• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

[X] Add Ashen Grotto's bonus boss, XP values, etc to the guide.
[X] Keep Ice Elementalist for now
- [X] Use Wind Elementalist Job Crystal, but equip Fire Magic as your third one for now
[X] Ask Maya if her pet Uroktor healed or during the night
[X] Make sure everyone grabs the Blessing of the Savior
[X] Make sure the whole party is stocked up on consumables
[X] CRUSH Graveyard
-[X] Before going tell Sera she means alot to you... ask if later she might want to go somewhere nice together. You can't help but think about what Maya said, and all the close calls which you all have had.

If it turns into death flag...
...well, it'd make a rather nice character development! 'side, Maya is right.

Because you called 5 agility Meh, and I was rebutting the fact with another stat at 5.
Oh right. Then it's still "Meh". With already a boost to Agility, we can get with another boost to 5, which is one stat above average. The "big stats" are all above 7, so while it might help a tiny bit it won't much as is.

I am not saying Wind is useless. If we decide to go for a Gish build, get a greater undine mod and level it up, we could get to 8+ Agility and get something with it. Currently though, it's not really useful.

Here have a tabbed character sheet.

• Name: Al (Alice Falconis)

Character Image

Job: Ice Elementalist Rank C(22/140)

Race: Lesser Undine

• Level: 5 (177/500)

Health: 62

Special Points: 87 (+15 for Job, +5 for [Crystal Lord's Robe], +5 for [Bawws Stick])

Strength: 3

Agility: 4

Constitution: 4

Power: 8

Will: 7

Perception: 5

Charisma: 3

Study Level: 20%

• Weapon Slot: [Bawws Stick] A crude wooden staff, or rather a small tree with a skull affixed to the top. Provides a boost to spell damage and the duration of status effects. Value 260

Chest Slot: [Crystal Lord's Robe] The shimmering robe of a crystalline lord, Increases the power of Water and Ice Magic at the cost of making the wearer a greater threat. Grants Bonus SP Value 240

Accessory 1: White Warg Cloak: The Hide of a great white warg. Resists fire and adds to defense. Value 200

Accessory 2: Shawl of the Naiad: An thin white shawl that gives the wearer a small chance of charming enemies when they notice the wearer. Increases effectiveness of Water skills. 200

Bag 1: [Ogre's Rucksack] Five Extra Slots. A Crudely made hide sack. Is pretty spacious though. Value 100
    Bag2: [Merchant's Bag] Three extra slots. A merchants rucksack, always seems to have Gilder in it.

• Consumables (12/17)
    3 [Potion] Heals twenty five Health on consumption. Value 10
    5 [Amrita] Restores Fifteen SP on Consumption. Value 15
    2 [Ether] Restores forty Sp on consumption. Value 55
    1 [Burn Salve] Cures the target of the Burn Condition Value 15(stored)
    1 [Escape Orb] Allows a party to leave a dungeon automatically on consumption. Value ? ?

Spare Equipment:

[Ogre's belt] X2 A rough hide belt with a buckle made of steel. Grants additional Health. Value 120(stored at Inn)

[Warg Spine] A staff carved from the Spine of a giant Warg: provides a bonus to SP and a boost to spell damage. The user is more threatening though. Value 200(Stored at Inn)

[Barbarian Vestment] A barbarian shaman's ceremonial wear. Grants an SP Bonus and resistance to fire. Value 250(stored at Inn)

Gilder: 240

Job Crystals: Water Elementalist E 0/35, Wind Elementalist E 0/35

• Slot1: Ice Magic: C (7/160)
    -Stay Frosty! Your foes won't care for the frostbite.
    --Frost Spray: Mid Range. targets up enemies in a one hundred twenty degree arc. Low Damage. Slows targets. Chance of freeze. 3 SP
    --Chill Aura: Deals a small amount of ice damage and slows enemies in close range to you. 5SP Lasts for one full [room]
    --Icicle Spear: Single target Medium Damage. Medium chance to slow, small chance to freeze. 4 SP
    --Frost Guardian: You create an animated statue of ice that guards you and attacks your foes. Lasts until destroyed. The Frost Guardian can only be healed by Ice damage. 20 SP

Slot2: Staves: C (7/160)
    -Its more than a walking stick! With a staff equipped the range, power and accuracy of your spells is increased.
    --Dual casting: Due to your skill with magical staves you may cast two spells simultaneously, however the difficulty of doing so doubles the SP cost of both spells

Slot3: Water Magic: D (25/80)
    Wave weaver: You move with increased Agility in the water, and may breath normally underwater. Attacks with a liquid component have a high chance of missing you.
    -Acid dart: Medium damage to up to three targets. 3SP
    -Aqua prison: Traps a single target in a sphere of water. Target may only escape the sphere if Strength is higher than casters Power. Lasts four ticks. 5SP
    -Wave Crash: Medium damage and chance for knock back and stun on all targets in a short line. 8 damage

Slot4: Fire Magic: E (0/40)
    -Burn Baby Burn: Novice you may be, but all of your enemies will burn under your might!
    --Scorching Ray: Long Range, targets up to two enemies for medium damage and high chance of burn. 3 SP
    --Flame Burst: Low Fire damage to all enemies in melee, medium chance of burn. Knocks enemies back. 5SP

• Slot1: Magician's Blood: D(67/120)
    -Increases potency of spells by a small amount.

Slot2: Cat's Curiosity: D(67/120)
    -Provides a small boost to all Loot rolls, increases chance of extra encounters in dungeons.

Slot3: Divine Eye: D (32/160)
    -Allows The User to See Enemy Health, SP, and Level, and Resistances
    -Allows User to see additional Dungeon Information.
    -Allows User to see the value of [common] and [uncommon] items

Slot4: Mana Absorb: E 11/50
    You have grown adept at weaving the flows of magic, you now recover three SP per room in dungeons, and after each fight outside due to absorbing the ambient magic in the air.

• Wind Magic: E (0/40)
    -Wind dancer: You listen as the wind whispers, enemies will have a harder time striking you.
    Gale Burst: Damages and knocks back all nearby enemies. 3sp
    Cloak of Winds: Increases the Casters Agility by one, and reduces the accuracy of all ranged attacks made against them by a small amount. Lasts one room.

Oh right. Then it's still "Meh". With already a boost to Agility, we can get with another boost to 5, which is one stat above average. The "big stats" are all above 7, so while it might help a tiny bit it won't much as is.

I am not saying Wind is useless. If we decide to go for a Gish build, get a greater undine mod and level it up, we could get to 8+ Agility and get something with it. Currently though, it's not really useful.

Actually going gish could be a good idea.
We have a right group for this - dedicated tank, scout/meleeDD, healer/debuffer, arcane DD. Pretty much everything important covered.
We are arcane DD/debuffer, with a stat allocation which does allow us to go Gish, and add /secondary Tank and /meleeDD to the list.
This would add flexibility and better ability to react to changing situations.
I also expect flight from Wind at some point, further adding to our mobility.

So... you are saying level Wind first over Water?

Yes it could be a good idea, but we'd need to have much better race mods first, as well as probably a green or blue class for this. We know neither Anshelm or Sera can be gish of any sort, but not sure about Maya or Shimah.

So... you are saying level Wind first over Water?

I would just leave it in the third slot, it will level by itself, more or less, just choosing it as our third element.
Later we can run with Polar and Blizzard adepts, and look at other elements/jobs to add. Possibly something like duelist, or another dodge tank class.

Yes it could be a good idea, but we'd need to have much better race mods first, as well as probably a green or blue class for this. We know neither Anshelm or Sera can be gish of any sort, but not sure about Maya or Shimah.
I would be against Shimah going Gish.
We would weaken the healing of our main (and only, so far) healer and it is generally a bad idea.

Maya seems to have too much charisma and agility by decent strength and constitution to have enough Will and Power to go Gish, I may be mistaken though.

Nice tab thingy redeath, might switch it out later. As for stats... only the race mod modifies your base stats. none of the equipment you have does that, I guess I can add a note about racial stat mods later though.

Edit: As for what counts as an attack... anything. Spells have a chance to miss too, they just tend to be higher accuracy. Like if this quest were from Maya's persepective, a lot of the combat would be... and then that monster missed, and the other one did, and I ducked a spell, and...

That was the plan. But we're equipping Fire on this Dungeon, in case the damage output is greater than Water.

Gish classes are hard to do, unless one planned beforehand.

We have a right group for this - dedicated tank, scout/meleeDD, healer/debuffer, arcane DD. Pretty much everything important covered.
We are arcane DD/debuffer, with a stat allocation which does allow us to go Gish, and add /secondary Tank and /meleeDD to the list.
This would add flexibility and better ability to react to changing situations.
I also expect flight from Wind at some point, further adding to our mobility.

We have pretty bad stats for a gish. Nothing really shines beyond magic. We went for MP and magic damage in character creation, but half-assed it and put enough into everything to be just shy of useful.

We have pretty bad damage in melee, orders of magnitude lower than we do via magic. We have decent to mediocre constitution and agility.

our only really good stats are power and will.

Face it, we have a mage build that can occasionally take a hit and scout things.

I mean, why go gish for damage when our magic damage should always be higher at comparable investment? We don't really have the constitution or HP to off-tank for real vs by accident, looking at how close we've come so far.

Also, again, getting one purple magician crystal could potentially require leveling 2 blues, 4 greens and 8 whites, or rather, 14 crystals in total just to level magician up to a decent job.

We'd have to rank warrior up to B-A to get decent skills, which is another 300~JP wasted to level a low ranking job and we're ultimately going to come out mediocre.

If we must multi-class, I'd much much rather look at branching to off-healer well before we went hunter and then hunter far before fighter.

The system is weighted to strongly incentivize staying in one of the four job trees and diversifying within that tree.

Edit: As for what counts as an attack... anything. Spells have a chance to miss too, they just tend to be higher accuracy. Like if this quest were from Maya's persepective, a lot of the combat would be... and then that monster missed, and the other one did, and I ducked a spell, and...
Ok that's cool. So keeping Wind in a third slot would be some very decent survivability. It's just a pity that fusion-wise Earth is better for Sera than for us, and Wind is better for us, as skill-wise Earth seems like it would fit us a ton more.

Ok that's cool. So keeping Wind in a third slot would be some very decent survivability. It's just a pity that fusion-wise Earth is better for Sera than for us, and Wind is better for us, as skill-wise Earth seems like it would fit us a ton more.

We really don't know this at all.

Green jobs are transitory at best, get them to C, keep the skill and swap out. What we should be looking at is the best known BLUE mage job fusions and what we'll need to level to reach those.

It is entirely possible that steel elementalist+blizzard sage turns into something or the like.

Honestly? I'm betting Polar and Blizzard fuse into something. Blizzard and Steel doesn't really make sense to me. Two of their base elements would cancel out.

Maybe Bright + Steel for a Hellstorm mage? Raining chunks of superheated metal on the battlefield and all that. Something for Sera to aim for.

We really don't know this at all.

Green jobs are transitory at best, get them to C, keep the skill and swap out. What we should be looking at is the best known BLUE mage job fusions and what we'll need to level to reach those.

It is entirely possible that steel elementalist+blizzard sage turns into something or the like.

I am reasonably sure that polar adept and blizzard sage should be fusable into something, but I agree that we should try to scout out the possible mage development trees.

ninja'd

You know? Winter Witch might be a viable path to look into. We are the secondary Debuffer around. It might even fuse into the other cold combinations. Divine Eye is the combination of three skills after all.

Winter Witch + Blizzard + Polar = Ice Queen?

Hmm, I'm not actually sure if this is any better then what is on the front page. Oh well.

...We are C rank. You might want to look at our two new nifty skill, too :p
I misspoke I think. Or still partly asleep. We want to keep our highest skill set and swap the others to get them to C rank. I think we should get the buff healer job for off healing.

Yrsillar, are there any known elemental fusion jobs with that job?

I misspoke I think. Or still partly asleep. We want to keep our highest skill set and swap the others to get them to C rank. I think we should get the buff healer job for off healing.

Yrsillar, are there any known elemental fusion jobs with that job?
We'd have to visit Mom. The only fusion with the healer types we know of is Winter Witch which is a Hexer\Ice fusion.

We have pretty bad stats for a gish. Nothing really shines beyond magic. We went for MP and magic damage in character creation, but half-assed it and put enough into everything to be just shy of useful.

We have pretty bad damage in melee, orders of magnitude lower than we do via magic. We have decent to mediocre constitution and agility.

our only really good stats are power and will.

Face it, we have a mage build that can occasionally take a hit and scout things.

I mean, why go gish for damage when our magic damage should always be higher at comparable investment? We don't really have the constitution or HP to off-tank for real vs by accident, looking at how close we've come so far.

Also, again, getting one purple magician crystal could potentially require leveling 2 blues, 4 greens and 8 whites, or rather, 14 crystals in total just to level magician up to a decent job.

We'd have to rank warrior up to B-A to get decent skills, which is another 300~JP wasted to level a low ranking job and we're ultimately going to come out mediocre.

If we must multi-class, I'd much much rather look at branching to off-healer well before we went hunter and then hunter far before fighter.

The system is weighted to strongly incentivize staying in one of the four job trees and diversifying within that tree.
Because having a secondary tank, even a sub par one, is going to be critical at some point. Going by WoW as a metric, lots of bosses do the Gemini thing, lots of bosses have rotating debuffs or crowd control of their own, lots of bosses have powerful adds Anshelm might not be able to grasp on the first go and debuffs might not always cut it.

Because having a secondary tank, even a sub par one, is going to be critical at some point. Going by WoW as a metric, lots of bosses do the Gemini thing, lots of bosses have rotating debuffs or crowd control of their own, lots of bosses have powerful adds Anshelm might not be able to grasp on the first go and debuffs might not always cut it.
To be fair, we already have a untested off-tank (our frost guardian) and the whole thing about Maya's tamer ability is how she is probably going to be able to tame some pretty potent off-tank. If we can do C-rank GG within a couple of day, for example, I want her to grab a Elite Warg, as those would probably both buff the group and heal them, as well as provide some tanking.

I mean, Alice is /better/ as a offtank than Maya or Sera, and possibly equal to Shimah, but she is by no mean great. Having either Earth or Wind might or might not enable us to take a more tanky role, but if possible I would prefer leaving that to summons (Steel Golem? Frost Guardian shouldn't be the only one) or Tamed Beasts.

Well, here is my last contribution to the quest before the next vote.

Willpower

Seraphine was a nervous girl, and she was often unsure about many things in her life. As she walked slightly behind Cyrill she was still nervous. But unsure? This was the surest she had ever been. She wanted to walk the life of the Branded alongside Al. Alongside Maya and Anshelm. Not coddled by her Father's money and clout. If that meant defying her father's wishes? Well she would do so. Again and again if she needed to.

She just hoped he would understand his baby girl was not something he needed to protect from the world now. Her hands fluttered against one another as she pictured the coming meeting and then found themselves gripping her staff. It's power beckoned to her, filling her with comforting warmth and stilling her nervous movements. For the rest of the walk through the city, from the gates to her Father's estate she used the staff to guide her footsteps, both hands locked firmly around the staff. A final tock of her staff against the flagstones leading up to the gate signaled her arrival and the ever present servants bowed before her and Cyrill as they opened the gates, then the doors.

This time it was her who led the Paladin up the stairs, and into her father's spacious office. He looked up and frowned, though there was relief in his eyes at seeing her standing there. "So you've returned. What have you been up to Sera? It is dangerous out there. New Branded die daily." His tone was serious and disproving and like most times it began to make her quail, to shrink upon herself. His temper was a grand thing, even if he never directed it at her.

Her hands on the staff firmed and she stood tall as she could. "I defeated two dungeons Father. Wailing Cavern and Goblin's Cove. I was not weak. I will not d-die. I have a good party and Cyrric is no longer needed. " She felt proud of herself for only stuttering once, for not shrinking back as his gaze sharpened on her face like a hawk.

"You are your mother's daughter."He muttered then nodded once as he always did when he made a decision then stood to fetch a file from the wide cabinet upon the wall. "This is a task for the branded that I have been meaning to forward to the board. A mission the branded call them. A vampire is bothering the trade routes, nothing a low level Branded couldn't handle and my guards can drive it off easily enough. However it is a nuisance and must be dealt with before more spawn. Do this and I will allow you to join your party with no more qualms. Fail and I will do everything in my power to keep you safe."

Sera nodded as her father handed her the file detailing the Vampire. Level 2, and vulnerable to fire. As she looked it over her father turned to Cyrill. "Do not interfere if she does not need help. Prevent her from dying. I will give you a substantial bonus no matter what happens." The stuck up man nodded once and bowed his head.

Sera looked up from the file. "Father, t-thank you."

He snorted and turned back to his desk. "I hope you fail of course. But if you don't. Come back to me. Please."

Sera nodded her head again and left her Father in his office and heard the clink of a bottle as she moved to the nearest Inn to rest. Cyrric once again taking the lead up as they traveled. The Inn itself was A rank but Cyrric paid for them both, petty cash she knew from her Father's expense account.

She awoke the next morning and found Cyrric waiting for her and they began to move outside the city. The map that was in her Father's file showing the points where the vampire would attack. As they traveled, like always there was little interaction between her and him even as they trod of the path to seek the Vampire in the thickening forest. Eventually gloom set in and she shivered in cold despite her Job. "Undead often have this effect. " Cyrril noted as he led the way. "We are close."

She nodded and stepped ahead of him, staff at the ready. The Vampire showed itself soon after and she shrieked as it appeared from the gloom. Her first Scorching Ray missed entirely and the Vampire swooped in on cape like wings before scratching at her draining a full fifth of her HP. She returned fire this time with a Flame Burst to knock it away and it screeched as the fire exploded away form her in an expanding ring of fire. For several seconds it was stunned and she cast another Scorching Ray before it got up.

Before she could fire a second time it was again upon her and she had no choice but to knock it back once again. She gulped down a potion and fired a Scorching Ray just before it got on its feet. That set the tone of the rest of the battle. She'd knock it away after she was hit and would hit it in turn. Taking potions as needed. It was a slogging match, one she was ill suited for and she noticed her meager potion supply dwindling sharply. She grew more and more worried as time ticked by.

But finally it exploded into ash just as she was about to retreat to Cyrric and she stood victorious and panting.

Congratulations!
You have gained.
25 Experience
2JP
45 Gilder

You have looted.
1 potion
1 Amirita
[Staff of Crypts] A staff imbued with the dark energies of unlife, in return for boosting the damage and status rate of all spells. It reduces the wielder's total SP by a small amount.

She looked at Cyrric who nodded at her politely, and they returned to her Father's home. She no longer needed her hands on her staff to guide her steps.

Last edited:
To be fair, we already have a untested off-tank (our frost guardian) and the whole thing about Maya's tamer ability is how she is probably going to be able to tame some pretty potent off-tank. If we can do C-rank GG within a couple of day, for example, I want her to grab a Elite Warg, as those would probably both buff the group and heal them, as well as provide some tanking.

I mean, Alice is /better/ as a offtank than Maya or Sera, and possibly equal to Shimah, but she is by no mean great. Having either Earth or Wind might or might not enable us to take a more tanky role, but if possible I would prefer leaving that to summons (Steel Golem? Frost Guardian shouldn't be the only one) or Tamed Beasts.
I'd forgotten about the frost guardian, actually. That does imply Sera will probably get a fire elemental at some point, or Maya getting additional beasts, or whatever; that would probably cover temporary tanking quite well.

yrsillar our summons/guardians counts toward the limit to companions, right? And I assume we can only have one Frost Guardian at once (even if we Dual-cast it)?

Yes. Frost guardian counts toward the companion limit, and you can only have one Frost Guardian summoned personally.

Also, nice Omake redeath. :)

Guyssss we forgot something important!!! Swimwear to sleep in the tub! Blame Maya, but we need to get this done ASAP.

2uiiwt1.jpg

Dunno about racial, but keep thinking of her as African. Not sexy enough, because it's a frontal view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back