• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

DoppleGanger Damacy Bootleg Redux! Quest (D&D 3.5/pathfinder)

Right, taking it from the top. Doppleganger Bootleg Redux! Take two
[z] A forest, it is very dark and you can barely see anything.
through the leaves up above you can see an occasional light, and a pale white disk is the only reason you can see anything at all. You hear a loud hissing sound at your feet and without thinking strike with your fists. you can feel a rigid carapace give way under the force of your mighty blow. the hissing stops and you eat your first meal

You hunger, this was not enough. not nearly enough. you want more!

What do you do?
[z] you can barely see anything, but you will hunt
[z] make a nest and sleep.
[z] write-in

Pick One
Dark Vision 60 Ft (EX) (Your eyes will grow larger.)
Tremorsense 60 Ft (EX) (you will grow thousands of tiny hairs and your feet will lengthen, allowing better contact with the ground)
Climb Speed 20 Ft (Your fingers will grow longer and your palms will gain tiny hooks, enabling you to easily grip surfaces so that you may climb them)
Dexterity 17
Con 10
Wis 10
Weapon Finesse
Small Monstrous Spider body

What do you do?
[X] you can barely see anything, but you will hunt
-[X] Small prey, like squirrels or small birds

Pick One
[X]Dark Vision 60 Ft (EX) (Your eyes will grow larger.)

mkire said:
you look like the picture i posted in the character sheet, and as a mutant doppleganger, you've lost your shapeshifting powers for the ability to eat stuff and take on a trait that the thing you ate had in life.

oh, thats a shame.

playing as an actual shape-shifting predator would be cool.

iamnuff said:
oh, thats a shame.
playing as an actual shape-shifting predator would be cool.

you can give up your current form and turn into whatever you ate last, and should you eat enough you it is possible to regain shapeshifting.

MrGazzer said:
So, can we start again?

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=291.msg33079#msg33079

Yeah, I assumed you guys wanted to start in the forest again, and posted round two.

Okay.
It would more then likely be best to be a bit meatier. All the nice stuff can come later so
[X]Con 10

[X]Con 10

[z] Make a nest and sleep
[z] Con 10
you feel your body strengthen and toughen as you clamber up into the trees. there you use broken branches and leaves to make a crude nest and settle in for a nap...

You awaken and it is bright, a searing yellow disk in the sky that pains you to look at provides the light you need to navigate your new home. You are ravenous, you need to eat

What do you do?
[z] Find prey
[z] Look for predators, they will surely be delicious
[z] Improve your nest
[z] Find a different location to nest in
[z] Write-in

[X]Find Pray, if possible stay on high ground.

[z] Find Prey.
you consider for a moment attempting to run through the treetops, but decide it would be much safer to descend to the ground and hunt there. you wander the forest for an hour before hearing the cries of a wounded animal. you follow the sounds it makes and find
Fawn_Trillium385x576.jpg

What do you do?
[z] EAT!
[z] Find other prey
[z] write-in

So is anyone else going to vote, or shall i assume everyone is fine with 'paranoia and eating'?

I have no problem with 'Paranoia, then food'... But this is almost certainly not a trap. If a predator wanted to lure something in to eat, then first it would EAT THE DEER, and then it would leave some bloody scraps of meat to bring in scavengers.

... Actually.

[X] Eat.
-->[X] Make a point of leaving some scattered viscera around, then climb up a tree and wait for small scavengers to arrive. While they're distracted by the lure, kill and eat them.
-->[X] Make sure to leave some more scraps at the end, to lure more stupid foodbeasts in.

I like this idea. It's a good idea.
I vote for it.
[X] Eat.
-->[X] Make a point of leaving some scattered viscera around, then climb up a tree and wait for small scavengers to arrive. While they're distracted by the lure, kill and eat them.
-->[X] Make sure to leave some more scraps at the end, to lure more stupid foodbeasts in.

[z] eat
- [z] Cleverness with scraps
You fall upon the prey with wailing fists and tearing teeth, the sounds of your conflict with the prey cause the forest around you to go silent. you wrench its neck and slay it before beginning to consume its delicious flesh. the scent of blood fills the clearing and you wrench yourself away from the carcass before you devour it all. you spread the remains around the clearing and then climb up into a tree to wait. the forest returns slowly to normal as you wait, before you hear the grunts of a large animal approach your location

What do you do?
[z] Stay, you will surely slay this animal and devour its flesh.
[z] Leave, It sounds bigger and meaner than you.
[z] Write-in
---
pick one:
Dex 13
Str 10
wis 14
+1 natural armor (you will grow thick fur all over your body)
Low Light Vision (Your eyes will grow larger)
Scent (Your face will sprout a nose.)
Poor save progression (any one)
poor base attack progression
Feat: Dodge (Will not be active without Dexterity 13 or higher)
Feat: Mobility (Requires dex 13 or higher, Dodge, to work)
Feat: Run (when running, multiply speed by 5 instead of 4)
+4 racial bonus to perception (You will grow ears)
+4 racial bonus to swim
+4 racial bonus to stealth
+8 racial bonus to stealth when in forests
Stealth becomes a class skill
Perception becomes a class skill
1 rank stealth
1 rank perception

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Stay, but only to take a look at this grunting thing, if it seems to big a thing to eat or fight, try and slip away.
[X]+8 racial bonus to stealth when in forests
Very useful.

[X] Stay and watch the grunting thing for a moment. What is it?

I'm betting it's a pig, or a herd of pigs. A bit larger then what I expected, but not undefeatable.

[X] +8 racial bonus to stealth when in forests

[X] Stay, but only to take a look at this grunting thing, if it seems to big a thing to eat or fight, try and slip away.
[X] +4 racial bonus to stealth

Not quite as good as +8, but more useful for a future day when we aren't in the forest.

Vindictus said:
I'm betting it's a pig, or a herd of pigs. A bit larger then what I expected, but not undefeatable.

I suppose wild boar would be something you could possibly defeat nevermind, boar'd down you in one good hit with the tusks. +4 to hit, damage 1d8+4. but it wasn't what i was thinking about when i wrote 'you hear the grunting of a large animal approaching.'

mkire said:
I suppose wild boar would be something you could possibly defeat nevermind, boar'd down you in one good hit with the tusks. +4 to hit, damage 1d8+4. but it wasn't what i was thinking about when i wrote 'you hear the grunting of a large animal approaching.'

I was thinking a pig, not a full-on boar. Not that a feral hog would be easy to wrangle- Texas wild hogs grow up to eight hundred pounds, with some outliers reaching a thousand or more, and they're mean ass fuckers.

But an average sow and some piglets? That would have been workable.

... Now, if it's not a pig? The only thing I can think of is a Bear. Which is bad news, honestly.

Which with a plus 8 to stealth we can slip away if need be.
I don't think we're leaving the forest anytime soon so we should be fine with it.

It appears we have a Consensus.
I have to say, Forest is much more clever then Alleyway.

[x] Stay and watch
[x] +8 forest racial stealth

your skin shifts colors to a mottled brownish red, and you instinctively know how to hide and move unseen in this forest. you shift your position in the tree you have climbed in order to improve your hiding place and wait. a moment later you see this shuffle into the clearing and begin eating all the bait you left in the clearing.

What do you do?
[z] EAT!
[z] stay quiet, maybe it won't notice you
[z] Flee, this predator could easily slay you
[z] write-in

Size/Type: Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (19 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+6
Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d4+4)
Full Attack: 2 claws +6 melee (1d4+4) and bite +1 melee (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +4, Listen +4, Spot +4, Swim +8
Feats: Endurance, Run
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 4–5 HD (Medium)

Right so for every ones benefit, here are it's stats, think it's worth it?

I for one,
[X] Slink away, using all our stealth, that is big and scary and we can find smaller pray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back