• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Nor I, truly.

As can be shown, current tank team can hold their own, on the right challenge level.

If we want to go for second level Fusion Jobs, I would prefer going to Glacial Lady, even if I don't particularly like taking Hexer, over Gravelady.

On the whole though, I mostly prefer looking out for other possible options first than locking path into one or two upper level Fusions.

Wow, I completely misunderstood. Ok, we need to change our job to water mage then. It shouldn't affect any of our skills I would think.

hexer first. It'll be the harder grind and offers a more balanced result, and before that we need to level ice elementalist to B rank for skills. This has been discussed at length.

Gravelord is nifty as hell and we should pursue it, but we shouldn't go about it by grinding up our white jobs. Hit Glacial Lady first and then try to find the component green jobs. Necro, as discussed, is likely a fairly achievable job from drops or the store. Black Knight or whatever may be as well.

Likewise, Gravelord+Glacial Lady is a pretty obvious fusion possibility for Purple. And Necro is core enough to offer a lot of thematic fusions.

So grabbing Glacial Lady, then Gravelord then filling in the work in between via experimentation would be my vote.

Even then our stats and skills are such that we'd probably use a sword job and ignore the skills/equipment it offers.

On the whole though, I mostly prefer looking out for other possible options first than locking path into one or two upper level Fusions.

Again, look at the numbers. It simply doesn't make sense to flail about looking for the possibility of random fusions before we have solid jobs.

Fusing, at best, is a fallback option when we can't find the job crystals we need.

Later, when we have leveled many jobs and are stuck at blue, it may be different. If JP gains rocket up, this may change. As it is, trying to find an upper level job via fusions and luck is going to be the work of months in quest if we're lucky and get it on the first try.

Spending months trying to level stuff to no result time and again while every other party member has solid green/blue jobs does not particularly interest me.

If we find advice on another path it may be nice to switch, but it's kind of insane to push that much time on something with potentially no returns while we know that the clearest path for the themes people like (Glacial Lady) is right there.

[X] Shopping
-[X] Buy a swimsuit for sleeping already, take Sera to help you choose one out. Maybe she should get one too.

We've topped 1000 gilder, I suppose we can afford to buy a swimsuit.

Also we should probably put the Burn Salve into the vault or sell it. It's a situational item like the equipment we have stored there.

Damn, I wanted to make Anshelm a Crystalline Oni or something.

Or Maya a CatWolf.

or Alice a Bunny Undine.

Now, originally I only said it to keep up the mirror of Al's magic, but I really do think that, if a Light Elementalist job exists, it'd be a good fit for Sera, an obvious candidate for a Bright Mage fusion.

Now, originally I only said it to keep up the mirror of Al's magic, but I really do think that, if a Light Elementalist job exists, it'd be a good fit for Sera, an obvious candidate for a Bright Mage fusion.
You mean for a Blue fusion? Some kind of Bright + Light thing? Huh.

Anyway, fusion-wise my priorities would be to try to get a decent amount of strength in order to be able to reliably get a decent amount of JP every day. If the harder (well, by that I mean the ones for level 12-15) 5-men dungeons at C rank or so give solid JP rewards It might make experimenting with fusion much easier. However, as is we just don't even know if that's the case.

And if it's not, puttering around for 1+IRL year before getting a blue job seems more than sub-optimal, especially as we'd basically be going the "we want to experiment in fusions but instead find all the fusions results to be green/blue job drops we have found in dungeons already).

Keep in mind that green jobs are available on the under 10 level shop (so not auction), and that level 20~ or so can find blue jobs in dungeons without it being noted as weird.

Hmm, in that way, Fusion sounds favorable, because Job Drops that can be made from Fusion won't have their base Jobs' Skills already leveled.

On the other hand, getting a Job Drop probably easier than Fusing, just probably not the Job you wanted.

Hmm, in that way, Fusion sounds favorable, because Job Drops that can be made from Fusion won't have their base Jobs' Skills already leveled.
We don't know if that's the case if we fusion or not. It's very possible we get "E-rank Polar Adept Magic Skill" for example, and that it doesn't have any of the previous ice or water spells. Or that it has all of the ones we already know.

On the other hand, getting a Job Drop probably easier than Fusing, just probably not the Job you wanted.
Yeah, unless you farm specific dungeons, though with fusion we are not getting the job we want either (as we are experimenting), and, well, getting a drop means we need to equip the job anyway so might need to stop the IRL year-long process of experimentation for a while.

This is mainly why I really want to get able to do C-rank 5men as fast as possible, as it seems to me we might be able to get in the 50JP+/Day with those, and that means spending IRL 3 months to get a Blue job before experimenting, and not a year.

It's gambling on random drops vs a slow grind to the one you definitely want.

Every fusable job is confirmed to be available outside fusion. IE: Polar adept drops... somewhere.

Toads got the winning vote, but I'll probably snag bits of the social stuff from everybody given the United intent of making Alice take Sera somewhere nice.

You were the first person with that particular vote composition when I counted, so it falls under your name. Congratulations!

I didn't agree with most of your actions so I picked the other leading plan. Even it was a tad terse it had all the important parts.

I didn't agree with most of your actions so I picked the other leading plan. Even it was a tad terse it had all the important parts.
No, you voted for stuff that had actual content (though not one we agreed on)- the issue is Toad's plan had awful loot distribution, didn't have any of the evening actions, and didn't have any of the important social actions. It was basically a "vote that I would modify after discussion plan" that didn't get modified.

Pity.

Yrs already stated he will pick up the Social stuff from the other plans.

Yrs already stated he will pick up the Social stuff from the other plans.
Well, hopefully the "social stuff" include things like "Wonder if anyone wants to get the Water magic skills as we only want it for Fusion", "Gleefully telling people about our new skills" "Going Shopping/selling (since when is that social)" ....
Not even going to hope for thanking Maya a second time as she definitely saved someone's life last time or actually listening to Shimah's wishes, as no one else cared about it.

I mean, you usually do thorough plans in your own way. This time was pretty much the exception on a "the most empty plan of all those proposed" level.

Dude, take a breather for a sec.

While I can understand if you are kind of pissed off, half of your Social actions is what I proposed in the first place.

I was half-conked out last night when you chatted with me, and I simply forgot in the morning.

yrsillar
Can I add in the thank Maya again about orbing last time, as well as selling loot from Ogre's Den?
As well as the aforementioned discussion of having Mission Board checked each end of the update, as well as the Shop List.

Regarding sword and vestment, are we even going to change to those jobs anytime soon?

Dude, take a breather for a sec.

While I can understand if you are kind of pissed off, half of your Social actions is what I proposed in the first place.

I was half-conked out last night when you chatted with me, and I simply forgot in the morning.
Huh? I wasn't blaming you. Voting and planning to change stuff as people put ideas is something we all do, and it sometimes happen that we don't have time to change stuff. I was annoyed that the only vote that didn't have any social or shopping action somehow won, given that the evening is for social stuff.
Nope, we can wait until we see a uncommon sword instead of a white.
Keeping the sword is kinda silly yeah. The vestment (whether you mean the one we looted or the one Shimah is wearing) are, as Shimah explicitely said, swap items. The one we looted just there seems slightly better based on price but that might just be "acid res costs more than fire" thing.

Also, Shimah flat out said she wanted to put it in the vault as a swap item :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back