• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dr. Wily Quest: The Zero Wars

Hm... yeah, WAR adapter seems most topical.
GiftofLove, I'm changing my vote, and what you did proxies your vote to me. Just thought I'd make sure you know.
shaderic, a capability that Zero's true targets won't see coming beyond simply directly upgrading will be valuable to the mission.
Seru Biigoh Happerry, there sure is a lot of not fixing Zero's insanity going on in your votes. There doesn't have to be.

[X] Go and break in to the Robotics Museum Roll 4d15+4
[X] You have Cooking Masters. This can only mean one thing. IRON CHEF. TOURNAMENT.
[X] With help from Protoman, You've managed to make this possible in your predicted time frame. It's time to kick off the dust from your programming skills and remove that tiny mistake you made oh so long ago.
[X] WAR Adapter Cost 16

The cost is just a little bit out of our range. Better to have all the resources necessary then do so.

*Rubs temples* I also noted in my votes that I was abstaining on voting on upgrades.

Hm... I'm kind of curious as to how many people are going to realize that we're fucking with them with this Literal Iron Chef thing. :D

[X] You have Cooking Masters. This can only mean one thing. IRON CHEF. TOURNAMENT.
[X] With help from Protoman, You've managed to make this possible in your predicted time frame. It's time to kick off the dust from your programming skills and remove that tiny mistake you made oh so long ago.

Also, Beerman better be getting us a cold one, and Proto Man whatever the hell it is he likes to drink (Can that boy drink, if not, time to make him able to. He is old enough to have that awesome responsibility.) once we finish.

And the we are going drink Light under the damn table once we save the world.

Axl Attacks, and oh yeah Zero wakes ups but mostly Axl Attacks.
It's been strange on how all of your plans have been going off without a hitch. Something isn't on the up and up now. It would be one thing entirely if you were being sneaky, then you might have gotten away with your plans for a month or so. But, no one has been interfering for half a year. Someone has done something sneaky and you don't like it. You've upped your patrols and had Shademan out and about looking for something, anything out of ordinary. You can feel that someone has pulled something and you don't know what. It's bothering you.

On the other hand the Robot Museum went well, besides a few snags here and there. Sure you didn't get as much as you could have possibly get. A few over eager security robots saw to that, but you did manage to round up a few of your old toys from the previous Wily Wars. Such as an nearly intact core from one of your Devils. It also had your Wily Machine from the 3rd war. Some enterprising curator went out of his way to fix it up. You'll have to thank the man eventually. You also grabbed another copy of Gutsman, because who wouldn't want another copy of Gutsman, he's one of your favorites after all.

Afterwards, Shademan had found out one of your Sniper Joe's never came back from a base raid a month or so ago. Which, is concerning because as far as you know, the same amount of Sniper Joe's came back as went out.
You went into some what of a panic trying to figure out how exactly this came about. It could be some sort of camouflage bot. Who managed to spoof a signal perfectly, even to the point where none of your Robot Masters noticed. So, you might have some sort of assassination robot sneaking around. IN YOUR BASE.

Okay, you can deal with that. You know it can spoof Robot Master signals. That means it's got to be smarter then any generic robot. Thus, it's got to be Robot Master level at least. From there you know that it can't mass much more then a Sniper Joe. Since it could fake being one. You know how much you could fit in a Sniper Joe frame, so it can't have that much fire power in comparison. Unless it's got something like Protoman's core and at that point what can you really do?

Ignoring the screaming paranoid voice saying that it could totally have a core like that, you have Shademan signal to all of the Joe's and humanoid robots of that size to go to storage and shut down. It'll put back in production for a few hours but that keeps the infiltrator from being able to blend in as easy. Okay, what would be the objectives if you were programming it?

1. Kill or capture, Dr. Wily if possible.
2. Damage means of Robot Master production
3. Damage as many Robot Masters as possible.
4. Blow up the base
5. Steal whatever information it can.

Okay, using that mental guideline of what it might be doing you've figure out how to deal with this. Robot Masters will be set out in groups of two, have several of them protect the power core and anything that could get the base blown up. You don't have to worry about the information because nothing you've got is new besides Zero and that isn't accessible anywhere besides where Zero actually is.

So your job is to go finish Zero now. His lab is both the most heavily guarded and secret place you've got.

You keep forgetting how much of a mess Zero's coding is. Part of it is your choice of hiding exactly how you programmed him from other people, and the other is that you aren't the best at programming either. Not that you'll admit it to Light.

It could be worse. Okay, sure, it took Protoman pointing out exactly where you fucked up. But it's not like he's programmed to help debug robot master code. Oh wait he is. So you've finally isolated and fixed that little snippet that drives Zero nuts. All you need is to finally turn Zero on. Of course you are going to be standing on the other side of this nice blast window. Just in case you managed to fuck something else up this time. But it should be totally fine. Sure Protoman is calling you a coward but it's not like he's in the testing room either.

Periodically, you've stopped work to check to make sure your Robot Masters aren't smashed to bits while you've been busy. So far everything is going fine. Protoman just says that you're procrastinating on activating Zero. That isn't true at all, You're trying to be through and making sure nothing is going wrong while you finish Zero. Protoman on the other hand just sighs and tells you to get on with it. And mumbers something you didn't quite hear. It probably was something about cowardice but, you'll ignore that for now.

You look at the button and with hesitance born from knowing exactly what you are unleashing onto the world press. Hundreds of various feeds pop up on the monitors behind you as Zero boots up. Zero rises up out of his pod and you can hear the whirs of motors being initialized as his body goes through start up checks. It's now to late to run. You calmly walk into Zero's room.

"Good morning Zero. How are you feeling."

Zero is clenching and unclenching his fists as his eyes are cycling through various colors.

"Good morning, Doctor. Diagnosis checks are coming in satisfactory. I feel good."

Zero starts to stretch out. Warming up various parts you imagine. Already this is much better then the last time you activated Zero. You'll have Zero do a few tests then you'll activate his built in weaponry. You may be mad but you aren't stupid.

"I know you might find this boring but I need to run some tests. Zero, could you please walk over to that table pick up that egg, and then put it into the egg holder on the table on the other side?"

"Sure thing, Doctor."

His movements are very fluid, lifelike. If you didn't build him yourself you'd think he was a human. Of course someone with good enough ears might hear the subtle whirl of machinery. Of course, Dr. Light and Cossack could more then likely tell on sight from their own work.

He manages to move the egg first try. Which is spectacular. Especially considering the last time you did these tests he ended up splattering all of the eggs you had and then smashing the table into a million tiny bits while laughing insanely. It has to be at least a thousand times more successful this time.

Protoman is silently preening. He thinks it's entirely his own work here. Bah,You'd have eventually figured it out without his help.

The comms system comes on.

"Doctor, I believe I have found the subject. It's still in the form of a Sniper Joe. I'm preparing to take him down now."

"Yeah about that, I can't let you do that Shademan."

In a flash the Sniper Joe has fired directly into the motors controlling Shademan's wings. A flash of light covers the change from Sniper Joe to a teenage looking robot. Shademan crashes down into the floor.

"Shademan, Dr. Wily's head of security. Taking you down would remove a important piece from the board. So even if it's not in my directives for this mission you're going down. RAD-01 Axl is here to take you in."

Axl spins a pair of pistols around on his fingers before smiling.

"Try to keep up."

The teen robot back dashes away from the vampire stylized robot as various robots start piling in from all corners.

"All this for me? You shouldn't have."

A targeting module pops up over one eye and then, before Shademan can even react fires off several shots bouncing them off the helmets of mets around him into vital weak points of the other more important robots around him. Some even slam into Shademan's back.

Wily and Protoman are watching the Monitors.

"Protoman, does that design remind you of someone? Because to me, that looks remarkably similar to the designs for Zero's generation. X, Median, and Zero all have similar body designs and proportions to this Axl."

"Which is interesting considering that all of them are a massive secret to everyone. Do you mind if I take over the comms system for a bit. I have some questions for Axl."

Protoman reaches over and sits at one of the chairs. You know he can just project over the loud speakers but, you figure he's letting you hear what he's asking as well.

"Hey, RAD 01 right? So what does that stand for? "

Axl stops blasting at Shademan and his robots for a few seconds to reply.

"It stands for Red Alert Detective. I'm supposed to be designed for police work. Not police action like this. This would be my brothers specialty. I get what they want me to do. But it doesn't make sense. I'm supposed to be part of a squad. Where are my brothers? I should have a bunch of stupid younger brothers. But I've not heard of them or about them. I know they should exist. I've got all these protocols. I haven't even seen the.."

The teen robot is wracked with spasms as a device on his helmet emits some kind of energy and knocks him onto the floor.

"Hey that was a cheap shot Shademan. I was talking to Protoman. But fine I'll finish with you before I finish my chat with Protoman."

Axl's eyes are glowing an eerie red color.

"Your dossier included the fact that you were weak to Springman's weapon? I'm not sure how I'd duplicate that effect, So I'm just going to blow everything to bits. I think that should cover it right?"

Axl's dual handguns begin shifting into dual handheld grenade launchers.

The explosions that you hear over the comms are quite concerning, considering the rapid fire pace and the lack of reloading that's going on. Okay, your prior analysis is faulty. Somehow they managed to get a model that's more like Zero or X, than any of your Robot Masters. This is a bad thing, well it would be if you didn't have Zero awake and listening to you. And from what you can tell as well, this Axl isn't quite as under control as the military wants. You can work with this.

You'll need Zero armed and ready to fight.

"Well, I was hoping for a longer training time before sending you into battle Zero, but at the moment we really don't have much of a choice. I'm going to unlock your weapons systems. Protoman call everyone and tell them to pull out. Continue to monitor Axl's position but don't engage at all. He's stronger then any of them."

"Bass isn't going to like that at all."

"At this point, that doesn't matter at all. I'd rather hurt his feelings instead of have to rebuild him again."

"Okay, Shademan, I know you can't keep this up for much longer. … OH yeah I remember now. I know exactly how to deal with you. I hope my brother won't mind me stealing his special weapon too much."

The twin grenade launchers change once more into a pair of revolvers and his color shifts to a more gun metal shade.
Dr. Wily blanches. He's got a copy of Megaman's Variable System. Okay sure, Zero, Median, X, Bass, and Roll have a copy of it but.. okay it'd be pretty easy to find a copy of it some how.

"How did he say that again? Twelve bullets, enough to stop any robot that moves? Eh, I'll ask him later."

"Okay, Shademan, just to be nice I'm going to call my shots. Try to block, okay?"

He raises his revolvers up.

"Right arm second joint. Left arm first joint. Right leg ankle. Left shoulder joint."

Axl is just picking apart Shademan at this point. You don't have any clue what to do except hope Zero makes it there quickly.

"You're a massive fucking dick, did you know that you cocksucker. Stop attacking my fucking sibling."

Bass kicks Axl in the back of the head as hard as he can. And rapid fires into the back of the now prone robot.

"Hey, idiot, call a few of your robots to pull you out of here. I'm going to show this fuckface why I'm the strongest Robot Master there is."

"You should have kept attacking. Or checked if I was actually down."

Axl flips over Bass and touches Shademan, proceeds to round house kick Bass in the face as hard as he can.
"Bass, one of Wily's special projects." Axl's voice oozes with sarcasm. "I remember my exact orders for you. It was something like, ignore worthless robot that always loses to Megaman. I wasn't even ordered to try to take you in. They figured you'd end up destroying yourself if they let you. You're more hassle then you're worth. I mean I should just disengage rather then waste my time with you."

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU."

Axl combat rolls out of the way.

"Of course, now that I've engaged you, I might as well take you out. Now, what was your weakness? It was one of the Seventh Numbers right? Who was it again? Oh wait, it's Shademan, how about that and he's right here and I've already got his weapon. I'll offer you one chance to back down Fishman."

Bass dashes forward and blasts Axl before he can change weapons.

"Oh, no, you have my weakness, whatever shall I do? I can't remotely fight back. Just shut the fuck up, you second rate Zero copy. I'm going to beat this into your head. I'm Dr. Wily's finest creation. His masterpiece. So bow your head and beg for forgiveness, because maybe in the next life, you won't be a gigantic tool."

Bass fires a charge shot directly into Axl's chest armor and activates the booster in his right leg as he slams his knee into Axl's face.

"What was the first thing you shot out on Shade? His Right Arm right? Let's just find out just how well made your frame is now.' Bass smiles as he grabs hold of Axl's arm and attempts to shatter the joint.

"Where's the big talk, I thought that you were supposed to be some kind of.."

Axl flips Bass onto the ground as his eyes glow purple and his guns shift to a weird raygun shape.

"Sonic blaster is now integrated, thank you for your patience, and yea I am some kind of. Now, I'll offer you another chance to come quietly. I've been told getting hit with your weakness hurts a lot."

"You know, you aren't even remotely intimidating. Maybe it's the fact you look like a girl. Also, you forgot to account for two very important things."

"Really? From what I can tell, you don't have anything left."

"One, I'm a robot master, and two, TREBLE FETCH."

The Wolf shaped robot comes out nowhere and slams into Axl hard. All while attempting to rip off one of Axl's arms with his powerful jaws.

*Crunch*

Various types of hydraulic fluids spurt out of his arm.

"Is that the sound of your arm servos being crushed? Because it certainly sounds like it to me. I've been told that hurts a lot."

"It does actually."

Treble gets sent flying towards Bass slamming both of them into the hallway's wall. Cradling his right arm as it visibly starts fixing itself.

"You know, I was being nice, sure I was being a jerk but I gave you multiple chances to give up. Now I'm going to have to start breaking things."

Axl kicks Treble off Bass and starts firing at the downed robot. His eyes glowing red.

"Bass, the strongest of Wily's robots and you're still a weakling."

A flash and Bass is no longer there.

"Wait wha"

And then Zero kicks Axl in the face hard enough to shatter, and knock out his teeth.

"Who the fuck are you?"

Zero deigns not to answer, well answer with words. He picks up Axl by his leg and slams him through a reinforced concrete wall. Pulling out one of the pipes from the wall he drags it on the floor and grins maniacally at Axl.

"You were not in the files, Seriously who the fuck are you?"

Zero impales Axl to the ground with the pipe and shatters one of his legs with a stomp.

"Doctor, how intact did you want this robot?"

"You can break another limb or two if you want. I want him offline for now."

"Will do."

The last thing Axl see's is Zero's grinning face.

Okay that's over. That was a terrifying hour, but now this Axl is being brought to your lab for you to work on. He's interesting. You can already tell that he's not from this time period. No one could hide him from you. So the military has been playing with the time skimmer again. Well, you'll just have to go break that into a few million tiny bits and destroy any blue prints they have on it.

In all that mess you've forgotten that you set your cooking masters out. You have to wonder how that's going on.
You open up the feeds. Oh, that's interesting. They challenged Megaman to a cook off and he lost. Well he never was meant to cook. He was an laboratory assistant after all. So Roll is going around trying to defeat your cooking masters. Well, apparently Megaman is sulking right now but, it's a good distraction you guess.

One more month until you finish the dimensional cracker and hopefully save the world from an idiot's madness. You have so many ideas and things you need to do.

Total Resources 10
+40 Due to Bass Winning that Tournament. You guys thought I forgot didn't you?

Software
Upgrade Weapon Mastery Cost 6
[] Use data from a prior Robot Master enhance Zero's skill with the Z saber
[] Use data from a prior Robot Master enhance Zero's skill with the Z buster

Skill Creation Cost 12
[] Using data from a previous Robot Master create a new skill that Zero can use with all his weapons.

Weaponry
Weapon Enhancement Cost 12
[] Use data from a prior Robot Master to enhance Zero's Z Weaponry.
Pick the Robot Master to be used and Weapon to be enhanced.

New Weapons
[] The Z Tonfa Cost 4
For when Zero needs to beat face without slicing it apart.
[] The Z Warhammer Cost 8
For when you really need to drop the hammer
[] The Cossack Launcher Cost 10
For when you need to make things explode

Armor Enhancements
[] Personal Shielding Cost 12
Utilizes what you saw from Cossack's War Machine's Tactile force field to enhance Zero's armor.

Super Adapter
Cossack has given you ideas on how to improve the Super Adapter System with his newfangled ideas. Using his shiny new ways of doing things you now have a good idea on how to make the adapter system break the world over it's knee.

[] ZOOM Adapter Cost 16
The Zoom Adapter is the Previous Fast Adapter mixed with anti personnel equipment such as mines and utilizes a rapid fire version of the buster. It would increase Zero's base speed, but decrease Zero's ability to fight more heavily armored foes.

[] DIVE Adapter Cost 16
The Dive Adapter is an enhanced version of the Swim Adapter. It's enhanced with several suites of Anti Aquatic Warfare weapons and software. It's increased abilities in the water are obvious and so are the decreased abilities out of water.

[] JET Adapter Cost 10
The Jet adapter is an enhanced version of the previous Fly Adapter. It's enhanced with several suites of Dogfighting and Anti Air Warfare weaponry and software. It's increased aerial abilities are at the cost of Armor.

[] SUPER GATTAI Cost ???

[] Cossack Adapter Cost 20
The Cossack Adapter allows one to deploy the Adapters as separate units apart from the main one.

Resources
[] Dig up some old ruins. 4d20+5
[] Ransack the Time Skimmer Base. 5d25+9
[] Relieve the Company of some valuable assets.6d30+6

Plots
[] Write In?

Zero is already showing how he is a masterpiece that will transcend age.

[X]Plan Basic Upgrade Package

[X] Personal Shielding Cost 12
[X] JET Adapter Cost 10
[X] The Z Tonfa Cost 4
[X] The Cossack Launcher Cost 10
[X] Use data from a prior Robot Master enhance Zero's skill with the Z saber - Quickman
[X] Use data from a prior Robot Master enhance Zero's skill with the Z buster - Airman
Cost 12

Last edited:
So, what's this Company that's so powerful that raiding them only became an option with Zero and so rich that pillaging the world's armies pales in comparison to raiding them?

Zero still seems to be a bit of a sadist. Worrying.

I have a plan for upgrades, but anyone else have a plan for operations? I have an inkling of an idea to send Zero out to humanize him, get him used to society.

GiftofLove, we have 50. Though with my plan we'll use 48 of them.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Zero is a Boss
[X] Software
-[X] Use data from a prior Robot Master enhance Zero's skill with the Z saber
--[X] Quickman
-[X] Use data from a prior Robot Master enhance Zero's skill with the Z buster
--[X] Bass
[X] New Weapons
-[X] Z-Tonfa
[X]Armor Enhancements
-[X] Personal Shielding
[X] Adapter Powers
-[X] Cossack Adapter Cost 20

Cost: 48 Resources
[X]Ransack the Time Skimmer Base. 5d25+9

[] Plot
-[] Eh, both Megaman and Bass can have some fun, make a group of Vacation Masters to distract the two of them.

Would my plot be okay?

Last edited:
sidenote plz pick said Robot Master you want.

So, do we have some kind of plan for after we deal with the dimensional problem?

Last edited:
[X] Plan counter-adaptation
-[X] DIVE Adapter Cost 16
-[X] JET Adapter Cost 10
-[X] The Z Tonfa Cost 4
-[X] Personal Shielding Cost 12
-[X] Super Gattai Cost ???

[X] Ransack the Time Skimmer Base. 5d25+9

[X] Try to convince Light that you're not planning to deploy Zero for your usual supervillainy and he doesn't need to skimp on his creation's bug testing. You of all people know how important that is.

Cost: 42+???
I just know that there's going to be things that require flight and swimming.

Oh yeah, I never did tell you guys which robot masters he stole did I?

ThunderboltMan
ShieldMan
DragonMan
JetMan
TankMan
SteelMan
SonicMan
CarrierMan

Ok, time for plan Redon
Let's get some help and bring our old sons up at the same time.

[X] Personal Shielding Cost 12
[X] JET Adapter Cost 10
[X] The Z Tonfa Cost 4
[X] The Cossack Launcher Cost 10
[X] Using data from a previous Robot Master create a new skill that Zero can use with all his weapons. Cost 12> FlashMan

Resources
[X] Call a meeting with all our sons.

(Work in progress (Since my time is constrained and being Wily is hard, anybody willing to help is welcome) in which Latewave is free to modify the speech to be Wily if I can't come up with something before the next update, basic points being seeking volunteers from the past Robot Masters to be upgraded to help fight in the upcoming war, one from each generation for now because time and resources are limited, of which they will form teams to find the resources needed for their upgrades).

"Now my sons, we are about to go to war with a foe unlike any we have faced before. But at the same time we will soon have an opportunity unlike ever before. So I am looking for volunteers to go to war with me. None of you are required to do so but I would like one of each generation to step up to the challenge coming ahead, I will upgrade you to the challenge you will be facing but I need resources to do so. Go forth and find them for me and I the great Dr. Wily will do everything in my ability to make you ready."

We have beat Mega Man now that Zero is ready, let's get him some serious backup to make this a completely unfair fight.

Wily's secondary specialty is mass warfare, let us show these Zero's exactly what that means to face Robot Masters.

Last edited:
Oh hey this is back sweet will need to vote in the morning but mother FUCKING Axl what

Come on, join me in sending 8 Robot Masters to back up Zero and the other heavy hitters with Wily's favorite brand of mass confusion while getting his objective done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back