettle (and due to boiling most of the tap water fine even for normal humans) , pour it into cup/bowl of instant noodles, cover it so steam isn't leaving and wait for several minutes. So it makes more sense for him to lack a kettle, but then again, there is probably a kettle in the teacher lounge. But maybe there is only one and already in use by Art Teacher.

For the water, it's mostly a Vergil thing. He probably spent most of his teenage years forced to drink dirty rain water. I think if he had the opportunity to use clean water, he would take it over the alternative.

And, yeah, the microwave thing is mostly a western thing. I've mainly seen ramen cooked in Microwaves, with other types of pasta being used on ovens and in skillets/kettles/pots.

Chapter 12.2
"That is not what I meant and you know it, Gorgon," the woman blinked as Vergil called out her species. He turned so his full body was facing her as he spoke, "What do you expect me to give you in return for this 'gift'."

Her expression fell but she kept the smile on her face. She turned to fully regard Vergil one hand still on the counter, "You're one of the new guys, right? The Librarian? I think I saw the other guy stop here and carry out a whole pizza once. You know him?"

"That would be my witless brother. Why do you ask?"

"Brother?" the female looks shocked. Then her eyes narrow as she looks Vergil up and down. Realization dawns on her as she snaps, "Oh yeah. Now I can see the resemblance. Though, I'd say you got the looks of the fam-"

"Enough with idle pleasantries and platitudes," Vergil didn't even hide his annoyance, "What do you want?"

The female's expression fell further. Her smile disappeared as she pushed herself off the counter. She shrugged, "Fine. Fine. If you're gonna be rude about it. My name is Hitomi Ishigami. I'm the Art Teacher here. My specialty is stone carving. I was wondering if you or your brother would be interested in being a new model. Perhaps this weekend when the students are in their dorms?"

Vergil considered the woman's suggestion. He looked at the bottle of water, then at his ramen, then at the clock on the wall in the Lounge. His break was only meant to be half an hour. Cooking the ramen should take about three or so minutes. Then it would take him a minute to find a suitable place to eat. Some place secluded, without others to bother him, and with enough ambiance to allow him to think clearly about his next moves. If he took the woman's offer, that would shave minutes off his time. If he said no, he would have to either settle for boiling tap water or search for a water bottle of his own. The latter would likely take him longer.

"...Fine. But I request that we do so tomorrow after school."

Hitomi blinked in surprise, "So soon?"

Vergil turned towards the electric kettle, took the top off, then grabbed the water bottle off the counter. He spoke to Hitomi without looking at her and unscrewing the top, "Unlike you, I have important matters I must see to this weekend. Thus I'd rather we finish our deal as soon as possible. Unless you cannot acquire the supplies you need despite being the Art Teacher?"

He glanced at her out the corner of his eye while pouring the water into the kettle. He had already set the temperature perfectly, so now all that was needed was waiting for the water to boil. Hitomi's mouth opened wide at how Vergil so casually dismissed her, while also agreeing to her proposal without issue. All for a bottle of water. She shook her head then cleared her throat, "Um, yes. I can. I shall see you tomorrow then."

Vergil hummed without looking at the Art Teacher. She stuck around for a few moments until she realized that he was not going to give her any more of his time. Clicking her tongue, she turned and walked out of the Lounge. Vergil was aware that a few of the other teachers had stopped to stare at his back, but he didn't care. He was focusing on his rapidly heating water.

Precisely three minutes later, he had a bowl of ramen ready to eat along with chopsticks. He calmly made his way out of the Lounge and through the halls...dragging a folding chair behind him. He would need a place to sit after all. He was accosted by a few more female students, and one or two males trying to challenge him to a duel. He ignored or avoided these people. He had a lunch to get to. In his search for a place to eat, he ended up finding the perfect spot. A place that was far enough from the school that no one would bother him, but close enough that he wouldn't be completely off the grounds.

He easily unfolded the folding chair so that his back was to the school. He sat down and opened up his ramen. The still-hot meal let out steam that carried the scent of pasta, egg, and broth with it. He sighed with contentment as he took his chopsticks and grabbed a long roll of ramen in between them. He pulled it up towards his mouth then-

"Comin' through!"

Instincts honed from years of fighting demons kicked in. He quickly sat back while holding his lunch up as high as he could. A few feet away from him, Dante came speeding passed with the human boy and Moka Akashiya under his arms. He looked to the side and winked, "Hey Vergil! Bye Vergil!"

Then he was speeding away as fast as his legs could carry him.

Vergil shook his head with a sigh, "That brother of mine."

He brought his ramen down, ready to get back to eating it-

"Get back here!"

Once again, he raised his ramen up to protect it.

This time, Kurumu came racing by right in front of Vergil. Her passing kicked up sand, pebbles, and dust that fell over Vergil's body. The succubus didn't even slow down as she continued to chase after his twin. Vergil let out a sigh, lowering his ramen while ignoring the dust on his clothes. He'd deal with that later. Right now, he had food to eat.

He reached for his chopsticks with his right hand...only for a few pebbles that got into his sleeves to fall into the broth.

"...."

Vergil stared at his now ruined lunch.

Then he stood up, held the bowl in his left hand, summoned the Yamato in his right, then slowly made to follow the succubus and his brother.

"Get back here!"

Dante rolled his eyes, skidding to a stop near one of the walls of the main part of the school. He put Lover Boy and Fangs down, the two teens falling to their knees after being carried by Dante for who knows how long. As Tsukune started to cough and Moka shook the dust out of her hair, Dante turned around to face the rapidly approaching blue-haired succubus.

"Does that girl know when to quit?" Dante shook his head with annoyance. He had been planning to give Blue the slip way earlier than this. But the girl just wouldn't stop following them. He doubted she was actually as fast as he was, but he couldn't exactly go full speed carrying Lover Boy and Fangs with him. Didn't wanna give them the worse case of whiplash ever. He was going to just drop them off at their class, but then the Lunch Bell rang. Just his luck.

So, he decided to take this outside. Hoping that the wide open space would give him more room to lose the girl. But apparently, she held one heck of a grudge. Or her succubus nature gave her a GPS when it came to guys. He'd have to ask Nevan about that later. Right now though, he needed to find a way to handle this.

"H-H-How about...we just talk to her?" Lover Boy suggested, getting to his feet. He placed both hands on his knees, words coming out between heavy breaths, "I'm...I'm sure she'll listen...if we just try."

"I'd-I'd like that," Moka said, brushing dust off her skirt. She looked up at Kurumu and frowned, "As long as she doesn't get too close to Tsukune though."

"Already marking your territory, huh Fangs?" Dante said with a smirk. The girl and boy both blushed while he turned to face the oncoming Blue, "But I don't think she's gonna listen to us. No one runs like that unless they're possessed of some great purpose."

"And what purpose is that?" Moka asked him.

Dante shrugged, "Heck if I know. But it probably has something to do with Lover Boy over that. You do anything to get her attention?"

Tsukune wilted under the combined stares of Moka and Dante. His mind went back to earlier when Kurumu had done...something to him. He could only remember his mind getting hazy and her pressing her b-boobs against his chest. He didn't really know what happened after that...save for how Moka ran off looking upset. He turned away while laughing nervously, "I-I-I have no idea. Hehehe...heeeee."

Dante shook his head again. Any further conversations were interrupted by Kurumu finally catching up to them. She skid to a stop, her arms flailing about while she tried to regain her balance. She nearly fall over but managed to right herself on one foot. She planted both of her feet, then started panting with her hands on her knees. She pointed her finger towards the three, "F...F...Finally, stopped running like cowards have you!"

"Look, Blue," Dante started while waving a hand through the air, "How about you just forget this and head on to lunch? Don't want to miss out on the good eats in the lunch room. Heard they're gonna have pizza one time."

"Really?" all three teenagers asked in unison. Moka looked excited, Tsukune's mouth was watering, and Kurumu actually let her angry expression fall. But that only lasted for a second.

She shook her head then took a stance while pointing a finger at Moka, "No way! I'm not gonna let you trick me! I've come too far to let this chance slip up now. I will prove I'm better than you Moka Akashiya."

"Uh, Kurumu, I don't really want to do this. Why can't-"

"Shut up!" the succubus snapped, making Moka shrink back. Her reaction only made Kurumu angrier. She seemed to point at Moka even harder, "See? You're supposed to be a vampire, yet you're shrinking away from a direct confrontation. How could any be attracted to you and not me?"

"H-Hey, leave Moka alone!" Tsukune spoke up, though his cracking voice made him sound less confident than he meant to. He still continued to speak up, "She's fine as she is. I-I like her just fine. A-A-As a friend!"

Moka smiled at Tsukune's words, but Kurumu just got angrier. She stomped her foot, "That's exactly what I'm talking about! Oh, that's it! I'm done being nice."

Dante felt power start gathering around the succubus. He shook his head and called out, "Don't do it, Blue. You'll regret it."

Kurumu ignored him as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her fingernails grew into long thin claws, while bat-like wings sprouted from her back. A spaded tail came out from her her skirt while the air around her whipped into a frenzy. She flapped her wings and took to the air, brandishing her claws with an angry scowl on her face, "Everyone's getting in my way today. First, it was that Librarian, then Moka, and now whoever the hell you are! I've had it! I'm taking Tsukune and beating Moka Akashiya if it's the last thing I do!"

Tsukune started panicking, arms flailing as he looked up at the now airborne Kurume, "Wha-What-What is going on?"

Moka moved to stand next to Tsukune, arms held out while she stared up at Kurumu. When Tsukune stopped panicking to look at the vampire standing in front of him. She kept her eyes on Kurumu while she shouted in a trembling voice, "I-I-I'll protect you Tsukune!"

"Moka-san," Tsukune's voice was filled with awe. Dante nodded at the vampire, while he got ready himself. He didn't want to hurt the girl, obviously. He was just gonna give her a good disciplinary chop to the back of the head. That should be enough to-

A chill ran through the air.

Kurumu froze in midair.

Moka and Tsukune felt their blood run cold.

Dante face-palmed. He groaned as he turned his gaze toward the path they had come from, "That's not good."

"Wh-Wh-What is that? What is this feeling?" Moka's trembling had grown worse. Her knees were knocking together and her whole body was shivering in fear. Her, Tsukune, and Kurumu all had their eyes focused on the path they had come from...and the slowly approaching figure in the distance.

"That?" Dante said, jerking his thumb in that direction. At Fangs and Lover Boy's nods, he turned back, "That's my brother. And he's pissed."

Last edited:
Especially once the theme music has begun!

Tsukune: Does he have that song play all the time?

Dante: Yes.

I'm pretty sure the theme music only kicks in when Vergil's properly motivated.

If you manage that and your name's not Dante or Nero, you probably deserve the ass beating you're about to experience.

"That is not what I meant and you know it, Medusa," the woman blinked as Vergil called out her species. He turned so his full body was facing her as he spoke, "What do you expect me to give you in return for this 'gift'."

"That is not what I meant and you know it, Gorgon," the woman blinked as Vergil called out her species. He turned so his full body was facing her as he spoke, "What do you expect me to give you in return for this 'gift'."

Random change in address between chapter halves. Minor thing, all said, just figured I'd point it out. Also, the bolded "in" is missing is 12.1.

Finally, the school shall learn to be wary when the storm is approaching.

Random change in address between chapter halves. Minor thing, all said, just figured I'd point it out. Also, the bolded "in" is missing is 12.1.

Finally, the school shall learn to be wary when the storm is approaching.

That's on purpose.

Basically, the R+V Wiki using Medusa and Gorgon interchangeably, but someone pointed out that Gorgon works better. So I changed that.

And only Tsukune is stupid enough to stand between Vergil and his revenge. Nice knowing him too.

Yeah See Vergil has a line one that moves depending on the situation as long as you don't cross it you have a good chance to survive his presence.

But never forget Vergil is a murderer he has killed people for being rude to him in the past.

He threatened someone at sword point for simply trying to talk to him before.

Unless Dante gets in the way I fully expect him to attempt to kill the succubus.

If Tsukune gets in the way the best he can hope for is getting stabbed non fatality. Like getting rub through and Vergil purposely missing the major organs and blood vessels.

Chapter 12: An Overreaction
Vergil placed the last returned book for the day back on its shelf. He stepped away from the shelf and then took a moment to look at the arrangement of the books. They were all non-fiction, each with detailed histories of the various Yokai races. Exactly what the tomes entailed depended upon the author. Some had the tone of research papers. Books that were made to tell history without any embellishments or bias to be had. Others were, more or less, primarily focused on detailing how "amazing" and "wonderful" the lands of Yokai used to be before humans or other Yokai showed up.

He had read through them in his off time. Mainly for information gathering. Seeing if there was any point in this world's history where someone from a completely separate dimension arrived in it. If there were, then Vergil could further look into them and see if and how they got back to their world. See if there were any hidden methods to make pinpointing the exact location of their home dimension easier.

Sadly, he was proven wrong. Though he was upset, he was certain Dante would make light of the situation. He would smile and point out how the two of them were "The first unlucky bastards to be sent to this place from somewhere else!"

Vergil grimaced, turning away from the shelf when he was certain all the books were in alphabetical order. He heard the school bell ring twice, indicating that it was time for the students to go to class or lunch. For him, it singled his lunch break for the day. He easily made his way towards his desk, briefly adjusting his collar with a hand. It wasn't hot, he just felt the need to do so. He easily slid into the seat behind his desk and opened up one of the drawers. With a hand, he pulled out a bowl of "Instant Ramen" that the lunch lady had given him for some reason. He wouldn't complain about being given sustenance for free. While he may not necessarily need to eat, doing so would ensure that his body remained energized for future conflicts.

He got up, the bowl of readily made ramen in his hands as he made his way towards the exit. None of the students in the library got in his way as he walked passed them. None even bothered looking at him. They only continued to read their books as their backs shook with fear. Vergil paid them no mind as he opened the library doors.

"Now then," he said to no one in particular, heading towards the nearest kettle he knew of, "To the Teacher's Lounge."

"Um, excuse me?"

Vergil kept walking but slowed enough to let the owner of the voice catch up to him. He glanced to the side to see one of the female students keeping pace with him. Her face was red and she kept staring at the ground. Her brown hair bounced with her every step, alongside the tied box lunch in her hand. She kept her gaze on her feet as her mouth opened and closed, no words leaving her lips. Vergil chose to ignore her after the fifth time she failed to communicate what she called out to him for. He began to speed up when he heard more footsteps coming up from behind him.

Taking a step to the right, he let another female student fly passed him. She skidded to a stop in front of the two with two bagged lunches in her hands. She was barely hiding her true nature. She wore gym clothes and her face was that of an actual dog's. She stepped in front of Vergil and held out both of her bags, "You! Me! Lunch! Together!"

Vergil gave the girl points for directly stating what it is she wanted with him. But, that didn't mean she was going to get a pass. He held his ramen up in one hand, while his other summoned the Yamato out of thin air. Ignoring the surprised gasps of the two girls, he gave the Inugami in front of him a firm strike on the head, "You are meant to maintain your human form at all times. Consider this a warning."

The Inugami whimpered, backing up and both hands going to her head as Vergil walked passed her. He heard a "poof" behind him, followed by more footsteps. The Inugami appeared at his side, her face much more human than before. She holds up both of the bags, "Done. Now will you come-"

The other girl moved over and interrupted the Inugami. Her nervousness seemed to disappear in the fact of a potential rival. She started to speak, "Mitsuki-san-I-I got here first! I was going to ask him to eat with me."

"I saw, and you were kind of sucking at it, Iji" Mitsuki said matter-of-factly, "So I was gonna do it instead."

The newly named Iji gasped in shock. She began to form a response to Mitsuki, but Vergil didn't hear it. As he had already turned the corner and made it to the door to the Teacher's Lounge. Said room was what he expected from a school based on Japanese High Schools. Multiple desks with a few dividers here and there for privacy. He saw a few of the teachers there, usually in human form eating lunch of their own. Thankfully, the kettle set up against the wall on a countertop wasn't occupied at the moment.

Without skipping a beat, he placed the bowl in his hands on the counter near the device. He had almost taken the covering off when he realized that he had forgotten something. Water. Fresh, clean water. Not tap that he could get from the nearby sink. Water that was kept in a bottle and, preferably, not refrigerated so it would be at the perfect temperature for this purpose. He cursed under his breath, admonishing himself for forgetting something so basic. Especially with how he managed to prepare for this the other day.

He admonished himself while thinking of what to do. But his thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of a plastic bottle hitting the counter. His eyes moved to his right to see a bottle of water, not yet opened and free of any condensation, sitting next to his ramen bowl. One eyebrow rose as he turned to regard the one who had placed the water bottle there. It was a female teacher who seemed to be in her early 30s or late 20s. And while Vergil had known that the dress code for teachers was rather lax, he doubted even Dante would think what she was wearing was appropriate.

She wore a tube top with slim jeans, pumps on her feet, a golden necklace, and a bandana over her long braided hair. All of it didn't really seem appropriate for a teacher. He's certain he would've mistaken her for a student if she wasn't in the Lounge. The only part of her ensemble that he understood was the long trench coat she wore. And that was only because of the paint stains that covered the article from top to bottom.

"Seems like you forgot something," her voice was light and teasing, one of her fingers pointing towards the water bottle on the counter, "so, I thought I'd help you out."

Vergil stared the woman down. He didn't even acknowledge the water bottle as he did so, "What do you want?"

The female smiled smugly, "I want to give you some water for your ramen."

Her expression fell but she kept the smile on her face. She turned to fully regard Vergil one hand still on the counter, "You're one of the new guys, right? The Librarian? I think I saw the other guy stop here and carry out a whole pizza once. You know him?"

"That would be my witless brother. Why do you ask?"

"Brother?" the female looks shocked. Then her eyes narrow as she looks Vergil up and down. Realization dawns on her as she snaps, "Oh yeah. Now I can see the resemblance. Though, I'd say you got the looks of the fam-"

"Enough with idle pleasantries and platitudes," Vergil didn't even hide his annoyance, "What do you want?"

The female's expression fell further. Her smile disappeared as she pushed herself off the counter. She shrugged, "Fine. Fine. If you're gonna be rude about it. My name is Hitomi Ishigami. I'm the Art Teacher here. My specialty is stone carving. I was wondering if you or your brother would be interested in being a new model. Perhaps this weekend when the students are in their dorms?"

Vergil considered the woman's suggestion. He looked at the bottle of water, then at his ramen, then at the clock on the wall in the Lounge. His break was only meant to be half an hour. Cooking the ramen should take about three or so minutes. Then it would take him a minute to find a suitable place to eat. Some place secluded, without others to bother him, and with enough ambiance to allow him to think clearly about his next moves. If he took the woman's offer, that would shave minutes off his time. If he said no, he would have to either settle for boiling tap water or search for a water bottle of his own. The latter would likely take him longer.

"...Fine. But I request that we do so tomorrow after school."

Hitomi blinked in surprise, "So soon?"

Vergil turned towards the electric kettle, took the top off, then grabbed the water bottle off the counter. He spoke to Hitomi without looking at her and unscrewing the top, "Unlike you, I have important matters I must see to this weekend. Thus I'd rather we finish our deal as soon as possible. Unless you cannot acquire the supplies you need despite being the Art Teacher?"

He glanced at her out the corner of his eye while pouring the water into the kettle. He had already set the temperature perfectly, so now all that was needed was waiting for the water to boil. Hitomi's mouth opened wide at how Vergil so casually dismissed her, while also agreeing to her proposal without issue. All for a bottle of water. She shook her head then cleared her throat, "Um, yes. I can. I shall see you tomorrow then."

Vergil hummed without looking at the Art Teacher. She stuck around for a few moments until she realized that he was not going to give her any more of his time. Clicking her tongue, she turned and walked out of the Lounge. Vergil was aware that a few of the other teachers had stopped to stare at his back, but he didn't care. He was focusing on his rapidly heating water.

Precisely three minutes later, he had a bowl of ramen ready to eat along with chopsticks. He calmly made his way out of the Lounge and through the halls...dragging a folding chair behind him. He would need a place to sit after all. He was accosted by a few more female students, and one or two males trying to challenge him to a duel. He ignored or avoided these people. He had a lunch to get to. In his search for a place to eat, he ended up finding the perfect spot. A place that was far enough from the school that no one would bother him, but close enough that he wouldn't be completely off the grounds.

He easily unfolded the folding chair so that his back was to the school. He sat down and opened up his ramen. The still-hot meal let out steam that carried the scent of pasta, egg, and broth with it. He sighed with contentment as he took his chopsticks and grabbed a long roll of ramen in between them. He pulled it up towards his mouth then-

"Comin' through!"

Instincts honed from years of fighting demons kicked in. He quickly sat back while holding his lunch up as high as he could. A few feet away from him, Dante came speeding passed with the human boy and Moka Akashiya under his arms. He looked to the side and winked, "Hey Vergil! Bye Vergil!"

Then he was speeding away as fast as his legs could carry him.

Vergil shook his head with a sigh, "That brother of mine."

He brought his ramen down, ready to get back to eating it-

"Get back here!"

Once again, he raised his ramen to protect it.

This time, Kurumu came racing by right in front of Vergil. Her passing kicked up sand, pebbles, and dust that fell over Vergil's body. The succubus didn't even slow down as she continued to chase after his twin. Vergil let out a sigh, lowering his ramen while ignoring the dust on his clothes. He'd deal with that later. Right now, he had food to eat.

He reached for his chopsticks with his right hand...only for a few pebbles that got into his sleeves to fall into the broth.

"...."

Vergil stared at his now ruined lunch.

Then he stood up, held the bowl in his left hand, summoned the Yamato in his right, then slowly made to follow the succubus and his brother.

"Get back here!"

Dante rolled his eyes, skidding to a stop near one of the walls of the main part of the school. He put Lover Boy and Fangs down, the two teens falling to their knees after being carried by Dante for who knows how long. As Tsukune started to cough and Moka shook the dust out of her hair, Dante turned around to face the rapidly approaching blue-haired succubus.

"Does that girl know when to quit?" Dante shook his head with annoyance. He had been planning to give Kuru the slip way earlier than this. But the girl just wouldn't stop following them. He doubted she was as fast as he was, but he couldn't exactly go full speed carrying Lover Boy and Fangs with him. Didn't wanna give them the worse case of whiplash ever. He was going to just drop them off at their class, but then the Lunch Bell rang. Just his luck.

So, he decided to take this outside. Hoping that the wide open space would give him more room to lose the girl. But apparently, she held one heck of a grudge. Or her succubus nature gave her a GPS when it came to guys. He'd have to ask Nevan about that later. Right now though, he needed to find a way to handle this.

"H-H-How about...we just talk to her?" Lover Boy suggested, getting to his feet. He placed both hands on his knees, words coming out between heavy breaths, "I'm...I'm sure she'll listen...if we just try."

"I'd-I'd like that," Moka said, brushing dust off her skirt. She looked up at Kurumu and frowned, "As long as she doesn't get too close to Tsukune though."

"Already marking your territory, huh Fangs?" Dante said with a smirk. The girl and boy both blushed while he turned to face the oncoming Kuru, "But I don't think she's gonna listen to us. No one runs like that unless they're possessed of some great purpose."

"And what purpose is that?" Moka asked him.

Dante shrugged, "Heck if I know. But it probably has something to do with Lover Boy over that. You do anything to get her attention?"

Tsukune wilted under the combined stares of Moka and Dante. His mind went back to earlier when Kurumu had done...something to him. He could only remember his mind getting hazy and her pressing her b-boobs against his chest. He didn't really know what happened after that...save for how Moka ran off looking upset. He turned away while laughing nervously, "I-I-I have no idea. Hehehe...heeeee."

Dante shook his head again. Any further conversations were interrupted by Kurumu finally catching up to them. She skid to a stop, her arms flailing about while she tried to regain her balance. She nearly fall over but managed to right herself on one foot. She planted both of her feet, then started panting with her hands on her knees. She pointed her finger towards the three, "F...F...Finally, stopped running like cowards have you!"

"Look, Kuru," Dante started while waving a hand through the air, "How about you just forget this and head on to lunch? Don't want to miss out on the good eats in the lunch room. Heard they're gonna have pizza at some point."

"Really?" all three teenagers asked in unison. Moka looked excited, Tsukune's mouth was watering, and Kurumu actually let her angry expression fall. But that only lasted for a second.

She shook her head then took a stance while pointing a finger at Moka, "No way! I'm not gonna let you trick me! I've come too far to let this chance slip up now. I will prove I'm better than you Moka Akashiya."

"Uh, Kurumu, I don't want to do this. Why can't-"

"Shut up!" the succubus snapped, making Moka shrink back. Her reaction only made Kurumu angrier. She seemed to point at Moka even harder, "See? You're supposed to be a vampire, yet you're shrinking away from a direct confrontation. How could any be attracted to you and not me?"

"H-Hey, leave Moka alone!" Tsukune spoke up, though his cracking voice made him sound less confident than he meant to. Nevertheless, he continued to speak up, "She's fine as she is. I-I like her just fine. A-A-As a friend!"

Moka smiled at Tsukune's words, but Kurumu just got angrier. She stomped her foot, "That's exactly what I'm talking about! Oh, that's it! I'm done being nice."

Dante felt power start gathering around the succubus. He shook his head and called out, "Don't do it, Kuru. You'll regret it."

Kurumu ignored him as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her fingernails grew into long thin claws, while bat-like wings sprouted from her back. A spaded tail came out from her her skirt while the air around her whipped into a frenzy. She flapped her wings and took to the air, brandishing her claws with an angry scowl on her face, "Everyone's getting in my way today. First, it was that Librarian, then Moka, and now whoever the hell you are! I've had it! I'm taking Tsukune and beating Moka Akashiya if it's the last thing I do!"

Tsukune started panicking, arms flailing as he looked up at the now airborne Kurume, "Wha-What-What is going on?"

Moka moved to stand next to Tsukune, arms held out while she stared up at Kurumu. When Tsukune stopped panicking to look at the vampire standing in front of him. She kept her eyes on Kurumu while she shouted in a trembling voice, "I-I-I'll protect you Tsukune!"

"Moka-san," Tsukune's voice was filled with awe. Dante nodded at the vampire, while he got ready himself. He didn't want to hurt the girl. He was just gonna give her a good disciplinary chop to the back of the head. That should be enough to-

A chill ran through the air.

Kurumu froze in midair.

Moka and Tsukune felt their blood run cold.

Dante face-palmed. He groaned as he turned his gaze toward the path they had come from, "That's not good."

"Wh-Wh-What is that? What is this feeling?" Moka's trembling had grown worse. Her knees were knocking together and her whole body was shivering in fear. Her, Tsukune, and Kurumu all had their eyes focused on the path they had come from...and the slowly approaching figure in the distance.

"That?" Dante said, jerking his thumb in that direction. At Fangs and Lover Boy's nods, he turned back, "That's my brother. And he's pissed."

Kurumu turned around, eyes going wide as she saw Vergil walking towards her. His pace was slow but the sheer aura of anger he was exuding was immense. To the point where, despite being more than twenty paces away, she still felt like she was in danger. Forgetting about Moka for the moment she prepared herself for whatever he was planning to do. She told herself it would be fine. While she wasn't sure what the man was, she didn't think he had wings. She just had to stay in the air and she'd be fine.

Her eyes locked onto Vergil, watching and waiting to see his next move. Then he stopped when he was twenty paces away from her. She braced herself as his head tilted upwards. His anger-filled gaze met hers and sent shivers down her spine. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off when a blue object appeared right next to Vergil's head.

She blinked and it flew toward her. Panicking, she slashed at the air with her claws when it got close enough...only to gasp as the object suddenly turned into Vergil. His weapon flashed and she cried out as his sheathed sword shattered her nails with a single strike.

Her shock only lasted for a second.

And that's because within the next the air had been driven from her lungs as Vergil hit her directly in the stomach with his sheathed weapon. His attacks didn't let up. Despite being in mid-air he managed to launch a flurry of sheathed sword blows at the airborne succubus. An overhead strike knocked her head down, followed by an upward swing that sent her chin upward. A horizontal blow to her right side that she knew would bruise. A diagonal blow rocked her left shoulder and made one of her wings go limp.

The entire time, Tsukune and Moka could do nothing but watch from below as Vergil beat Kurumu ceaselessly in mid-air. Not only because it was happening in front of them. But because neither of them could understand it. Moka pointed a shaky finger up at the two, "V-V-Vergil...he's....he's-"

"Beating the crap out of Kuru? Yeah," Dante said already, rushing forward, "And I'm gonna go stop him before he goes too far. You two stay put. This is a family matter."

"Wait! Wait! Dante!" Tsukune, worry filling his heart, started running after Dante. Moka called his name and began running after him too. But neither of them were fast enough to keep up with the red-cloaked Devil Hunter. Still, they managed to move quick enough to get within ten paces of where Vergil was. Above them, Vergil grunted while slamming his sheathed blade down on the succubus' head. This time he didn't bother stopping her as she plummeted toward the ground. She landed with a grunt of pain, folding in on herself while her hands cradled her stomach.

Tears fell from her eyes, blurring her vision as she tried to push herself up. She only managed to get to all fours before the pain made her freeze in place. She turned her head up at the sound of footsteps, finding Vergil towering over her with his baleful gaze locked onto her. She heard her heartbeat quicken as he put the bowl (that he had held onto the entire time he was beating her) onto the ground.

"I told you once before," his tone was ice cold and made Kurumu's body temperature plummet. It only got worse as he pulled his blade from its scabbard, "The only reason you still had legs to walk on, was because I didn't wish to stain my blade. However, considering what you did to my lunch. I will make an exception."

Kurumu's eyes went wide. Her life flashed before her as the Yamato's blade shined in the mid-morning sun. She couldn't do anything save close her eyes as it flashed down.

The sound of steel hitting steel rung through the air.

Kurumu opened her eyes in shock and saw two things that made her heart stop.

The first was Dante, wielding a giant blade of obsidian in his hand. He held it casually while holding the Yamato back.

The second, and thing that took up her focus, was the sight of Tsukune and Moka standing with both arms out to the side. Protecting her from Vergil's attack.

"I think that's far enough, brother of mine," Dante's tone was light, but there was an edge to his voice. He leveled his stare at Vergil, not even cowed by his brother's glare. One of his eyes moved to the side to look at Tsukune and Moka, "Thought I told you two to stay put. What are you doing here?"

"He-He was gonna k-k-kill her!" Tsukune shouted. His entire body was trembling and sweat fell from his head like a waterfall. He couldn't take his eyes off the blade in Vergil's hand, but he still yelled, "I-I had to do something!"

"Y-Yeah! And staff shouldn't hurt their students!" Moka said though it sounded more like she didn't know what else to say. Kurumu, either from the pain or shock, couldn't say or do anything. She just stared at the three people standing between her and certain death.

Vergil ignored the two teens standing in his way. He instead focused on Dante, "Dante. Move."

Dante shook his head, "No way. While Kuru's kind of a pain, I'm not in the business of sitting back and watching kids die. Especially not when my brother, who is supposed to have turned over a new leaf, is about to do it for seemingly no reason."

Dante took a step forward, his Devil Sword scraping against the blade of the Yamato. The tension in the air was palpable as the two brothers stared each other down. Dante showed his teeth as he spoke, "Now, how about you tell your little brother what started all of this?"

Vergil frowned, then his eyes fell to the ramen bowl in his left hand.

A few silent moments passed by as he contemplated what had happened.

Then he closed his eyes and let the tension in his body fall. When he spoke, it wasn't with the same anger he had before. It was with an immense amount of shame, "She ruined my lunch."

Dante blinked.

Moka and Tsukune both shouted, "Huh?!"

Kurumu fell forward onto the ground. Not from the pain of her injuries. But the shock of the reason behind why she had gotten them.

Dante blinked again.

Then he smiled, put his sword up, then walked around Vergil, and patted him on the back. He spoke in a carefree tone of voice, "Vergil. Brother. Twin. Older siblings. Pal of mine. Father of my nephew. You do realize that I'm not gonna let you live this down and that I get to do something punishing to you for this right?"

Vergil remained silent.

"I'll take that as a yes."

He then sucker punched Vergil in the jaw.

Apparently, Virgil needs to eat ramen to give him what little common sense for his brain.

It's more one of those grains of sand things.

Vergil was already annoyed with all the bullshit he had to deal with getting to lunch, not to mention Kurumu's earlier attempt to charm him.

When his lunch got ruined, that tipped it over.

Vergil was already annoyed with all the bullshit he had to deal with getting to lunch, not to mention Kurumu's earlier attempt to charm him.

God, I know that feeling.
You get so mad at something that you know deep down is a small, insignificant thing, but its just the latest in a series of irritations that you just POP as it were.

This lunch already costed him a favor, uhu.

Chapter 13.1
A knock on the door brought Kurumu out of her medicine induced fugue. Her uniform ruffled as she pushed herself up with her elbows, wincing as her body throbbed in pain. Her frame was covered head to toe in white bandages, matching with the white sheet of the bed. Her wings, tail, and claws were hidden, making her look like a normal student. Her tone was anxious as she called out, "C-Come in."

The door slowly opened up a crack. Once it was wide enough, Tsukune poked his head through the opening. He glanced around the room before his eyes fell onto the only occupant, "Kurumu?"

"Tsukune?" Kurumu replied, sitting up straighter. Her eyes sparkled a bit, "You came to see me?"

He nodded and Kurumu's great mood only improved. That was until another person made themselves known. Poking her pink haired head through the crack, Moka stared right at Kurumu with a bright smile. She waved at the succubus, "Hi, Kurumu! We both came to see how you were doing."

Kurumu's mood fell slightly. She slumped a bit as her eyes narrowed, "Oh, you're here too Akashiya."

Tsukune pushed the door open to let Moka inside. He followed the vampire in, closing the door behind him and being careful not to drop the plastic bag in his arm. Kurumu glanced at the bag curiously, but her attention was soon taken by Moka standing at the side of her bed. The vampire looked her up and down, side to side, and even pulled the cover up a bit to look underneath. The injured girl pulled the blanket away and glared at Moka, "What? You looking for something to make fun of? Well too bad. The nurse said that I'll be fine as long as I take it easy."

"So...you're gonna get better?" Moka asked, completely ignoring the annoyed tone in Kurumu's voice.

"Of course I will! No thanks to that white haired jerk! Who does he think-urk!"

Kurumu was suddenly pulled into a crushing hug by the vampire. Caught off guard, she was unable to react as Moka started to rub her cheek against her own. She held the succubus tight with her eyes closed as she spoke, "Oh thank goodness! I'm so glad you're gonna be alright, Kurumu!"

"H-H-Huh?" Kurumu asked, totally confused by the vampire's actions. She remained still, eyes blinking as Moka continued to hug her close. Tsukune walked to the other side of the bed, pulling out a chair to sit in as he watched the girls with a small smile on his face. After a few moments, Kurumu's eyes moved to look at Moka. Her confusion was evident in her voice, "Wait you're...you're happy I'm gonna be OK?"

Moka pulled away from Kurumu, tilting her head in confusion, "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because I'm your rival? I tried to kill you earlier. And I said I was gonna take Tsukune away from you," Kurumu pointed out, making note of how Moka's arms were still around her shoulders.

Moka pursed her lips and tapped a finger against her chin. Her brows furrowed as she thought about Kurumu's words. She slowly nodded, "Yeah. That...did upset me."

"Then why-"

"Because," Moka interrupted, eyes closed as her smile returned full force, "I want to be your friend."

"Friend? But...I'm your rival! I'm trying to prove I'm better than you," Kurumu said, not understanding Moka's words in the slightest.

Moka just shrugged, "But that doesn't mean we can't be friends, right? I'd really like it if we were. Because you seem like a good person, Kurumu."

Kurumu's mouth hung open as she stared at the beaming smile on Moka's face. She swore the vampire was glowing so brightly that she had to shield her eyes from the radiance. She turned to look at Tsukune, as if he would have an answer for why the vampire was being so kind. But all he was look sheepish at the succubus' stare. Wanting to avoid looking at the confusing vampire, Kurumu spoke to the boy, "Then why are you here?"

"Well...I was worried about you. Just like Moka was," Tsukune said while rubbing the back his neck, "Especially after what happened."

The mood in the room turned sour. All three students turned their gazes toward the floor. Kurumu's hands gripped her blanket as she thought back to what happened. After Dante punched Vergil, he grabbed the Librarian by the collar. Then he told Tsukune and Moka to help Kurumu to her feet. He led them to the nurse's office and told her what had happened. When she heard the explanation, she seemed almost ready to lunge at Vergil with the scalpel in her hand. She only reason she didn't was because Dante promised that he would make sure Vergil was "properly punished for pulverizing one of his precious pupils." Tsukune and Moka left her in the room, while Dante took Vergil off to who knows where.

"A-Anyway," Tsukune said, reaching into the bag he was carrying, "We know you probably missed lunch. So, we decided to bring it to it."

"Huh?" Kurumu's confusion only grew. Then it turned to surprise as Tsukune pulled a medium sized square box out of the bag. When he opened it up steam wafted out of the cardboard with a familiar smell following it. Kurumu gasped as she recalled the delicious scent, "P-Pizza?"

Indeed, within the cardboard box was a medium sized pepperoni pizza. Completely intact and ready for consumption. Floored by the revelation, Kurumu turned her gaze onto Tsukune. The boy smiled, "Turns out, Dante was telling the truth. They put pizza on the lunch menu. Though, they said it would only be for today and special occasions. So-"

"Me and Tsukune got one for all of us to share!" Moka said as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

Kurumu could only stare at the two students with awe. Her body wouldn't listen to her, nor would her heart stop beating in her chest. She could only ask one simple question of the two, "Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you being so nice to me?"

Moka and Tsukune shared a look. Then they both nodded with smiles on their faces. Without hesitation they both said aloud, "It's what friends do, right?"

Kurumu froze in place. For a moment, she didn't react to their words. Tsukune and Moke shared a worried look, wondering if they had said something wrong. Then the succubus body started to shake. The two other students quickly asked her if anything was wrong. But Kurumu simply shook her head. Then she raised her head and gave the two a bright smile as tears of happiness streamed down her face.

"Th-Thanks you, two," she managed through her sobs of happiness, "I'd...I'd love to be friends with you two."

Then she reached forward and grabbed a slice of pizza. With smiles on their faces, Moka and Tsukune did the same.

The pizza tasted three times as good to them all.

"Could you please, repeat that, Dante? Why did you drag Vergil by his collar to my office?"

"Because, Gramps," Dante said while patting his sulking brother on the back, "He nearly killed a student because she ruined his lunch."

Mikogami blinked in disbelief.

... Virgil really is a cat.

You KNOW he's skilled/strong enough to not get immediately knocked out/overpowered and dragged to the office against his will by Dante without a knock-dowm, drag out fight that everyone would notice, so that means he was just grumpily allowing it after the kids escaped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back