• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

DoppleGanger Damacy Bootleg Redux! Quest (D&D 3.5/pathfinder)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

So SB has horrendous lag. this is something lots of people know.
I've got a mildly popular quest...

mkire

Lee-ko is adorable
You wake up. The world around you is dark, with millions of tiny lights overhead and a great shining disk that outshines all the others, yet seems pale. You are alone. You feel a ravenous hunger. You are in some sort of canyon, the walls are about five times as tall as you and made of a cracked grey stone, sandstone fills the cracks. the ground is made of the same thing the walls are.

There is a thing on the ground, it smells bad and is as large as you are. it is breathing.

You must eat.

What do you do?
[x] EAT! EAT! EAT!
[x] write-in
---
You're a mutant doppleganger, you start out weak but every time you eat something you grow stronger, smarter, and learn more.

So SB has horrendous lag. this is something lots of people know.
I've got a mildly popular quest over there called doppleganger bootleg quest, i write updates to it about once a week.
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doppleganger-damacy-bootleg-quest-or-omnomnom-d-d-3-5-pathfinder.258808/

Doppleganger quest will continue in one form or another. I'm giving options to the players on what the QQ version will be.

[z] A mirror that can be used when SB is unaccessable
[z] An entirely new game with the same premise.
[z] New Game Plus!
[z] Some sort of genius write-in that is totally awesome.

Mutant Doppleganger:
medium aberration
HD 1d10+0 (current hp 10 ,total HP 10)

AC 9 ( -1 dex)

Speeds:
Base speed 30 ft

Statistics:
Str 8 (-1)
Dex 8 (-1)
Con 10 (+0)
Wis 8 (-1)
Int 8 (-1)
Cha 8 (-1)

Saves:
reflex -1 (Base 0, -1 dex) (No Progression)
Fortitude -1 (Base 0, -1 con) (No Progression)
Will -1 (Base 0, -11 wis) (No Progression)
To Hit
Melee -1 (+0 base, -1 str)
Ranged -1 (+0 Base, -1 Dex)

Initiative: -1 (-1 dex)

Attacks:
Bite: +-1[1d4-1 slashing],
fists: -6 [1d4-1, bludgeoning]

Skills:
Stealth -1/+7 in forests) (-1 dex, +8 racial in forests)

Abilities, feats and special qualities:
Devour (Ex): you may consume the body of something that has been killed in the last minute or that you killed in the last hour in order to take upon some of its strengths or abilities. Doing so will also heal you for one HP.
Frenzy (Ex): When near death or when your hunger becomes too much to bear you will fall into a mindless frenzy, attacking everything nearby until there is nothing still alive besides you. you will then eat your kills.

Personality traits, background, other RP stuff.
Personality traits:
HUNGRY! 10: Your driving motivation is your endless hunger. you have no use for anything that does not further the goal of eating something.

Physical description:
doppelganger+color+300ppp+jmcr.jpg

[X] A mirror that can be used when SB is unaccessable

[X] An entirely new game with the same premise.

[X] hunt down some animals for food.

Since I can barely ever got on to access the original I say.

[z] A mirror that can be used when SB is unaccessable

I'm lazy, so, since QQ interprets
Code:
[x]
as 'I'm making a bullet point list', I'm using the letter z inside my brackets. I will accept either [z] or [X] as valid markers for votes.

[X] An entirely new game with the same premise.

So the winner is new game with same premise.

You awaken. you are in
[z] Dirty, smelly canyons five times taller than you, there are millions of tiny lights above, outshone by a pale white disk.
[z] A forest, it is very dark and you can barely see anything.
[z] long, tall grass surrounds you, the occasional tree can be faintly seen in the dim light given by a pale white disk and millions of tiny lights in the sky.
[z] in a cave, you cannot see anything besides small bright spots generated by some glowing plant.
[z] The rocks here are red, it is hot, so hot that you must find water or food soon or you surely will die. you can hear squealing animals of some sort, and in the far distance you see a wide expanse of a bright glowing red thing. you think it might be liquid.
[z] write-in

[z] long, tall grass surrounds you, the occasional tree can be faintly seen in the dim light given by a pale white disk and millions of tiny lights in the sky.

running two quests with identical premise?

seems like a bad idea, but what do i know?

also about to dive into the first version, but the original thread doesn't have a table of contents.

iamnuff said:
running two quests with identical premise?
seems like a bad idea, but what do i know
also about to dive into the first version, but the original thread doesn't have a table of contents.

first version has an index in the third post, it's simply a numbered list. I haven't added to it for a while, but it covers at least before the months long hiatus it had.

Awesome. Even if we get eaten by wolves, we get to respawn as a wolf! And then eat peasants.

... Let's be the Big Bad Wolf, shall we?

I'm currently waiting for a tie-breaker vote, if i don't get one by tuesday i'll flip a coin.

mkire said:
I'm currently waiting for a tie-breaker vote, if i don't get one by tuesday i'll flip a coin.
... What?

The vote is three to one, isn't it? [Checks]
MrGazzer said:

Silversun17 said:

Larekko12 said:

Vindictus said:

Yup. Three to one.

Let's make it 4:1.

through the leaves up above you can see an occasional light, and a pale white disk is the only reason you can see anything at all. You hear a loud hissing sound at your feet and without thinking strike with your fists. you can feel a rigid carapace give way under the force of your mighty blow. the hissing stops and you eat your first meal

You hunger, this was not enough. not nearly enough. you want more!

What do you do?
[z] you can barely see anything, but you will hunt
[z] make a nest and sleep.
[z] write-in

Pick One
Dark Vision 60 Ft (EX) (Your eyes will grow larger.)
Tremorsense 60 Ft (EX) (you will grow thousands of tiny hairs and your feet will lengthen, allowing better contact with the ground)
Climb Speed 20 Ft (Your fingers will grow longer and your palms will gain tiny hooks, enabling you to easily grip surfaces so that you may climb them)
Dexterity 17
Con 10
Wis 10
Weapon Finesse
Small Monstrous Spider body

so uhh, does anyone know how to generate links to posts? I want to make an index of some sort, but cannot do so, 'cause i don't know how here.

[X] Dark Vision 60 Ft (EX) (Your eyes will grow larger.)

Let's track down more spidahs.

Spidahs have lots of fun stuffs to play with.

Vindictus said:

Let's track down more spidahs.

Spidahs have lots of fun stuffs to play with.
Like dat Dex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back