• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Everyone in party is eighteen-ish since thats wheen the brand kicks in. Shimah and Maya are closer to nineteen though.

Okay...

+needs to de-age mental images of Shimah and Maya, as well as age the others up+

"Eh… After the haul from the last one I don't need anything in particular, just my fair share from the sale of the common items," you pause, and fidget a bit, "Uh… I think Sera should get the wineskin though, she's had a couple of close calls now."

"Mm, how touching," Maya teases, "I have no objection to that, Shimah?"

"I will simply take the belt then, if no one minds. Even without the Ogre Belt, Sera is more fragile than I," Shimah replies with a shrug.

"Ah… I suppose putting so few points in constitution was a bad idea. I wanted the points for power though," Sera mumbles, shoulders slumping a little, "Thank you everyone."

"No sweat, it's my fault for not being able to keep all of the agro," Anshelm grumbles as you all divide things up and return to the normal world, "I'm cool setting up a vault by the way."

"Me too," you note, "And you shouldn't worry Anshelm… with how many enemies dungeons are throwing out, I think it's starting to be expected that you have pets or another person on secondary tanking duty."

Anshelm nods, not seeming pleased with that, but willing to accept it. "So, we sell our junk and stock up for tomorrow, then get our vault set up. We just splitting up after that?"

"I was actually thinking of going to one of the higher ranked Inns and asking around for advice on higher tier jobs and fusions, any of the rest of you up for that?"

"Um… I'm pretty sure of what I want for the immediate future, but I'll come along," Sera is the first to answer.

"Mm… I think I want to go to the cathedral for a bit this evening… If you wouldn't mind asking a bit after hunter fusions I would appreciate it though," Maya's answer is disappointing, but terribly surprising, even if she wanted to finish out the dungeon running for the day, you guess she wants a little time to reflect.

"I'll come along, if you want Maya," Anshelm says after a moment, looking uncomfortable but resolved.

"Mm… that would be nice, I think," She replies cheerfully.

"And I am fine going with Al and Sera," Shimah says, "We will be sure to pass any useful information on."

With that decided the trip back to the city is pretty short, with Goblin glade so close to the city, you're inside the gate before the sun even touches the horizon… The continued lack of encounters is really bothering you though, it feels like the calm before the storm or something poetic-y like that.

First order of business is selling your accumulating piles of outdated loot, and picking up consumables. After selling your old loot, and getting your share from the Goblin Glade stuff, which Maya helpfully aids you in haggling for more than the standard half value. You are three hundred sixty Gilder ahead.

+360 Gilder, 2 Ether, 3 Amrita, 2 Hi potion, 3 potion

After that it's off to the bank, which is much like the mission office, part of and staffed by city officials. There's a bit of boring paperwork to fill out, but Sera seems to know what she is doing, and in the end, when you leave each of you has a Vault Stone in your inventory. It takes up a slot, but it allows you to access anything stored inside. The vault you bought has thirty slots, you can upgrade that later though.

That done you part with Maya and Anshelm and head for the higher rank Inn, the Dancing Dragon to be exact, you haven't considered this place for awhile.

The crowd inside is a varied lot, ranging from upper teens to past your ability to see their levels… the highest level you can see is twenty five though, so you suppose that answers the question of what range that works on.

You glance around, looking for someone likely to talk to, most of the branded here give you a curious glance, and nothing more. Oh, wait, isn't that…

"Back again then Lady Sera, has your father come to his senses then?" asks Sir-Douche-a-lot, or Cyrille, yeah that was the name, he's at a table near the entrance, and has gained a couple levels since you last saw him.

Sera frowns, "No, I have been doing quite well, we just have business here."

"Tch, so that's the payday that got away Cyrille?" asks one of the people sharing his table, a rather lazy looking man with bright red skin, lined with fine scales. Class says Arcane Archer, his name is Gregor, for what that's worth, "Too bad eh, that shiny blue sword in the auction got snapped up by someone else without the extra Gilder."

"Oh, be nice to you two. Look at their levels and ranks, they aren't the usual trashy newbies who only poke out once every couple of days to stave off inactivity," The next one is a woman, with weird black skin and completely white hair, not even mentioning the indecent dress that looks like it's made of spiderwebs. The amused red eyes aren't helping matters, you feel uncomfortable under her assessing gaze. Her name is listed as Lydia, and she has a blue class… Gravelord, that's not ominous. "Mm, looking at your gear, you're doing pretty well to have done the graveyard."

"We have been," Sera answers stiffly, still clearly a little annoyed at the dickhead. "Now, if you will excuse us…"

"Mah, don't let Cyrille being a sourpuss put you off," Gregor cuts in lazily, "I assume your looking to ask questions if your popping in here, unless you just want to blow some Gilder on nicer rooms you don't need yet."

"As if we would be so wasteful," Shimah speaks up, seeming honestly offended at the idea.

"Yeah, we were looking to get some info on job fusion paths, and details on some green and blue jobs, figured some people might know." The knight might be an ass, but the people hanging out with him don't seem so bad, you might as well ask.

"Mm, fusion, that's pretty interesting, it's still not very common yet, you know," Lydia points out, "So there isn't a whole lot of solid information about job fusions at blue or above, any particular combinations you were looking for?"

Sera relaxes a little, since Cyrille seems to have contented himself with nursing a mug of ale, after he opened his mouth to speak and got shut down by an imperious glare from Lydia. Hah, he's whipped, figures.

"We know the basics," Sera notes quietly as the three of you pull of a seat, I intend to create Bright Mage when I can, and I think Al was looking at Polar Adept and Blizzard Sage."

"I am satisfied with Shaman at the moment, but having some knowledge of what I can use Hexer for would be useful." Shimah notes.

"We have a couple of friends who couldn't make it too, a Dual Blade Hunter and a Spear Warrior who's working on Halberd Knight, so anything for them would be useful too," you say, after a moment you add, "Any good magic combos for Dark? I just picked that up."

"Hah, a full party that sticks together at such low levels, don't see that often," Gregor says with some amusement, "Ah, don't know about the purely caster and divine classes, but if your hunter friend wants to pick up some good utility, have them grab Wind Elementalist. You don't need high power to get mileage out of that, and Dervish is a pretty good class from what I've seen, Darks not a bad fusion either, makes Ninja, but I suppose there's a few of those in the crystal shop."

"Dark Magic, so broadly useful," Lydia sighs, "If you fuse it with your Ice Elementalist, you'll get Necromancer. Which was my old class, pretty good for dealing with chaff, given the ability to temporarily turn dead monsters against their old allies," Cyrille and Gregor shudder, Lydia smiles, "If you keep along that path, you can get Gravelord, like me! You'll have to spend a little time leveling sword warrior though. You need the fusion of Dark Elementalist and that to fuse with Necromancer. But Gravelord has very good crowd control, and helps with the tanking, doesn't it Cyrille dear?"

The Paladin's eyebrow twitches, "Yes, very much so." he mumbles into his drink.

Suspicious, that class sounds really suspicious, "…Any idea about what Winter Witch does," you ask warily.

"Mm, Winter Witch, I remember that insufferable woman had that one, only grouped with her once, what was her name Janet, Jane,…Jadis that was it," Gregor says, after a moment contemplation, "Very good enemy debuffing, it really expanded on the slow and freeze, and limiting movement."

"Yes, her," Lydia says sourly, "What an irritating woman, so full of herself, that aside… I think I saw her the other day with a blue Job… Chaos Witch? No idea what she fused to get it, or if it was just a drop though."

You continue chatting with their group for a time, learning a few more fusions, and eventually part, putting the question to some other branded around, your reception is mixed, you get a general feeling that these known ones aside, there is plenty of experimenting to be done, because especially past the green stage, there is a whole plethora of fusions left to be found.

You also get the feeling that most of the combinations are pretty common sense. Adding ice to another class adds control and some area effects. Adding lighting leads to increases in single target damage. Putting two opposed classes like axe and spear warrior together creates a more balanced mixture

That said, it seems Anshelm is on the right track, Halberd Knight and Bulwark fuse to make the Royal Guard, which is a great tank job.

Elementalist combinations are tricky though, there are so many types of elementalist and so many fusions going off of them that finding people with specific knowledge is annoyingly hard. You're just gonna have to experiment a bit when it comes to your blue jobs. The only one you know for sure is that Polar Adept and Winter Witch fuse to make the Glacial Lord/Lady class, which is essentially the aspects of both class cranked way up.

Sera is gonna keep aiming for Bright Mage, and consider picking up earth, and see if metal and bright does anything cool. You imagine it'll be lava or something.

Shimah seems satisfied with Shaman for now, though she apparently got a few ideas, fire/hexer apparently makes something fun, as does dark.

In any case you head back to the Goblin as the night wears on, and stay together until it's time to head to your rooms… you waver, for some reason the urge to stay in Sera's room again comes to you, but that would be like… kinda weird.

"Hey… Sera…" you say after a moments hesitation, Shimah has already headed off to her room, Sera pauses in turning away.

"Yes, Al?" she asks, sounding a little confused.

You aren't actually sure what you want to say, the thought that you should just kiss her already crosses your mind, but you reject that… aren't you like, supposed to go on a few dates first or… Dammit, you never signed up for this kind of thing when you became branded, you just wanted to kill monsters and discover new things. "I just wanted to… uh, say…" you stumble over your words for a moment, until you just push out everything you want to say in a rush. "I really like you, and you're important to me and…. crap I don't know, do you maybe want to go out and just do something together sometime?"

Sera blinks, looking rather bewildered for a moment as she deciphers your babbling. Slowly she smiles, her cheeks turning pink as she fidgets with the hem of her cloak, "I… I, uh, would like that, I think, I like you as well Al, but you already know that… I'm very glad you feel the same way though."

"Great," you say tiredly, pleased to have finally gotten past the nonsense, "I'm not… really sure when we'll be able to do something, but I'm really looking forward too it when we do."

"Um… me as well," She replies, "Thank you for letting me know, but it is… getting pretty late…"

Right, right," you shake your head, "Good night Sera."

"Good night," She says back shyly, you keep along with her until you reach her door, and part ways…. Was that a happy squeal you just heard from behind her door…? No matter. You head to your room and do the upkeep work on your guide, study a bit, and then head off to bed.

[] Plans

((Authors note: Honestly, with fusions… you might be able to tease out individual classes from people, but by and large its meant to be something you experiment with, not something I just hand you all the answers too. Just keep that in mind.))

Last edited:
Ok that's good. Glacial Lady and chaos Witch sounds great, as do Necromencer/ Gravelords.

So....

[X]Shopping
-[X]Tell Maya/Anshelm about the info we got, see if Sera wants to grab Earth Elementalist now. She has a slot free, and it's apparently super good for Defense/CC.
-[X]Everyone should put their "specific dungeon" gear in the vault, and see if we can all pinch in to buy a ton of Amritas to put in the vault, for between-dungeons things.

[X]Check the mission board, It will be good to know if the incoming danger has been reflected in the missions given.

[X]Go do Crystal Lake D-rank. It's time to do our revenge, and it will be the highest level dungeon we would have done, as well as a 4-people one.
-[X]Don't change blessing, as we are currently still doing dungeons we have never done before/etc.
-[X]Cast out Frost Guardian, like yesterday, upon leaving town.

Last edited:
Some decent information. I want to aim for that Glacial Lady. Maybe Chaos Witch as well.

[X]Shopping
-[X] Tell Maya/Anshelm about the info we got, see if Sera wants to grab Earth Elementalist now. She has a slot free, and it's apparently super good for Defense/CC.
-[X] Everyone should put their "specific dungeon" gear in the vault, and see if we can all pinch in to buy a ton of Amritas to put in the vault, for between-dungeons things.

[X] Check the mission board, It will be good to know if the incoming danger has been reflected in the missions given.

[X] Head to Ogre's Den D-rank
-[X] Don't change blessing, as we are currently still doing dungeons we have never done before/etc.
-[X] Cast out Frost Guardian, like yesterday, upon leaving town.
-[X] Solo it if you think its within your grasp.
-[X] Equip the anti-lightning gear since the bonus boss might appear.
-[X] Shimah with Sera.

Last edited:
[X]Shopping
-[X] Tell Maya/Anshelm about the info we got, see if Sera wants to grab Earth Elementalist now. She has a slot free, and it's apparently super good for Defense/CC.
-[X] Everyone should put their "specific dungeon" gear in the vault, and see if we can all pinch in to buy a ton of Amritas to put in the vault, for between-dungeons things.

[X] Check the mission board, It will be good to know if the incoming danger has been reflected in the missions given.

[X]Go do Crystal Lake D-rank. It's time to do our revenge, and it will be the highest level dungeon we would have done, as well as a 4-people one.
-[X]Don't change blessing, as we are currently still doing dungeons we have never done before/etc.

Meh.... Not really interested with spamming or generally using undead, which I assume is what Necromancer and Gravelord have as their staple ability. That Gravelord/lady has a Sword Warrior quarter... It's probably an off-tank, or can conjure summons that are able to tank quite well.

Chaos Witch... With that descriptor, those typically either have a RNG built-in to their abilities, or have some features that helps to disarray enemy tactics.

Unsure with Glacial Lord/Lady, since personally I see no need to double up on Hexer abilities.

Also note about the Vault, thirty slots are just around double what Alice can carry, and perhaps comparable to what Anshelm actually able to carry.

[X]Shopping
-[X] Everyone should put their "specific dungeon" gear in the vault, and see if we can all pinch in to buy a number of Amritas to put in the vault, for between-dungeons things.

- [X] What are the current available Missions?

For now I'd say keep pushing ice to B, then shift to hexer for Winter Witch while farming Fort in hopes of finding a Necromancer drop.

I really want to go necromancer, and am 90% sure it will at least drop in Graveyard (All the gear there is necro themed). I don't think we should ever do Graveyard until we're near the cap out of care for Maya, and maybe never again at all with her, though I'd suggest we offer to maybe clear the entire dungeon in the long term if she wants to. We might have to PuG a group there at level 8ish.

Since Necromancer is the obvious undead job and there's a few undead areas, it's probably best not to fuse straight there. I imagine it's one that might drop more often.

Really though...

I just want 'em all....

Okay, Glacial Lady is the most obvious path and one I think is worth working to. But Yrs wants to reward experimentation, so I doubt it's the 'best'. Dark and ice synergize some as both are controly/debuffy, so it's possible we can keep weaving those together at higher tiers. IE: Necromancer+Polar Adept might work.

The wonderful thing is we can always check what fusions are available from all our C ranked jobs (IE: Getting both blizzard and polar makes it easy to check to see if a wind/water type exists though we won't automatically know what.

Something like looking at various green icy jobs+necromancer would be my first pick for blue .paths. We're meant to experiment, so I imagine we'll be stuck at Blue for a while. To that end, it's a question of whether we rush straight for Glacial Lady and then fill out our trees or try to experiment first and find something better before eventually heading there. I favor the more creative path.

That said, I expect we'll have to get a few blues to find one purple. (Gravelord+Glacial Lady is my first guess)

Training Winter Witch gives us a mix of debuffs and freeze/slow. Of the greens it looks like my favorite option though it was noted to be obscure before so there may be a catch beyond needing to level two job trees. I also like the PRC from Pathfinder.

Winter Witch+Necromancer could be interesting to try out. So would Gravelord+Glacial Lady (Because the obvious upgrade there is a king/queen class and I want to be a monarch)

Royal Guard looks to be great for Anshelm. So he's pretty stuck on that path for now. In a sense, he has the clearest decision. We need a tank and that's a great one and he's halfway there already. He'll probably stay there for a while, so it shouldn't be bad for him to charge it after getting spear to B, then stay there till it hits Aish.

Dervish is nifty, and I think Maya could do pretty good with wind elementalist. But she's a charisma heavy build and something along those lines would suit her better in the long run.

[X]Shopping

[X] Head to Ogre's Den
-[X] Shimah with Sera.

Last edited:
[X]Shopping

Im all for a class that lets us BUILD undead... We really need to find or make an arteficer or Blue mage class...

So, people are actually voting to try to solo Ogre Den? Well, makes sense, we are trying to farm JP/EXP right now after all because delicious fusions soon, and we still have our Blessing of Savior.

Switching to:

[X]Shopping

-[X] Shimah with Sera.

So, people are actually voting to try to solo Ogre Den? Well, makes sense, we are trying to farm JP/EXP right now after all because delicious fusions soon, and we still have our Blessing of Savior.
Soloing is extremely stupid, we have been hit by a confuse before and during such an effect are unable to use an escape orb. Soloing is asking to be killed, and death is permanent here.

Soloing is extremely stupid, we have been hit by a confuse before and during such an effect are unable to use an escape orb. Soloing is asking to be killed, and death is permanent here.

We've been hit by confuse in Ogre's Den?

We saw any indication of confuse being a thing in Ogre's Den?

Because this would be the 4th+time in Ogre's den and we haven't seen any confuse.

Swapping To Ark's revision.

[X]Shopping

-[X] Shimah with Sera.

Not only has there been no confused in Ogre Den (though there was some shock?), but the reason we go Maya Solo, Al Solo, Ans Solo, Shimah/Sera is because Maya and Al both have 'pets' that makes being alone much easier, and Anshelm is a walking tank that just needs to grind down enemies.

Don't forget to equip the Purty Hat if we're going to Ogre's Den. Bonus Boss might pop up.

Confuse was an example. there are MANY status effects that result in a game over without an orb. Did you fully map all the possibilities?

We ran it twice. What do you actually expect to happen?

I mean, sure we might get a configuraiton that drops an auto-kill Piano on us... Except not really. We know what's there, have blessing of the savior and a pet to tank for us.

What do you reasonably expect to encounter that would stop us.

(Anyway, leveling ice, hexer, wind, water and dark to would be 5 jobs.

That'd unlock Polar Adept, Blizzard Sage, Winter Witch, Necromancer, dark+Hexer for sure.

We'd also have wind+hexer, water+hexer, water+dark, wind+dark and wind+water for a potential 5 more green jobs. Let's assume that maybe 2/5 of those actually exist.

That's 6 green jobs, a potential 21 blues, 1 of which, Glacial Lady, is confirmed to exist. I think this is a relatively solid 'pool' of white jobs to mess around with. Further expansion should either be branches we know we need (Sword for gravelord) or after we've experimented in most of these.

+raises hand+

Sorry, I am gonna argue against Necromancer and its derivatives.

We have a pretty solid Tank with Anshelm, but though he is but one man, he is still going to get better. On the increased number of mooks, we have Maya and Alice doing off-tanking with their pet/summon.
Now, if Sera also picks up Earth Magic, I believe that she will also get her own summon since golems are traditionally earth related, while iron golems are also a possibility for Steel.

There is a hard limit on 3 pets/summons per party, though unclear whether animated dead will count against that limit.

If mooks still aren't handled, that is no a matter of increasing the number of tanks on the team, but to improve crowd control or lethality of the rest of the party. Anshelm is doing his share of the job, let Alice do hers.

Not really liking Winter Witch either, because of doubling up on stat debuffs, but I can't comment on the versatility addition of the healing.

If possible though, I would have preferred having someone pick-up Stalwart Cleric instead of a Hexer, might be even Alice.

We ran it twice. What do you actually expect to happen?

I mean, sure we might get a configuraiton that drops an auto-kill Piano on us... Except not really. We know what's there, have blessing of the savior and a pet to tank for us.

What do you reasonably expect to encounter that would stop us.
1. MC does not have a pet. Only maya has a pet.
2. It isn't "drops an auto-kill piano on you" if you are the one who is acting like a suicidal moron despite everyone in world warning you.
3. Running it twice =! we know every single ability possessed by every single enemy in there.
4. There are a fuckton of mental influences that can be a game over for a soloing character, stun, fear (where it prevents the use of abilities), confuse. Not to mention lucky enemy crits, backstabbing enemy rogues, poison (does poison even get cured if you orb out?), and can you even use an orb while silenced? Knocked prone is a thing, can we still use orb while getting knockdown? Does orb allow attack of opportunity (what if we are surrounded by melee)?
5. I don't believe for a second that you actually sat down and made a LIST of every single ability of every single enemy (including the bonus boss) in this dungeon. And made sure none of them could kill us. If you do that for a specific dungeon, i MIGHT consider it non suicidal

1. MC does not have a pet. Only maya has a pet.
2. It isn't "drops an auto-kill piano on you" if you are the one who is acting like a suicidal moron despite everyone in world warning you.
3. Running it twice =! we know every single ability possessed by every single enemy in there.
4. There are a fuckton of mental influences that can be a game over for a soloing character, stun, fear (where it prevents the use of abilities), confuse. Not to mention lucky enemy crits, backstabbing enemy rogues, poison (does poison even get cured if you orb out?), and can you even use an orb while silenced?
5. I don't believe for a second that you actually sat down and made a LIST of every single ability of every single enemy (including the bonus boss) in this dungeon. And made sure none of them could kill us. If you do that for a specific dungeon, i MIGHT consider it non suicidal
We have an Ice Golem. It counts as a companion even if it isn't a pet. It means we have a tank we can heal with Ice.

We have an Ice Golem. It counts as a companion even if it isn't a pet. It means we have a tank we can heal with Ice.
Well, this is new. I concede my error, we do have a pet (sorta, technically its a summon not a pet, but that is splitting hairs and obviously not what either of us intended).
But does it have any aggro management? because we are having problems with aggro due to our various +aggro items even when accompanied by a tank who has aggro attracting abilities. Unless that golem is pretty impressive at attracting aggro then it can't tank

Well, this is new. I concede my error, we do have a pet (sorta, technically its a summon not a pet, but that is splitting hairs and obviously not what either of us intended).
But does it have any aggro management? because we are having problems with aggro due to our various +aggro items even when accompanied by a tank who has aggro attracting abilities. Unless that golem is pretty impressive at attracting aggro then it can't tank

Look at the last two dungeons we have done with our Frost Guardian. It tanks pretty well. We also aked, and It has a different Threat than we do, so our Dark/Threat-reducing items do not apply to it.

Look at the last two dungeons we have done with our Frost Guardian. It tanks pretty well. We also aked, and It has a different Threat than we do, so our Dark/Threat-reducing items do not apply to it.
Can you link to that please?
Also, this doesn't address any of my actual issues. Having a pet hold the attention of 3 ogres is irrelevant when a 4th one comes on top of you and knocks you prone and it turns out you can't use an item like the escape orb during the prone status effect. Or any of the dozen other possibilities.
Also, I have still yet to see anyone provide a full analysis of the suggested dungeon with a list of every single ability available to every single enemy found there and how they are all perfectly safe and can't result in our death if we go without an ally to orb us out

Can you link to that please?
Here.

Also, this doesn't address any of my actual issues. Having a pet hold the attention of 3 ogres is irrelevant when a 4th one comes on top of you and knocks you prone and it turns out you can't use an item like the escape orb during the prone status effect. Or any of the dozen other possibilities.
Also, I have still yet to see anyone provide a full analysis of the suggested dungeon with a list of every single ability available to every single enemy found there and how they are all perfectly safe and can't result in our death if we go without an ally to orb us out
Because that's a lot of work for a "The dungeon is quite safe as long as we take out time and make sure to heal properly". Al having a healing spell really work well right now for that.

Because that's a lot of work for a "The dungeon is quite safe as long as we take out time and make sure to heal properly". Al having a healing spell really work well right now for that.
You can't tell that it is safe unless you actually bothered listing every single ability and made sure not a single one of them can impede our ability to use an orb to escape

A few more ideas for standard RPG things that might possibly impede orb use: Paralysis, anything that makes you skip a turn, physical restraining (slime, vines, water prison), theft (creature removes random item from inventory).

Ogre's Den:
- Minor Ogre - Club, Power Attack
- Normal Ogre - Club, Power Attack
- Chucker - Ranged Explosives
- Shaman - Heal, I think a damage spell?
- Ogre Magi - Arc Lightning, Lightning Cloak
- Bawws - Heal, Club, Power Attack, maybe a buff?

So far on our various visits to the Den, none has showed the ability to stop people from activating an Orb, except from overclubbing.

That doesn't actually support your argument or counter mine. That the golem has a seperate threat meter than us was one of my premises on which my entire argument was based.
All you did was show that one of my assumptions was correct.
Now please explain how does this make the golem HOLD AGGRO when we are a huge aggro magnet that even a dedicated tank can't keep enemies off of us.

It is a summon that "guards you and attacks your foes".

I am assuming that to be effective in its role, and the probability that its stat is actually based on Alice's, that it's Threat rating might be the caster's Threat rating + X, or something similar.

Ogre's Den:
- Minor Ogre - Club, Power Attack
- Normal Ogre - Club, Power Attack
- Chucker - Ranged Explosives
- Shaman - Heal, I think a damage spell?
- Ogre Magi - Arc Lightning, Lightning Cloak
- Bawws - Heal, Club, Power Attack, maybe a buff?

So far on our various visits to the Den, none has showed the ability to stop people from activating an Orb, except from overclubbing.
1. that assume we have seen all their abilities (in particular the ogre magi).
2. You have some uncertainties there
3. Lets take the ogre magi for example
You scream out a warning as a bolt of lightning flashes out, striking Anshelm and knocking him sprawling… and then arcing to you.
His Arc Lightening has the ability to knock someone sprawling. Can you use an orb while sprawled? do you need to first spend a turn standing up? does it provoke an AoE? Does being sprawled provide a bonus to enemy damage?
Also, people keep forgetting we are a goddamn squishy mage and many enemies have gotten us below half HP with a single hit. Soloing is insane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back