• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Why do you think it will take the full day? I can't find anything that says that.

[X] Vampires
[X] Ice Devils

Saving two villages, even if the JP isn't worth it, it's still a good thing to do.
Well the Warg Hunt took a full day.

Hmmm, you still have a point about saving two villages.

HMMMM.

Fuck it, changing my vote.

Why do you think it will take the full day? I can't find anything that says that.

[X] Vampires
[X] Ice Devils

Saving two villages, even if the JP isn't worth it, it's still a good thing to do.
yrsillar, how far apart are those? Is it possible to do that without having to sleep outside? Or maybe we could sleep in the second village? Is that kind of vote feasible?

[X] Go shopping
-[X] Check the stores for green job crystals.
-[X] Also look for something that allows you to resist Ice damage
-[X] Buy Ether x1, Amiritas x20
--[X] Store excess in the vault.
-[X] Store Potions x2 in the vault
-[X] Store the Burn Salve in the vault

Still uninterested in leveling Fire. I'd switch Ice for Fire, but honestly? We need the tank more then we need a bit more damage.
[X] Switch out Dark Magic for Wind Magic

[X] Vampires
[X] Ice Devils

Last edited:
Yeah, Warg Hunt took the full day because you chose to wait around and ambush the initial group. If your willing to rest in the second village you could totally do both.

Yeah, Warg Hunt took the full day because you chose to wait around and ambush the initial group. If your willing to rest in the second village you could totally do both.
This does mean no Inn right? So no way to regain HP/MP while sleeping? Also, do we need to get back to the city /before the deadline/, or is it ok as long as we did the job?

Can people please vote for the shop regardless of plan? I really really don't see why we'd want to avoid getting better jobs the easy way if we can.

Likewise undead and ice devils are probably going to resist 2/3 of our current active skills. If you're going there, do the sensible thing and grab fire so we can contribute. Please.

Travel time. It's very very unlikely that these two villages are in the same place. We need to go there, then go find the problems, deal with it and go back to the city, or go to the other village. Just like the wargs, this will probably take a full day for one.

Edit: It looks like we can notionally manage both.

On the other hand it's us racing around with little healing on two fairly risky jobs.

Arkeus Darkened

The Kiln Knight, who was most likely from Desecrated Fort, was strong against fire. Sera was not doing any damage to it, we were. Kiln is also a type of oven.

Old is probably a modifier to enemies. Just like the Kraken's baby modifier.

Likewise, the level of the monster was 15.

At earliest that kiln knight could be C rank Desecrated Fort, which means as likely as not it won't show up at all in E rank. If it does, we'd still have our ice and water magic equipped and wind won't really be useful anyway.

Last edited:
Buy like 20 Amirita and let Shimah heal us to full? Maybe use Totem to further save SP?

Buy like 20 Amirita and let Shimah heal us to full? Maybe use Totem to further save SP?
Guile, Xicree, If you really want to do those two missions, here is what I feel is best:
- Buy a shit ton of Amritas
-Sleep in the village
-Go directly to dungeons tomorrow without passing by the city, as yrsillar has said we just need to finish the mission in time, not report it.

The third point is very important, as going back to the city probably mean losing one of our daily actions tomorrow.

At earliest that kiln knight could be C rank Desecrated Fort, which means as likely as not it won't show up at all in E rank. If it does, we'd still have our ice and water magic equipped and wind won't really be useful anyway.
If there is one fire based enemy there will be more.

I'm thinking Desecrated Fort is a mixed bag as far as elemental attacks go. The archers had poison, the necromancer had dark, there were lots of different types of soldiers.

I intentionally picked two of the less-risky jobs.

Vampires are minimum group 3 D rank, Ice Devils are group 3-5.
Vampires are not that risky. Ice Devils are C rank group 3-5, which is basically "C-rank Crystal Lake where we can't Orb Out".

Vampires are not that risky. Ice Devils are C rank group 3-5, which is basically "C-rank Crystal Lake where we can't Orb Out".
It didn't actually say 'C-rank', but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

It's still a group that almost inevitably has a hardcore weakness to one of our member's primary attack, their attacks will probably heal our Guardian, while we can make do with Dark and Water, depending on what they're strong to.

Seriously people, we're already shopping. There is 0 reason whatsoever not to check inventory and potentially just buy the fancy new job we want right now and save months of IRL grinding.

Why would you not want to do that?

I intentionally picked two of the less-risky jobs.

Vampires are minimum group 3 D rank, Ice Devils are group 3-5.

Ice Devils are a total unknown risk. We have no relative basis to compare C ranks. The vampires are probably doable but we have next to no data samples on D rank difficulty and rushing to fix that issue there might simply lead us to choose a deliberately more risky path (Fight all the wargs at once) get overwhelmed and die on an otherwise doable mission.

The fact that Ice Devils is probably the third hardest instead of the hardest says nothing when we have no clue how hard any of them are.
If there is one fire based enemy there will be more.

I'm thinking Desecrated Fort is a mixed bag as far as elemental attacks go. The archers had poison, the necromancer had dark, there were lots of different types of soldiers.

Undead resist dark and, it seems, ice almost universally.

That leaves us with water and then wind's really really crappy offense spell if you want to go that route. If the enemies are a mixed bag, one enemy that nullifies water would pretty much escape our entire offense. By contrast, going with fire would let us have fire against conventional undead and ice and water against kiln knights.

The fact remains that wind continues to be kind of shitty for our build.

Wind magic only gets helpful if we're being attacked by a lot of enemies. If that happens it's not going to be helpful enough to save us. DPS is useful regardless.

We don't have the agility to be better than mediocre even fully buffed.

We do have the power to hurt things that element is strong against even with a small penalty.

It didn't actually say 'C-rank', but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

It's still a group that almost inevitably has a hardcore weakness to one of our member's primary attack, their attacks will probably heal our Guardian, while we can make do with Dark and Water, depending on what they're strong to.

Yrs confirmed it's C rank, which is a complete unknown.

Vampires are strong against ice and dark and weak to fire. Ice Devils are probably going to be strong against ice and dark and weak to fire. Our golem is useful. Nothing in dark will be. Do you see the element we can drop here?

Yeah, Yrs corrected that later when it was pointed out. It's C-rank.

You are talking about "not optimal" configurations. If they are lvl12 and acts like C-rank monsters... Well, we'll be in trouble, with no orbing out. Not saying it's impossible, just saying that like the Drake mission we didn't take last time (the one that wiped a whole party of branded), it's very risky.

And that's not counting things like "we'll get a lot of random encounters".

Winds biggest draw for me is that it is AoE damage, not the side effect of an agility boost. We've had a lot of trouble with spawners.

From what we've seen of Dark and Water it will also combine well with both of them which means another possible Fusion path.

Also Added to the shopping portion of the vote

-[] Buy Ether x1, Amiritas x20
--[] Store excess in the vault.
-[] Check the stores for green job crystals.
-[] Also look for an accessory that allows you to resist Ice damage

incidentally, we are pushing it on mana pots, we need to buy bigger bags and carry more mana pots into battle
Bigger bags won't help, there is a max on mana pots. That's what the vault is for.
Winds biggest draw for me is that it is AoE damage, not the side effect of an agility boost. We've had a lot of trouble with spawners.
Water currently does much better AoEs than Wind. As does fire.

From what we've seen of Dark and Water it will also combine well with both of them which means another possible Fusion path.
Possibly, but that's Job, not Magic Skill.

I have no interest in leveling Fire, and Dark magic is most likely going to be useless against both enemies. So I'd rather switch it out with Wind over Fire.

I changed my vote to include switching out Dark for Fire. Wind has more long-term synergies with us, but the Devil job is the more dangerous one, and Fire should help there.

I changed my vote to include switching out Dark for Fire. Wind has more long-term synergies with us, but the Devil job is the more dangerous one, and Fire should help there.
I still think the devil job is borderline suicidal and we should leave it to stronger adventurers.

I still think the devil job is borderline suicidal and we should leave it to stronger adventurers.
Straight from Yrsillar: none of the missions are a suicide run, although the potential for death exists.

And if we switch out for Fire, we have two fire mages and a tank that's healed by ice damage, when fighting ice monsters. We would pretty much be the best possible group for it.

Straight from Yrsillar: none of the missions are a suicide run, although the potential for death exists.
suicide run means "guaranteed TPK" AFAIK. and I said "borderline sucidal" not outright suicidal. I think the potential for death (not TPK, just a death) is rather high... too high

And if we switch out for Fire, we have two fire mages and a tank that's healed by ice damage, when fighting ice monsters. We would pretty much be the best possible group for it.
Levels matter though, those are C rank devils, and our MC's fire magic would be rank E. And take a penalty from our gear and racemod, and radeath has been saying he flat out does not WANT to do fire mage swap and wants to take them on with wind magic
if we switch in fire mage i would feel a lot better about this.

I am currently the only one voting to not use fire.

I am curious. Are respec crystals a thing? I was talking to the folks in chat about trying to get into a more melee/magic hybrid and being able to balance our stats would really help with that.

I am curious. Are respec crystals a thing? I was talking to the folks in chat about trying to get into a more melee/magic hybrid and being able to balance our stats would really help with that.
I don't think we should balance our stats, our stats are fine. And we should not become a gish

Yrs said that missions in general are very dangerous but our best way to affect the world.

He also said that no mission he'll show will be an instant defeat. Notably the mining drakes were on the list last time, so yeah, missions can be more than just 'potential for death' into flat out chasing it.

Respecing would help with that. I still have no interest whatsoever in doing it. The system makes it all sorts of difficult for gish builds to work. Going that way would either mean training swordy stuff up now when we're shit at it, or leaving it till alter and then ending up as a mage with gish stats and no physical skills. Neither is really preferable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back