• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

[X] Damned if you won't get any use out of Maya's interest in your love life. Ask Maya if she has any advice to make you a better kisser.

Disregard potions, acquire ether
...And dat robe.
[Ice Sorceress' Robe] Imbued with winters wrath, boosts Ice resistance and damage, and grants a bonus to SP. Especially low defense. 280
[Handmaiden's Dress] A provocatively cut funerary dress. Boosts the power of Ice and Dark Spells, and grants a bonus to Health and SP. 260
It cost more, and it gives ice resistance, but it seems not to give any more damage to ice than our current dress, and less to dark. Doesn't have HP boost and doesn't have as much defense.

So not sure why it cost more- possible the Ice resistance is a big deal. So yeah, useful for some specific dungeons, but OTOH dungeons with lots of ice damage usually have ice resistance themselves so...

yrsillar: can we get the data for the Ice Queen Castle Dungeon (in the known dungeon tab)?

Last edited:
It's honestly getting a bit irritating how everything we fight has cold resistance, especially given Ice's low damage to begin with.

I suppose that's the drawback of fighting undead, and it makes sense here, but it does make me think we may want to consider looking into a build based on Water + something else rather than Ice + something else. Undead seem common.

Hmm, the Ice Queen won't pop up until higher ranks, I guess.
And we can probably assume the Bonus Boss is in the rosebush area.

Loots are pretty clear, I guess.
As always, don't forget to model.
Eh, I'm betting the bonus boss is actually in the noted giant room with stairs. It seems the more likely location to me than the spawner/constant damage room.

And I guess
[X] Arkeus

Sounds good. It covers what I was thinking of, mostly that we haven't visited home for a while, so we might as well. This just has the added bonus of bringing some friends with us. And it gives us a chance to ask our mother if we can keep the adorable Fire elementalist that followed us home.

[X] Arkeus
[X] Damned if you won't get any use out of Maya's interest in your love life. Ask Maya if she has any advice to make you a better kisser.

[X] Arkeus

[X] The robe is nice enough, for times when you can't use Dark like in the Desecrated Fort.
[X] Visit mom and uncle, it's been a while.

[X] Arkeus
[X] Visit mom and uncle, it's been a while.

Actually, we should study those notes.

[X] Arkeus
[X] Study the notes.

Arkeus
I think we should do the same thing with that Ice Elementalist crystal we're doing with the Fire Elementalist one. That is, Anshelm can use it for the skills but gives it to us when we use our current one in the fusion labs.

Arkeus
I think we should do the same thing with that Ice Elementalist crystal we're doing with the Fire Elementalist one. That is, Anshelm can use it for the skills but gives it to us when we use our current one in the fusion labs.
We could, but we also know that Anshelm wants a Elementalist Job crystal in order to get Mana absorbtion. There is no reason for him not to keep the crystal for now in case he wants to use it, and if he doesn't then well we take it back if we need it.

Also, I kinda want to see the Glacier/Royal Guard Fusion, or Ice/Bullwark.

I don't want to get locked out of a dungeon
This lockout mechanic is a bit weird.
This means that once we aren't a newb, we can never really leave this city. Because we will be locked out of all other dungeons in the world.
And the thing about adventurer's supposedly clearing out dungeons that pop up in dangerous areas? they have to basically start out as newbs, and then clear that dungeon at tier after tier as they level up in order to even have the option of one day clearing it out completely and destroying it. Makes settling new areas pretty insane.

This means that once we aren't a newb, we can never really leave this city. Because we will be locked out of all other dungeons in the world.
No, we can just attempt those locked-out dungeons at greater-than-E rank, can't we?

It's kind of the opposite- the dungeons around a city are left there on purpose for grinding reasons. Dungeons "evolve" over time, so in a couple of months GG would be a 3-man dungeon at E-rank, possibly level 5 or so, and so on.

Dungeons in the wild are usually the ones that had a long ass time to evolve.Also, for lowish-level new dungeons people really want to get rid of can always get "clear this undegon until level C" as a mission, then get "clear it on B" with another goup that takes on member of the old one, and so on.

No, we can just attempt those locked-out dungeons at greater-than-E rank, can't we?
No, we need to do it on E-rank to do it on D-rank. Or, more precisely, we need one person in our group to have done it at the previous rank (See how we did Ogre Den D-rank from the get go because Shimah had done it, or Al did GG C-rank when she hadn't done D-rank but Ans/Maya/Sera had).

No, we need to do it on E-rank to do it on D-rank. Or, more precisely, we need one person in our group to have done it at the previous rank (See how we did Ogre Den D-rank from the get go because Shimah had done it, or Al did GG C-rank when she hadn't done D-rank but Ans/Maya/Sera had).
Which means that we do, in fact, get permanently locked out of dungeons that we don't find in time. Unless we break up the band temporarily and sub some newbie in, I guess.

Dungeons in the wild are usually the ones that had a long ass time to evolve
Does their level fall with repeated clears? because a dungeon who has evolved to the point where its E rank max level is equal or higher than max level, is one that is impossible to beat as is

It's kind of the opposite-
No, we need to do it on E-rank to do it on D-rank
You are contradicting yourself. You say its the opposite, then you say its exactly what I said.

Wait, did she just say she DOES want the ice elementalist job crystal?
Yeah, that's the impression I got.
Which means that we do, in fact, get permanently locked out of dungeons that we don't find in time. Unless we break up the band temporarily and sub some newbie in, I guess.
Yes, hence why Darkened lobbied to make this dungeon as fast possible, as we were already very close to level 7 (and we would be locked by level 8), see how Maya is that now.
Does their level fall with repeated clears? because a dungeon who has evolved to the point where its E rank max level is equal or higher than max level, is one that is impossible to beat as is
When you clear a dungeon on S-rank (or EX-rank?) the dungeon is destroyed. We don't know what happens then. This is why Maya and Al were joking about getting the castle.

When you clear a dungeon on S-rank (or EX-rank?) the dungeon is destroyed. We don't know what happens then. This is why Maya and Al were joking about getting the castle.
This has literally nothing to do with what I said, you keep on giving me random factoids that I already know that have NOTHING TO DO with what I am saying.
I KNOW ALL THIS STUFF, you aren't answering the actual questions.

High level adventurers are said to clear out wild areas to create their own city states sometimes. I am saying that this is impossible because they should be locked out of all the dungeons in the area they want to clear.
You countered with saying that dungeons evolved over time.
I am saying that if the dungeon evolved to the point where its E rank max level (entry requirement) is the max level of an adventurer (level 60 IIRC). Then its S rank must be impossibly difficult and completely undoable (level 100 required, nobody can do it).
If the max level at which you can get E rank for that dungeon is level 59, then it is locked out for any level 60+ adventurers

I don't care about this castle and whether it survives the dungeon's destruction or not has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

When maya got locked out of E rank goblin, she couldn't go in with us to it anymore. Even though the rest of the party could go in, they had to leave her out if they wanted to

When maya got locked out of E rank goblin, she couldn't go in with us to it anymore. Even though the rest of the party could go in, they had to leave her out if they wanted to
The point is to sub-in a newbie that has already done E-C, and so we can go directly on B with him.
High level adventurers are said to clear out wild areas to create their own city states sometimes. I am saying that this is impossible because they should be locked out of all the dungeons in the area they want to clear.
You countered with saying that dungeons evolved.
I am saying that if the dungeon evolved to the point where its E rank max level is the max level of an adventurer. Then its S rank must be impossibly difficult and completely undoable.
Oh, sorry, didn't understand the question- there is no Max Level for an adventurer. Or at least none that centuries/millenia-old adventurers saw.

Obviously, though, some dungeons are next to impossible to clear without being at ridiculously high levels.

Dungeons created after a city is overrun are known to be particularly stupid to clear.

The point is to sub-in a newbie that has already done E-C, and so we can go directly on B with him.
1. that is not a newbie. It is to sub in a different person who has already unlocked higher tiers of that dungeons who is very much not a newbie.
2. not an option when trying to clear our a remote dungeon in order to create a new city

Obviously, though, some dungeons are next to impossible to clear without being at ridiculously high levels.
Except that being ridiculously high level locks you out of the dungeon in the first place. Hence it is a catch22.
You basically have to start out that dungeon at exactly the "right" level and then grind through it until you clear it.

1. that is not a newbie. It is to sub in a different person who has already unlocked higher tiers of that dungeons who is very much not a newbie.
2. not an option when trying to clear our a remote dungeon in order to create a new city
'newbie' comparatively to people doing S-rank dungeons, obviously.

Except that being ridiculously high level locks you out of the dungeon in the first place. Hence it is a catch22.
You basically have to start out that dungeon at exactly the "right" level and then grind through it until you clear it.
Indeed, you have to start at the dungeon at around the right level, or know someone who has already unlocked some of it, and so on. As I said earlier, this is a perfectly viable way for higher-ranked missions to work.

E.G, "We need a level 30 party to unlock that dungeon there": You pay people to unlock the various rank until you can then snub them for the level that is "right" for you.

Unless doing C rank unlocks S rank (which afaik it does not), then I have no idea where you get this ridiculous notion.|

Hypthetical dungeon
E rank - max level 10
D rank - max level 20
C rank - max level 30
B rank - max level 40
A rank - max level 50
S rank - max level 60

If you are level 51, you are locked to S rank.
a "relative newbie" that has done E-C is level 39 max, which means he can do rank B... NOT WITH YOU.
If MC is level 35, they need to find someone relatively the same level as them who had unlocked E-C to take them into C (assuming it is even possible for them to do it and skil E and D in such a manner).

And

Indeed, you have to start at the dungeon at around the right level, or know someone who has already unlocked some of it, and so on. As I said earlier, this is a perfectly viable way for higher-ranked missions to work.

E.G, "We need a level 30 party to unlock that dungeon there": You pay people to unlock the various rank until you can then snub them for the level that is "right" for you.
And as I said, it is not a perfectly viable way, because there is LITERALLY NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD who can unlock it above E rank for you if you are trying to clear a new city settlement site. You will need to find some newb to unlock it E rank, and then wait for them to grind through it tier by tier

The process appears to be:
1. high level scouts city site.
2. found a base camp, high levels use their influence to bring in a small army of newbies. high levels protect it by constant attacks by high level spawns. Many newbies die during said attacks.
3. newbies are brought in, they start doing local dungeons at E rank (protected by high levels on the way to and from said dungeons, high levels can't do said dungeons, only protect the newbs), leveling up through them, until eventually reaching S rank and destroying the dungeon. Many die. Might fail
4. Eventually the whole endeavor fails... or maybe succeeds as some of the newbies manage to become high level enough to take out the dungeon.

It is possible to do, but not through any of the ways you claim, but through the process I outlined above.
And is EXTREMELY difficult

Unless doing C rank unlocks S rank (which afaik it does not), then I have no idea where you get this ridiculous notion.|

Hypthetical dungeon
E rank - max level 10
D rank - max level 20
C rank - max level 30
B rank - max level 40
A rank - max level 50
S rank - max level 60
Even if such a dungeon existed (dungeons we have seen so far jump up 2/3 levels in ranks), my method works perfectly fine in two different ways:
The risky way:
A group of 4 level 60 accompanies 4 level 50, 4 level 40, 4 level 30, four level 20, five level 10 to the dungeon. The levels ten do the E-rank, the levels 20+one 10 do the D rank, and so on. Assuming three dungeons per day (because they obviously don't care about night encounters given they are so far away from the city), they can try the level 60 dungeon on the tail of the second day.

This is risky because it means they need to keep the level 50 guy in the level 60 dungeon, though of course they could level him up after he has cleared the B-rank dungeon.

The safe way
Do the same thing except the highest level of your groups is 50. They then come back later twhen they are level 60.

And all of this? this is a case of a dungeon working differently than everything else we have seen. Progression is more likely to be 10/13/18/25/30/35 Or some such.

And, yes, clearing dungeons is supposed to be hard if you haven't especially prepared for it from a long time.

Even if such a dungeon existed (dungeons we have seen so far jump up 2/3 levels in ranks)
I was using round numbers to illustrate the point, the process is identical regardless of what the numbers are

A group of 4 level 60 accompanies 4 level 50, 4 level 40, 4 level 30, four level 20, five level 10 to the dungeon. The levels ten do the E-rank, the levels 20+one 10 do the D rank, and so on. Assuming three dungeons per day
This is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what you claimed before. You EXPLICITLY claimed that the level 60 party just needs to find a single level 30 guy who has C rank unlocked in order to get into S rank. An explicitly wrong statement

I will grant you that this new plan is much more practical than having the level 10's grind said dungeon until they reach level 50. But it requires you bringing a wide array of people from the in between levels (also the lowbie has to be protected in some pretty brutal dungeons)

And, yes, clearing dungeons is supposed to be hard if you haven't especially prepared for it from a long time.
I have no problem with hard, I have a problem with literally impossible. We were told that high level adventurers do this. I am saying that they literally can't do it unless they bring in an entire army of lower level adventurer's in a plethora of level points and perform a massive long term campaign for it. To progressively unlock higher tiers for each other

This is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what you claimed before. You EXPLICITLY claimed that the level 60 party just needs to find a single level 30 guy who has C rank unlocked in order to get into S rank. An explicitly wrong statementr
Dungeons in the wild are usually the ones that had a long ass time to evolve.Also, for lowish-level new dungeons people really want to get rid of can always get "clear this undegon until level C" as a mission, then get "clear it on B" with another goup that takes on member of the old one, and so on.
'
I actually said it twice that way (including the first time), I was just lazy on the second time.

I actually said it twice that way (including the first time), I was just lazy on the second time.
Its not that, you said we need to bring in a newbie who did E-C to unlock B for us...
I said such a person is not a newbie
You replied
aka we are S rank capable.
But if we are capable of tackling S rank, then we are overleveled for B rank, and thus can't take it with said "relative newbie".
If we are capable of taking B rank, then we can't do S rank. And he isn't relatively a newbie but same level as us

Regardless, this doesn't change the fact that high levels cannot actually clear out dungeons like they are said to.
They need to bring a huge team of a variety of levels

Clearing a dungeon is generally a long term project yes. And high level dungeons tend to sprawl, so clearing one 40+ dungeon generally gives you enough space to start a settlement. After that, yeah, you have to attract lower levels to clear the weaker dungeons and expand. but you need that anyway to make a town and not, 'me and my buddies secret fort.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back