• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

DRAGONS REBORN: The Era After SI (GOT story

Holy fuck I just realized. Fucking Illyrio was for sure the one to pay the Guild of Black and White. Funny thing is so far history doesnt even remember him, other than prolly a cheesemonger or something. Hell the SI's death seems more important than this fat fuck.

Chapter 8
Chapter 8

Robert Baratheon, son of Steffon Baratheon, was named the Lord of Stormlands in the later vestiges of the rule of King Aerys when his father died of consumption. In his youth, the young Lord had been famous for his voracious appetite for wine, women, and war. Lord Steffon sought to have his son fostered by another Lord to curb his bad habits and initially chose the aged Mord Arryn, yet it never came to be.

In a surprising turn of events, the King would offer to foster the young Bratehon, and Lord Steffon would jump at the honor, more trusting of the cousin he had been a friend of than the older Lord Arryn. So, the young Lord would leave for Kings Landing, for his fostering. King Aerys would raise the boy like a son, labor hard to curb the boisterous young man's bad habits, and achieve mixed results. The King would succeed in instilling a sense of duty in the Baratheon lad, yet the young Lord always tended to be led astray whenever he was out of the man's eye.

Perhaps knowing that, the King would also arrange a reasonable match for the young Baratheon. A match he would later be found describing as.

'The old man chose her to keep an eye on me!'

CERSEI LANNISTER

In the stormy lands of the Durandon kings, it was a rare morning as the sky remained clear with no hint of a raging storm. On the shores of the Stormlands stood the ancient fortress of Storm's end with its singular defiant Drumm tower overlooking the bay, which had a number of ships broken and cracked bound to it.

Men were rushing towards the castle in hoards as the sounds of men drilling permeated the lands. However, inside the ancient fortress, the chambers of the Lady of Storms' Ends were filled with serenity as the golden-haired lady Cersei Baratheon nee Lannister sat on her bed, nursing the young little girl in her arms. She was pale, and her hair was disheveled, yet even in such a state, one would have to be blind to ignore the great beauty of the West.

And if nature ran its course, the young bundle with shimmering golden locks in her hands would grow up to rival her mother. Cersei Lannister smiled as she saw her daughter sleeping soundly. Her birth had been rather tricky, yet seeing the little babe in her arms made it all worth it.

"Hello, little one," she cooed as she rocked the babe in her arms, happy that Robert had let her choose their daughter's name. She had to choose Joanne, in memory of her recently departed mother, Lady Joanna Lannister.

Cersei had yet to fully recover from her labors, so a maid stepped forward and spoke slowly.

"My lady, may I take the young lady to her room so you can rest?" yet Cersei shook her head. It was the first time she had gotten to hold her daughter. She did not want to let go of her just yet.

So, she shook her head as she dismissed the maid.

"No, I shall take care of her for some time," then she turned towards the servant.

"Where is Robert?" she questioned, and the maid answered dutifully about the location of the Lord of Storm's End.

"My Lady, he went to the docks with the Prince in the morning. He also took young lord Ormund with him," and Cersei nodded and looked out the window at the fully risen Sun. They would be coming back soon.

"And what about Steffon?" she inquired about her younger son, named after Robert's father. The boy was leaner than his elder brother and preferred the company of books rather than the war hammer. Ormund took after his father more than her and was growing up to be as large as his father, blessed with the same monstrous strength he preferred the war hammer much to Robert's joy. Yet Steffon preferred a sword, much like his uncle though Cersei would wager her son was better at his letters than her twin.

"My lady, he is out training in the yard. He came to check on the young lady in the morning before going to the yard, he came to check on you as well, but you were resting at the time," and Cersei nodded and dismissed the maid as she finally focused on the sound of metals clacking reaching her room.

This wasn't the first time she heard these sounds. It had been years now though she remembered hearing them previously as well. Yet this time, it was as if the sounds were angrier, and they should be. War had been thrust upon them. Their enemies had struck first. It was now widely speculated that King Aerys had been assassinated, and a whole conspiracy was at play once more.

King Aerys Targaryen, considered by many to be the greatest King after the Conciliator himself. The man was a friend of her and Robert's father and had brokered her marriage to him, despite her father's will to have her married to the Prince. Cersei had complex feelings about the man, for he broke her dream of being a Queen, but her marriage with Robert had been a suitable arrangement by him.

As her mind wandered to the late King, she missed the sound of the door to her room opening and Robert entering her chambers. She broke out of her trance when she felt a comforting hand on her shoulder. She looked to the side and found her husband standing there with a smile on his face.

"What's on your mind?" he questioned her as he sat by her side. She shook her head.

"Nothing. When did you come back, the servants told me you were at the docks with the prince?" she questioned as she looked him over, neither missing the distinct smell of the Arbor Gold nor the little flushing of his face.

"Just now. We were unloading some of the important cargo so he could finally leave for Kings Landing. Aemon plans to leave by sundown, I will be sending a team of guards with him to guard him on his route. We cannot take any risk in these times."

And she did not miss the balling of his fists as he said that. King Aerys had hit Robert hard, for the man had been like a second father to him, and his sudden death had taken him by surprise. Yet that was no reason for him to forget himself.

Robert's eyes went to the little bundle sleeping in her arms, and as he reached for her, she swatted away his arm.

"Not like this. I can practically smell the wine on you," she rebuffed him and watched as his eyes widened at having been found out. There was a look of guilt on his face, yet she shook her head.

"Hahaha, me and Aemon just drank a bit from one of the vintages he brought from his voyage. In honor of the King, you see. To honor him," and she nodded sarcastically.

"Forget about it. Just be careful in the future. You know what the healer told you. Drinking excessively could kill you," she chided him once more in a concerned tone. The King had been rather strict with him in regard to his drinking habits, and those teachings remained effective to this day, yet he still needed some remaindered here and then again.

"Will you be leaving with the Prince as well?" she suddenly asked, handing him his daughter. Robert smiled as he cooed at the sleeping child before he replied to her.

"No, Ormund will accompany him for the funeral. I have other duties," and she nodded. The war had two fronts at this time, and they were closer to the second front.

The Stepstones.

"How is Prince Aemon?" she asked about the young prince. Prince Aemon had been one of her prospective matches. The King cared equally for his sons and had gone against tradition and had granted his second son a separate seat of power. In these circumstances, a match with Prince Aemon would only be marginally worse than a match with the crown Prince.

Robert's smile dropped, and he shook his head as he told her of his friend. Robert shared a closer bond with the younger Prince Aemon than with the older Prince Rhaegar.

"He is distraught and angry. Half his fleet was destroyed by that fucking Euron Greyjoy. He himself barely escaped," Robert replied angrily, and she saw his eyes blaze with the famous Baratheon fury.

"Gods! If I get my hands on those fucking squids, I am bashing them all! Those treasonous cunts!" he roared angrily, and the chamber shook with his voice. She placed her hand on his arm to calm him down.

"It's okay, they will pay! Everyone who had a hand in this will!" and he nodded and she noticed his eyes widening suddenly as he handed her Joanne.

"Ahh! I almost forgot about this! But you were in labor, so I did not want to trouble you," and her heart dropped as she heard those words. There was an apologetic look on his face as he handed her a letter from his pocket.

"There was a second attack as well. An attack on Lannisport!" and her eyes widened as dread pooled in her gout at his words. She immediately opened the letter and began to skim over it.

"Thankfully, both your father and brother are fine. The fleet was damaged, but that can be rebuilt," and her heart eased as she heard about her father and Jamie. She sighed in relief a bit at that.

"So, will you be going to Lannisport," and he shook his head.

"No, I will be leaving for Dorne! The levies from the Stormlands are to support Oberyn there," and she frowned a bit at that. Despite the relative peace of the last thirty years, the Stormalnds and the Dornish had a somewhat tumultuous relationship.

"The marcher lords will not be happy about this. Most of them are still at odds with houses from Dorne," she added, and Robert nodded.

"They might grumble a bit, but they will ride as ordered. As much as they may hate the Dornish, they hate the triarchy way more." And he was right about that.

Though it would be more accurate to say they were more loyal to the Royal family, especially to the late King who had made abundant grain available to them, solving the central problem of these lands. Though, with both Ormund and Robert leaving, who would be in command of the castle? While Steffon was able, he was still a child and had a couple of years before he reached his majority.

"With both you and Ormund leaving? Who will be in command of the castle?" she questioned.

"Ahh! Well, Steffon will be here, and you will be there to guide him. However, Renly will be returning shortly, and he will take command of the defense of the shores."

And Cersei frowned as she heard that. The youngest of the Baratheon brother had always been a bit of an enigma to her, he had always been polite, yet she never felt easy around him. But perhaps it was only her.

"When will he be arriving?" she questioned him, and Robert missed the rigidity of her tone as he replied in a boisterous tone.

"He will be here in a week."

In one of the manses of the perfumed city of Lys, several men sat around a table as maidens danced and littered around them in clothes that showed more skin than they hid. They conversed with each other in hushed tones as the maidens entertained them.

Suddenly the doors to their room opened, and another man entered with two guards flanking him on his side. Everyone turned to face the intruder as their eyes focused on him. He wore a dark doublet and had a sword attached to his hip. His head was bald, and he had a round face though his eyes were the signature amethyst, a legacy of Valyria.

The whole room became quiet as he reached his seat. The bald man looked around and finally broke the silence.

"The plan is in motion. Aerys Targaryen is dead!"

I can assure you that Aerys was laughing when he made this match possible. Laughing very hard!

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support helps me out a lot and makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime if you can. I shall be extremely thankful.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

As he should be laughing. It was an entertaining chapter and I think that bald warrior was our missing friend Varys. Wonder who SI had as his enemies for them to employ the faceless men. They don't charge just gold and to kill a king the price should be ruinous for whoever payed for it. The board looks very interesting right now but I would like some opposition povs to really bring life to this brewing conflict. You can't have a meaningful fight by just showing one side of a conflict. Anyway thanks for the chapter, really appreciate this unique undertaking of my favorite SI genre.

Chapter 9
Chapter 9

The betrayal of House Greyjoy would be the first test for King Rhaegar Targaryen. He would assemble a third of the Army and more than half of the navy for this campaign. Many consider these numbers to be too much, given the small population of the Iron Islands. However, the might of the iron islands can not be underestimated. Their strength lay in the fact that in order for someone to face them on the sea, their preferred battleground.

As the new King planned his first offensive, his brother Prince Aemon rushed back to the capital from the Stormlands. Tired, injured, and after having suffered heavy losses from the attack of Euron Greyjoy, many would speculate that his voyage to Pentos was a failure.

They couldn't be more wrong. This voyage would go on to change the fate of the royal family and the world.

On the other side of the continent, cold winds were brewing up, winds the likes of which hadn't been seen for thousands of years. The news of the King's death would also reach the North and the lands beyond it. And it is here in the lands outside the domain of his kingdom where his death would cause the greatest disturbance.

The Quiet Wolf will receive the news in the Halls of Castle Black itself on his way back to Winterfell from the lands beyond the Wall. He would then mount his horse and make haste to meet his Lord and brother Brandon Stark.

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

In the Castle of Lannisport, the army stood assembled and ready for an attack. There was a certain tension in the air. A certain tension as the people grew anxious over the whole war. Rhaegar himself was also quite anxious, for this was his greatest trial. While he did learn many things under his father's tutelage, learning and doing were different.

He looked out from the balcony as the men marched into formations. One could see a whole armada of ships that had been assembled for the attack on the Iron Islands in the distance as well. However, despite it all, he felt uneasy. Everything up until now seemed rather well-planned and coordinated. Their enemies had spent years planning this, and Rhaegar was sure they would also have predicted this.

So, the question was, what were they planning now? Was he overestimating them? Had he missed something? These thoughts plagued his mind when there was a knock on his door.

"Come in," he ordered, and his best friend and companion, Arthur, stepped into the room. He seemed more relaxed and had a missive in his hand.

"I have good news. Aemon has made it to Kings Landing safe and sound," and Rhaegar sighed in relief as a huge burden was removed from his chest. With Aemon safe and back in the capital, he could now focus on the battle at hand.

"That is good. That is very good. Now he can see to the defense of the capital. We can focus on the battle now. Has there been any news about Lady Genna?" he questioned, and Arthur nodded his head; however, his facial expressions made it quite evident that this wasn't good news.

"We are doing everything we can to locate her, yet there hasn't been much progress in that regard. However, Qyburn confirmed that she is not on Pyke," and Rhaegar nodded as he walked back to his desk, picked up the rolled-up map from the side, and unfurled it on the table.

"Well, that is a start," Rhaegar said as he crossed the island of Pyke on the map. Arthur joined him as he looked over the map. The master of whisperers was doing everything he could to locate Lady Genna, so they could rescue her before mounting a full-on attack. While Lord Tywin had not insisted on stopping an attack, Rhaegar knew he couldn't attack and put her life in danger like this.

"Blactyde is out of the question as well, as are the Harlaw," Rhaegar crossed off two more islands. Arthur frowned as he intervened.

"I can understand Blacktyde, but why Harlaw as well? Balon's wife is from there. They are as involved in this as the rest of them," and Rhaegar nodded. However, the Crown did not just rely on the master of whispers for its information now. His father had been a bit overly cautious in this regard, and while he did trust Qyburn a lot, the same could not be said of the future. And hence the trading fleet served a secondary purpose as well.

In normal times they were simple traders, buying and selling their wares, making a profit, but in times of war, they would become informants, soldiers, and sometimes even assassins. No one knew of them except the Royal family, and even then, the information was only ever shared with the proverbial heir and the spare.

"Harlaw is the island most involved in the trade. If she were taken there, we would know about it," he lied to Arthur. He did not like it, but his father had been very strict with his instructions. Arthur's eyes narrowed, and he probably saw through his excuse, yet he did not call him out for it. He could have guessed that he wasn't in the position of sharing the source, so they moved on as Arthur suddenly pointed at an isolated island at the edge of the Kingdoms.

"How about this? The Lonely Light, they are far off the kingdom and isolated, a perfect place to keep a hostage," and Rhaegar frowned as he shook his head.

"Possible, but it takes eight days to sail there even from Great Wyk. A ship should have been sighted," and Arthur nodded as he countered.

"They could have used a smaller ship," and Rhaegar thought about it all again, and it made sense, but they needed more help. Right now, he had enough covert resources to target two, maybe three, islands covertly to rescue Lady Genna. He did not want to waste these chances, so all he could do was wait.

"We need more information. Have Quburn focus on Great Wyk and Old Wyk. My suspicion is that she will be on either of these two islands. As soon as it is confirmed, send a team to rescue her," Arthur nodded.

"And are you sure you want to put Stark in charge of it? He is still pretty young," however Rhaegar shook his head.

"Yes, if I send you or Ser Barristan, people will notice your absence. Benjen is less famous, so it will be easier for him to move. And he is better at climbing and hiding than you and Ser Barristan. He will lead the rescue operation," Rhaegar confirmed.

Benjen Stark was one of the first northerners to become Kingsguard, a third son. His talent with the sword was not as impressive as Arthur or Barristan, but he did have his own special set of skills. He had been another one of his father's surprising appointments. A Northern serving in the Kingsguard, Rhaegar did not recall that happening ever before. Arthur nodded.

"Well, you are not wrong. Stark is quite good at climbing walls and hiding," he agreed and then looked at the widow at the setting Sun.

"The Lords will be assembling soon. They will want to hear a plan of action," and Rhaegar nodded. As he scanned the map once more.

"Seaguard is under siege by one of the Greyjoy's right," and Arthur nodded.

"Yes, it's Baelon's eldest son, Rodrik," and Rhaegar chewed his lip as he thought of a solution.

"It will have to, Pyke. We will have to cut off the head of the snake," Rhaegar concluded after a long think as he pointed at the castle in question. Arthur frowned.

"It will not be easy. It will be heavily defended, and even if we can mount a siege, they will have stockpiles," and Rhaegar shook his head.

"We cannot do a siege. We need to be quick. We will have to take it by force," he then finally settled onto a plan of action.

"And I think I know just how we can do this," and he started to discuss his plan with Arthur.

DAENYS TARGARYEN

The shock from the death of her father was yet to fade off. He had always been there like a pillar of strength for her and her brothers that she could still not get over his death. Yet he was dead. Assassinated by their enemies across the narrow seas, and now her brother was gone as well. To put down the rebellion from the problematic House Greyjoy.

The city was still under curfew, and five thousand men of the Royal Army walked through the streets to maintain order. Work on the destroyed port was being done day and night to make it operational again as the King Landing prepared itself for the upcoming conflict. More levies were being raised, and grain was getting rationed as they prepared for a war.

Daenys watched as a grand column of carts and men headed straight for them. Guards from House Baratheon and the Royal Army flanked it on the sides, and the people parted ways to give way to the incoming Prince. Besides her, she noticed her mother looked relieved as her other brother returned home from his voyage.

Aemon was at the head of the procession, with Dour face, Stannis Baratheon, on one side, and a younger and more cheerful Ormund Baratheon on the other. Ormund was Robert Baratheon's son and Stannis's nephew, yet both shared little between them except the color of their hair, with Ormund taking after his father more than his uncle.

Her brother saw them and pulled the reins of his horse, and it galloped through the cobbled streets, leaving his companions behind and stopping right in front of them. He had grown thin, and his face had a rather gaunt look, but as soon as their eyes met, a small smile appeared as both rushed toward each other.

"It is so good to see you, Daenys," said her brother as she felt his arms wrap around her. They then separated, and daenys wiped away the wetness from her eyes as Aemon gave their mother a hug. By this time, Stannis and Ormund had reached them as well. Orumund stepped forward and kneeled down.

"House Baratheon sends its condolences to the Royal family on their loss. We are at your call in these difficult times," he spoke ceremonially as their mother nodded and ordered him to rise up.

"You look just like your father, Ormund. How is Robert?" she questioned him as they began to move towards the castle.

"Father is well and was preparing levies to support Governor Oberyn in the Stepstones. He was quite distraught by the death of King Aerys. He often called him a second father to himself, your grace," he said, and her mother's smile thinned at the mention of their father.

"Lady Cersei just gave birth to a daughter and decided to name her Joane after her mother, Lady Joanna. I believe you were friends with Lady Lannister," added Aemon from the side, and her mother nodded a small smile.

"Indeed. I and Joanna were dear friends in our youth. She would be proud of Cersei today if she were alive. Perhaps when the war is over, she could bring her to court," her mother said to Ormund, who nodded.

"It would be an honor, your grace," he replied before he looked around, probably searching for his friend. Yet when he found no trace of her, he spoke up hesitantly.

"May I ask where are Lady Elia and the young Princess Rhaenys," Daenys smirked as Aemon and she looked straight at each other? It seems little Ormund hadn't learned his lesson.

Ormund and Rhaenys had grown up together for a number of years and were quite close with each other. And even though Ormund towered over her niece in size, she usually led him around in their little adventures.

Their mother smiled as well at their antics before she answered.

"She is with her mother. The Queen is with the child again, and in these difficult times, we thought it best not to spread the news. So, Rhaenys is with her mother right now. You can see her after you rest for some time. I am sure the long journey has left you rather tired," her mother replied.

"Ohh, it wasn't that tiring. I was in the carriage, so I am quite fresh, your grace," Ormund answered with a cheer, and at that point, Aemon and her broke out into a laugh, and so did their mother. Ormund finally realized what he had done and turned red in embarrassment as he corrected himself.

"As you say, your grace." He said.

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support helps me out a lot and makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime. I shall be extremely grateful.

www.patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

Good story,please continue.
I would add another enemies - Maesters plot and septons desiring power.

And,Lonely Light - why SI do not use their knoiwledge to get to Western Lands? according to canon,they know the way there.

P.S Why assasins from Bravos helped their enemies? they supposed to be enemies of slavers.

Love the story and the concept... It's a shame you're killing off aemon so soon... Can't wait to see what happens next

Chapter 10
Chapter 10

The Kraken's folly was the name given to the Greyjoy rebellion, for it was just that a folly. The Targaryen dynasty was at the height of its power with the Royal Army and the trading fleet fielding over forty thousand men. The agricultural and system reforms had caused the population to boom so much so that Kings Landing was said to have doubled its population in his reign, this was also one of the biggest reasons for the expansion done by King Aerys.

Moreover, the King had been generous with House Greyjoy, investing capital into the islands to have them form ports so they could earn their way to wealth through trade rather than plunder and piracy.

Yet House Greyjoy rebelled. It joined a greater conspiracy against the crown, and it would see reckoning for its folly.

TYWIN LANNISTER

The council chamber in the garrison of Lannisport was filled with men. The tension in the room was sharp as everyone waited for the arrival of the King. He sat to the head of the right could, with Jamie seated to his left.

Opposite him sat the crown's general, loosely called the Fist of the King, Lord Randall Tarly. The man had been Aerys's choice, and just like most of his departed friend's choices had been a very well-made appointment. His lips thinned as he saw, Vaemon Velaryon seated to the man's die, his presence a reminder of his dispute with Aerys over the rebellion of House Reyne.

Yet that was in the past, the King had been able to establish some communication with Pyke and had offered terms, yet the details hadn't been shared with anyone yet. Tywin had been assured that all such terms would ensure the safety of his sister Genna. No one knew what the status of these negotiations was.

As he thought that, the door to the council chambers opened and Rhaegar's most loyal companion and sword came in. Arthur Dayne walked in, the famous sword Dawn strapped to his side, followed by Lord Barristan Selmy, one of the realm's most gifted swordsmen in the entire realm.

Rhaeagr followed soon, dressed in full armor, yet unlike regular steel armor, it did not shine. The metal was all black, such that it was the color of soot. Dragons were fashioned into its design but non at the cost of protection or movement.

Rhaegar walked to the head of the table as they all stood up, and the tightness in his posture made it evident that there would be no more talk. Rhaegar took his position at the head of the table and motioned for them to sit, as he stood there and cut an imposing figure.

His armor and demeanor reminded Tywin of a much younger Aerys, who had stood tall similarly when the Blackyre rebellion had occurred. Yet times were different. Rhaegar had a whole army at his back, while Aerys had only a bunch of untrained levies.

RHaeagr looked around the Hall before he finally began.

"My father ruled over these lands for more than thirty years. Over the thirty years, these lands flourished, trade boomed, innovation happened, and prosperity graced all of Westeros. He wished to share that prosperity with House Greyjoy as well. He gave them an opportunity to trade, he invested capital into their lands to help them grow. He was magnanimous with them, does anyone here question that?" he asked and the Lords shook their heads.

"Nay," they chorused at the King's question. And this all showed that his earlier guess had been right. Rhaegar leaned forward.

"As most of you know, House Greyjoy stood accused of crimes of treason. They have joined forces with our enemies across the Sea and have rebelled against House Targaryen. They attacked Kingslanding and Lannisport killing hundreds and causing losses of thousands of gold dragons. Yet despite all that, I offered them a chance to repent," said Rhaegar as he took out a letter from his pocket. The room bristled at that.

"Like my father, I offered them more than they deserved. Death for Baelon and all the lords who were part of the plot to kill my father and those who gave the names of their instigators from across the sea could be allowed to take the Balck. Their children could rule after them for that price, shamed, yet I would spare their sons and daughters their lives."

Said Rhaeagr surprising many of the Lords with his generous terms. However, Rhargar's face snarled as he continued.

"Yet they spit on my generosity. They spit on the grace and generosity my father showed them! They spit on the Seven Kingdoms as they sell out to foreign conspirators!" snarled the King angrily as he brought down his fist, making the whole table shake. The King then took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"They have not just betrayed House Targaryen, they have betrayed every Hosue every man of the Seven Kingdoms who wished for prosperity," continued Rhaegar and Tywin's eyes narrowed at that. It seems Rhaegar planned to offer them no mercy.

"The Iron Islands have long seen House Targryen's generosity," began Rhaegar as the whole chambers hung at his every word.

"That ends today! No surrender will be accepted now. No hostages will be taken. I will turn those desolate islands into the ruin they wish to be!" finished Rhaegar, and the Lords in the Hall roared in approval.

"YEAH! DEATH TO THOSE FUCKING SQUIDS!"

"HANG THEM ALL!"

"THOSE UNGRATEFUL CURS! DEATH TO THEM ALL!"

The whole chamber was filled with shouts and approval at the King's speech. And Tywin was impressed by Rhaegar's tactic. He wasn't sure that the terms he had mentioned were real, yet the man had set the stage for the complete annihilation of a Great House, a rather unliked one, yet a Great House nonetheless.

"The men are assembled and the ships ready. I shall lead the attack myself," said Rhaegar everyone became quieter as Rhaegar raised his hand.

"We shall bring them FIRE AND BLOOD!"

"FIRE AND BLOOD!" the whole chamber roared behind him as they cheered for their new King. Tywin looked at their new King and at the way he had riled up everyone.

It seems Aerys had raised him well.

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

Rhaeagr watched as Lord Twin Lannister sat on eh chair opposite to him. The man was the last of the Three Men that led the seven kingdoms in the War of the Ninepenny Kings. His father had a complicated relationship with the man, though their disputes were more political than personal. And from what Rhaegar understood some parts of them were more just for appearance's sake.

For why would his father arrange a marriage for the man's daughter and even offer him a royal match for his son? And wasn't that a headache for him right now? Rhaegar was very much aware of his sister's refusal to an arranged match and their father had indulged her for quite some years as he continued to reject matches for her. Though over the last year, there had been conversations between him and Lord Tywin for a match between Daenys and Jamie Lannister.

"I must say, your speech was impressive. Though I must ask, isn't it overly dangerous for you to lead the attack yourself?" questioned the man, and Rhaegar nodded.

"Thank you for the praise Lord Lannister, and I believe it is necessary for me to lead the attack myself. For the attack to succeed we must make them chase us into the Fair Isle Strait! Once we succeed there we can begin targeting Pyke!" he replied and the man nodded. It was a reasonable plan, one his father had devised in one of their many war games. And wasn't that eerie.

Though, there wasn't much time. So, he decided to move on to the main reason he had called for the man.

"I believe I have good news to share with you about your sister, Lord Lannister," began Rhaegar and the man straightened up. And Rhaegar smiled as the man the letter he had received from one of his informants. The Iron Islands had a trading fleet and part of that fleet were men that were loyal to the crown. They were part of every fleet, including the Northern and the Western fleet. These men were loyal to the Crown due to various reasons ranging from greed, and blackmail. Their whole purpose was to be used as espionage agents in case of war.

"We have located her. Benjen Stark is on his way to rescue her. She is safe and will be freed soon," he concluded, and the man nodded, and he noticed how the man's shoulders relaxed as if a huge weight had been lifted off of them.

"I must thank you for this, your grace," said the man, and Rhaegar shook his head.

"The Crown will always try to protect its own. We cannot let treason prosper. The Iron Islands have rebelled and have spat on my father's generosity. They need to answer for their crimes!" Rhaegar finished, and his hands balled into fists as he thought of his father. The recent report from Aemon had confirmed his suspicions that this was all a big conspiracy.

Now they just needed to find the one responsible for all this and make an example out of them. He needed to set an example for the realm, and the Iron Islands were the perfect place to do so.

"Indeed, an example needs to be set but your grace, have you considered the future of the Islands after your victory," and Rhaeagr knew the man would question him about that. And while he had several ideas. He did not want to reveal his hand just yet.

"I have, and everything will be shared in due time," answered Rhaegar, and he didn't miss how the man's eyes tightened though Tywin Lannister did not press.

"Will you be joining us for the attack Lord Lannister?" questioned Arthur from the side, and the man shook his head.

"I am afraid not. My son Jamie will lead House Lannister forces," and Rhaegar had seen the man's heir.

"Your grace," suddenly began Tywin Lannister, "I believe you are aware of the recent exchanges between your father and me about a probable match between Jamie and Princess Daenys," and Rhaegar sighed as he nodded. He had hoped that this topic wouldn't be brought up just yet.

"Indeed I am. Father mentioned it in passing, and just like my father, I can see the merits of such a match," began Rhaegar, and that was true. Jamie Lannister was the heir to the richest House of the Land, which was apart from the Crown. And from what he had seen was a good and honorable young man. But there was one big issue.

"But my father had yet to mention it to Daenys. I need to talk to her, and while I can endorse the match, I will not force Daenys to marry Jamie. I believe she would want to meet him herself," and the man nodded.

"That can be arranged," and Rhaegar nodded, still contemplating how to bring this up to Daenys.

"Then we can discuss it after the battle. I believe that will be all," and the man stood up as they shook hands and left his office, leaving him alone with Arthur.

"Jamie Lannister, huh. He is a good man. You knighted him yourself, didn't you," and Rhaegar nodded as he remembered. The boy had won a tourney at seventeen by unhorsing Ser Gerold, though he had lost in the final round; Rhaegar had been impressed by the lad and had knighted him.

"Yes, it's a reasonable match, and Daenys has to get married one day. Though I wish father had been here to talk to her about this," that would have been easier. Now, it all fell to him.

"Perhaps, you could ask Lady Elia to test the waters. So that the news doesn't take her by surprise," and Rhaegar nodded. That was good advice. Perhaps, he should write to her.

"That just might work. I will ask Mother and Elia to talk to her."

Jamie and Daenys, what are your thoughts?

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support helps me out a lot and makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime. I shall be highly thankful!

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

And nothing of value was lost with the greyjoys disappearing, the islands taken, and then those lands turned into a staging point against the three sisters.

Chapter 11
Chapter 11

Benjen Stark was the first Stark ever to be named a Kingsguard. His choice was another surprise, yet King Aerys wanted to bring the eternally estranged and isolated Kingdom of the North closer to the rest of Westeros. Benjen Stark, the third son of Lord Rickard Stark, would serve as a page to Lord Tarly and then would join the Kingsguard later. His most prominent reason for fame would not be his sword or lance skill, for he was mediocre at it compared to his other brethren of the Kingsguard.

Instead, it would be for his skill as a covert operative. He would go on to free Lady Genna Lannister from her captivity, allowing his King to attack the Iron Islands without worrying about her safety.

GENNA LANNISTER

The cold wind blew and made her shiver as she huddled in closer to save herself from the cold. She inched closer to the rags she had been given to cover herself as she looked around from her cage. The whole room was filled with cages, most of them littered with whimpering women. Her birth had allowed her some protection, yet those who weren't blessed with her status had been ravaged by the beasts who had captured them.

The ground was wet with blood, and the room stank as some died from hunger and some by choice. Choosing to kill themselves over enduring the savagery at the hands of their captors. Her stomach grumbled, yet she folded onto herself and tried to take her mind off her hunger. She thought about her brother, about her home, and hoped that someone would come for her.

She prayed to the Seven and any other God that would listen as she looked around the room and saw all those hollow faces. The look in those eyes made her heart ache. They just lay there, staring at the wall, huddled together, with bare skin and torn clothes, as they tried to find solace in each other's arms.

Suddenly there was the sound of footsteps, and there was a hint of emotion as the girls' faces became paler, and many began to Skiddle backward in their cages, hoping that the darkness would eat them up. Her heart began to rumble as the footsteps got louder and louder.

Could this be it? Could this be her last day?

The door to the prison opened, and their captors began to fiddle in, a torch in hand, as they laughed and japed with each other.

"Hey perhaps, we could make some time to make quick work on one of them," said one of the Iron Islanders as his eye looked through the room. Hunger was apparent in them as he saw the women skidding back into their cages.

There were four of them, and she recognized three of them. They had been regular visitors. The sigils on their armor made it apparent that they belonged to House BlackTyde. She saw his eyes linger on her as dread pooled in her gut.

"Ahh! Here she is, our unspoiled Lannister!" said the man from house BlackTyde his face was repulsive and had a huge gash on it with a misshapen nose. Hi licked his lips as he walked in closer to her iron cell.

"Perhaps it is time I have a go on her!" he said as he looked straight at her, and her heart shivered at her words, yet she did not look away. She couldn't show them fear.

His two companions stepped forward. Eyes focused on her as they smiled hungrily at her.

"They say Lannisters shit gold! She hasn't. Perhaps we should open up her guts and see what's wrong!" commented one of them, and she chewed her lips as her heart began to thump in her chest. Suddenly she found her eyes landing on the last member of the four, and her eyes widened as she saw a quick shimmer of silver.

"AGHHH!" suddenly, one of them screamed as the silver cut off his head, and the whole room descended into chaos. The two captors who had been staring at her jumped back as she got dyed red.

"WHAT THE HELL!" "YOU FUCK!!" the women screamed as their captors tried to reach for their swords. But they were too late as the other man made quick work of the other two men. His sword was a blur as he removed their heads from their necks, showing the room in blood.

Genna's heart thumped in her chest as the man finally turned to face her. His face was still covered by a cloth. The man stepped forward towards her chest and looked straight at her.

"My lady, I am Bejen Stark," said the man as he removed the cloth covering his face, and her heart eased as she heard that name. The man raised his sword once more and cleaved the rusty lock of her cell into two.

THWACK!

He opened the door and walked in, his steps slow as he removed the cloak from his body and passed it to her.

"I am here to rescue you on the orders of King Rhaegar!" said the young knight as he wrapped the cloak around her. And Genna finally noticed how her whole body was shivering! She nodded at him as she tried to speak up.

"Thank you," her voice came out broken, yet the knight from the North simply nodded and helped her to her feet. The shaking and the hunger made it difficult, yet she finally got up. The other women in the cages had become quiet now and were looking at her with their deploring gazes. She looked around, saw their broken gazes, and looked at the young Kingsguard as she spoke up.

"What about them?" she asked, and he understood her implication and nodded as he suddenly whistled. She frowned when suddenly there was a sound of footsteps, and half a dozen men stepped into the room again.

The Stark knight then turned to face the captive women and spoke in a firm voice.

"There is a ship on the shore. These men will free you and lead you to them. I am Ser Benjen Stark, and these are the King's men. You are to follow their instructions, and I promise you that you will all reach your homes soon," he ordered, and the room broke down into a small cheer. Benjen Stark gave the nod to the men, and they all got to work as he led her out of the room.

"Where are we?" she asked, and the man answered.

"We are on the Lonely Islands, my lady. The garrison was small, for they planned to transport you elsewhere. We have control of the island!" he replied, and she nodded as she looked around and found several bodies on the ground. Most of them belonged to the Iron Islanders.

There were a dozen or so armored men patrolling the garrison in groups, and there was still some sound of fighting. She did not speak up, and as he led her out of the castle, the cold air made her shiver.

She pulled the cloak he had given her closer as she tried to shield herself from the cold, though her efforts were futile as the cold wind continued to blow. There was a horse waiting for them, and perhaps on seeing her shivering, he spoke up again.

"There is better clothing on the ship. So, you could change into something more appropriate when we reach it," said the man and offered her a hand which she took as he helped her up the horse. She finally noticed that the man was only wearing a simple doublet and seemed unaffected by the cold. He got up on the horse and pulled the reins, and the horse began to gallop away, making her shiver again.

"Does the cold not bother you, Ser Benjen?" she asked, and the man smirked as he shook her head.

"I am from the North, my lady. To us, this is just like summer."

JAMIE LANNISTER

Jamie Lannister watched as the Iron fleet chased after them as the Royal fleet turned to retreat. King Rhaegar stood on the deck, commanding everyone as catapults and arrows rained down on them. The Greyjoys weren't known as prolific sailors for no reason. They had faced the might of the Iron fleet head-on and defied them a victor forcing them to retreat, though it was all part of King Rhaegar's plans.

"Armors up! I want the scorpions and the catapults ready!" ordered the King as his sword shield shielded him from the incoming barrage of arrows.

Jamie put up his shield and walked towards the King, who had now turned to look straight at the jewel of the Iron Fleet chasing after them with full force.

"The Iron Victory," commanded by Victarion Greyjoy with his Kraken-shaped helmet and large axe, chased after them, trying to gain a swift victory by capturing the King himself. Several arrows hit Jamie's shield as he reached King Rhaegar.

"Your grace, the men are ready," he told the man, who nodded, his face grim as he continued to look at the massive fleet chasing after them. Arthur Dayne and Ser Barristan stood in front of the King with their shields raised as they protected the King.

"You should consider going inside your grace. They have already taken the bait," said Ser Barristan, and Jamie would agree with the man. King Rhaegar's presence had served as the bait, and now that the Iron Fleet was chasing after them, he should retreat to safety. But the King didn't agree.

"No, as the King, I must lead from the front. I will stay here," said the King, his voice hard and resolute, brokering no concession. The Kingsguard nodded as he prepared himself for another barrage.

Jamie looked back and saw the strait as the Royal fleet entered the narrow passage.

"We are entering the strait, your grace," he told the King, who nodded as he raised his hand.

"ARCHERS AT THE READY!" and at the King's command, archers from the royal army, armed with wierwood longbows, assembled behind a cacoon of shields with their arrows. They drew their arrows, and Jamie was impressed as he saw a couple of dozen such men using the long bow with such proficiency.

"LOOSE!" the King ordered, and the arrows whipped through the air and felled a number of Iron-born sailors with several shots impaling even multiple men.

"AGAIN! Focus on the biggest ship this time," ordered the King, and the men arched their bows once more and let loose again at the King's command.

SHING. SHING. SHWING.

The arrows whizzed past him again, and Jamie's eyes widened as he saw one heading straight for Victarion Greyjoy, though the man was quick to react despite his massive size as he jumped to the side to avoid the onslaught.

However, Jamie hadn't missed the fiery arrow that had been fired in the direction of Fair Isle as a signal to the rest of the fleet. And soon enough, smoke could be seen coming from the Isles.

The fleet was on the move.

Rhaegar Targaryen finally turned to face the men who had now finished assembling on the deck. The archers continued to shoot as the King spoke up.

"Today, we face an enemy that has betrayed not just the Royal family but threatens the very prosperity and stability that my father brought to the realm. House Greyjoy has sided with our enemies and has become an enemy," began Rhaegar Targaryen, his voice booming across the deck.

"They refused my offer of clemency and are set on their ways! If they have their way, they will rape your women, pillage your homes and enslave your children. Do you wish to live like that!" asked the King.

"NOOOO!" came the thundering response. And King Rhaeagr nodded as he took out his sword and raised it in the air.

"THEN IT IS TIME WE BRING FIRE AND BLOOD TO HOUSE GREYJOY!" and the men roared as shouts arose.

"FIRE AND BLOOD! FIRE AND BLOOD!" and the whole shook as the men chanted the Targaryen family words. The men brought out the catapults and the scorpions as the ship slowed down. Scorpion that had been specially designed to be used on ships. They had reached the end of the Fair Isle strait!

"GET THE CATAPULTS AND THE SCORPIONS READY!" said Rhaegar as he turned to face the Iron fleet once more, and Jamie noticed how the men on the other side seemed to have become a bit nervous at their situation. But it was too late.

"LOOSE!" said the King, and bolts were fired, and castle-forged scorpion bolts whizzed past him.

SCHWING. SCHWING. SCHWING.

THUCK. CRISH.

"AGHHH!" men screamed, and the wood cracked as the bolts laid waste to the Iron Fleet, but that wasn't even the biggest surprise. And Jamie watched as the projectiles from the catapults fell down on the ships, and then all hell broke, lose.

BOOOOOM! BOOOM! BOOOM!

Jamie had to shield his eyes as they exploded suddenly, engulfing the ships in scathing green flames. The pride of the Iron Fleet was also struck, and he watched as Victarion stared at them as his ship burned. The Iron Born burned and screamed. Many chose to jump off their ships to stop the fires.

BOOOM! BOOOM!

And then there was a second sound of explosions, this time from the tail end of the fleet. And now the plan was complete. Victarion seemed perplexed as his fleet got attacked from both sides, and the narrow strait made it impossible for him to move.

He saw the man turn to wards his men as he raised his axe.

"FORWARD! RAM INTO THEM! WE ARE GONNA SHOW THESE INBRED CUNTS WHO RULE THE SEAS!" and the Iron Born rallied at his call as the Iron Victory sped up, even with a part of its mast in flames. Victarion put on his helmet as the ship approached theirs, and Jamie saw the King pick up his own helmet as the men got ready for the fight.

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!" said the King as the ships inched closer. Jamie put on his helmet and took out his sword, his target already in his eyes as he saw the man to Victarion's side wearing a sigil of bone hand. His sword gleamed in a smoky pattern.

Red Rain, perhaps it was time House Lannister got their own Valyrain steel sword. The two ships were now merely a leap or two apart when the Victarion Greyjoy and King Rhaegar gave the signal.

"FIRE AND BLOOD!"

"IRONBORN!"

And the men jumped as the two ships met, and the decks were dyed red.

BRANDON STARK

Brandon Stark watched as his brother sat in front of him, his body thinner and his eyes hollower from when he had left; Ned sat opposite to him in his solar having just returedn from his journey across the Wall. They had come straight to his solar for the matter's urgency made it so that no time cpould be wasted.

Brandon finally opened his mouth as he asked the question that had eroded his sleep for all this time.

"So, was it true?" And he saw Ned's eye shake as the grey in them hardened before he slowly nodded, making his heart beat faster as his whole world got turned upside down with that single confirmation.

Gods! How could it be?

"It's true. King Aerys was right, the Free Folk are assembling, but they aren't preparing to conquer this time," began Ned, his voice hard and dry as he confirmed King Aerys's news.

"This time, they are trying to survive!" Brandon was rooted to his seat as Ned finished his words; the implication behind those words completely stumped him.

After all, what can one do when myths become real?

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime. It will mean a lot to me!

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

Awesome chapter. Also wonder what knowing about the Ice Walkers early will do?

Chapter 12
Chapter 12

We have already mentioned and discussed the betrayal of House Greyjoy in quite some detail. However, it must be noted that they weren't the only House that was a part of the rebellion. While no other major Houses rebelled against the Targaryen regime, there were other betrayals, some of which were more individualistic and personal. And the biggest of them would have to be the betrayal of Renly Baratheon, the youngest of Lord Steffon Baratheon's sons. Little is mentioned of the youngest Baratheon in the history books before his betrayal, and perhaps this anonymity made the youngest Baratheon try and carry out a coup against his own kin.

He would be supported in his efforts by Gelsaro Ferdinand, a sellsword, who is said to share his bed, and a man from Vale called Baelish. Petyr Baelish is an interesting character and was said to be the man known as 'the Preacher', the person who tried preaching against the Royal family, specifically against their incestuous ways. He presented himself as a man of clergy, yet later details about him show that the man dealt heavily in the business of the flesh—something which the Seven forbade.

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

The sky had turned dark, and the clouds thundered as heavy rain poured down, drenching them all. The Fair Isle strait was filled with a flurry of activity as ships crashed into ships, and men cashed with men. Swords cleaved armor and shields like butter, cutting through flesh and basking the waters below into crimson red.

Yet the two forces weren't equal. Not equal at all. The Royal army was armed with castle-forged steel armor and sword. Few men among the Ironborn had proper armor, and the realm's finest swordsmen had trained fewer for years to fight collectively as an army.

Yet even in spite of such challenges, Rhaegar would have to commend the Ironborn for their stubbornness and resilience as they clashed against his men with complete abandon. There could be several reasons for such fervor, it could have something to do with their religion or their collective identity as Ironborn, or perhaps it could have something to do with the man that stood opposite to him, clad in full armor wearing his signature Kraken shaped helmet, and wielding two giant axes.

Rhaegar gripped his sword tightly as the giant man moved unexpectedly quickly and swung an axe at him. Yet all his years of training in the yard against the realm's best fighters showed results as he simply dodged to the side, leaned closer to Victarion, and swung up at his shoulder, trying to cleave his arm off.

Yet the man was faster than he expected and could swing his axe straight at his head, making him abandon the attack as Rhaegar used his sword to block the attack.

BANG!

And the sheer force of the attack pushed him back, and he saw Victarion raise his other hand, preparing to bring it down on him. So, he shifted his weight on the other foot and kicked the man in the gut.

"AGHHH" Victarion grunted as Rhaegar took a couple of steps back and to the side. He noticed how Barristan and Arthur were fighting to isolate him and Victarion. Together Victarion would have been an easy target yet Rhaegar wanted to crush the Rebellion himself.

"No man can run away from his own story," his father's words rang through his ears as he gripped his sword once more.

Victarion straightened up once more and took off his helmet.

"You must be foolish to think you can beat me at the sea. I am Victarion Greyjoy, and We are the sea itself. HAHAHA," he broke out into a cruel laugh as he swung back his hair before taking a stance again.

"I am going to end this whole farce right now. It's time the dragons learned their lesson," and with that the man charged at him faster than before. Rhaegar got into his stance. He noticed Arthur looking at him as he swung Dawn and brought down two Ironborn with a single strike.

"Rhae…" but Rhaegar cut him off as he readied his sword, as Victarion jumped, bringing down his axes straight at his head.

"NO. This is my fight!" shouted Rhaegar as he jumped back, avoiding the attack, and in an instant, swung his own sword straight at Victarion's now exposed neck. But the man raised an axe and blocked his blow, but before Victarion could attack using his other arm, Rhaegar closed the distance between their heads as he bashed him straight in the face.

"AGHH!" without armor, Victarion howled in pain as he reeled back, dropping his axe. Rhaegar picked it up and threw it at the man as he jumped after him.

Victarion's eyes widened as his own axe headed towards him, and the man raised his arms to defend his face. The axe hit his armor but couldn't fully pierce it, but the pained scream and the dripping blood showed that it had cut him nonetheless.

Rhaegar knew that this was his chance as he swung his sword at his neck, but the giant Greyjoy jumped forward and slammed his body into his, pushing them both to the floor. Rhaegar's sword dropped from his hand as Victarion sat on top of him.

"It's all over," said the man, bringing down his axe.

CRACK!

Rhaegar shifted his head to the side at the last moment, though, and he did feel his helmet crack at the side. But this had given him enough time to take out the dagger strapped to his leg.

"Yeah, it's all over now," said Rhaegar as they pushed the dagger into the man's thigh.

"AHHHHHH!" Victarion howled in Pain as Rhaegar continued to cut him up, as he pushed himself up and as Vicatrion swung his arm again, in sheer desperation and pain, he simply held it back as he took out the dagger from his thigh and aimed it right below his chin.

"Now, it's over," and with that, he plunged it straight up, and blood spluttered, and Rhaegar felt his arm limp off as the light faded from Victarion Greyjoy's eyes.

"HAAA, HAAA, HAAA," Rhaegar huffed as he pushed his massive body off of him, as he suddenly noticed pain radiating from the side of his face. He touched the side and found his helmet cut clean off, as blood covered his hand. He was injured.

JAMIE LANNISTER

Jamie Lannister watched as the Ironborn men began to rattle around him and began to retreat. He glanced to the side and saw Victarion Greyjoy lying there in a pool of blood.

"AGHHH!" suddenly, a jolt of pain ran through his side, as his distraction had given Himar Drumm an opportunity to land a blow on him. Jamie was pushed back as the knight continued to attack.

"Do not let go! ATTACK!" screamed the man, and he saw Ironborn rally at his call as Jamie was pushed back. Jamie could only defend against the flurry of activity, and suddenly his foot landed on a body, and he tripped, and his heart dropped as he saw Red Rain heading straight for his neck.

But before the sword could cut him, there was a blur of white, and he watched as the infamous Dawn of House Dayne blocked the sword.

"Are you fine, Jamie!" said Ser Arthur Dayne of Kingsguard as he blocked the attack and pushed Hilmar Drumm back.

"Dayne! Finally, a worthy opponent!" snarled Drumm as he tried to attack again, but the white knight seemed unbothered by the attack and simply got in his stance. Jamie's eyes widened as he saw Arthur's sword blur through the air, and then suddenly, he was showered with blood.

"AGH!" and he watched as Hilmar Drumm dropped down, headless and dead.

"IRONBORN!" suddenly, he heard King Rhaegar scream, and he looked to the side as the new king stood there, blood dripping from the side of his face, as he held up Victarion Greyjoy's head.

"SURRENDER OR YOU ALL SHALL SUFFER THE SAME FATE!" the King screamed, and he watched as the Ironbor scuttled back and huddled as the Royal army clustered around them. They whispered and whimpered before one man finally dropped his sword and dropped down to his knees.

"We surrender! Please spare us! WE YIELD!"

CERSEI LANNISTER

Cersei Lannister sat in her room, resting as she nursed her daughter. She smiled as Joan slept soundly by her side. The commotion that had begun when Robert had called for levies had ended with his departure, and now the castle was at peace. Renly had arrived a couple of days ago, accompanied by a foreign friend who went by the name of Gelsaro. And something in that man's gaze had put her off.

The way the man had been looking around at the castle did not sit right to her, and so she had informed Duncan, Robert's man at arms, to keep an eye on the man. She frowned as she thought about Renly, and Robert's youngest brother seemed to have also changed. Unlike Stannis, who was rather dour and unsavory. Renly had always had a silver tongue. He had always been a dreamer of sorts and had spent much of his time in Riverlands, where Ser Houster Tully had fostered him for half a decade before he had finally decided to venture to Essos. He had returned a couple of years ago, and had returned to Riverrun to stay with a friend there.

Robert had been unconcerned about Renly, saying it w good that he had his own circle of friends, yet Cersei found it all suspicious. Especially with the recent developments, she could feel that something was wrong.

And suddenly, her worries were proven right when suddenly the castle was filled with sounds of steel clashing and men shouting. She shifted in her bed and stood up, and walked towards the window to see what was going on.

"AMANDA!" she called for her maid as she saw down at the yard, and her heart dropped as she saw the yard covered in blood with a number of bodies strewn across several of them clad in Baratheon colors.

Her maid entered the room, shaking and white as a sheet.

"My lady, out there. We are being attacked!" Cersei's heart dropped as she scanned the courtyard again. Her mind raced as she thought of a solution.

"Send the guards outside to the library. Tell them to bring Steffon to me and have the master send ravens to all the surrounding Houses as well as the Royal family asking for aid," she ordered, and the maid nodded as she left the room to comply with her order.

Cersei rushed to her bed, gently picked up her daughter, and placed her in the cot to the side before she pushed the bedding to reveal the bottom of the bed. And there below the bedding lay a sword. Her sword. She took it out, took it out of its sheath, and swung the thing blade in the air. It had been some time since she had taken to the yard, the last time was over a year ago before she had gotten pregnant with her little Joanne, yet the familiarity wasn't completely lost.

She was broken out of her stance when her maid returned to her room.

"I have done as you ordered, my lady," and Cersei nodded as she rushed towards the window once more and saw the ruckus outside, her mind still racing as she contemplated a way to escape from this ordeal.

Suddenly she heard the sound of footsteps approaching her room, and dread pooled in her gut. She immediately ordered, "BOLT THE DOOR!" she said as she walked in front of Joane's cot, her heart thumping as she prayed to the Gods above in her heart.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

"Who is it?" she questioned loudly as Amanda shivered by her side, and her relief filled her heart as she recognized Duncan's voice.

"My lady, it is me, Duncan. I need to speak with you," said the man, and Cersei sighed as she ordered her maid to open the door. Amanda opened the door, and Duncan entered her room with half a dozen men, armed in full plate armor, with some of them covered in blood.

"What's happening, Duncan?" she questioned him immediately, and the burly man took off his helmet as he replied.

"We have been betrayed, my lady. Ser Renly told us that he would be getting visited by some friends of his today. I felt something fishy and decided to have the retinue searched and found it armed," and she saw him hesitate a bit before he continued.

"I believe that Lord Renly has betrayed us," he finished, and Cersei gritted her teeth as she spoke up.

"What will we do?" she asked him, and the man's face became grim as he spoke up.

"The men have already infiltrated the castle, but their numbers are few. Once we regroup and get some reinforcements, we could regain control of the castle. But for that, we must move you and Young Lord and Lady to safety first," and she nodded. That was reasonable. She glanced back at the cot, at her daughter, and she nodded.

Had this been a year earlier, she would have decided to stay here and fight the invaders, but she couldn't risk the life of her precious little reassure like that.

"I have the horses prepared with as many guards as I could spare. I believe we could rid to Griffin Roost, for traveling through the sea could be troublesome with the ongoing war," and she nodded once more.

"I have also had the master send ravens to the neighboring lords and the Royal family, asking for reinforcements," Duncan nodded, and the man suddenly turned around and stiffened, and suddenly two more guards appeared outside her room. A young boy followed behind them, his black hair leaner than her eldest son, yet with those same blue orbs.

"Steffon," she called, and the boy rushed towards her, and she wrapped her arms around her little boy as she kissed him and looked him over for any injury.

"What's going on, mother? Are we being attacked?" he questioned her, and she nodded.

"Yes, but don't worry, we will be fine," and she looked toward Duncan.

"I believe we should hurry," and the man nodded. She looked back at her maid, and Amanda stood there, ready with her daughter in her hands. She nodded as the guards all put on their helmets and surrounded the three of them.

They rushed out of her room, and she was immediately with the stench of blood and gore, and she saw that the halls and corridors were littered with bodies of men and women. She hardened her heart as her guards cut off any attacker as they rushed through the carnage.

They reached the stables, and she saw that a dozen or so horses were ready, and she mounted the horse, and just as they were about to leave, they were interrupted by a rather obnoxious voice.

"And where do you think you are going?" and she looked up and found the traitor Renly Baratheon standing in front of her with half a dozen men.

ELIA MARTELL

The Queen of the Seven Kingdoms sat with the dowager Queen as they discussed the latest letter from Rhaegar. In her heart, Elia was praying for Rhaegar as he waged battle in the West, yet she was confident in him that he would return triumphant.

"It is a good match," she began as she talked to her good mother and Queen Rhaella had been rather distracted throughout the discussion. She had noticed this over the last couple of days, as her good mother had seemed rather disturbed.

"Mother," she called her again, and then she finally looked towards her.

"Sorry, I missed it. What did you say, dear?" said the Queen with a smile. And Elia smiled before she spoke up again.

"I said that a match between Daenys and Jamie would be suitable, he is the heir to Lord Tywin, and Rhaegar has assured me that he seems like an exemplary young man," and the dowager Queen nodded.

"Indeed, Aery thought the same. I will bring it up to Daenys as soon as I get an opportunity," and Elia nodded before she slowly spoke up again.

"Is everything all right, Mother? You seem rather tired for the last couple of days?" she decided to ask her and the Queen waved away her concern.

"Ahh, it's nothing. I am just a bit anxious about the funeral, that's all. Hopefully, Rhaegar will return soon, and we can finally lay Aerys to rest," and she nodded even though she could sense that that wasn't everything. But she thought it better not to push. She had just lost her husband and had stayed steadfast despite all the hardships.

Suddenly, there was a knock on her chambers, and she looked up and found her good brother Aemon entering the room with a couple of guards. His face flushed with rage. And dread filled her heart as she saw that face.

"What happened?" she asked immediately. And Aemon gulped before he replied.

"Renly Baratheon has betrayed us. He has joined forces with the enemy and is trying to take control of Storm's End," and her eyes widened as she heard those words.

"GODS!" she cursed as she thought the man had betrayed his kin. Aemon was enraged as well, given by the balling of his fists.

"What are we going to do?" the dowager Queen questioned from the side.

"I have sent Stannish with as many men I could spare, and I have written to Lord Jon Connington of Griffin Roost and Lord Selwyn Tarth to immediately provide reinforcements to Storm's Ends," and Elia nodded. That seemed reasonable. Suddenly she remembered about the young Baratheon that was visiting them.

"Have you told Ormund?" and the man shook his head.

"Not yet, I didn't want to worry the boy. I was hoping you could break the news to him," and she nodded.

"I will, but do try to update me as soon as there is any update about the situation," and he nodded.

"I am doubling the guards around the castle. Please, make sure that you are with a minimum of two guards at all times," and she nodded. Rhaegar had given all such authority to him, and she knew she could trust Aemon implicitly with her and her children's life.

Yet it seems Cersei Lannister wasn't so lucky. And suddenly, she remembered the young girl she had just given birth to, and Elia prayed to the Gods above to protect the innocent little girl from all dangers.

So, thoughts?

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime. It would mean a lot to me.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

Man Roberts gonna be pissed. Hope this version of Cersei and her family make it out alright.
You are right.
Another topics - Baelish as would-be-septon seem likely,since here he could not become Lord thanks to Lysa.
I remember at least 2 stories,when he did the same to get back at Starks."Never cut twice" and some other.
Good idea,i think.

Renly betreyal - dude could do so.

P.S Lonely Island was inhabited by thralls descendents who supposed to knew way to western lands,Targeryns here could use them.
Becouse i do not think,that they were happy with Balon rule over them.

Chapter 13
Chapter 13

Renly Baratheon's betrayal was a true shock to the rest of the realm. The man had chosen to betray his own blood and kin, fuelled by his boundless ambition the man had chosen to side with the enemies and had sought grandeur for himself. The man had sought to capture Lady Cersei Lannister and the young Baratheon children as hostages and send them to Essos to the Golden Company, hence blunting two of the Great Houses and forcing House Targaryen on the backfoot. Yet the plan would fail to succeed, and all for one reason.

Cersei Lannister was not an ordinary woman. Even at her young age, the jewel of the West had always held a strange fascination with the ways of knights and lords. Though hesitant at first yet, after Lady Joanna Lannister's intervention Lord Tywin indulged her daughter and let her learn the ways of the Lords and knights alongside her twin. Some say that the King had personally intervened in the matter and had been instrumental in forming the sisterly bond between Cersei Lannister and Princess Daenys Targaryen. It was one of the reasons why it had been a shock when the Jewel of the West had married Robert Baratheon instead of the Prince.

Yet the match would prove to be successful, and both Robert and Cersei would go on to live happily, and some letters exchanged between Robert Baratheon and King Aerys reveal that the King would secretly gift the bride a specially forged sword as a present to her wedding. Credence to these rumors is driven by the fact that Lady Joane Baratheon writes a similar tale in one of her diaries, which was recently discovered.

CERSEI LANNISTER

Cersei's heart raced as the guards around her formed a line and took out their swords. Duncan himself stood at the center as he shouted at Renly.

"Do you have any idea what you are doing, Lord Renly? You are committing treason against the Royal family and are siding with outsiders. There is still time! End this madness!" screamed Duncan at her good brother, yet the younger Baratheon seemed unaffected by those words.

"My so-called brother was so blinded by his made-up family that he forgot about his real one! Don't speak to me like that, Duncan, I am to be the next Lord of Storm's end, so I would suggest you lay down your arms, and I will be willing to accept you all into my service," offered Renly and she stiffened for a moment as she placed herself in front of her children trying to shield them.

Her heart thumped in her chest as she looked at the men surrounding her and her children. A speckle of doubt lingered in her heart, yet it vanished when she saw Duncan unsheathe his blade, followed by all those around her.

"Then I believe you leave me no choice," screamed Duncan as the men around her got into their stance. My lady, you should flee. We will try and hold them back for as long as we can. House Connington will have received our letter by now and will have men on the way.

And Cersei saw more men join the other side, as their numbers almost doubled, yet all those who knew of the ferocity of House Baratheon's men would say that the odds were evenly matched despite the difference in the size of the two forces.

She nodded and jumped on the saddle as Amanda handed her her daughter. Steffon sat on the other horse with two other guards saddled up.

"It seems we will have to do it the hard way," said Renly with a shake of his head before he raised his sword.

"MEN! CHARGE!" and with a shout, his men rushed forward. Duncan also led his men as they came together and arranged themselves into an arrowhead.

"SHIELDS UP! Make a path for Lady Baratheon! Let's show them how real men fight!" screamed Duncan as the enemy charged at them, and Cersei held onto the rings tightly with her free hand as Joane was tied in a sling around her shoulder.

Renly's men were meters away, and she prayed to the Gods above in her heart, and them thump.

"AGHHHHHH!" the men crashed into the shields, yet the line held as Duncan shouted orders, and then in the blind of an eye, swords were drawn, and the whole area was filled with wails of crying men as the ground was bathed in blood.

And she saw it, a path.

"GO, MY LADY! WE WILL HOLD THEM BACK!" screamed Duncan, and she pulled the reins, her horse broke into a gallop, and she raced past the men with three other horses at her tail.

"She is getting away!" screamed Renly as she raced past the gates and looked back to find him mounting on a horse alongside a couple of men. Preparing to give chase.

And her heart gave out as she watched him begin following her with five more men at his back.

"Don't stop! Push the horses! We cannot let them catch up to us!" she told Steffon as she kicked the horse slightly with her foot, making it speed up. Joane shifted in her sling and began to wail, yet Cersei could do nothing but whisper assurances into her daughter's ears as she whipped past the forest.

And the chase continued for hours, and she had lost her two guards along the way as they succumbed to arrows from Renly's men. Yet they hadn't died in vain. As of now, it was only Renly and one other guy chasing after her and Steffon.

Yet it seemed she had spoken out too soon, as suddenly she felt an arrow hit her horse's leg and her horse nayed in pain and she tried to control it, yet she failed and was thrown off its back and sent rolling onto the ground.

"AGHHHH!" she grunted as she landed harshly on the ground, her arms wrapped around her daughter as she tried to shield her daughter.

"MOTHER!" screamed Steffon, and as he was about to turn around his horse, she shouted out.

"DON'T STOP! RUSH FORWARD! WE ARE NEAR GRIFFIN ROOST! BRING THEM HERE!" she screamed, and she saw him stiffen up before he listened to her, pulled the reins on his horse again, and whizzed past her.

"Chase after the boy! I will take care of my good sister and niece myself," said Renly as he got off his horse. Cersei fought through the pain, stood up, and backed off.

"Come with me peacefully, and no harm shall come to you as long as your father pledges support to the new regime," offered Renly, and Cersei shook her head, disgusted by his very face.

"Gods, do you know what you are doing, Renly? Kinslaying! And for what," she argued as her daughter continued to scream in her arms.

"I don't have time to deal with this," said Renly as he took out his sword and rushed at her. And pure instinct, Cersei unsheathed her sword and blocked the strike.

"A lady with a sword! Gods, do you even know how to hold it," and she smirked as she parried another one oh his strikes before she aimed a counterattack of her own, which he barely dodged.

"AGHH!"

Blood dripped down his cheek as he looked at her wide-eyed and flushed in fury.

"I will show yo…." But he couldn't complete the sentence as an arrow suddenly hit him in the chest.

"AGHH!" he grunted in pain. As two more followed, striking him in the gut as he suddenly collapsed onto the ground.

"MOTHER! MOTHER!" and relief ran through her body as she saw Steffon appear from the shadows with half a dozen fully armed men, the sigil of two griffins adorned their chest.

"Are you all right Mother?" questioned Steffon as he rushed towards her as the men surrounded Renly. She nodded as she finally noticed how her hand was all red.

"You are bleeding. We need to take her to a master immediately!" screamed Steffon, and the men nodded along, and the rest was a flurry of activity that she barely recalled as darkness overcame her vision.

"My lady!" "MOTHER!"

EDDARD STARK

"With King Aerys's death this has all become a lot more complicated," said Brandon as he devoured a cup of wine. And Eddard nodded.

"King Aerys was in contact with Mance for over a year. The King had also sent them weaponary made out of dragon glass as a means to fight the White walkers. Without him the negotiations will be very turbulent," spoke Eddard. The way Mance spoke of King Aerys showed trust and respect for the man.

King Aerys was a binding force for the Seven Kingdoms and with this new threat his presence would have done much to reassure everyone yet the man was no longer alive.

"It is said that the King strived to teach his heir everything he could. We can only hope that the Prince is aware of this new threat," spoke Brandon and Eddard nodded.

The Prince had been participating in Council meetings since his twelfth nameday, from what he had heard. And that had been the case for the King's other children as well. Eddard could only hope that the King had shared such secrets with his heir for that would truly help them.

"We should have Luwin send a letter to Kingslanding, to ask the Prince about this directly," and Brandon shook his head.

"NO! You will make ne mention of this to the maetsers!" and Eddard was shook by the tone of Brandon.

"But why," he asked.

"Because the King did not trust the maesters with it. I have another way to contact the King, it will take longer but it is more secure," and as he thought about those words. Suddenly it all clicked into place.

"Benjen!" he guessed and Brandon nodded.

"Indeed, it was one of the reasons why the King insisted on having a Stark as a Kingsguard. I will send the message and wait for the reply, but we must make preparations," began Brandon his voice hardened, and his eyes grew dark as he stood up and picked up a huge scroll and unfurled it on top of the table.

"We will need food. Plenty of food to feed our men. Even with the war, the prices haven't risen that much. We can use the winter and the war as a pretense to fill out our stores. We don't have to rush, but we cannot waste time," began Brandon, and Eddard nodded.

"I will write to Alyn Manderly and have him look into it," and Brandon nodded. Wyman's brother acted as his steward and was a man well-versed in matters of trade and would be the perfect man for this.

"We will need fortifications as well, weapons as well," Eddard pointed at the keep of the Umbers.

"Last Herath is not in good shape. We will need to order Lord Umber to repair his keep," and Brandon groaned, for they both knew exactly what kind of man Umber was.

"We will see about that, but we need to bind together the North. And I think you know what that means," and Eddard nodded.

"Marriages," and Brandon nodded.

ROBERT BARATHEON

Robert Baratheon sat in the castle of Sunspear, waiting for his men to rest before they could begin their march toward East once more. The desert kingdom's weather than harsher than his imagination even though the maesters already spoke of summer ending.

Despite that, the sun's scorching heat made it difficult to traverse the sandy kingdom. Yet it wasn't the heat that bothered him most.

No, the constant ominous feeling in his heart riled him up. He had been feeling anxious for some reason and had been having trouble sleeping, yet he couldn't pin point the reason for such a feeling.

Their march had been relatively peaceful, and he had heard of Rhaegar's victory against the Iron Fleet. Oberyn was also holding off the Golden Company, and the men were eager for battle.

Yet for some reason he still couldn't get rid of this strange feeling.

'Could it be because of Joan. But did I feel the same way when Orys was born' and just as these words were running through his head, there was a sudden knock on the door of his room.

Robert was broken out of his reverie, and frowned as he glanced out the window the enveloping darkness of the night.

Then came another knock, one which was a bit more violent.

"MY LORD! YOU NEED TO WAKE UP, MY LORD!" spoke a servant, and Robert felt his heart thump in his chest as he spoke up.

"Come in!" and a servant entered his room at his command.

"Why are you disturbing me this late into the night?" Robert questioned the man as he kneeled.

"My Lord, I bring urgent news. The Maester has just received a raven from Storms End," and Robert felt dread pool in his heart as soon as he heard those words.

"Storms End has fallen, my lord!" and Robert was out of his bed in an instant as he rushed out of the door.

"GET THE MEN READY!"

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime if possible. It would mean a lot to me.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

Awesome chapter. Nice to see the mc was preparing for the White Walkers.

Chapter 14
Chapter 14

History books mention the names of various men who fought in wars. They write of The Sword of The Morning, Ser Arthur Dayne, the Black Hound, Ser Sandor Clegane, and Ser Barristan the Bold.

They write of Kings and Queens like Jaeaherys Targaryen, the Conciliator. Aegon the Conqueror. Aerys the Reformer. Daeron the Young Dragon. The Good Queen Alysa.

These names are plastered across books along with those of villains such as Meleys and Daemon Blackfyre and the grandsire pretender that came after them. Yet it is a tragedy that the books fail t mention the name holding the most significant importance among them all.

Serra Blackfyre. Sister to Daemon IV Blackfyre, who also used the name of Varys in his youth. She was among Meleys, the Monstrous's daughters and had been sold alongside her brother into slavery. She would serve in the pleasure houses of Lys before getting bought out by one Ilyrio Mopatis, who would go on to marry her because of her unnatural beauty.

Various scrolls mention that King Aerys, in his reign, tried to put an end to the issue of Blackfyre pretenders. Some say he offered them a peaceful way out, yet more lean towards the history that the King sent assassins after Serra Blackfyre and her brother to end this issue once and for all. It cannot be confirmed whether the assassins were truly hired, and if so, then why did they fail? But there is no failing that Serra Blackfyre bore King Aerys and his children a grudge, and she would plot with her brother to have them pay.

SERRA BLACKFYRE

In one of the manses in the perfumed city of Lys, a silver-haired lady sat on a balcony looking at the streets below. She watched as women stood outside their brothels in clothes that showed more than they covered, as they basked in the attention of the men passing through the streets.

The perfumed City had once been an outpost of the Valyrian freehold and had served as a resting place for the dragonlords. And so the city was filled with people bearing exotic silvery blonde hair and those glistening amethyst eyes, evidence of the Valyrian blood running in their veins.

She herself had been blessed with those features, much like her brother. And now her son.

There was a knock on her door, and there was only one person who would disturb her, and she spoke up to welcome him in.

"Come in, Daemon," and the door opened to reveal the form of her brother. Dressed in a black doublet with a bald head walked her brother, Daemon Blackfyre. Though once he had been known by another name, Varys. Yet those names were behind her.

"The Greyjoys are failing as I told you they would, and now they are onto us," she began as soon as he closed the door. She had advised him against using the Greyjoys. Those so-called sailors and pirates had dreams of grandeur yet had no intellect or perseverance to achieve them.

Daemon smiled and shrugged.

"You may be right, but they were the only Highlords who made common cause with us," replied Varys as he walked and sat on a chair opposite to her. She turned to face him with a raised brow.

"And now you refuse to reply to any of their missives as Aerys's son lays siege to their castle," she challenged him softly, and Daemon smirked.

"Well, what can I say? They were good allies, but war demands sacrifice, and we shall sing songs of their gallant sacrifice," he said as he poured himself some Dornish Red and raised a glass to their fallen allies. She shook her head.

"I don't mind their fate, but this is troublesome. Aerys's son will become aware of our plans and our names soon. We need to strike now," she told him. And she saw his mood sour at the mention of that name. And her own gur lurched in anger and hate as she took that name.

Aerys Targaryen. The bane of their existence. The man who had sent assassins chasing after them and had destroyed their lives. She still remembered those sleepless nights as she and her brother would be forced to sleep in the shadows, scared and hungry as they tried to outrun those daggers aimed at their backs.

City after city, manse after manse. They had run until they were forced into slavery and lost their very names. And now they had finally gotten their revenge. And as she thought of the cost of that, her eyes teared up as she thought of her husband, the man who had rescued them from their poverty. Yet Aerys hadn't even spared him and had sought to destroy her dear Ilyrio's businesses all for refusing to sell him those wretched eggs.

"Even after his death, his ilk continued to cause problems for us. First, that second son, Aemon, escapes from Euron, and now Rhaegar lays siege on Pyke. Even from his grave, he haunts us," she cursed the bastard as her brother's lips thinned as well before he slowly replied to her.

"I am sorry for the sacrifice you had to make. I know you love Ilyrio dearly, but the faceless men work in mysterious ways. They wouldn't settle for anything else," he replied, and she nodded as she wiped away the tears from her face.

"I know. But promise me, Daemon, promise that we shall have our revenge. Promise me that his sacrifice shall not be in vain, that you will burn his ilk and legacy to the ground," she asked her brother, who nodded.

"I promise, Serra. I will destroy everything he held dear, and then we shall fulfill the dream of our great ancestor, and the Iron Throne shall finally pass to its true heir, your son Haegon," and she nodded at those words. They had waited for years for this, and now she could finally see that their dreams were in their grasp. They had the Golden Company at their back and the coffers of a number of prominent magisters from Myr, Pentosh, Lys, and Tyrosh.

"So, what do you plan to do now that those Greyjoys have failed," she questioned him about her plans. Daemon smirked as he sipped his wine and leaned back in his chair.

"Ohh, they were just meant to be a distraction!"

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

The events after the defeat of Victarion Greyjoy had gone as he had predicted. After the death of their commander, the Iron Fleet had crumpled quickly under the combined might of the Royal and Lannister armies.

And now Rhaegar sat in a tent as the men laid siege to the main seat of House Greyjoy. The castle of Pyke had been under siege for a week now, and according to his sources, the castle had enough stores that they could live for half a year. And Rhaegar did not have that time.

So, they had to strike now, as the morale of his men had never been higher. So, here he sat as he looked at the map, trying to determine the strategy for the next attack.

Ultimately, he decided to sit down to enjoy some much-needed rest as there was still some time in the war council. As he sat down, his eyes landed on the sword placed right there on the table. He picked up the famed Red Rain. And took it out of its sheath and was mesmerized by the smoky pattern of the Vlayrian steel blade.

Their House possessed two swords in Blackfyre and Darksister, yet both had been lost in history. His father had spent quite some time searching for them and even found a lead to one of them. Though he knew little about that, and perhaps his mother would know more.

As he was busy glancing at the blade, he didn't notice the sound of armor rustling as the tent flapped open, and he looked up to find Arthur walking in with a frown on his face, making him put the sword back in its sheath.

"What happened?" Rhaegar questioned the Commander of the Kingsguard, and Arthur walked up to him and handed him a missive.

"This just came from the capital. It seems Renly Baratheon has betrayed us and made common cause with our enemies," and Rhaegar was surprised by the news. Renly Baratheon, Robert's younger brother, had betrayed them. But why?

He took the missive and began to read it, and there was the mention of his attempt to control Storm's End and capture Cersei and her children. It was a relief that the House guards had thwarted the attempt and Cersei Baratheon.

"This caught us all by surprise. Lord Robert Baratheon was planning to pull back his forces and rush back home, but Aemon wrote to Doran to make the man stop. The increased activity near the Stepstones makes it a high-risk area. One which needs reinforcements quickly," Arthur began, and Rhaegar nodded.

"Qyburn has also been telling me of increased activity near the Stepstones. The movement of the Golden Company and the other mercenary groups points to a quick offensive," and Arthur nodded.

"Oberyn is managing right now, but he won't be able to hold back such a massive force for long. We need to end the battle here quickly so we can finally bring them to heel," Arthur's words were right. They needed to end their business in the Iron Islands quickly to move ahead.

"We could ask the North to call its levies and reinforce Oberyn…." But Rhaeagr shook his head, cutting off his friend.

"No, I don't want the North to mobilize in this war," Rhaegar put an end to that proposal, and Arthur didn't push for further for all of all the people in the realm he was most aware of his reasons for doing so.

If his father had been right, there was little reason to doubt that he was. The lands beyond the Walls were a wildfire ked waiting to blow up. The Free Folks' congregation and then the Long Night's possible return were reasons enough that the North remained out of this war.

"Speaking of the North, Eddard Stark has returned from his journey to the lands beyond the Wall. There is news that he is now rushing to the Capital on behalf of the Starks to convey the condolences of the Starks to the Royal family," and Rhaegar's eyes narrowed at that. That was good news.

"That is good. Now, we will have an idea of the situation beyond the Wall. Though, I am less concerned about them, for we have been preparing for that fight for years now," Rhaegar said as his fingers rhythmically tapped the board. He missed playing his harp, yet he had more pressing matters at hand.

Despite the obscure nature of the threats beyond the Wall, Rhaeagar wasn't much concerned about them. His father had been preparing to face them for decades, putting them way ahead of their enemies. Yet, they had been playing catch up in the current war against their enemy abroad.

And that was not sitting well with him.

"Since the attack on Kingslanding, we have been playing catch up with our enemies, and I am not liking this at all," Rhaegar said with a grunt, and Arthur nodded along as well.

It was amongst the first rules of warfare to not get caught up in the enemy's pace. And while they had been victorious in the battles and had thwarted all of their enemy's plans. They needed to act instead of just reacting.

And that meant doing something unexpected. Rhaegar looked up at Arthur, a plan forming in his head.

"We tracked the messages going out of Pyke, right?" Arthur nodded.

"Yes, they were headed to Lys and Myr. We suspect that's where the heads of this conspiracy are," Arthur replied, and Rhaegar nodded.

"Good, then I want you to write a letter to Lord Brynden Tully," Rhaegar ordered, and Arthur's eyes widened before he replied.

"Are you sure about this? Is it the right time to use this," Arthur questioned him, and Rhaeagr nodded as he began to strap up his armor.

"Yes, it is. We are going to use protocol Stab. Write to the Blackfish and have it all arranged," he said, and Arthur nodded. And then Rhaegar picked up his helm, and he began to walk out of his tent.

"Let's break open this castle. It's time Baelon Greyjoy saw what being a dragon really means."

Brynden Tully, the Blackfish, is quite an interesting character in the histories of the Seven Kingdoms. Brother to Houster Tully, he was a high-ranking noble of Riverlands. Though, after the War of the Ninepenny Kings, he decided to venture to the disputed lands and form a mercenary group.

Only later would it be revealed that it hadn't been his plan but rather King Aerys, who wanted to have a military might across the ocean. There would be no communication between them over the years, and only in King Rhaegar's times, the connection would begin to unravel.

The company was formed by a man called the Black Knights and wasn't the strongest in the disputed lands. Yet grew to considerable strength over the years and some suspect that the King's patronage was one reason for this, yet no evidence has been unearthed to support this theory.

In the 800 AC, the magisters would outlaw the presence of any mercenary groups in the disputed lands and would absorb them to form a military. The Black Knights would dissolve as well and would go into obscurity, yet many say that they still exist, active and waiting for a call to arms in times of need.

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patre0n. Your support makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime if possible. It would mean a lot to me.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

So,they would both use their aces in sleeves.Good for story.

About North - Wildling would do almost anything for right to come.Why not welcome them,but take all Wargs for Rhaeger army?
Wargs for recon and communication would let them defeat any enemy using the same technology.
And,giants.If they agree,and Targs gave them plate armours,they would be unstoppable on battlefield.
50 armored giants would be enough to break any army without any loses.

Children - if they are wargs,they could be used,too.

Chapter 15
Chapter 15

After Victarion Greyjoy fell in battle, the Greyjoy rebellion was mainly over. The Iron Fleet couldn't sustain itself without its main leader and couldn't stand against the combined might of the Crown.

A major portion of the fleet would be sunk to the bottom of the ocean, with many choosing to surrender, and some of the more fanatic loyalists chose to flee and would go on to join the fleet of Euron Greyjoy. Despite massive victories, the Rebellion couldn't really end until King Rhaegar deposed the so-called King of the Iron Islands himself.

The castle of Pyke was less of a castle and more of a collection of towers built upon small rocky islands that had been slowly eaten away by the tumultuous seas. The largest of these connected keeps was a fifty-acre stone-built castle that housed the levies, stables, and weapons. A massive wall rose up, surrounding all these keeps, protecting them, yet in the face of King Rhaeagr's siege weapons, it would be do little.

The castle walls would be breached within a month of the siege as King Rhaeagar led the charge himself, Balon Greyjoy would have the stone bridges connecting the various keeps destroyed in desperation, yet it would do little to stop the King's army. In the end, Pyke would fall with little loss to the royal army, yet it would be on the other side of the kingdom where the Crown would suffer its greatest loss after King Aerys himself.

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

Rhaegar stood in the Long Hall of Pyke with the Royal army surrounding him. He had never been to Pyke before and was surprised to see the state of caste. Pyke wasn't like the other castles of the Kingdom. It was different in many ways, from the way it smelled to the way it felt.

Yet he could contemplate such thoughts later; right now, he had to focus on another point. It was to put an end to this farcical rebellion. Balon Greyjoy was on the ground in front of him, his body in chains, as he knelt alongside other members of his family, including his wife and daughter, Asha.

On the other hand, his two sons were nowhere to be found, yet with the whole castle and the surrounding waters under their control, they would soon be found.

The Lord of the Pyke had changed a lot over the years, with the color in his hair completely gone and his skin wrinkling with age. The man was thin, and his eyes were red as he glared at him with unadulterated rage.

"You broke your oaths to the crown Lord Balon. Tell me, what should the crown do with you?" Rhaegar began as the Hall stilled with silence at his words. Balon's eyes remained focused on him before the man spat to the side.

"What oaths do you speak of, boy? I swore allegiance to your father, not to a sauntering Greenlander like you. As far as I am concerned, I broke no oaths boy!" said the man with a ghoulish smile. Ser Barristan was enraged and was about to rush forward to punch the man when Rhaegar stopped him.

"You swore an oath to the Crown, not to my father, Balon, and you broke that oath. Not only that, you conspired with enemies abroad to assassinate him," and he saw the man's eyes widen at his words.

There were gasps of surprise and incredulity at his words from the gathered men of the army as well, for this was the first time that he had officially labeled his father's death as an assassination. Many people whispered about such a possibility, but now the Crown had spoken out finally.

Rhae stepped forward toward the bound so-called King and crouched down to look the man in the eyes.

"What! You didn't think that we would intercept all those messages you have been sending to your allies," Rhaegar spoke, his voice cold and angry as he took out one of the messages Qyburn had intercepted and threw it at the man's face.

"BALCKFYRE! YOU CHOSE TO CONSPIRE WITH PRETENDERS!" his voice thundered as the men gasped in surprise at the name.

"Your own father helped the King fight against those false pretenders, yet here you are describing the legacy of your own father. Have you no honor, Greyjoy!" Rhaegar spat to the side as he looked Balon in the eye. And he could see the man's mind racing as those gray eyes darted around the room.

And as Rhaegar stood up, the man spoke up once more.

"Names, I will give you names of all those who plotted this whole treason, and you shall pardon…." But Rhaegar cut off the man.

"NO!" he spoke as he turned to look at the man and saw the realization dawn on Greyjoy.

"You broke your oaths to the Crown twice over Lord Balon. You conspired against the King and then declared rebellion, so there will be no leniency for you, none at all." Rhaegar snarled as he stood up.

"This will be the end of your petty rule. Your islands have long made a mockery of the Crown's writ and power. But no more. This shall be the end of this whole farce," said Rhaegar as his eyes lifted up and focused on the unholy symbol of the power of the King of the Iron Islands. Carved out of oily black stone and shaped into the form of a Kraken, the Seatone chair was right there, emanating an eery feeling as if contemplating its demise.

Balon glanced up and paled as he noticed where he was looking and began to shout.

"Have you gone mad, boy? Do you have any idea what you are saying? That chair has always belonged to the King of the Iron Islander. No Mainlander scum has ever sat on it. It is the symbol of our God. Do you wish to incur the wrath of the Seas, you insolent fool!" shouted the man.

Rhaegar remained unbothered by the man shouting as he stepped forward and walked up to the infamous throne. He touched the black Stone and felt an ominous feeling run through his body as if his very blood warned him against sitting on the chair. He glanced at the monstrosity before he took out the Valyrian Steel sword strapped to his back.

"From this day, this Kingdom has no need of you and your Gods," he said as he swung the Valyrian Steel sword at the chair. Balon continued to shout and scream, yet the Valyrian Blade's edge held true as it carved through the chair. Cleaving the Kraken's head into two.

The Seas roared in anger and rage, and it is said that the waves large enough to devour islands rose into the Sea for days to come. Rhaegar's journey back to Kingslanding was tumultuous and ominous as he traversed the enraged seas.

Even to this day, no one has been able to find the wreckage of the monstrosity that was the Sea stone chair, and the symbol of the Drowned God remains lost to the waves; its origins remain a mystery to this very day.

AEMON TARGARYEN

Aemon sat in his brother's solar as he overlooked the various matters regarding both the Crown's governance and the war. The three Council members sat opposite him, including the Lord Hand, Lucerys Velaryon, the Master of the Ships, Lord Manderly, and lastly the Master of Coin, Lord Kevan Lannister.

With the current state of the Kingdoms, they had to meet many times a day, so meetings like this in the solar were commonplace these days. Though, unlike the other times, the mood in the meeting was one of joy and celebration as they all had smiles on their face as they drank watered-down wine from their glasses.

"All right, we should not get lost in celebrating this victory and must remember that there is still a war going on," he said. And the end of the Greyjoys' rebellion was indeed a major win for the crown, but it didn't mean that they could relax yet in the grand scheme of things, it was a single battle. And there was still a whole war left to fight.

The men nodded and put down their glasses, and it was the master Coin who spoke first.

"The Greyjoy rebellion has ended swiftly, and the Crown coffers were not majorly affected. We were able to divert the ships headed to the port of Kingslanding to Duskendale. And the repairs of the Capital's ports are nearly complete as well. They shall be finished before King Rhaegar's return," Aemon nodded.

That was good news.

"May I ask what about the Iron Islands? Has the King reached a decision yet," questioned Lord Manderly. And he didn't miss how all three men in the room straightened up at this question. And why wouldn't they? The Iron Islands were now without any leadership for the time being, and the Kingdom was waiting for his brother's edict.

"Rhaegar hasn't mentioned anything about this yet. But for now, they shall be governed by a governor. The new levies I have raised will depart to the islands to put them under direct Royal oversight. That will be all regarding the Iron Islands for now," Aemon responded, just as Rhaegar had instructed him to. To not give out the details of his plan to put major portions of the islands under Royal control.

The Iron Islands would serve as the perfect outpost for the navy and had the potential to become a trade hub for the world. Yet the Greyjoy had wasted the potential of those lands by alienating trading partners due to their culture of thieving and looting. But now it would all end.

He noticed the three men glance at each other before Lord Manderly nodded.

"I will have the ships prepared for the levies though may I ask has any name for such governorship been put forward," and Aemon shook his head.

"Not yet, but this will be Rhaegar's decision, but it is time we discuss the battle on the Stepstones," he began, and the three men stiffened at that. Not without cause, of course for they may have won a decisive victory against the Greyjoys, but the Crown's position in the Stepstones was quite precarious.

"The news is not very good, Prince Aemon," began the Hand in a thick voice as he stood up and pointed at the map.

"Despite the reinforcements from Dorne and Stormlands, the Crown has been pushed back, and now with the reports of the Golden Company and the Second Sons joining enemy ranks, I am afraid we would not be able to keep our hold for much longer," and Aemon chewed his lips as he glanced at the map again.

"Perhaps we could interest Bravo.." began the Master of Coin, but Aemon cut off the man before he could finish.

"No, we will not make common cause with Bravos. The islands must come under the Crown's control," he said resolutely. And the three men nodded.

These islands were one of the reasons for their House's enormous wealth. They were the center of trade, and despite the troubles they caused, his father had been clear on how instrumental they were.

Yet it seems that they were being pushed back.

"We still control Bloodheaven and Grey Gallows; without them, no proper army could land or control the islands. Write to Oberyn to focus on these two islands," he ordered, and the men nodded.

"And Lord Velaryon. Have you contacted Lord Brynden about his mission?" he questioned the Lord's hand, and thankfully the Lord Hand nodded in affirmative at his question.

"Yes, my prince. He has been told of his mission," but before the man could finish, they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Aemon frowned, for he had asked not to be disturbed.

"My Lord, I bring news from the Stepstones," came the voice of the Grand Maester, and Aemon's heart sank for a bit as dread pooled in his heart.

"Come in," he spoke hurriedly, and the doors to his solar swung open as the Grand Maester came in and handed him a rolled missive.

"I thought it prudent to bring it to you as soon as I got it, my prince," said the man, and Aemon gulped as he broke the seal and began to skim over the letter. And with each word he read, dread and anger rose in his heart.

"What has happened, my lord?" questioned the Hand, and instead of replying to him. Aemon just handed him the missive. Lord Hand read the missive, and his face paled as well before the missive was passed to the rest of the men.

"Gods be good. Governor Oberyn has been wounded critically! My Prince, this is bad. With control over Greygallows, the invading armies have a landing ground," and Aemon nodded, his mind racing as he thought of another Martell.

"The Queen will be devastated by the news," spoke Lord Kevan from the side, and the chamber became quiet at the mention of Elia, for they all knew what such news would do to her in her current state if it reached her ears.

In the end, Aemon reached a decision.

"No one will breathe a word of this to anyone. We cannot risk the lives of the Queen and the child in her belly like this. Until my brother arrives, the word about Oberyn's state will not leave this room," he said as he glanced at all the four men in the room.

"I will write to Doran and my brother personally informing them of my decision," and the four men nodded.

"As you say, my prince. But what about the Stepstones? Lord Baratheon has been forced to retreat to Bloodheaven. We need to support him," and Aemon's mind raced. They had to respond quickly. Otherwise, they risked losing full control over those islands, and the Crown couldn't afford to let that happen.

"Lord Manderly, write a missive to Lord Stark and Lord Jon Arryn. They shall provide the support until the Royal Army can be moved to the Stepstones," he ordered. And he knew that the plan was to keep the strength of the North and the Vale intact due to the threat beyond the Wall. But these were dire circumstances, and they couldn't let those islands fall.

"What about the Tyrells, my Prince? They have men and ships in plenty," came the question, but Aemon shook his head.

"No, not them. They shall have a different target," and he placed his finger on the most extended island just at the edge of Stepstones.

"Tyrosh!"

As the four men sat and discussed the war, a small retinue of half a dozen men, the direwolf sigil embroidered on their armor, entered the capital gates.

Eddard Stark had arrived at the capital, and he had not brought good news with him.

OK, Thoughts?

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Pa-tre 0n. Your support makes it possible for me to write. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime if possible. It would mean a lot to me.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back