• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

I suggest that if we ever do goblins again, do it in the afternoon slot, so we can go shower immediately afterwards. If we do it in the morning, it means dealing with the shit smell for the entire afternoon too if we don't stop back at the city to clean up.

For example, halberd drops happen in Goblin Glade C.

I thought halberd was a fusion job of axe and pole arm.

In any case, I don't really have a problem trying to solo as long as the dungeon we try in doesn't have status effects, because a badly timed resist failure may mean we're dead. Poison, for example.

I suggest that if we ever do goblins again, do it in the afternoon slot, so we can go shower immediately afterwards. If we do it in the morning, it means dealing with the shit smell for the entire afternoon too if we don't stop back at the city to clean up.

I agree with this, unless we hit a water dungeon after.

Last edited:
Do we really need to vote

In any case, I don't really have a problem trying to solo as long as the dungeon we try in doesn't have status effects, because a badly timed resist failure may mean we're dead. Poison, for example.

I agree with this, unless we hit a water dungeon after.
A Halberd itself is a weapon, the Job Halberd Knight might drop at GG C Rank though because its the first place we've seen a halberd drop or used by an enemy.

Heh.

On a semi-related note, can we start doing Missions? The information might be faulty, the rewards very random, but I am interested in the Respect thing.

. . . I had another topic that I wanted to speak of, but apparently I forgot what it was because I was laughing about the shit-flinging goblins and Anshelm's ire about the stench. :p

+thinks+

Ah. Okay, about greatshield drop, we haven't seen any humanoid critters using that type of equipment, so we might have to depend on drops from non-humanoid types, like that croc/gator jawbone shield. If we go from targets with high defensive values, we might want to take a look at Drake's Nest (Drake, Elementals) or Ashen's Grotto (Uroktor, King Serpent) or even Crystal Lake (Crystalline Spiders, Crystalline Warriors) and Wailing Cavern (Croc/gators, Kraken).

Non-standard greatshields (like croc/gator jawbone) are harder to predict.

Being available via fusion does not ensure that it is not otherwise available.

We have no indication that jobs available via fusion are only available via fusion.

This was just one example though. We're gathering information, better to wait to plan until we have that info to act on.

Like, if people say "Oh the green job Hunter's really want is STABBYFACE and STABBYFACE drops in Desecrated Fort E rank!" we'll know Maya should be looking at Desecrated Fort.

I'd expect Greatshields from either Crystal Lake or Desecrated Fort. Crystal Lake had those giant armed guardians and Desecrated Fort seems exactly the sorta place to carry heavier equipment.

I'm so so sorry for this.

Finally, Sera's lightning knocks out the last of the ringmaster's health. Freezing, stabbing and incinerating the last of the skeletal acrobat adds ends the fight on a high note, though you're not sure you'd ever want to come back here.

Congratulations!
You have gained
140 XP
13 Job points
300 Gilder

The party has looted
3 Hi potions
2 Ethers
2 Paralysis Salve
[Ringmaster's Hat] A fancy hat, guaranteed to draw the eye. Increases threat 150
[Lion Tamer's Whip] A whip used to discipline lions. Slightly raises the power of taming skills 160
[Zombie Clown's Facepaint] A bundle of laughs! Boosts the power of fire spells 300
[Ringmaster's Vestment] The ringmaster's festive clothing. Raises resistance to all status effects. 400
[STABBYFACE] Disciple of cheerful madness and expert at suffering. Skilled at intimidation 900

You stare at the loot, a tad uncertainly. Shimah is the first to speak.

"I believe I could use the vestment, though..." everyone nods, understanding the thought without another word. The other conclusions are obvious but no one seems to want to be the one to say it.

Finally Maya speaks, "I guess I could use the job crystal and the mask would be pretty good for Sera..."

For a moment you imagine it, Sera staring at you with dead eyes sunken in ivory skin. A bulbous red nose hanging above the bright red crescent-moon smile, dripping endlessly with blood. Her gaze follows you, flashing away as you turn ot meet her eyes, giggling faintly when you try on new armor, watching you crawl into bed at night, thoughts hidden behind that manic facade.

"NO" Odd how you and Sera managed to voice the same thought at the same time.

Anshelm hmms to himself thoughtfully, "I think it could work at the inn, but you probably shouldn't use the job anywhere else."

Right, of course Anshelm would object to Maya using that kind of horrifying class given how they're such close friends. That's exactly what he just did and you refuse to remember any differently.

Eventually the unamious decision is reached. You burn all the loot and swear never to speak of the Death Circus again.

Last edited:
yrsillar, speaking of Halberd Knight, has Anshelm switched to Axe Job, or is he still using his Spear Warrior one? Because if it's the latter trying to find him a Halberd Job would be much better (So he continues grinding for B-rank Spear until we get it) while if not it's probably not as good.

Likewise if CL D-rank can drop Polar Adept or some such for Al, and so on. I would say it's probably we can get green jobs from one rank higher than we can usually get white job at the dungeons, so for LG it would be D, and so on. Hard to know for sure though.

Dessecrated Fort seems... hard. Probably a lvl8 5-man dungeon at E-rank, so significantly harder than Lost Graveyard. The one saving grace is that it probably relies much less on casters and much more on martial classes, with Death-knight equivalent classes for buffing/etc, meaning that our CC/Etc would work much better there. Maya's new pet is also much better.

Still, it all depends on what Info we get on jobs tonight, what we want to work toward to in the mid-term, and what they tell us we can find at dungeons in the short term.

Almost any job that can be gotten through fusion is available in dungeons. Remember, fusion is a recent invention. That said, Anshelm is still leveling spear warrior, for much the same reason that you are using ice.

Almost any job that can be gotten through fusion is available in dungeons. Remember, fusion is a recent invention. That said, Anshelm is still leveling spear warrior, for much the same reason that you are using ice.
Sorry for spamming questions, but another one: When we fusion two jobs (like if Al is getting Polar Adept), does she auto-equip it, or can she keep in in her inventory and then give it to Sera/Anshelm/Whoever?

Would make the branching tree much easier to reliably get.

Is there skill that allows you to steal equipment?

Part of the system, since loot drops happen at the end of the Dungeon. I think there is a correlation, because if you can pickpocket stuff, then not fighting the Boss but escape through the entrance...

Part of the system, since loot drops happen at the end of the Dungeon. I think there is a correlation, because if you can pickpocket stuff, then not fighting the Boss but escape through the entrance...
I was thinking about stealing from other branded, actually.

Character studies
2rm5aw8.jpg
2vuhs45.jpg
You burn so pretty~

Great expression on Sera, Grosstoad.

I dunno why, I was convinced that Sera has twintails.

yrsillar, how come Shimah got D-rank in Shaman already, she should have gotten only 19JP given that's what we got today and from what i can see she didn't have Shaman Job equipped yesterday?

Also, We should ask Sera/Shimah what they new skills are (Sera should have Lightning D-rank magic).

Mm, did I miscalculate there... blah, I must have switched her over too soon, dammit. I'll fix that.

Also, very nice Gross, as always

On a semi-tangential note, I think Yrs once mentioned the characters' ages?
Anyone remember those?

+feels like Shimah's image might be too mature+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back