• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

DRAGONS REBORN: The Era After SI (GOT story

Chapter 24
Chapter 24

Robert Baratheon was an excellent military commander and had learned the craft of war at the heel of King Aerys himself, along with the King's three children. However, the man would face quite a challenge when he would face Daemon Blackfyre, on the island of Grey Gallows at the climax of the Last Blackfyre rebellion.

Many have debated over the boisterous Lord's strategy and its merits and demerits, and it is agreed that the strategy made by the Lord of Storm's End was quite sound. Yet the strategy employed by his opponent was simply better.

The Golden Company would begin dismounting from their central ships and would take heavy damage by a bombardment of arrows and boulders from the Royal army at Robert Baratheon's back. And as the Baratheon lord would assemble his heavy cavalry and order them to mount a charge to decimate the enemy forces, Daemon Blackfyre would strike.

Using the last stashes of Wildfyre available to him, the man would bombard the cavalry with the highly volatile material, decimating them in a storm of raging green flames. The man would then have the ships docked at the flanks begin their dismounting, and the Golden Companies cavalry would dismount and begin a charge of their own, while Daemon Blackfyre himself led the soldiers from the front, attacking the Royal army from three fronts.

DAEMON BALCKYFYRE-Varys

He watched as the projectiles landed, and lit up immediately and a massive firestorm rippled through the heavy cavalry headed for his men.

A lone shout from the Baratheon lord did little for his men as the wildfire rampaged through their rank and file, burning them, as they all shrieked and cried for help.

"Have the cavalry begin their dismount! We are going to decimate them in one fell swoop," he ordered his second in command, who picked up the horn from his side and blew it twice, giving the signal to the ships at the side to begin their dismounting.

He then turned away and began to walk out of the ship, as he put on his helmet. The men were already lined up and parted to make way for him as he walked to the front, strapped in full armor. The ground shook with the trodding of horses from their sides as the cavalry assembled on their flanks.

He stopped and turned to face the men of the Golden Company, his eyes glanced up, and he found her sister standing there on the deck of the ship looking at them. Their eyes met, and she gave him a nod.

"IT IS TIME FOR US TO TAKE WHAT WAS RIGHTFULLY OURS! FOR YEARS WE HAVE LIVED IN EXILE AS THESE PRETENDERS RULED OUR LANDS!" he shouted and saw the men begin to nod at his words. The Golden Company had its roots laid in Westeros, and many of them still yearend for their homes and their lands.

"BUT NO MORE! TODAY WE SHALL TAKE WHAT'S OURS!" he said as he turned to face the raging fire which was dying down mounted his horse, and took out his sword from the scabbard, and spoke their House Words.

"MEN! LET US SHOW THEM OUR MIGHT! OUR ENEMIES ARE MANY…." And the men behind him finished the words.

"….OUR EQUALS NONE!!!!" and with that roar, he pulled on the reins of his horse, as the cavalry by their side, rode hard as well, moving in an arc-like fashion as they aimed for the flanks of the Targaryen army.

The fire made his horse nervous, yet he held onto the reins and closed his eyes as he rode through the fire, crushing many whimpering men behind him. And as he emerged from the flames, he found the Targaryen army standing there, with their shields up and ready and he was impressed by the discipline in their ranks that even seeing such a disturbing sight hadn't broken their spirits.

He looked straight ahead, and his eyes landed on the commander of the army, Robert Baratheon stood there behind two walls of shields, clad in castle-forged armor, with his signature Warhammer in his hand.

"FIRE!!!" he heard him shout, and a massive volley of arrows was fired upon them, he leaned forward, and felt a number of arrows whizz past him, with some even hitting his armor and making him hiss in pain. Some of his men fell behind him, many succumbing to the barrage of arrows, yet they were now just some meters away from their enemy.

"SPEARS!" he heard Baratheon shout, and men at the front poked out their spears, lining them up as they got ready to face his charge. He pushed himself up, and stood on his horse, and just as his horse crashed into the wall of spears in front of him. He pushed himself off of it, jumping into the air, his sword drawn above him as he brought it down at the Baratheon lord, who brought up his shield in a hurry to block his attack.

"ARGHHHHH!" he shouted, as his sword cut through the shield, yet the armor on his hand stopped his blade, though he did hear Baratheon hiss in pain, before the giant of a man tried to hit him with his Warhammer.

By then the battle had already begun, both of them were surrounded by men screaming and shouting, as the ground was flooded with blood and guts, the brown sand getting dyed scarlet as their two armies clashed with each other.

He jumped back, and the warhmmaer whizzed past his face, and he tried to move in and strike at the man but Robert Baratheon wasn't just massive in size, but the gods had blessed him with inhuman agility as well, as the man suddenly brought down his Warhammer at him forcing him to jump back once more.

The hammer struck the ground, and he felt the very ground shake, and he knew that he couldn't let that hammer hit him for one strike from that, would end his life. He kicked the man's hand, yet he didn't let go of his hammer, and he tried to aim a slash at the man's head but Robert Baratheon quickly moved his head, and his sword found itself cutting through the antlers coming off of his helmet.

And then he was forced to drop down as the hammer passed where his head had been moments ago, and he tried to strike at the man's legs, yet Baratheon simply stepped back, and then suddenly kicked the sand with his foot.

"AGHH!" he screamed in pain as the sand got into his eyes, and he jumped back quickly and tried to wipe his eyes. He saw a Baratheon heading for him, his Warhammer raised and ready to strike, when suddenly one of the Golden Company captains intervened, trying to attack the man. Robert traded blows with the man, yet the man had underestimated Baratheon's might, and one strike from the man caved in the man's chest. Ending his life.

"AHHH!" the man vomited blood and collapsed in an instant, but by then his vision had cleared up and he began to move forward and picked up a handful of sand from the ground and threw it at the giant Baratheon. And as his vision was blurred Baratheon began to swing his hammer randomly, and he knew that he had to strike now.

So, he picked up his sword and rushed forward and tried to slash away at the man's neck, and in his excitement, he didn't see the hammer-headed straight for his side. The hammer struck first, forcing his slash to go wide, and his sword cut through his shoulder.

"AGHHH!"
"AGHHH!"

They both screamed in pain, as he held his side, and blood gushed out of the man's shoulder. And just as he was about to fall, he shouted.

"He is down. KILL HIM!" he shouted and saw one of the captains rush towards the man and raise his sword to cut down the man. Yet just as the man was about to bring down his sword, a glimmer of white and silver appeared in front of him, and cut him down with one slash, cleaving his body in two.

"Robert! Robert!" he heard the man shout as he reached for the man and began to command the men around him, to carry away the man.

And as he got back to his feet, he recognized the man in white armor. It was one of the Kingsguard, the only one present here.

Benjen Stark. He saw the man look to his sides, cutting down two of his men, as the men behind him carried away the injured Baratheon lord. The man looked around and when his eyes landed on him, he heard him shout.

"Retreat! Pull back to the boats!" and as he ordered the treat, he rushed forward to try and kill him, he struggled to his feet, though before the man could reach him, other members of the Golden Company stepped up and stopped the man in his tracks. The man struck down a few of them, but when he saw four people still surrounding him, he saw her grunt as he began to pull back with the rest of the army.

"WE WON!!"
"THE DAY IS OURS!!!!" he heard the men shout as they gave chase to the retreating army, though he looked to the side, and found the bodies of his men strewn across the ground.

They had won, but at what cost.

EDMURE TULLY

The newly enthroned lord of Riverrun walked towards his solar. The atmosphere in the castle was tense with the rising tensions with the Royal Family. The shadow of his father's death still loomed over the castle, and his sudden death had taken him by surprise. Lord Hoster Tully wasn't perhaps the most accomplished lord amongst his peers, but the man had always done right by his people.

The lords of Riverlands had respected the man, and now, with his demise, the mantle of the Lord Paramount of the Trident had fallen onto him. Edmure had always tried to live up to the expectations placed on him, to make his father proud.

Edmure had grown up fairly religious and was a devout follower of the Seven, and the rising tensions among the followers of the Old Gods and the followers of the Seven had been a headache for his father, who had grown frail and weak. And so he had decided to step up, to relieve the pressure from his father. And so he had called the leader of these devout followers, and had begun negotiating with him.

The Preacher, they had called him, was a thin and short man, with bright blue eyes. He was a man of inquired intellect and had the Seven's blessing. Edmure had ordered the man to calm down the preachers. The man had hoped for permission to build more sects so his people could preach safely, and sway away those with sinister minds towards a more peaceful approach.

He was a good man, a devout follower of the Seven, and yet The Crown failed to see that. The Royal Family had been growing more and more estranged from the Gods, and now they had begun to target those who did the Gods' work. They had staged an attack on Lord Eddard Stark, and had written to him about banning the Seven's work.

Edmure had been conflicted, and had sought advice from his friend the Preacher. The man hadn't asked for his support and had told him to just be neutral in the conflict, saying that the Seven would understand him not being able to support their cause in the open.

He had followed the man's advice and had written to the Crown about his stance. Yet the Crown had replied with a strongly worded letter, threatening him with severe consequences.

The nerve! Maybe Preacher was right. The Royal Family had truly forsaken the Seven and had fallen prey to the scientific heathens. The sad part was that his own wife didn't even support him in his endeavor, and had tried to keep him away from the righteous path. Yet he knew he was right. He was simply assisting the Seven in their work, helping spread the true word of God in his lands.

There was a knock on the door of his solar, and he looked up and spoke after a moment.

"Come in," already aware of who was on the side of the door, the guards had informed him about the arrival of his friend and the door opened and walked in one of the most devout followers of the Seven he had seen.

The Preacher, walked in with a serene smile on his face, and Edmure felt his heart light up as he saw the man.

"May the Seven bless you for eternity, it is good to see you Lord Edmure," greeted the man, and Edmure nodded.

"May the Seven bless you, as well. Have a seat, we have much to discuss," he began, and the man sat down opposite to him. Edmure didn't make small talk and picked up the Royal missisve and moved it towards the man.

"I received a reply from the Crown about my earlier position. The Crown isn't happy with me and has called me a traitor and has asked my bannermen to ignore my words, and raise their men to retaliate against you and your men," said Edmure, in a saddened and angry tone.

"That is troubling news, my lord. But it was expected," replied his devout friend with a sigh and Edmure leaned back into his chair.

"House Motton and House Blackwood are already raising levies going against my command, and other houses are following suit as well," he added, Rosalin's house had also raised their levies and had ignored his command. It seemed to him, that they had all forgotten just who was their liege lord.

"The Crown has threatened to strip me of position as Lord paramount. You were right about them, it seems that the Royal family has truly forgotten their duties to the gods above and have fallen astray," said Edmure sadly.

"The devils surround us and corrupt us, my lord. And when one is as powerful as the Royal family, the devil's words sound ever so sweeter and make one forget that they are here on this Earth only to serve the Gods above," said Preacher.

"Indeed," said Edmure.

"I know that you are troubled my lord, but the Seven will not abandon you, I shall pray for you and your house. And as for your bannermen I am sure that there will be those among them who haven't gone astray yet, and will try and lead their lords towards the right path," assured the Preacher.

"The Crown has called its men and plans to come to the Riverlands. If I don't open my halls to them, they will lay siege to my castle," added Edmure looking at the man.

"I want you to assure me that you and your men had no connection to the attack on Lord Stark and have no idea where he is at the moment?" said Edmure, and his friend nodded.

"I swear on the Seven, my lord, we had nothing to do with this. We are peaceful preachers who wish to spread the word of the Seven across the world. I swear on the Seven above, my lord. The Crown is trying to frame us," the Preacher assured him. Edmure nodded.

"Ok, then I shall write once more to the Crown telling them of your innocence. Perhaps we could have the Prince meet you and your men so you could talk to him directly," said Edmure, a plan forming in his head.

"Of course, my lord. The Seven will bless you for your devotion to the faith," said his friend, and Edmure motioned for him to leave, knowing that his actions would not sit right with his wife.

Why couldn't she just understand that he was doing the Seven's work. Well. May the Seven show her the right way.

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime. It would help me out a lot!

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Have fun reading!

Well,Edmure was idiot,so why not?

Chapter 25
Chapter 25

The victory of the Pretenders on the Grey Gallows was the first major loss suffered by the Royal Army. With their cavalry destroyed, and the opposing cavalry laying havoc on their ranks, the vice commander, Benjen Stark ordered a full retreat. The army would pull back to their ships and abandon the islands.

Many say that the call for retreat was unnecessary and that the army could have fought on. And while that may be right, the early and organized retreat would give the army a chance to fight on instead of becoming a wasted and spent force.

Despite the positives, the retreat was a major blow, especially with the Commander of the Army, Lord Robert Baratheon getting poisoned during the battle, for the sword used by Daemon Blackfyre had been coated with poison.

The King would hear about the loss, and would sit down with his councilors to make a new plan. However, it must be stated that the victory did little to shift the tides of the war. The Blackfyres were in quite a pickle. They were surrounded on all sides by the Targaryen forces and could only ever truly move forward, and that is what they would do. And this time they would be facing King Rhaegar himself who would show the world, the true might of the Targaryen forces.

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

The King of the Seven Kingdoms sat in his chambers atop the flagship galley of the Royal Fleet, his fingers thrumming on the ironwood table as he read through the report on the battle that had taken place on Grey Gallows, taking into account all he could as he tried to visualize exactly what had happened.

Opposite to him sat Jamie Lannister and his oldest friend Arthur, both of them quiet as they waited for him to finish reading. By this time, the whole fleet was aware of the battle of Grey Gallows and its unfortunate end.

They had lost. Robert had been injured, and their cavalry had been decimated by wildfire, and though their losses other than that weren't astronomical they had still lost ground to the Blackfyres and had lost the only major foothold they had possessed. This gave the Blackfyres the advantage of controlling both Bloodstone and Greygallows hence taking away the two largest islands away from their control, giving their army no landing area.

"This is not ideal, but I believe the situation is still under control," began Rhaegar as he put down the letter. And he was being truthful, their losses apart from the cavalry weren't too major and their retreat had been fairly organized.

"Yes, you are right. But I still believe Benjen's call for retreat was premature, the army could have fought on. We could have at least bled the Golden Company, yet he called for the retreat too prematurely," cut in Arthur, and while that would have been ideal. Benjen's early call for retreat had its own merits.

"Perhaps, but it was Ser Benjen's quick thinking that allowed the healers to recognize the poison in Lord Robert's wound. Had the fighting carried on we would be mourning the loss of a Lord Paramount, plus with the army intact we could use those forces in the upcoming battle," cut in Jamie Lannister.

And hadn't that been the biggest boon to the early retreat? Robert had faced Daemon Blackfyre in open combat, and from the reports, their battle had been a sight to behold. Yet the coward had laced his sword with poison. Thankfully, the healers had been quick enough to see the signs of poisoning and had treated Robert quickly for the poison, and though he was still not out of danger, the healers were hopeful about his condition.

"I believe discussing what has already happened is futile, we are gathered here to decide what are we to do next," spoke Rhaegar as he stood up and unfurled the map, as both Arthur and Ser Jamie joined him and began to place the mini statues representing their and their enemies forces.

"They now control Bloodstone and the Grey Gallows, taking away both of the islands that could allow us to land our armies," began Arthur as he placed the Black dragon on the two major islands of the Stepstones.

"Yes, but we received reports earlier from Lord Randyll earlier that he has Tyrosh under complete control, so that means that their supply lines are compromised," cut in Jamie as he placed the red dragon on the island of Tyrosh.

Rhaegar placed the dragon on the map at their own approximate position and then leaned back and began to make an assessment. It was safe to say that the Blackfyres now controlled nearly all of Stepstones, at least the main central portion of it.

But they had them surrounded. The Balcfyres essentially had only one way of winning and that was to push forward, and if that was the only way for them they could plan ahead quite easily.

"With their supply lines compromised, they will be forced to attack soon. They cannot sit idle and wait resources for too long," he spoke and the two of them nodded.

"So, we use a pincer attack," he began as he pushed forward the black dragon representing the golden army and the Blackfyres.

"We let them push forward, while we order Lord Tarly to move in from the back, and the Benjen's forces to push in from the side, we attack them from the three sides, overwhelming them completely," he said as he arranged the red dragons appropriately.

He looked up and saw both Arthur and Jamie exchange glances before they nodded along.

"That is a sound plan, but we will need to coordinate it precisely," added Arthur, and Rhaegar nodded.

"Indeed, but this is the best course of action, and I believe with Lord Tarly and Benjen leading the two forces, we can pull this off," he added, and Arthur nodded.

"So be it, then let us discuss the finer details of the plan," and then began the real hard work. And the three of them would leave his solar hours later after having the whole plan mapped out. It was time for this whole war to end.

DAENYS TARGARYEN

In the Red Keep, the situation was tense for different reasons. The young Lord Paramount of Riverladns had refused the Crown's orders once more and continued his support for the faith militants who had grown bolder over the last couple of weeks. They ahd completely stepped out into the open, and were harassing Lords that refused to give them support. The Riverlands were filled with riots and carnage, making a direct intervention from the Crown necessary.

And so, the Prince sat down with his mother and his sister as he informed them about his plan to deal with this whole ordeal.

"Do you really have to go?" Daenys questioned, and her brother nodded back.

"I do, The North is really angry over this whole ordeal, and the only thing stopping them from raising their army and making their way across the crossing is my word. I need to handle this personally," added her brother and she saw their mother nod along.

The whole debacle had begun with the abduction of Lord Eddard Stark, by some faith militants and now had begun to blow up as the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands failed to order their command and do his job of keeping peace in his lands.

The Riverlands were filled with religious riots, and the faith militants had come out into the open and were trying to force Houses to bow down to their will. Yet their Lord Paramount did nothing and had the audacity to call them out for not being devout followers of the Seven.

"But can't you just send 'dourface' to deal with this? Do you really have to go personally?" she complained and saw her mother's disapproving gaze land on her for the nickname she often sued for Stannis.

"Daenys! Mind your language!" her mother cut in from the side, as she gently slapped her on the back of her head. Though Aemon seemed amused by her antics.

"No, I cannot. Lord Edmure is being stubborn and refusing my command. I have to do this personally, to make a display of the Crown's authority," her brother answered.

"Do be careful Aemon, this whole faith militant uprising seems rather pre-planned and pre-mediated to me?" suddenly their mother cut in from the side making her frown. Though her brother simply nodded along as a pensive look appeared on his face.

"So, you seem to thing the same way. I have been looking at it and have reached the same conclusion," and she was surprised by this information.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked.

"This means that someone has been preparing for this for quite some time. This Preacher and this High Sparrow have spent years in training their men and brainwashing the common people to follow them. So, we have to be careful to not fall into any sort of trap," explained her brother and she nodded.

"Then isn't that one more reason for you to not go to Riverlands yourself. Especially with the situation in the Stepstones being as tense as it is shouldn't you stay in the capital to manage things here," she said and her brother shook his head.

"No, the most important thing right now is to make sure that we avoid Civil war and make it clear that the Crown's authority is absolute. Plus, Rhaegar has assured me that he has things under control in Stepstones, and as for the matter of handling the running of the Kingdoms I have the perfect person in mind to take my place," said her brother and she nodded along as she reached for her glass of Arbor and began to sip as she asked him.

"And who is that?" and she missed him smirk as his eyes landed onto her.

"You."

"PUFF!" the wine nearly went down her windpipe, as she coughed a few times before she looked up at the smiling face of Aemon.

"What! ME!" she said scandalously and he nodded.

"Yes, you. Father taught you exactly what he taught me and Rhaegar, so you I believe you are perfectly capable of running the Kingdoms in my absence," said her brother.

"But, that's too much work," she complained and saw Aemon smirk as he simply shrugged.

"You will just have to get used to it then, my dear sister. I leave in two days, so I believe you should join me from tomorrow to familiarize yourself with the tasks," he said as he sipped his own wine.

She was perplexed by this and looked towards her mother for support who simply shook her head.

"He is right, your father did have you attend the same lectures as Aemon and Rhaegar. It is time for you to put them to use," said her mother giving her no support.

"But what about Elia? Isn't she the Queen, shouldn't she be doing this," she quickly cut in as she brought out the best excuse. Though Aemon simply shrugged.

"I asked her, but she said she wasn't feeling well these days and expressed full confidence in your abilities to handle this task," said Aemon and she knew that she had no way out now.

She would have to wake up early now, and she shivered as she recalled the times she had attended their father's lectures on ruling and governing. As much as she loved her father, he was a harsh teacher and would accept no excuse for tardiness.

"I believe this settles it then, I will expect you in my solar at dawn tomorrow so you can familiarize yourself with the running of the Kingdoms," said Aemon, and she felt her fear turn into reality with those words.

"Don't worry dear. I believe you will do just fine. After all your father did say you were more creative than both Rhaegar and Aemon in your thinking," said their mother from the side, reassuring her.

"I believe he also said that she was the laziest amongst us, with the penchant for resorting to her most primal instincts in case of any trouble," cut in her brother, and she narrowed her eyes at him as he slowly smirked and continued.

"In short, he called her an animal," and she quickly reached for her glass of wine and threw it straight at him.

"What did you just call me, you bastard!" and she watched in glee as Aemon was drenched in wine from head to toe though the elation was short-lived as she heard the impassive and unimpressed voice of her mother cut in quickly.

"DAENYS!"

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and cosndier dropping a dime if you can. It would mean a lot to me.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Thanks for reading!

Interesting,for what Baelish here is waiting,becouse only thing he could do here is killing Edd Stark.And try killl Aemon,but he do not have enough Dakka for that.
Considering that dude want Chaos which kill both Starks and Targeryns,and it do not happen here,not die as martyr,he probably run,or at least try to run.

And,it seems that Daenys is political animal here.Poor Jaime !:sneaky:

Chapter 26
Chapter 26

The disrespectful and indolent behavior of the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands came as a shock to many, even his wife, who continuously tried to sway him to follow the Crown's instructions. Rosalin Frey was known as the fairest of the many Frey children, and along with breathtaking beauty, the Lady of the Riverrun had been blessed with sharp wit as well.

Lord Edmure would refuse the counsel of his wife and continue to provide refuge to the rogue septons, much to her consternation. In the end, the Lady of Riverrun would have to step in herself, taking action herself to preserve the prestige of her House given that the Crown had threatened to remove them from their position of lord Paramount after their indolent behavior.

Prince Aemon would join up with men from Stormlands, which were led by Stannis Baratheon, and lead them to the castle of Riverrun, and yet in a sign of utter and baffling disrespect, the Lord Edmure would close not let the army enter his Halls. Yet the Gates of the castle would open later that same night, and bread and salt would be offered too on the orders of the Lady of Riverrun, and the Prince would enter the castle only to get attacked by the Sparrows who had infiltrated nearly all of the castle.

The Prince would survive, yet the tragedy would incite the wrath of the House of the Dragon upon the Rogue elements in the city, and the whole world would be reminded of just how the Targaryens had conquered the whole continent.

DAENYS TARGARYEN

It had been a couple of weeks since Aemon had departed from the capital to deal with the religious uprising in the Riverlands. Though before that, he had first made for Storm's End to join up with Stannis Baratheon. On the other hand, reports had come from Stepstones as well, and Rhaegar was preparing for a massive assault, and many were saying that this one battle could spell the end of the whole Blackfyre rebellion.

The whole war had taken a massive toll on her family. They had lost their father at the start of the war. His loss had been hard for them all, for the man had always been there like a solid wall behind their back, standing tall behind them, ready to shoulder the burden of the whole world. Yet even in death, he continued to help them, even using his own body to revive the mythical beasts of their House for them.

And as she sat in her brother's solar, staring at the report from Qyburn, those very creatures were causing her a great headache. Dealing with the usual day-to-day tasks was stressful enough, and now the dragons were adding to her stress.

"So, you are saying that we have to move the dragons soon," she questioned, and Qyburn shook his head.

"No, princess. The Dragon's pit can house them well enough. After all, that is its purpose, but I believe it will be very difficult to keep their presence a secret. They have grown quite a bit, and their growls can be heard in the whole city," said Qyburn, and she nodded.

The dragons had grown at an astronomical rate. It had been a bit over a year since they had hatched and were now large enough to ride. She herself had mounted her Aerion in the night, taking advantage of the darkness to fly on Dragon's back. It had been a surreal experience, and the thrill and the excitement of soaring in the skies above and looking down at the city through the clouds was simply something else.

"There are already rumors circulating around the city about a shadowy beast that takes to the skies at night," added Qyburn, and her head snapped towards him.

"What? But I was so careful!" she nearly shouted.

"I know, princess but dragons are massive creatures. The truth is that I believe it is nothing short of a miracle that we have been able to keep this a secret for this long," added Qybrun, and she grained as she leaned back into her chair, her headache becoming worse.

"Aghh! Can't we just wait until Aemon is back," she pleaded, and Qybrun just shrugged.

"It would be better if the Crown makes an announcement about this before things get out of hand."

BRANDON STARK

The atmosphere in the North was tense. The Northern lords were extremely tense after the abduction of his brother, and their anger and frustrations were growing with every passing day.

Brandon himself was wroth with fury and anger, and it was only the constant assurances from the Crown that held him back from calling an army and decimating these so-called Sparrows and showing them just what these 'Northern heathens' were capable of.

Yet, Prince Aemon had assured him that this matter was for the Crown to deal with and that he wouldn't let anything happen to Eddard. The behavior of the newly enthroned Lord of Riverrun had been surprising as well, as he had refused the Crown's call and had continued to provide refuge to those militants despite their actions. And there were already rumors circulating that the Crown wasn't going to let this disrespect go and that the Crown planned to replace House Tully as Lord Paramount.

The Riverland was in complete chaos, though things in the North weren't much better. The Lords were angry and were demanding that they raise the banners and march towards Riverlands. And as much as he would like to do exactly that, he knew he couldn't do this.

Had it been years earlier, Brandon would have called the banners by now, yet the years of lordship had made him more mature, and he knew that ignoring the instructions from the Crown so blatantly wouldn't be an intelligent move. And even though he may have the support of his lords in this, such an action on his part could plunge the whole continent into a massive civil war. A war they couldn't afford, especially with the rise of their true enemy.

"Things are much worse than I thought," he commented to one of his friends, William Dustin. The Lord of Barrow lands was one of his closest friends. Add to that the fact that Brandon was his good brother. He had asked the man to his solar to know about the thoughts of the Lords before he addressed them at the feast later.

And Brandon sighed as soon as he heard those words, for he had expected as much.

"Ok, so what are they thinking?" he questioned as he picked up his wine glass and gulped down a mouthful of the Arbor Gold to prepare himself for the discussion ahead.

"They are angry, of course, both at you for not calling the banners. Though most of the criticism is towards the Crown, they are saying that the Crown is being insincere and is stalling needlessly," William informed him and Brandon shook his head.

"Gods. What am I to do with them? Do they have any idea, what will happen if I call the banners?" he said exasperated by their shortsightedness, ignoring that he would have done just that if he didn't know what he did about the enemy growing more and more powerful by the day in the true North.

"DO they think I don't care about Eddard? He is my brother! Yet if call the banners, the whole continent could end up in religious civil war," he nearly shouted and saw William nod along.

"I understand that, and maybe the Lords do so as well, and that is the reason most of them are more angry at the Crown over this whole issue," added William, and he shook his head, exasperated by this.

"The Crown is doing everything it can. We are in a war with the Blackfyres, and without the army, the Crown has to be careful as well. And I don't think the Crown expected this from Lord Edmure, and now the Prince himself is marching towards Riverlands with an army to deal with this issue," he retorted to William as he leaned back into his chair.

"At this point, I don't think there is much else the Crown can do," he added. Prince Aemon had been fairly sincere and had written to him as soon as news of Eddard's abduction had reached the North.

He had assured him that the Crown was keeping an eye on this, and would not let this go. And though things hadn't improved from there, the Royal family had been sincere enough according to him.

"I know, but you need to make the Lords see that, they feel that the Royal family has abandoned them. You need to convince them that the Crown stands with them and is doing what it can to free Eddard," added Williams, and Brandon's mind raced as he thought of just how he could convince the Northern lords about the Crown's sincerity. And then suddenly it clicked and he reached into his drawer and began to rummage through the various missives.

"What are you searching for?" questioned William, and he found what he was looking for.

"This!" he said as he pushed the missive towards William, who picked it up and began to skim through it with a frown.

"What is th…?" but he didn't finish the sentence, and his eyes widened from shock.

"This is from before this whole incident. I hadn't made the announcement because I was waiting for Eddard to come back, but I think it is time to announce it to the Lords," said Brando, knowing that the contents of that missive could assuage the lords somewhat and show them that the Crown stood with the North.

"A royal match for Lyanna! Is this real!" questioned William, perplexed and surprised by the words of the missive, and he nodded.

"Yes, it is. It was one of the reasons she wasn't returning with Eddard. Things haven't been finalized, but I believe an announcement can be made. I think it will go a long way to assuage the concerns of the Lords," and he saw William nodding, a bit dazed still as his eyes remained focused on the missive in his hand.

ROSALIN FREY

Rosalin Frey had hoped that marrying the heir apparent to the Lord Paramount of Riverlands would make her life easier. Yet as she sat there in her bed, her heart thumping in her chest as Edmure slept by her side, she realized that it had gotten life had gotten somewhat harder.

After marrying Edmure, she may have gotten the prestige and respect, yet she knew that if she were to let the man continue down the treasonous path he had taken, she could lose it all just as readily. She had tried to talk him out of it and had used every method at her disposal. Yet Edmure remained adamant, fueled by the religious zeal he had remained headstrong. He had refused to budge from his stance.

And so, even as the Prince of the realm camped outside their halls, he refused to open the castle gates, refusing to let the Prince inside Riverrun lest he spill the blood of the Sparrows who had taken refuge in the castle.

And Rosalin had known that she had to act soon if not for herself, then for her children, whose very future hung in the balance at this moment. Her heart hammered in her chest as she slowly got out of bed, being very careful not to make any noise at all.

As Edmure refused to let the Royal entourage into their halls, showing extreme disrespect, it was up to her to act. And so she had used added a sedative to Edmure's wine and had cajoled him into drinking the modified wine so she could do right by her house and her children.

She looked towards his sleeping form and felt guilty about betraying him like this. He was a good man if not rather fickle and easily manipulated. He wasn't the kind to deceive others and was rather innocent. And though such qualities may be endearing to many, they weren't the qualities of a strong Lord.

"I am sorry, but I must do this for our House," she mouthed as she began to dress up. She slid on a simple dress and a woolen cloak, for the late-night winds had become rather chilly as of late. She then slowly walked towards the door and gently opened it. The two guards stationed outside saw her and gave her a nod.

One of the guards then began to follow her, as her trusted maid Shiera walked up to her and handed her a thick cloak to cover up. Rosalin thanked the old woman and began to walk through the castle halls towards the main gates of the castle.

"Did you get my letter to the Prince?" Rosalin asked her maid Shiera. Shiera had been the maid she had brought from her home. She had been her nursemaid and had practically raised her for much of her life.

The aged woman nodded.

"Yes, I did, and the Prince agreed to your terms, though the Prince did state that there will be no terms if the gates don't open tonight. He said he would be waiting outside the gates, waiting for you, my lady," said Sheira in a worried tone, as she looked towards her with a worried gaze.

"Are you sure about this, my lady?" and the question made her gulp down nervously.

Was she prepared for this? Prepared to betray her own lord and husband?

NO! Yet this was what needed to be done. And so, she would do it.

"Yes, I am!" she answered as they stepped out of the castle gates. The massive path now lead to the large walls that went up around Riverrun. Guards and men stood on the wall, wearing full armor. Beyond the walls, she could see smoke rising from fires, and a few massive wooden towers, that were probably sprung up by the Royal army as they surrounded the castle.

Her heart thumped in her chest as she saw the eyes of several men land on her form. The guards manning the gates saw her walking up to them and stood up nervously.

"My lady!" they bowed as she walked towards them and gave the final glance towards the massive wooden gate standing between her and the Prince. She closed her eyes and took in a gallop of air as before she spoke up in her most regal and authoritative voice.

"Open the gates!"

AEMON TARGARYEN

"Is it wise trusting the words of a woman, my prince? House Tully has disrespected the Crown. Don't you think this could become a bad precedent?" questioned Stannis from the side, and Aemon could understand the hesitance of the man, but the offer from the Lady of Riverrun had been filled with desperation.

She, unlike her idiot lord husband, understood the dynamics of power, and had reached out to him in that desperation, hoping to secure the future of her children. Aemon was angry with House Tully, and they would get their due, yet first, he had to deal with this Preacher and his so-called Sparrows.

"Well, it was the best option. And we will deal with House Tully afterward. She did accept that her son would become my squire and that once her daughter is of age, she would come to the capital to serve as a handmaiden for Princess Rhaenys," Aemon told Stannis about the terms he had offered to the lady of Riverrun, as they sat on their horses, staring at the gates of the castle in front of them.

"That should keep them in line," said Stannis, realizing what those offers were. Hostages. The two children would act as hostages. It was a tame punishment for the offense committed by their house, though given the services of Lord Brynden to the Crown, perhaps such leniency was needed.

Though, Aenys did plan on writing to the famous lord about this whole debacle, asking him to come back so he could put his own house in order and teach his nephew a lesson or two.

"They are opening," said Stannis, and Aemon's eyes narrowed as he saw the doors to the castle open as a cloaked figure walked out of the massive doors.

"Let's go," he said and pulled on the reins of his horse as Stannis and their guards made to follow as they silently moved towards the three strangers that had come out of the castle gates. He stopped his horse in front of them and jumped down, and walked towards them. He recognized the old woman standing at the back. She had been the one who had brought the message earlier in the day, and the other person was a guard.

Leaving, the person in front wearing that woolen cloak is the Lady of Riverrun, Lady Rosalin Frey.

"Do we have terms, my Prince?" came the voice of the Lady of Riverrun, and Aemon could tell that she was nervous. And she should be. She had just betrayed her lord and husband's trust. And he nodded as he raised his hand, signaling for the army to begin their move.

"Yes, we have…." But before he could finish, he didn't miss how the guard standing by her side suddenly took out his sword and aimed it at her back.

"Watch out!" Aemon shouted as he reached for her and pulled her back. The sword managed to catch her, despite his efforts, drawing a scream from her.

"AGHHH!" she shouted as Stannis took out his own sword and rushed towards the man who was quick enough to shout.

"CLOSE THE GATES! THEY HAVE ATTACKED THE LADY OF RIVERUN! IT'S AN AMBUSH!"

And only then did Amon notice the Seven pointed star, embezzled into the pommel of the sword of the guard.

"He is a freaking Sparrow. I want him alive!" he shouted in anger as the Lady Of Riverrun bled in his arms.

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime. It would help me out a lot. So, yeah, consider becoming a patron if you can.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Have fun reading!

Great chapter and amazing story ! I'm really hoping Aemon lives through this mess…

Looking forward to the next chapte :)

Of course,Sparrows must fucked it,and they do not mind if they die.I think,that Eddard is arleady dead.
But,is High Septon ready to die,too? becouse Baelish certainly is not - he certainly prepared few escape plans so far.

Chapter 27
Chapter 27

Lady Roslin Frey, the lady of Riverrun, understood the implications of her husband's actions and struck a deal with Aemon, who had surrounded Riverrun with his men. She would open the gates of the castle, allowing the army to enter and search the castle for the Sparrows and their leader.

Yet as both she and the Prince would meet at night, to strike the deal, their enemies would strike. Unknowingly, a large number of the castle's men had already been replaced by zealous Sparrows, who attacked the Lady of Riverrun and Prince Aemon, hoping to kill them. Though fortune, would favor the lady and the Prince, and they would be able to retreat back to the safety of the army camp.

Though, that is where their luck would run out. The Sparrows would make hostages of the very man who had provided them with refuge, despite his oaths to the Crown. It would be found out that the leader of the Sparrows would be in the castle as well, commanding his men as they made Lord Edmure and his three children their hostages. The Prince would have to pull back to save their lives, yet these actions would lead the other lords to prosecute religious fanatics in their lands with haste, as they all lost whatever sympathy they had ever held for the group.

King Rhaegar would hear of this ordeal, and some men in his army would advise him to turn back to Westeros, to deal with this issue. Yet the Prince would ignore such advice and would choose to trust his brother and sister, believing them to be fully capable of handling this mess.

Back, in the capital, Princess Daenys would learn of this ordeal and, after much deliberation, write a letter to her brother, the effects of which would shake the foundations of the Seven Kingdoms.

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

Rhaegar Targaryen frowned as he read the latest missive from the capitol detailing the happenings in Riverrun. It seemed to him, that these so-called Sarrows were proving to be more trouble than they had all expected and had now taken some very valuable hostages.

"This is a mess, Aemon should have stormed the castle," spoke Arthur from the side as they stood on the deck of the Titanic, the flagship vessel of the Royal fleet.

"We weren't there, so I have to believe that he made what he thought was the best decision," Rhaegar came to Aemon's defense, though he did feel that Aemon should have stormed the castle as well.

But, it was also true that they hadn't been there and weren't aware of the specifics of what had happened and so couldn't really comment on it.

"Maybe you are right, but we are in a mess now. The Sparrows have taken Lord Edmure and his three children as hostages, other lords of Riverlands have locked themselves into their castles out of fear, and we still have no plan of action for freeing Eddard Stark," Arthur countered, and the way he said it, showed that they had a lot of problems. Though, Rhaegar saw through his words and knew that he was trying to say something else.

"So what are you trying to say," Said Rhaegar with a raised brow as they slowly sailed towards the island of Grey Gallows for the offensive against the pretenders. He saw Arthur hesitate for a moment, before his best friend and closest aide, spoke slowly.

"Perhaps there is some merit to the proposal of Lord Manderly. Maybe you should return to Westeros to deal with this issue first before continuing this campaign against the pretenders," and Rhaegar shook his head, not entertaining the idea.

"But Rhaegar, there is genuine merit to this proposal. The Pretenders are trapped. You could go back to the continent and deal with this issue and then return and then continue the campaign," Arthur argued, and Rhaegar shook his head.

"No, this was with the pretenders has gone on for long enough. It is time to end this," especially since they still did not know much about the true enemy gearing up in the true North. He had to put an end to this Backfyre business quickly so he could prepare the continent to face the true enemy looming up north.

"Plus, I trust Aemon and Daenys to deal with this. They may be on the back foot for the moment, but I have no doubt in my mind that, they will be able to pull through," he once more showed complete confidence in the capabilities of his siblings.

"Are the preparations for the offensive complete?" he questioned Arthur, who still didn't seem convinced but held his tongue wisely about his doubts and simply answered his question.

"Yes, they are. The men are ready, I have also written to Benjen Stark and Lord Tarly and informed him about the plan," Arthur informed him, and Rhaegar felt satisfied with this. If the Gods favored them then soon they would clash with the Golden Company within the month, putting an end to this whole war conflict once and for all.

"Write to Lord Brynden Tully as well, inform him about the situation at Riverrun, and tell him that the Crown will do everything to make sure that no harm comes to his nephew and his kids," Rhaegar told Arthur, who nodded, though suddenly the voice of an acolyte interrupted them.

"Your grace, a letter has arrived for you from Kingslanding," said the acolyte as he presented a sealed missive. Hadn't he just received a letter from the capitol yesterday? Why had they written to him again?

He picked it up and unfurled it and saw that it was from his sister, Daenys. And as he skimmed through the contents of the letter, a smirk appeared on his face as he shook his head, and turned towards the acolyte, and spoke up.

"Bring me some parchment and a quill," Rhaegar said as Arthur frowned by his side.

"Of course, your grace," and the acolyte nodded and rushed to get the parchment and the quill.

"It's from Daenys. She has thought of a plan to get us out of this mess and was informing me about it," he said as he handed the missive to Arthur, who took the missive and skimmed over it, his eyes widening as he read its contents.

QYBURN

Qybrun smiled as he saw the Princess leaning over the table, examining the three massive charts sprayed in front of her. Her eyes were sharp, and focused, and there was no sign of her usual complaining and non-seriousness, as the youngest of King Aerys's children showed their true colors.

Qyburn had played a minor role in the education of the three children of King Aerys, and as their teacher, he had a very good idea about their personalities. The three of them had inherited specific traits from their father.

King Rhaegar, had inherited his father's steadfastness and was able to remain calm even in the face of extremely stressful situations. Prince Aemon, had the courage and the chivalry of his father, refusing to bow down without a fight, and being true to his promises.

And then there was Princess Daenys, she had inherited the King's unorthodox mind. And much like her father, she had the ability to completely ignore the habitual approaches and bring out an out-of-the-box solution.

"Are these maps of Riverrun accurate?" questioned the Princess, as she pointed towards one of the massive charts in front of her. He nodded.

"Yes, princess. Your father had them made in his time, in preparation for situations similar to this. The maps contain every detail about the castle," he assured her, and the Princess nodded.

"And about the location of Eddard Stark, are you sure that this 'False Preacher' is taking him to the Vale," and he nodded, a sense of satisfaction bubbling inside him as he finally caught up to the False Preacher. The Preacher was extremely smart and had continued to evade his spies, though Qybrun wasn't one to shy away from a challenge and had finally succeeded in establishing full surveillance over the man.

"Yes, my lady, he is headed to Vale at this moment, his entourage has about a hundred men, and Lord Eddard Stark is with them," Qybrun informed her, and the Princess continued to scan the charts, her fingers continuously tapping the table as her mind raced to search for a solution.

"My brother's armies surround Riverrun, but he is unable to make a move because the High Sparrow and his followers have taken Edmure Tully and his three children as hostages, and we have finally managed to locate Eddard Stark's whereabouts, but we cannot inform my brother of them, in case our communication channels get compromised," the Princess concluded their situation, as she closed the two charts, and looked up at him.

"We are in quite a pickle, aren't we Qyburn," said the Princess seriously, and Qyburn, nodded, his head tilting downwards in shame.

"I am sorry that my negligence has caused all this trouble," and it had. Had he pertinent information about the riots in Riverlands and the growing influence of High Sparrow and The Preacher, they could have planned accordingly, but that time was now gone.

"Nahh, it's okay. We will just have to deal with this," said the Princess as she sat down on the chair and closed her eyes as she began to speak.

"This whole movement is being orchestrated by this High Sparrow and This Preacher. At this moment, we know the whereabouts of both of them," she said, and Qyburn frowned, not seeing where she was going with this.

"Aemon's army cannot move, at least not without securing the hostages which are held in dungeons, and we also need to free Eddard Stark somehow," said the Princess, as a smirk appeared on her face. And Qybrun knew that her mind was made, and she had made her plan.

"Write to Aemon, have him covertly rush back to the capital, and have the 'Kingsmen' infiltrate the entourage of this High Preacher," the Princess ordered.

"But what purpose would having Prince Aemon return to capital serve? It would leave the army leaderless," questioned Qyburn.

"Ohh, he isn't coming to stay. He will be coming here to retrieve the greatest weapon at our House's disposal," said the Prince, and Qyburn stilled as the implication behind those words dawned on him.

"You don't mean…" but the Princess didn't let him finish, and cut in.

"I do. It is time that the people are reminded of just exactly why the House of Dragon rules these lands," the Princess's gaze reminded him of her father, and it showed that her mind was made up a she uttered the fated words.

"Inform the Dragonkeepers to make the preparations. It is time!"

EDDARD STARK

The Quiet Wolf of the North was quiet as he felt the carriage move underneath him. The last time, he had seen the outside world apart from the small glimpse he got out of the small opening in his wooden cage was weeks ago, when he had been kept imprisoned in a cellar built underneath a sept.

The rabid mob on the command of the rogue septon had attacked him, and his men. His guards had tried to calm down the enraged crowd. Yet the people refused to listen and continued to attack, and when one of the younger guards took out his sword, things had escalated beyond reason.

The people fell on them like a tidal wave and killed his men. They would have killed him, too, yet someone stopped them. A person who stood above even the septon, someone they all referred to as the Preacher. And though Eddard hadn't gotten a good look at the man, he was sure that he had seen that face somewhere else.

"We need to hurry. The mountain clansmen are said to raid these lands quite frequently," warned the same voice that had saved his life. And though Eddard was weak, and malnourished, his meals since his abduction were cold gruel and water. His mind remained sharp, and through the rocky nature of the terrain, and the overreaching mountain arches visible through the opening of his cage, he had guessed his location.

And those words just now had confirmed his suspicion. He was in the Vale right now, for some reason, they had hurriedly taken him out of his cell, had put him inside a cage, and had begun to transport him. He had heard whispers about the Crown and the Prince, and he had a theory that they had hurried out of the Riverlands because of the crackdown by the Crown.

And that was a glimmer of hope for him, that the Crown hadn't given up on him. He grimaced, as he struggled to his feet, and then suddenly the carriage stopped suddenly.

"AGHH!" he grunted in pain, as his head hit the wooden wall of the cell. And he could tell that the horses pulling the carriages were spooked for some reason.

"What's going on? Why are we stopping?" came the frustrated voice, of their leader, the one called the Preacher.

"The horses are afraid of something!" someone answered, as the atmosphere was filled with the cries of horses, as they neighed loudly, and tried to break free from their reins.

"What is happening!" the leader screamed again, and by then Eddard had stood up and was able to look out through the opening and could see the men struggling to control the horses.

"ROAR!" and then suddenly he felt his whole body still, as the sound of a distant roar made his heart race.

The men stilled at that as well and began to look around, trying to look for the source of the roar, yet their search proved useless as another massive roar shook the whole ground. Until it didn't.

"LOOK THERE! UP IN THE SKY! WHAT'S THAT!" the men shrieked, and Eddard looked up as well, before his heart stilled, and his mind refused to believe the sight in front of his eye as a massive shadow appeared right above them.

"ROARRRR!" and he felt the whole ground shake as the massive shadow descended, at a rapid pace, landing on the ground in front of him, and Eddard could hardly believe his eyes as the massive beast flapped its wings, arching its long neck, before it opened its maw, showing its mighty teeth ready to tear them all apart.

The massive growl made the men shake and whimper and fail to notice how more than two dozen men had suddenly surrounded them.

Damn, this was fun to write.

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime if you can. It would help me out a lot.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Have fun Reading!

Well,dragons supposed to be used,not hold in dungeons.Now,all they need are proofs that Hight Septon supported this,and some nice burning.

Chapter 28
Chapter 28

The whole religious uprising was being led by two men. The False Preacher and the High Sparrow. To dismantle this whole uprising, both of these individuals needed to be taken out quickly and concurrently. For the death of one could make the other go into hiding or inflame the whole situation, making the handling of this delicate issue even more difficult.

Their continuous string of victories over the Crown were troubling for the Royal family, who had been pushed to the backfoot while dealing with these two individuals. And just as doubt began to linger in the minds of the lords and ladies of the realm about the ability of the Crown to deal with these rogue elements, the Royal family struck its most lethal blow to these two individuals, ending their whole charade within the span of a single day.

It is believed that the plan was hatched by Princess Daenys, who wrote to her eldest brother, King Rhaegar, to gain his permission, something which he granted quickly. A letter was then dispatched to Prince Aemon, who would then rush back to the capitol alone after giving strict instructions to Stannis Baratheon, his second in command.

And then days later, Kingslanding would watch in awe and horror as the very ground of the city shook as two mighty beasts roared and flew out of the massive Dragon Pit, signaling to the whole of the world about the return of the beasts that allowed the Aegon Targaryen to forge the seven kingdoms into one realm.

The House of the Dragon had somehow revived its symbol of power. The Dragons were back.

STANNIS BARATHEON

Stannis Baratheon stood in his tent and watched as the army stood ready behind him. The Prince had left in a hurry after receiving a letter from Kingslanding. Stannis wasn't aware of the content of the letters, but whatever they were, the Prince had ordered him to get the army ready for an attack, and he had done exactly so.

And so, as per the Prince's instructions, the men stood ready, armed, with swords and lances, with the siege engines and trebuchet geared up as they waited for the signal from the Prince. Just as he was lost in thought, he heard a commotion from the outside of the tent and frowned as he heard his guards shouting and arguing with someone else.

"I need to talk to your second in command," came a feminine voice he immediately recognized.

"My lady, Lord Stannis was very clear that he didn't want to be disturbed. I will inform him of your visit, but you should return to your tent," came the voice of his guards, and he began to walk out as the Lady of the Riverrun refused to listen to the guard outside.

He walked out of the tent and saw the Lady arguing with guards as her maid stood by her side, holding her arm, keeping her steady. Her injuries were still new, and the healers had advised her not to get out of bed for some time.

"What is going on here?" he spoke sternly and saw everyone turn to face him.

"My lord,…" the guard was about to begin when suddenly the pale lady of Riverrun cut in a hurried tone.

"Where is the Prince? Why is the army preparing for an attack? I need to talk to the Prince!" the lady of Riverrun spoke up in a hurried tone, her panic visible as she frantically moved towards him. The guards tried to stop her, but he stopped them with a raised hand and turned to face the concerned lady.

"Come and sit inside. We can talk there," he said and motioned for her to enter the tent. Her injuries were still severe, and the Prince wouldn't like it if they were exacerbated in any way.

Lady Rosalin Frey became quiet and entered the tent, her maid behind him, and he looked towards the guards.

"No one comes inside," and with that, he went back to the tent and saw the Lady of Riverrun sitting there on a chair, and as soon as she watched him come in, she began once more.

"Where is the Prince?" she asked, and Stannis answered as he sat down opposite to her.

"The Prince is away on some business. I am in charge until he arrives," he answered. And she narrowed her eyes before she continued.

"Then, can I ask you why the army is getting ready for an attack? The Prince promised me that he would protect the lives of my children. If the army attacks, the sparrows will kill them. IS the Crown breaking their promise?" she asked, and he didn't like her accusatory tone.

The Prince had made a deal with her, and it was the only thing that had stopped him from dismantling the castle defenses. Though Stannis believed that House Tully deserved none of the consideration, the Royal family was showing them, especially after their disgraceful behavior. After all, they were the reason the Crown was in this mess.

"First of all, I would like to tell you that the Crown owes you and your family nothing, Lady Rosalin. Your family broke your oaths, and the only reason your children and lord husband are still alive is because of the magnanimity and generosity of Prince Aemon," he cut in sharply and saw the Lady grimace at his tone and words.

"Your lord husband broke his oaths and, despite clear instructions from the Crown, gave refuge to rogue elements, elements that the Crown had declared as enemies of the Crown. You are in no position to make any demand from us," he warned her, and saw her grit her teeth as she lowered her face. Knowing that he was right.

There were already calls in the army and among the lords to replace the Tully's as lord Paramounts for their disgression, especially after the discovery that they had been giving refuge to the Sparrows.

Though he could sympathize with her somewhat as well, she was a mother and had stepped up to save their futures, betraying even her lord husband for them. Yet she was helpless, for the whole castle was filled with rogue sparrows, who had even tried to kill her and were now keeping her three children as hostages.

"Though, you don't need to worry about your children. The Prince gave you his word, and he will keep it," he assured her and saw her look up as she gave him a small nod.

"Have they declared their terms?" she questioned, and he nodded. The demands from the Sparrows were quite bold. They wanted power over the crown, a reestablishment of the faith militant, and the ability to preach freely.

"Yes, they did. But the Crown will not capitulate to such demands. The Prince has a plan. That is why the army is ready. We will do everything to kee…." But before he could say anything, the tent flaps were opened as a guard rushed in.

"My lord! It's the signal!" said the guard, and he jumped to his feet immediately and turned to face the woman in the tent.

"Do not leave the tent under any circumstances!" he ordered as he picked up his sword, rushed out of the tent, and watched as red smoke rose into the air, at a distance. This was the signal the Prince had decided on, to get the army ready.

"Get the men ready!" he shouted as his squire brought him his horse, and he mounted it and rode it to the front of the army.

Atop the castle walls, their enemy stood ready. Archers and scorpions lined up and aimed at them, as the sparrows rushed to arm themselves. He scanned the surroundings for any sign of the Prince, yet his gaze found no trace of the man until suddenly, one of the men shouted.

"Look there! In the sky!" and he looked up and stilled as he saw something he would never have imagined seeing again. He had read about them in books. The beasts that had allowed Aegon Targaryen to forge the Seven Kingdoms, the beats who had won perhaps the greatest victory in the Fields of Fire.

The Symbol of Power, of House Targaryen, lost in the Dance. Yet as the beast in the sky got closer and closer, he was quite sure that times were about to change,

"ROARRRRR!" the ground shook as the beast roared. The men finally looked up and began to murmur as they saw the beast of legends descend toward the castle. Its massive wings cast a massive shadow, over them. And he felt the very air rustle in anticipation as the beast flew over the castle walls, opening its maw, as he heard someone shout.

"DRACARYS!" and then he was forced to close his eyes as a massive torrent of flames devoured all the men on the walls.

"ARGH!" "HELP ME!" "IT'S A DRAGON!"

"FIRE!" "I AM BURNING!" "WATER!" "WATER!"

The men on the walls shouted as the dragon flapped its wings and took to the skies once more and began to lay rampage on the other side, lighting the towers on fire.

"And he knew this was the opportunity!"

"MEN! ATTACK!" he shouted, and the army roared at his command, shouting as they stormed the castle gates. He watched as the siege engines tore through the gates in a single push, as the Royal army broke into the castle of Riverrun in the span of minutes.

He looked up and found the Prince riding on top of the Dragon, burning the Castle walls, and he knew in his heart.

This changed everything.

DAENYS TARGARYEN

Daenys's heart shook as she felt air rustle through her hair. Her whole body felt cold from the flight. Flying atop a dragon was something she might never ever get used to. The feeling of flying in the air, passing through the clouds, and looking down at the expanding landscapes was something out of this world.

Aerion, her dragon, flapped its wings. She felt a sense of power and control as she saw the men in front of her cower in fear as Aerion opened its mouth and growled at them.

"It's a dragon!" "DRAGON!" she heard them shout, pale-faced, as most of them began to tremble in fear of the beast that stood in front of them.

Her eyes landed on the cage tied to a carriage as Qyburn's men surrounded the entourage. That was the cage in which they held Eddard Stark; her gaze then skimmed through the crowd, and most of the men were simple sell swords, with a few zealous septons present as well.

However, her eyes finally found the person she was looking for. He stood there, wearing a Septon's clothing, a pin in the shape of a mockingbird strapped to the coat. It was the so-called leader, the one who had been one of the leaders of this whole religious uprising.

The infamous Preacher himself.

"In the name of Rhaegar Targaryen, First of his name, King of Andals, Rohnyar and the First Men, I Princess Daenys, give you all a choice!" she shouted, and Aerion growled at her words, making the men back down at her words. The men gasped at her words, realizing precisely who was riding the dragon.

"Drop your weapons and kneel, and I shall grant you a quick death!" she shouted to the men in front.

"Or you fight, and I shall feed you to my dragon!" she shouted, and the whole ground shook as Aerion roared at the men in front.

She saw the men look at each other with fear in their eyes, and then soon many began to drop their swords. Few tried to run away, but Wulfric and his men made quick work of them.

When they saw no hope, most of them kneeled down, and began to beg for mercy. While her eyes were focused on the man who had been the mind behind this whole uprising, and the way he continued to glance at the might beast standing in front of her.

"MERCY!" "MERCY!" the man shouted, before she saw his eyes narrow as he began to speak up.

"WE ARE MEN OF THE SEVEN! MEN CHOSEN BY THE GODS ABOVE TO DO HIS WORD UPON THIS HOLY LAND! YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN HEATHENS! REPENT AND LET US LEAVE! AND IS SHALL PRAY FOR YOUR SALVATION!" the man shouted, and she sighed as leaned closer to Aerion and spoke up.

"It seems you have made their choice," she said before she picked up the whip by her side and swung it as she shouted her order.

"AERION! DRACARYS!" Aerion was quick to react to her command, twisted his face, and looked up before it let out a massive screech as it spewed a massive torrent of flame, lighting all the men in front of her on fire!

"AGHHHHH!"

"HELP!!!"

The area was filled with sounds of men screaming as they whimpered and cried for mercy and help. Yet she remained impassive. These men had made their choices when they had gone against the Crown. Their fates had been sealed right then.

Aerion golden flames left the men as nothing but black husks. And as the last of the men fell down, and all that remained of the more than two dozen men were charred husks, she lept off her dragon as Wulfric and his men brought forward the wooden cage.

"Open it," she ordered, and the commander of the men stepped forward and began to pry away the hinges of the wooden cage. The wooden panel came off with a thud. And she found herself staring at the man they had been looking for months.

Eddard Stark, brother to Brandon Stark, lay there, his face covered with dirt and grime. His hair was messy and distorted, and she saw the man's eyes widen as he looked beyond her at the beast behind.

"Take him to the healer and clean him up!" she said as she took off her helmet, and the man gasped and whispered.

"Princess Daenys!" and she nodded and greeted the man as Wulfric's men moved forward to support the man.

"Is this real? Is that really a dragon?" she heard him utter in an amazed tone.

"Indeed, my lord," she replied with a small smile, "it is real. And that is indeed a dragon. My dragon. Aerion, named after my father."

In the Narrow Sea, atop a black ship named Silence, a very intriguing man read the missive he had received from his allies in Stepstones and smirked as he threw the missive into the open sea and closed his eyes, as a massive smile appeared on his face.

"So, this, why you had me go there, huh?" he said, as his eyes glew eerily, and the winds rustled, and the obscure contraption hung around his neck rattled as he mouthed.

"What is dead may never die. But rises again harder and stronger!"

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime if you can. It would help me out a lot.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Have fun reading!

Well,Daenys had another means to keep Jaime in check,if he start thinking about his sister or Brienne too much.
Jokes aside - Bealish died in his shoes,it still better then he deserved.I expected him to beg for mercy.

And Riverrun really should be given to better House.

Chapter 29
Chapter 29

The news about the revival of the Dragons would shock the whole kingdom. The magical beasts that had allowed Aegon to forge the tumultuous seven kingdoms into a single realm had been revived. The Royal House had regained the symbol of their power and, in the first display of its might, had crushed the Religious rebellion in one fell swoop.

As Prince Aemon's dragon decimated the sparrows and men guarding Riverrun, the army stormed the castle, slaughtering all those who bore the symbol of the Sparrows. A few loyal guards in the castle saw this and rose up in defiance as well, buying enough time for the army to rescue Lord Edmure and his three sons.

The Princess would kill the false preacher, and free Lord Eddard Stark, and have him taken to the Vale so he could receive the aid of a healer, and then fly away towards the capital to take over the duties that had been assigned to her.

Prince Aemon would hold court on the castle of Riverrun, sitting on the ancestral seat of House Tully. The Crown's position had changed entirely in a single day. While earlier, the Crown was considered to be in a precarious condition, the resurgence of dragons broke the scale and showed to everyone that the brightest days for the House of the Dragon lay ahead, not behind.

Many expected that the Crown would strip House Tully of its Lord Paramountship. However, the Prince would honor his word to Lady Rosalin Frey and let House Tully retain their position. However, there would be consequences: Hostages would be taken, and an edict would be passed allowing the Crown to retain a portion of their armies in the Riverlands.

This move would essentially give the Crown direct control over the Riverlands, hence making them the direct rulers of these lands in all but name. There would be some protest from House Tully about this, though the House would find no support from even the Houses sworn to it.

While the populace in Kingslanding was surprised by the appearance of two dragons, they had missed the third dragon that had taken flight along with the first two.

SAERA BLACKFYRE

The atmosphere in the tent was somber, and everyone seemed to be looking at each other. None have the courage to voice the thoughts running through their minds. Just a day ago, there had been hope and joy in this tent as they rejoiced in the setbacks faced by House Targaryen.

Yet as the sun for this day dawned, they were bombarded with missives upon missives from their various informants across the Kingdom. Each missive contained a simple message that had sucked out the life from this tent.

"It cannot be. This cannot be true," Harry Strickland, the leader of the Golden Company, spoke up, as he looked around the room. His face was white as a sheet, and it seemed as if he didn't even believe his own words.

"How can dragons be back? How? We all know the last of these beasts died sometime after the Dance. Perhaps, our informants have been compromised, and this all is just a ploy from House Targaryen to demotivate us before the upcoming battle," said the man.

And the desperation and desire for victory compelled her to believe that argument despite knowing it to be false. With this news, it all began to click together. The constant harassment of her late husband, the desire to buy those dragon eggs, and the extent to which the House of the Dragon went to just obtain those dragons.

She looked towards her brother, Daemon, who had an impassive look on his face as the rest of the room looked towards him. The whole room was dead silent as they waited for his response, knowing that he controlled all said informants.

"It is highly likely that the news about the dragon is true," and as soon as those words left his mouth, she felt the temperature in the tent drop as all the leaders of the army looked towards each other.

Her brother stood up, and moved to the front of the table as he began.

"Had it been just our informants, I would have suspected such news as well, but by now, I have heard the same news from all over the continent. So, I believe the news about the dragons is true. Our enemy has somehow revived the legacy of old Vlayria and now has at least two dragons at its command, if not more," finished her brother.

"Then it's over," cut in the commander of the Second sons, shaking his head as he stood up.

"Three dragons, three. How are we supposed to beat them? Aegon the Conqueror forged the seven kingdoms into a single empire with his three dragons, but now we face not just three dragons but a well-trained and quipped army as well. I believe it's ov…."

"Aegon had three full-grown, mature dragons," her brother cut in as the whole room turned towards him as he leaned forward on the table.

"Aegon had three full-grown dragons, while our enemy has three baby dragons barely out of their maturity. And yet here we cower in fear all because of beasts that are smaller than our larger galleys," her brother scoffed as he spat to the side.

"You should be ashamed of calling yourself a man. Disgrace! What if our enemy has dragons now? Isn't our cause pure? Isn't our hunger greater? When we began, they had an army and a navy thought to be unbeatable, yet we have persisted, and yet with the blood and sweat of our men we have achieved so much. And now we sit here disgracing all of them. We should be ashamed!" her brother shouted, and she could see that the atmosphere in the tent was beginning to shift.

"Rhaegar rides towards us, and is less than a day's sail from us. And when he reaches these shores, and if that be on the back of the black dread itself, I shall stand there against him, for I shall not shame myself, I shall fight until my last breath," her brother straightened up at this, and picked up his helmet.

"The question is, will you?" and with that he began to march out of the room, his sword strapped to his side, as he tugged his helmet under his arm, sending the tent flaps flying as the room became quiet.

Of the ten sitting in front of her, she could tell that about eight were convinced enough by his words, while two of the men seemed rather unconvinced. She stood up, moved out of the tent as well, and walked towards aemon, who stood there, looking at the men drilling infront of them.

"It all finally makes sense now," he said as she walked to his side.

"The persistence to obtain those eggs. And the extent to which they went to, it was all because of this. They wanted those eggs to hatch them," her brother commented.

"Yes, I have reached the same conclusion," she said as she looked towards him.

"And was it true? What you said in there earlier, that you plan to face Rhaegar in open battle even if he has a dragon," she questioned, and her brother nodded.

"Yes, there is no other option. The battle today will probably be the last battle of the war. If we are to have any chance at victory, then I must face him tomorrow. Otherwise, I believe everything we have achieved until now, all the sacrifices we have made, will be for naught," her brother said through gritted teeth as she saw his fists ball up.

"He may have a dragon, but that doesn't mean I don't have a surprise of my own," her brother suddenly added and handed her a missive. And she opened it, and her eyes widened as she saw the contents of the missive.

"This came from Euron earlier. Now, we can only hope that he makes it in time for the battle."

ROSALIN FREY

A thick smell of blood and

Dragon. She had just seen a dragon. According to the rumors she had heard, it wasn't the only one, and House Targaryen had somehow managed to revive the beasts that had stood as their symbol of power.

It was a miracle, and she would have celebrated the blessing if not for the fact that right now, her House faced the wrath of this dragon. A thick smell of blood and fire filled the air of Riverrun as the Royal army showed no mercy to the Sparrows that had risen up in rebellion, slaughtering all of them on sight as the Prince's dragon played havoc across the castle.

And now, with the Sparrows decimated, the rivers around Riverrun dyed in red, the Prince of the realm sat there on the throne as two gruff men of the army held down the man responsible for this uprising infront of the platform. The Prince looked down impassively at the old man, his face devoid of emotion, and his black armor had blood caked onto it, remnants of the slaughter that had occurred earlier.

Her husband, Edmure, stood to her side, thin and pale-faced as he looked on at the proceedings in a dazed state, somewhat still affected by the whole ordeal. Her three children were with the master. Thankfully, they had escaped through the whole ordeal with minor injuries and were fine.

"So, do you have anything to say for yourself?" the Prince's voice swept through the main Hall as everyone looked towards the old man, who had led the sparrows.

"Yes, I do," answered the old man, and she narrowed her eyes.

"How can the Royal family call themselves the protectors of the Faith if you slaughter those who do the very work of the Seven? You deny us the chance to cleanse these lands of heathens and their misguided ways…"

"By killing them!" the Prince cut in angrily, and the old man quieted down as he answered through thin lips.

"By doing whatever was necessary," answered the old man, and the Prince shook his head and stood up, from the throne.

"You and your men are not devouts. You claim yourself to be a devout however, you and your whole sect have been funded by gold that was earned through the most heinous of crimes," the Prince's cold voice cut through the room.

"Slavery!" and she gasped at those words, and the High Sparrow seemed surprised by that as well.

"No!" he tried to deny it, but the Prince shook his head.

"I speak the truth. This so-called Preacher of yours, the man who funds you and your followers, deals in the slavery and businesses of the flesh, exploiting women and even children to build his wealth, his name is Petyr Baelish and he was sentenced to death for his crimes, however he managed to escape and took on the role of this preacher!" and the Prince then turned towards their side of the main Hall, and uttered something even much more horrible.

"Not only that, this preacher was also the man responsible for the death of late Lord Hoster!"

"Impossible," she heard Edmure gasp, as the whole room roared in fury at these words. How did he know that name, and why did it sound so familiar to her as well.

"LIES!" the old man shouted.

"Petyr was doing god's work! And you and your house frames him to make him stop!" the man shouted the High Sparrow.

"I speak no lies, for I have no reason to" the Prince said.

"But that cretin has been dealt with. It is time for me to decide upon your fate," poked the Prince as he reached for his sword, a Valyrian steel sword she recognized. A newer one.

The Guards held down the High Sparrow as the Prince walked behind him, taking the sword out of its scabbard as he began to announce in an icy cold tone.

"In the name of Rhaegar Targaryen, the first of his name, King of Rohonyar, Andals, and the First Men, I, Aemon Targaryen, sentence you to die!" and with that, he swung the sword, and she looked away the only ever sound of a thud and a small gasp.

"And now it is time for the final trial," she heard the Prince speak as she finally opened her and found the Prince looking towards her side of the room.

"Lord Edmure, step forward."

On the island of Grey Gallow, ten thousand men stood in line, their golden armors glimmered in the rays of the Sun as they stood on the shore, as the island was slowly surrounded by an armada of ships.

And as they stood there their commander stepped forward, wearing black armor, holding a flag with the symbol of the three headed dragon on it. And then the whole battlefield halted, the men held their breaths as suddenly the men from the ships dismounted and another army lined up on the shores and as the men lined up, thousands and thousands of men, lining up in perfect order, their shields lined up as the two armies stood face to face. And then stepped out two men, atop two horses pitch black in color, clad in distinctive armor, one gold and the other silver, yet one man was missing one man.

And then the battlefield halted, men held their breaths, and the very air warmed up as a single sound roared over the atmosphere as the men looked around, and then it appeared. He appeared.

ROARRR!

You can read ahead and support me on my Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and consider becoming a patron of you can. It would mean a lot to me.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Have fun reading!

Chapter 30
Chapter 30

The battle that would go on to occur at Grey Gallows would mark a major milestone in the Targaryen empire, for it would bring an end to a near century-long conflict that had plagued the seven Kingdoms, The Backfire Rebellion. The conflict that had begun with the debauchery of King Aegon IV would finally come to an end.

King Rhaegar would enter the battle on his dragon. The roar of which would signal the start of the battle. Five thousand heavy cavalry would charge at the ranks of the Blackfyre forces, while the Rhaegar would stride over the battlefield atop his dragon and douse the opposing forces in its flames.

Yet soon, an old enemy shall resurface. Just as the Blackfyre cause seemed absolutely lost, an armada would break through the right flank of the Royal Army, cutting through the Royal ships in what is even regarded these days as the Drowned God's last Roar. Euron Greyjoy and his fleet would cut through the royal army's ships and enter the battlefield with three thousand men and a very special instrument.

A dragon horn, a relic of Old Valyria, used to control dragons. The mystery of how Euron Greyjoy got the said object is debated even today, and many believe it to be nothing but divine intervention, a sort of revenge from the Drowned God.

Yet no matter as the exiled Greyjoy would blow on the magical horn, the dragon of King Rhaegar would rebel against its rider and come crashing down on the battlefield. And at that moment, many thought the King was dead, Gods would take mercy on the Royal family, and the King would stand up, injured and bruised yet alive.

The dragon would rampage, struggling to escape from the effect of the horn, and in desperation, would take to the skies, eluding the control of the horn, and upon seeing the flag bearer of the Royal army stranded, the leader of the rebellion would rush at him, lance in hand hoping to emerge victorious by bringing down yet another King.

ARTHUR DAYNE-The Sword of the Morning

The Commander of the Whitecloaks's horse jumped off the massive ships. The black warhorse was larger than any other in the army, a special breed specifically for the White Cloaks and the Royal army. However, in this instant, the King was in no need of his remarkable steed.

Jamie Lannister followed him, clad in armor that held more gold in its plates than many Noble Houses held in their treasuries. However, thankfully, the armor was well forged and wasn't just pointless ostentation.

Both of them rode through the rows and rows of army men. The men separated as they made way for them, as they moved to the front.

"Where is he?" questioned the Lannister heir, and Arthur was asking himself the same question as he glanced at the army assembled opposite them. They had already forced them to exhaust their long-range weaponry, and now the only thing left was to put an end to this whole ordeal once and for all.

The cavalry assembled behind him as their ships laid siege to the whole island, hence trapping the Blackfyre forces on this island.

"He will be here," Arthur said, hoping that his words would be true, and his eyes narrowed as he saw the commander of the opposing force step out. His black-colored armor distinguished him from the rest of the Golden army with their golden armor.

The flag he held in his hands resembled the one held by his squire, a three-headed black dragon on a red field. Opposite in coloring to the one he held in his hands.

"That's him, Daemon Blackfyre," uttered Jamie Lannister from the side, and Arthur nodded as he glanced back at the army and gave an order to the men.

"MEN! WEAPONS UP!" he shouted, and the cavalry men picked up their lances as they stepped forward, and they waited for the signal from their King.

And then it happened, he came. A deep rumble shook the very air, and he looked up and found a small dot right above them, growing bigger with each passing second. His heart began to beat rapidly as he saw the dot begin to take shape with every passing second, and pulled down his visor as he shouted the order.

"CHARGEEEE!" and then the very ground shook as the cavalry rushed past him; the gallop of their horses made the very island shake, and he looked up. The shadowy figure appeared above them and opened its wings, casting a massive shadow over them all as it flew past him, its massive roar making his heart shrivel up.

"It's really a dragon! I can't believe it!" uttered Jamie Lannister, and they watched as the Dragon flew over the cavalry. Their enemy aimed a storm of arrows at the cavalry, and the flying beast simply flew over and then he watched as the beast opened its maw and spewed a massive firestorm at the ranks of the Golden Company, just as their cavalry was about to crash into them.

The cavalry smashed through the ranks of the Golden Company as Rhaegar simply flew up and began to circle back to attack again, yet for some reason, Arthur could not get rid of a sense of foreboding.

"We need to join them. The cavalry has broken through their ranks," Jamie said, and Arthur narrowed his eyes and looked at the cavalry ripping through the ranks of the Golden Company.

BOOOM!

"Look there!" suddenly, he heard someone shout and looked to the side, and his eyes widened as he saw a ship sail through one of their ships. Its black sails and coloring and the sigil embroidered into its sail told him in an instant just who it was.

Silence, the signature ship of perhaps the most feared pirate in the entire region. A man who was feared all over the world for his prowess on the sea. A man thought to have no equal in affairs of sea fairing said to be blessed by the Drowned God himself.

Euron Greyjoy.

"They have broken through the blockade!" shouted Jamie as they watched the ships crash into shore, as men jumped out of them. He picked up a far eye and saw the man himself step into the battlefield.

A black patch covered one of his eye, giving him the name Corw's eye. His black hair flowed easily, and his blue lips gave him an ominous look. Yet for some reason Arthur couldn't look away from the man's blue eyes that seemed to be glinting.

And then he saw the man take out something from a box. And for some reason, dread pooled in his heart as he saw just where the man was looking.

"Jamie, take half the men and reinforce the cavalry. I will take the rest and stop these new men from interfering in the battle!" he commanded the Lannister heir, who nodded and immediately had half the men march towards the Golden Company.

Arthur himself pulled on the reins of his horse.

"MEN! WITH ME!!" he shouted as the men began their march, and they rushed to intercept these new men. Throughout this whole ordeal, Euron Greyjoy hadn't moved a single step and had continued to stare at King Rhaegar and his dragon with those glinting ominous gaze.

He finally saw exactly what he had taken out of the box and stilled as he realized just what it might be. Arthur, much like the other children of the Seven Kingdoms, had grown up fascinated by the magical beasts that had allowed the Targaryens to conquer the Seven Kingdoms.

"Archers! LOOSE!" he shouted, hoping to stop the bastard from using the object he held in his hand. The archers followed his command and let loose a storm of arrows.

Yet it felt like the very Gods were against them, as a massive gust of wind made most of them miss the enemy forces, much to his anger. He looked at his squire by his side and shouted.

"SPEAR!" the squire was quick to respond and handed him a spear without question, which he tucked under his arm.

"AGAIN! DON'T STOP!" he shouted at the archers as he pulled on the reins of his horse and pulled his legs, making it go faster.

"COMMANDER!" his men shouted from behind, yet he pulled down his visor and took out a spear from one of his men, and just as he was about to crash into Euron's men, he pulled on the reins, and his horse jumped up, galloping over a few men as he jumped up and threw the spear with all his might.

"AGHHHH!" however, not before a screeching noise interrupted the whole battlefield.

POOOOOOOOMP!

JAMIE LANNISTER

POOOOOOOOOMP!

The screeching noise made Jamie Lannister frown as he tried to look at the source of this screeching sound as he cut down another of the men of the Golden Company.

Yet, as he looked around, his eyes widened as he saw the Dragon screech once more. Its voice felt pained as if the sound was hurting him. And he saw the dragon nearly curl upon itself as it stopped flapping its wings and began an erratic descent into the ground.

"SCREEECH!" its pained growl hurt his ear as he dodged the blade of another company solider, as the massive beast fell on the battlefield, right into enemy territory much to his consternation.

"Rhaegar!" he gasped, as he cut down the man, as he pushed his sword through the gap between his helmet and chest plate.

"Gugg!" the man fell to the floor, and he watched as the dragon thrashed into the ground, and he ground his teeth, as he pulled on the reins of his white steed.

"MEN! TO THE KING!" he roared, and the men roared at his command as he pushed his warhorse through hoards and hoards of company men as the army followed his lead and tried to make way towards their King.

And then, suddenly, the screeching sound of the horn stopped, and the massive beast waved its head as it opened its maw and he recognized that ominous glow coming out of its maw and pulled the reins of his horse, making it halt.

"ROARRR!" the massive beast spewed a massive torrent of flame, which nearly reached him and his men, before it once more opened its wings once again, and roared loudly, shaking the very ground, before it took to the skies once again, yet Jamie didn't miss the empty saddle as it flew right above him.

Dread pooled in his heart, and he gripped his sword tightly as he pushed through the men, heading straight where the dragon had crashed, as he prayed to the Sevens above to listen to him. His horse neighed in agony as an arrow pierced through its armor, and then another yet he didn't stop for he was just near the end of the throng of men and then suddenly it happened and he his horse tripped and he was thrown out of it, and was sent rolling onto the ground.

"ARGH!" he grunted in pain, and his body was in pain, yet he pushed himself up despite the pain and looked up, and his eyes widened as he saw the scene in front of him. Metal clashed against metal as two men clad in similar black armor fought with each other.

"Rhaegar!"

EURON GREYJOY

Euron smiled as he felt the winds at his back, shift the barrage of arrows away from him and his men and picked up the dragon horn his God had made him retrieve. He blew upon the horn, and a massive screeching noise came out, and he smiled as he saw the Dragon screech in agony as it began to fall to the ground.

He continued to blow on the horn, as the arrows kept falling at his side, the very wind seemed to be protecting him, and he could feel it speaking to him as it pushed for him to use the horn.

The dragon crashed into the ground, with a screeching roar, right in the middle of the Golden Company's men. He didn't miss, Blackfyre rushing towards where the dragon had fallen, and then his senses shifted as he heard a loud grunt.

"AGHHH!" he heard and turned towards the source and stilled as he saw a spearheading straight at him. Yet before he could move, the spear hit the horn in his hand, breaking it.

"AGHH!" he grunted in pain and watched as a man clad in silver fell to the ground. His armor glistened in the light, and as his men rushed towards him, the man took out his sword and cut the two men like they were nothing before he saw his eyes land into him.

The sword glistened in the Sun, a rising sun inscribed into its pommel, symbolic given its name. Daw, the sword forged from a fallen star, it was the ancestral sword of House Dayne, and was wielded by perhaps one of the deadliest knights of the seven Kingdoms.

Arthur Dayne.

"ARGHHH!" his men grunted in pain as the famous Sword of the Morning ripped through his men, his blade nothing but a blur as he rushed towards him. Euron's flushed in rage as he reached for his battle axe and shouted.

"Leave him! I shall deal with the dragon's pet myself!" he roared and broke into a stride as he rushed towards the Commander of the Kingsguard, cutting down those of his men who stood on his path as he jumped and brought down the axe with all his might.

"AHHHHH!"

CHING!

Yet the bastard blocked his attack, meeting the edge of his axe with his sword. Euron stared into the man's eyes and smiled.

"Arthur Dayne, shouldn't you be with your King," he spoke as the man parried his strike and tried to cut off his neck.

"Hahaahaa," Euron laughed as he ducked under the strike and aimed a kick at man's torso, yet the bastard jumped back. But he didn't relent and swung his axe once more, yet the bastard parried his strike once again, and then before he could bring up his axe, the bastard swung his sword at his face.

The strike hit his helmet, pushing him back, and then he took the opportunity and unleashed a flurry of strikes at him.

Euron gritted his teeth as he dodged the strikes, as he felt blood dripping from his face, and then he roared as he parried one of the strikes to the right and pushed forward, and hit the man with his helmet.

"AHHHHH!" he shouted as the Sword of the Morning was pushed back, and Euron pushed forward, and began to swing his axe trying to cut off the bastard's head, yet the man blocked his strikes.

CHING.

CHING. CHING.

Metal clashed against metal until suddenly he saw those amethyst orbs glint as the man suddenly took a step back, and the blade moved as a blur, and he heard his axe fall before he could react, and then he felt a searing pain as he looked down and found red stub in place of his hand.

THUUNK!

"ARGHH!" he screamed in pain and tried to jump back, yet the man was a flurry of activity and then before he could react, he felt his vision shift as the whole world began to turn, and then he felt his head lighten as the last thing he saw was the man's feet before suddenly it all went black.

Back in the main encampment of the rebellion forces, a woman sat on a chair, dried tears on her cheeks, as she slowly wrote with a quill on a piece of parchment as the sound of a crying babe filled the tent.

In the end, she stood up and walked up to the child crying in his cot at the side of the tent and placed what she had written in it as she reached for the child and chewed her lips.

"Forgive me, Haegon!" and with that, she gave the child a loving kiss as tears dripped down her face.

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, consider becoming a patron. It would help me out a lot.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

Have fun reading!

And a bit belated Happy Thanksgiving!

Good chapter,as always.If Drowned god really favoured Euron,he should get few Krakens to play with.
And,it is end of rebellion,but Euron blue eye....is he allied with Others here? remember few stories,when it happened.

Well,do not matter,dude is dead.

Chapter 31
Chapter 31

The battle between King Rhaegar and Daemon Blackfyre would mark the end of the Blackfyre rebellion. The battle of Grey Gallows would be the last major battle of the rebellion and would mark the end of the year-long campaign that had begun with the death of King Aerys Targaryen.

Many historians believe that the Blackfyre rebellion was a result of King Aerys's actions when he sent assassins after Daemon and Saera Blackfyre, the last two Blackfyres that had taken refuge across the Narrow Sea. And while many historians accept such a position, the truth is that even today, we have no evidence that King Aerys even sent those assassins.

On the other hand, we do know about the greedy and ambitious nature of the Cheesemongrer, Magister Illyrio Mopatis.

A minority of historians believed that it was he who sent assassins after the two Blackfyre progeny, hoping to gain influence over them and later use them to fuel his ambitions. Who really sent those assains is a mystery that shall remain unanswered for years to come, and people shall continue to debate over it.

The end of the war, however, was rather tragic. King Rhaegar, injured from his Dragon's fall, faced Daemon Targaryen in single combat and bested the man, ending the war. The Royal Army would triumph over the rebellion forces who would lose their morale after seeing their commander fall and would collapse instantly.

And so, with the battle concluded, the King would make a round of the enemy encampments and, in the largest tent, find the dead body of a woman, cradling a small child in her arms.

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

Dust covered half the battlefield obscuring his view, as he fell to the ground. Rhaegal's feral roar sent a shiver through him as his vision blackened momentarily, and his tail whipped right above him as he continued to roar in agony. The sound of a horn continued to rippled through the air, making Rhaegal feral before suddenly the sound stopped.

"Roarrr!" Rhaegal roared as the sound lessened, and opened its maw and let out a firestorm, before it opened its wings and began flapping them, making the dust rise up as it took to the skies.

"Rhaegal! Umbagon!" yet his dragon paid his words no heed, as Rhaegar struggled to his feet, as sound of men screaming filled the air.

"Naejot nyke!" yet no effect as Rhaegar saw its feet lift off the ground as it began to fly away, leaving him, there.

"Rhaegar Targaryen!" he heard his name getting called out, and turned towards the source and found a man staring at him. Clad in Black armor with the sigil of his House forged into it, his helmet was off and showed Rhaegar his face, the face of the man who was behind this whole rebellion.

"Blackfyre! You and I both know that you have lost. Surrender, and I shall give you an easy death!" Rhaegar said through gritted teeth as pain seared through his leg, and the man nodded.

"No, I would rather die than bow to someone like you," said the man as he took out his sword, a blade of Valyrian Steel, and Rhaegar did the same as he began to slowly approach him. His pace increasing with each step.

Rhaegar took out his own sword and ground his feet into the sand as he got ready to face the instigator of this rebellion.

"AGHHH!" Blackfyre charged at him, his sword coming down for his head. Rhaegar grit his teeth and parried the strike. Metal struck against metal, and the dance of death began. Our movements were a blur, with each of us aiming to end this whole war with one strike of our blades.

Rhaegar gritted through the pain as he used all his experience to parry his strikes and watched as Daemon became more and more desperate. The world around him became a blur, as he continued to defend against Daemon's onslaught.

In the end, he struck. Feigning weakness around his injured leg, Rhae set the bait, which Blackfyre took. He swung his sword at an awkward angle, giving him enough time to duck and plunge his blade into the man's thing.

"AGHHH!" Daemon screamed and lashed out with a wide swing of his sword, which Rhaegar barely dodged, the sword cutting a slice of his helmet, yet he didn't stop and pushed himself forward, tackling the man to the floor.

"GUMPH!" they both fell to the ground, their swords sent clattering as Rhaegar settled on top of him and clasped his hands around Daemon's neck.

"AGHHHHH!" He screamed as Daemon struggled under his weight. He struck him in the ribs, in the chest, in the side. Yet Rhaegar bore the pain and watched as his face became flushed as he struggled to breathe.

"No…you….fr…." he tried to mouth, yet Rhaeagar was not listening and simply watched as the life was drained from those amethyst eyes, right infront of him. He struggled a lot, in the end, yet in the end, his body became lifeless, as Rhaegar finally took a deep breath and fell to the side, heaving as he took off his helmet and gulped down a mouthful of air.

Blood dripped from his head and reached his eyes, dying his vision red, as he heard men surround him.

"Your grace1 King Rhaegar!" he heard them call, and saw as men of the army surrounded him, brandishing their swords, as someone clad in golden armor reached for him and helped him sit up.

"Are you fine, your grace!" Jamie questioned, and Rhaegar nodded as Jamie helped him to his feet.

"Yes, I am fine," he said as he looked towards the lifeless form of Daemon Blackfyre right by his side, and walked towards it, picking up the sword. He cleaved his head right off it with a single strike, before he picked it up and raised it as high as he could as he shouted.

"DAEMON BLACKFYRE IS DEAD!" he shouted and saw the men of the golden company halt at his words as they saw him raise the head of their leader.

"YOUR CAUSE IS LOST! SURRENDER, AND I SHALL SHOW YOU MERCY! OTHERWISE, THIS ISLAND SHALL BECOME THE GRAVE FOR ALL OF YOU!" he shouted and saw the men shift nervously as they began to look at each other before suddenly swords began to hit the floor, as men of the company began to run, leaving their weapons as they left the battlefield.

The Battle was won. The Rebellion was over!

JAMIE LANNISTER

Jamie Lannister watched as the Royal army rounded up what was left of the rebellion forces. After the death of Daemon Blackfyre, the rebellion forces had collapsed very quickly. The Royal army now rounded up what was left of the rebellion forces, as the healer tended to King Rhaegar behind him.

Besides Rhaegar stood Ser Arthur Dayne, as the King's dragon flew around the island.

"It's finally over. We have received a missive from Lord Tarly that all those who escaped on the ships, have been apprehended by Lord Tarly and his forces. All the commanders of the Golden company have been captured," the captain of the Kingsguard informed them, and he saw Rhaegar sigh in relief at this news.

"Good. That is good," said the King, as he saw two men from the army walk towards the King.

"Your grace, you need to see this," and he saw Rhaegar frown as he stood up as he and Arthur made to follow him. The men led them through the Blackfyre encampments before they came to a halt near the main camp.

The two men stood to the side and made way for King Rhaegar and them. They stepped into the tent and stilled as they saw the scene inside the tent.

"No, it cannot be," Arthur mouthed as Jamie looked away and they saw the floor was wet with blood as. There on the chair sat the unconscious form of a woman clad in fine silks. Her hair was smooth silver blonde, just like the King's, and in her arms was a child.

King Rhaegar was the first to step forward as he slowly moved towards the woman. And suddenly, as if sensing their presence, the child began to wail.

"AWWWWWW!" the tent was filled with the cries of the child, and they were all startled by the cries of the child.

"It's alive. It's alive!" he gasped and saw the King nod as he shouted at the two army men.

"Go and get a septa!" the men rushed away as the King walked towards the table and picked up a piece of parchment placed there.

"She is Saera Blackfyre, Daemon Blackfyre's sister, the wife of the magister," the King spoke, and he frowned as he looked towards Ser Arthur Dayne. Magister?

"Illyrio Mopatis, he was a magister in Pentosh. We believe that he had a major role in the organizing of this rebellion," the commander of the Kingsgaurd informed him, and Jamie nodded.

Two septas then suddenly entered the tent, huffing as they bowed towards the King.

"You called for us your grace," and the King nodded and pointed towards the child.

"Take the child and nurse for him. Do not let it out of your sight. The two men outside will be with you at all times," the King ordered, and the Septas were quick to bow. And Jamie didn't miss how their faces paled as they saw the state of the dead woman.

They hesitantly reached for the crying child and moved out of the tent as the King continued to read through the piece of parchment with a frown.

"What is it?" Arthur Dayne questioned King Rhaegar.

"You became a Kingsguard quite early in my father's reign, didn't you, Arthur?" the King questioned, and Ser Arthur nodded.

"Yes," he answered and saw the King frown.

"Did my father send any assassins after the Blackfyres," the King suddenly questioned as the whole room stilled at those words? He saw Sir Arthur frown and slowly shook his head.

"No, not from what I could recall. And if he had done anything like this, wouldn't he have told you as well, your grace," he saw the King nod as he folded the piece of parchment and placed it in his pocket.

"According to her, she believes my father sent assassins after her and her brother, robbing them of their childhood, forcing them into slavery, yet he never mentioned it to me ever," the King said with a frown.

"There is only one person who can answer this," and at this, the King looked towards him, making him frown.

"My father?" he guessed, and the King nodded.

"Yes, Lord Tywin was part of the council after the First uprising. If anyone is to know anything about this, then it would be him." The King said, and Jamie nodded.

"I will have him come to the capital," he said, and the King nodded.

"What about the child?" the leader of the white cloaks questioned from the side, and he saw the King frown as he chewed his lips.

"I don't know. I will have to talk about it with the rest of the family, but I don't feel comfortable condemning a child to the sins of his parents," said the King, and Arthur nodded.

"But you do know what that child represents, your grace," and he saw the King chew his lips as he nodded.

"I do,"

"Then end it. I know that this is not the most honorable thing, but that one child could one day grow up and become the corner point of another rebellion. We cannot take a chance on this," Jamie pleaded and saw the King shake his head.

"Not right now, Ser Jamie. We have spilled enough blood today. We will talk about this later," have the men rounded up, and have them chained.

"The war is over! It is time that the realm sees peace again!"

On the other side of the world, across the Wall in the castle of Hardhome, a man sat on one of the towers his eyes white as milk as he sat there shaking as a crow ventured the skies of the true North, and as it flew across the skies the bird quivered as it saw the storm of blue assembling in the lands beyond the Wall.

The man sitting on the tower shook as his irises regained their color before he shot to his feet and rushed inside the castle, running towards the main solar. And then, without a knock, he would enter the room and shout.

"They are on the move!"

The Last Blackfyre rebellion would end with the death of Daemon Blackfyre and Saera Blackfyre on the island of Grey Gallows. And many consider this to be the end of the lineage of the Black Dragon, yet that is not the truth.

While it is often thought that Haegon Blackfyre, the son of Saera Blackfyre, was found dead by the victorious forces of the Targaryen empire, we would later learn through the diaries of Lady Daenys Targaryen that the babe was, in truth, alive after the war, and was claimed dead to discourage the enemies of the Royal family from searching for him.

Many believe that this boy was the silver-haired apprentice of Tyrion Lannister, Saerys, who would go on to become a rather prominent figure in the religious wars that would happen in the later part of the year 450 AC. History books fail to provide information about the man's wife and children. However, House Greyhelm, ennobled by King Rhaegar III in 512 AC, claims to be descendants of Saerys the Godless.

Many would believe that the Blackfyre rebellion would be the greatest battle of King Rhaegar's reign, yet years later, the realm would gear up for war once more, this time their enemy, an ancient evil whose victory would mean the end of mankind itself. An enemy whose eventual rise is said to have been the main reason behind Aegon's conquest through a prophecy aptly named the Song of Ice and Fire.

"From my blood come the prince that was promised, and his will be the song of ice and fire."

Cue GOT opening!

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patreon. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime. It would help me out a lot.

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

P/S: Right now, you can get an early look at my new Batman fic (White Knight) based on Nolan's trilogy. So, yeah more incentives to join.

Sparing baby was rather strange for Targeryns.They do not have problems with ending dynasties,including children.

Sparing baby was rather strange for Targeryns.They do not have problems with ending dynasties,including children.
I was more surprised to hear Jamie suggest it. I thought that he was more idealistic at this point in his life.

I thought it is a typing mistake calling Daemon blackfyre Daemon Targaryen
The end of the war, however, was rather tragic. King Rhaegar, injured from his Dragon's fall, faced Daemon Targaryen in single combat and bested the man, ending the war. The Royal Army would triumph over the rebellion forces who would lose their morale after seeing their commander fall and would collapse instantly.
this is the line if can't find it

Chapter 32
Chapter 32

The end of the rebellion would mark the true beginning of the reign of King Rhaegar Targaryen. The firstborn son of King Aerys had won the wars, yet how he would fare in times of peace was a question many had in their minds, for King Aerys's greatest victories had been won in times of peace with his various reforms instead of wars of which there had been few in his time.

After the end of the War and the rout of the Golden Company on the isle of Grey Gallows, the magisters of the Triarchy would call for a parley, one which the Iron Back would offer to organize. And though the battle of Grey Gallows would mark the end of the clash of swords, the war would only truly end after the infamous parley of Braavos, a parley which would change the very map of the world.

Many in the Kingdoms would balk at this and petition the King to continue his occupation of the Lands beyond the Narrow Sea, yet King Rhaegar would decide against it and would accept the offer of parley.

With the Crown's army in full control of Stepstones and the cities of Myr, Lys, and Tyrosh, the armies were stretched too thin and the lands held by them too foreign, though that didn't mean the King was going to let the magisters who had backed Daemon Blackfyre and his rebellion, get away easily.

The return of the Dragons was another factor that troubled the people beyond the Narrow Sea, and secret councils would be held as the free cities feared a replay of Aegon's conquest, yet this time on their side of the Narrow Sea.

At home, celebrations were in order. The Crown had won the war, and though there had been losses, the Crown had come out of the war stronger and more resilient. The Iron Islands were now under the control of the Royal family, who would keep the isles under its rule, erasing their autonomous status, and appoint Lord Rodrik Harlaw as a governor to the isles.

And many historians remark that the Seven Kingdoms became Six for some time after this measure, though the number would soon become seven once more.

The traditional practices of enslaving thralls and taking the Iron Prince would be abolished, and a strict charter of rules would be enforced in the isles through a unit of the Royal Navy, which would take the isle of Pyke as their permanent base.

Lords High and Low would balk at this and fear the growing power of the Crown, yet the rising stacks of Gold in their treasuries would lower the pain as the Crown turned the once lawless lands into one of the Kingdom's premier trading ports.

The Royal Army would regularly patrol the lands of Riverrun, much to the frustration of Lord Edmure Tully, yet the Lord was powerless to do anything, with no allies to turn to outside and even in his own home where the relation between him and his wife Lady Rosalin Frey was said to become rather cold after the end of the rebellion.

TYCHO NESTRIS- A key holder of the

The very air of Braavos was tense as the people in the city whispered in secret about the secret parley set to take place in the City. The Purple harbor had been opened to foreign ships for the first time in a hundred years as ships from the land across the Narrow Sea, ships bigger and faster than the ones produced in the famed hulls of Braavos, docked in the harbor. Their sails are decorated with the sigil of a three-headed dragon coiled around itself.

House Targaryen, a legacy of Valyria, had ruled over the Seven Kingdoms for nearly three centuries now. Many thought that the House of the Dragon had been on the decline since the days of the conciliator, with the tragedy of the Dance taking away their symbol of power. And it was true, for nearly a hundred and fifty years after the death of the conciliator, the House had lost more and more of its power and prestige.

Until one man had changed it all. Aerys Targaryen, son of the namesake of the conciliator, the man had been the conciliator come again and had transformed the once back trodden lands of the seven kingdoms to one that now leads the world in several fields.

The powerful in the city had rejoiced at the man's death, hoping that his death would help curb the progress of the lands of Westeros yet they had been wrong.

And as he stood on the shores of the purple harbor as the men of the Targaryen Royal army step out of their ships, men with hardened eyes, clad in full castle-forged armor, their march symmetrical and of one mind speaking of hours and hours of practice.

Yet as the proposed hundred men stepped out of the ship, there was still no sign of the main envoy of the Seven Kingdoms. He saw some men step off. A fat man dressed in blue instead of the regular black, and a golden pin strapped to his chest so that he was one of the King's councilors.

Tycho Nestris walked towards the fat, balding man, who had an unusual smile on his face as the soldiers formed into lines behind him.

"You must be the representative from the Iron Bank," said the man in a joyful tone, and Tycho Nestris nodded.

"Indeed, I am Tycho Nestris, a key holder. Though I am afraid I am afraid you have me at a loss, my lord," he said, and the man laughed boisterously, and Tycho's eyes narrowed onto the fat fingers of the man and the various gold rings worn over them.

And he recognized the pattern on one of the rings, a merman holding a trident. The symbol of House Manderly of the North.

"I am Wyman Manderly, Lord of White Harbor, Warden of the White Knife, and have been chosen by the King to serve as his Master of Ships," the man replied, and Tycho nodded as he once more scanned his surroundings and saw no sign of the King or anyone else from the Royal family descending from the massive vessel.

The fat man seemed to realize what was going through his mind and replied from the side.

"They will be here," came the reply and he frowned, and as he was about to question how. He stilled as a massive roar, shook the entire harbour, and he saw the plump man smile as the soldiers began to move and clear away the men in the harbor.

A shadow passed over him, and he glanced up and stilled as he saw three massive beasts, dancing over the skies of his city. By now, rumors about the return of the Dragons had spread far and wide. The last he had heard at the end of the war had been that the dragons were the size of a dozen horses, yet the beasts circling the massive domes of the Sealord's palace were much, much bigger than that.

They had expected this, expected that the Hose of the Dragon would try and make a show of their power. Yet this was beyond their expectations as he watched the three massive beasts descend towards the harbor. The movement of their wings made the dust rise up and he covered his eyes before some of the soldiers stepped forward and covered him as the very ground shook and the three massive beasts landed on the ground one after another.

Their colorings were different, and the three roared together, making him still as a cold chill passed through him.

"Gīda ilagon!" he heard someone mutter, and the dragons calmed down, their slit-like eyes scanning the surroundings as Tycho Nestris stepped forward, ready his servants behind him with bread and salt.

Three people jumped off the massive beasts, clad in light armor, with steel helmets fashioned into a dragon's head, on their heads as they came together, and Tycho thought of Aegon and his sister wives.

Though the things were different, and only one amongst the three was a woman, and he was mesmerized as the three took off their helms, their silvery blonde hair flowing out, and their godly appearances there for all to see.

Their faces were different yet held some similarities, given their shared blood. He felt a pair of familiar amethyst eyes lock into him as one amongst the three stepped forward.

Rhaegar Targaryen was a grown man, slender in comparison to his father, yet had proven himself to be just as dangerous, of not more, given he held his two siblings to guard this back, with rumors of that the relationship between the three siblings was exceptionally cordial.

"Welcome to Braavos, your grace," Tycho said as the man believed by many to be the most powerful person in the world stepped forward and took a bite of the ceremonial bread.

"Tell me, have the preparations been made," questioned the King, his voice sharp and cold, as he stared at him impassively with those amethyst orbs.

And Tycho nodded as he forced himself to ignore the three pairs of slit-like eyes focused on him.

"Yes, King Rhaegar. Everything is ready, but I was hoping that you could rest a bit. The journey would have probably taken a to…." But the man raised his hand and stopped him mid-sentence.

"No, I have not come here to rest. Take us to the parley side, let us see what peace is worth to those magisters!"

RHAELLA TARGARYEN

The city of Kingslanding was filled with men and women as the preparations for the Royal wedding were underway. The whole realm was in a joyous mood as the Crown prepared for the wedding of its favored Princess. The work of organizing everything had fallen to her, and she could feel her age catching up with her, so she found herself sitting down with her two grandchildren as she took some respite from all the work.

Elia and Lyanna would often join her, but Elia was busy having taken over Rhaegar's duties of answering the petitions, while Lyanna was resting, as the maesters thought that she might be carrying a child in her belly.

Aemon had married Lyanna Stark earlier in the year, with Rhaegar granting him the seat of Duskendale as his keep. The marriage had been celebrated across the realm, though the ceremony had been somewhat simpler in comparison to the one that was being organized for Daenys.

Aemon and his wife had little appreciation for fanfare, with eh newly wedded couple making the Red Keep remember tales of Baelon and Alyssa Targyen. Lyanna Stark was a Northern beauty and lacked much of the subtleties of the Southern ladies, she had a wild side to her and rode horses, and spoke plainly. Her and Elia had taken much joy as they had watched the ladies at Court splutter around her, shocked by her behavior.

Though she liked the girl, she was honest and, most of all, made Aemon happy, though the same could not be said the faith. The High Septon had been surprised when the girl had refused to take the Seven as her Gods, and in the end, the Crown had to remind the man of the discretions of the Seven in recent times and how the Crown was running out of patience with him and his ilk.

"Buy, why did all three of them have to go? They could have left Aunt Daenys," complained Aegon, as he sat there pouting with his sister Rhaenys who nodded from the side.

"Yes," said the eldest of Elia's children as she turned to face him.

"Why did all three of them have to go? I want to ride with Aunt Daenys," complained Rhaenys, and had Elia been here to hear those words, the girl would have gotten chastised.

"Me too," Aegon was quick to add, and she smiled as she saw her two grandchildren bicker about whom Daenys loved more. And to end their bickering and spare her ears, she decided to speak up.

"And why do you think Aegon did your father take both Aemon and Daenys with him she questioned?" as she began to test the boy, he had already begun his lessons with the Maester and Rhaegar, much like Rhaenys, whom she prompted to answer her question as well.

"Because they are going to negotiate with the magisters?" she answered simply, and though she was not wrong this was not the answer to her question.

"But why did all three of them go. The negotiation could have been done by your father alone, or even one of his councilors for that matter. Why did all three of them go?" she questioned again, and saw Rhaenys frown as she tried to think about the reason, in the end she tried to help them.

"What first comes to mind when you hear of three dragons?" she questioned.

"Aegon's conquest," Aegon answered quickly, and she saw Rhaenys's eyes widen as she somewhat realized the true reason Rhaegar had taken both Aemon and Daenys with him.

"Indeed Aegon's conquest, and what do you think the Magisters and the Braavosi will think when they see three dragons flying over their cities, with ships and men bearing the sigil of the three-headed dragon, docked in their harbors," she questioned with a raised brow, and Rhaenys was quick to answer.

"It's a threat, they are threatening them that they will repeat what Aegon did on this side of the Narrow Sea," and she nodded with a smile.

"Yes," and Aegon was quick to answer.

"But didn't we already win, why do we need to threaten them now," questioned Aegon with a frown.

Because there is another war coming. Because we cannot hold their cities for long. Because we must prepare for the Cold Night.

"The cities we hold are too far from Kingslanding, with the Narrow Sea separating he lands, the Crown cannot hold all the land we have captured," she answered, as she simplified the answer.

And Aegon nodded, as both him and Rhaenys listened with rapt attention. Aerys would have liked their enthusiasm. He would have explained it better as well.

But he was no longer here, and that was another reason why Rhaegar had left with Aemon and Daenys, to leave a message to Braavos, the bastard daughter of Valyria had longed enjoyed impunity in regards to the actions of the wretched House of Black and White.

It was time they learned that House of the Dragon had had enough.

"The lands we hold have different customs and varied histories, our armies cannot hold them for too long, and so we will give them back to their previous rulers. But the question will be what will they give us back in return," she answered.

"Are we going to give back all the land?" questioned Rhaenys and Rhaella shook her head.

"No, not all. Your father and uncle had decided on what we will hold and what we will give up," she answered.

"And what will we get in return?" questioned Aegon, and she smiled as she remembered the hours and hours Rhaegar had spent devising his treacherous plot.

"Their Gold! All of their Gold, for now and for all the times to come." She answered, and both Rhaenys and Aegon frowned as they failed to realize the meaning behind her words.

Yet they would. They would for if Rhaegar's plans were to come to fruition, it would be in Aegon's reign or perhaps in the reign of his own sire.

Before she could say another word a servant entered the Godswood and bowed before speaking up.

"Lord Tywin and his retinue have reached the castle, your grace," the servant replied and she nodded.

"Take him to my solar, I shall meet with him there."

www.Patreon.com/Drkest

BOOOM! Around a little less than a year has passed since the war. Rhaegar's making plots of his own and living up to his position as Aerys's son.

What will Rhaella discuss with Tywin? And what will the Crown ask of the Magisters.

Have fun reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back