• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

So what is needed for a 'me and my buddies' secret fort' anyways?

Clear a Dungeon and have a Governor Job crystal on someone in the party so they can claim the cleared zone as 'safe'. If you don't bring more people it just never grows into a proper town/city.

Clearing a dungeon is generally a long term project yes. And high level dungeons tend to sprawl, so clearing one 40+ dungeon generally gives you enough space to start a settlement. After that, yeah, you have to attract lower levels to clear the weaker dungeons and expand.
What do you mean by 40+ dungeon? that its 40+ at E rank?
And, do you need to do what arkeus suggested where you get a team for each rank from E to S?

Well generally it goes. A reasonably high level party goes scouting for a spot they like with a dungeon who's E rank is within their range. And yes, there are dungeons that are very high even at E rank. Anyway they find a dungeon in a zone they like, and set about clearing it one rank at a time. If this is an organized expansion planned by another city they'll have less leveled parties clearing the weaker dungeons immediately nearby as well. Anyway. the original party keeps leveling up by grinding out the dungeon they're trying to clear until they can manage the S-Rank/enough of them die that they give up.

S rank gets cleared, new safe zone gets established and now you're playing Majesty instead of Wizardry.

Well generally it goes. A reasonably high level party goes scouting for a spot they like with a dungeon who's E rank is within their range. And yes, there are dungeons that are very high even at E rank. Anyway they find a dungeon in a zone they like, and set about clearing it one rank at a time. If this is an organized expansion planned by another city they'll have less leveled parties clearing the weaker dungeons immediately nearby as well. Anyway. the original party keeps leveling up by grinding out the dungeon they're trying to clear until they can manage the S-Rank/enough of them die that they give up.

S rank gets cleared, new safe zone gets established and now you're playing Majesty instead of Wizardry.
huh, interesting. this is the method I originally suggested (although hypothesized that eventually they might get so high level that no dungeon in the world exists whose E rank they can do)

What about this method suggested by arkeus where many people of various levels do it in one day?
A group of 4 level 60 accompanies 4 level 50, 4 level 40, 4 level 30, four level 20, five level 10 to the dungeon. The levels ten do the E-rank, the levels 20+one 10 do the D rank, and so on. Assuming three dungeons per day (because they obviously don't care about night encounters given they are so far away from the city), they can try the level 60 dungeon on the tail of the second day.

This is risky because it means they need to keep the level 50 guy in the level 60 dungeon, though of course they could level him up after he has cleared the B-rank dungeon.

I guess you might be able to finangle something like that, depending on the levels of the tiers. Dungeons don't generally jump ten levels from rank to rank. As to out leveling every dungeon... not a realistic concern. For reasons.

Clear a Dungeon and have a Governor Job crystal on someone in the party so they can claim the cleared zone as 'safe'. If you don't bring more people it just never grows into a proper town/city.

Hmm, I'd like to claim the dungeon, but it goes 7, 9 for E-D, let's say a 4-5 growth for the outside curve after that.

So, 7, 9, 13, 18, 22, 27 or so, which may be viable.

More practically it's probably a 2-3 curve.

7, 9, 12, 14, 17, 19

So we probably would take till level 20ish to be able to claim this place as a guild-hall. If we can't find a governer crystal by then, we'd probably need to look somewhere else.

On another note: Ooh: Ice Queen D rank is only a 9. That's the same as CL and we just got a ton of ice-resisting gear.

*Darkened is just holding out for the day Maya can tame Mittens*

If the ice devil quest is still around, I'd love to go Ice-Queen D>Ice Devils tomorrow, or the reverse.

Also Desecrated Fort is a Dark Souls dungeon complete with Black Knights. It's also quite possibly the source of our EX-rank event that may be incoming.

Well, I can give a little hint, since Alice would know, it just hasn't come up for easy exposition. To Alice, the known world. That is the area largely inhabited and controlled by humans despite the dungeons and monster attacks.... is about the size of.... lets say Ireland. Out past the borders is a sort of vague frontier fringe mostly made up of places where cities used to be, and then past that is a whole lot of question marks and notations about 'here be dragons'.

You are unlikely to run out of things to explore.

Neat, exploring past the borders of the known world sounds like a good project for someone who started out with a passive called 'Cat's Curiosity'

Hmm, I'd like to claim the dungeon
Honestly I don't much care for claiming this one
It is too close to the existing city. and it is too cold. sure its a pretty castle, but meh.

Well, I can give a little hint, since Alice would know, it just hasn't come up for easy exposition. To Alice, the known world. That is the area largely inhabited and controlled by humans despite the dungeons and monster attacks.... is about the size of.... lets say Ireland. Out past the borders is a sort of vague frontier fringe mostly made up of places where cities used to be, and then past that is a whole lot of question marks and notations about 'here be dragons'.

You are unlikely to run out of things to explore.
Interesting. And dangerous

Honestly I don't much care for claiming this one
It is too close to the existing city. and it is too cold. sure its a pretty castle, but meh.
Claiming a dungeon semi-close to the city is probably one of the things that is done regularly, as it means they can have a place where they can change job/skills without going all the way back to the city.

I expect there to be quite a lot of 'outposts' that are solely comprised of an inn and a couple of other things for when people are making deep-delving in monster territories.

Claiming a dungeon semi-close to the city is probably one of the things that is done regularly, as it means they can have a place where they can change job/skills without going all the way back to the city.

I expect there to be quite a lot of 'outposts' that are solely comprised of an inn and a couple of other things for when people are making deep-delving in monster territories.
Yeah, since the only way to regain HP\SP outside of potions is inns then establishing rest stops along the way is not only a good idea but practically a necessity. Camping out has got to be nigh suicide beyond the highest levels.

And the definition of 'high' levels will probably change as you venture further and further away from home. I imagine without humans to quell dungeons there are going to be EX rank monsters everywhere.

Except such things don't magically appear out of thin air, you need actual settlers to make things. And you are damaging the city infrastructure by taking away a dungeon they intentionally kept at a low level for people to grind for loot and XP. And QM's latest post suggests that deep delving is actually not a thing. And you are assuming we are a city who borders the wilds instead of surrounded by other city states. And the city would be the one to decide what to do with said dungeons, so any such claiming would be done by the city not random adventurers. And there is no reason you can't build an inn between dungeons rather than in an ex dungeon

Except such things don't magically appear out of thin air, you need actual settlers to make things. And you are damaging the city infrastructure by taking away a dungeon they intentionally kept at a low level for people to grind for loot and XP. And QM's latest post suggests that deep delving is actually not a thing. And you are assuming we are a city who borders the wilds instead of surrounded by other city states.
Only the goblin grove is noted as being kept around for newbies. The rest could and should be closed by Branded since they present a constant threat. Leaving a dungeon alone too long starts running the risk of an Event happening.

And yes, we are on the frontier

You're home is the frontier city of Altkhot. Were those seeking their fortunes in the multitude of dungeons that surround your home come to trade and rest. The City Lord is a pretty mercantile sort though, so newly marked Branded have to make their way on their own after they receive a stipend to purchase their very first job crystal. Better than the more tyrannical cities, but it does mean a certain… increased mortality rate.

Yeah, since the only way to regain HP\SP outside of potions is inns then establishing rest stops along the way is not only a good idea but practically a necessity. Camping out has got to be nigh suicide beyond the highest levels.
That, and "being able to change jobs/magic" when you are four days away from a city is REALLY nice.
I am going to ask for confirmation on that
What we were told was "People won't like it if you close newbie dungeons, but it quickly becomes ok". "Newbie dungeons", iirc, include all the stuff that's level 1-5 with three people. For example, I asked Yrs "So people won't like it if we close Ogre Den, but Devil's Eyes (lvl12 E-rank dungeon) is ok?", to which he answered yes.

"Newbie dungeons", iirc, include all the stuff that's level 1-5 with three people. For example, I asked Yrs "So people won't like it if we close Ogre Den, but Devil's Eyes (lvl12 E-rank dungeon) is ok?", to which he answered yes.
Thank you for confirming that radeath is completely wrong when he said ONLY Goblin Glade is kept as a newbie dungeon that we will upset people if we close.

Also, even if it would be "ok" to close Devil's Eyes, that doesn't mean its desirable to do so.

Thank you for confirming that radeath is completely wrong when he said ONLY Goblin Glade is kept as a newbie dungeon that we will upset people if we close.

Also, even if it would be "ok" to close Devil's Eyes, that doesn't mean its desirable to do so.
Considering the monsters seem to be escaping? I'd go with 'desirable'.

yrsillar, could you warn us when Maya is close to getting Taming at rank C? While I don't think It will enable her to tame boss already, one can dream.
I want my mittens.

Where exactly does one acquire a governor crystal?

Can be bought from the city once you've reached a certain rank and level. Is also a rare drop in some dungeons.

I think the most relevant question to ask now is, do NPCs have souls? By NPCs I mean non-Branded. Yep.

Considering the monsters seem to be escaping? I'd go with 'desirable'.
Only for the higher level more dangerous ones.
The lowbie ones upset people if we close them. but surely there is something between "upset" and "desirable". I am guessing
level 5 or lower - upset at you for closing it
level 6-7ish - preferred it open, not really upset by the loss
level 8-10ish - neutral, doesn't care one way or another
level 11+ - happy you closed it.

note the numbers are just a guess, I don't know if that is the exact figure.

Only for the higher level more dangerous ones.
The lowbie ones upset people if we close them. but surely there is something between "upset" and "desirable". I am guessing
level 5 or lower - upset at you for closing it
level 6-7ish - preferred it open, not really upset by the loss
level 8-10ish - neutral, doesn't care one way or another
level 11+ - happy you closed it.

note the numbers are just a guess, I don't know if that is the exact figure.
I was replying to you discussing closing the Devil's Eye, a level 11 dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back