• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Looking at the dungeon listing it might be an idea to take Wailing Cavern or Goblin Glade at D rank difficulty.

Loots sharing are pretty well thought of, I guess?

[] Ask Maya if the Crystal Staff is better in effect than the Goblin Staff that Sera has now, and if she can hold on to it for now if it is. Though the Water buff does not really help Sera.
[] Ask Shimah what level and rank is Ogre's Den

[07:11] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Yrsillar
[07:12] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Asking what Rank and Level is Ogre's Den
[07:12] <+Yrsillar> Yeah?
[07:12] <+Grosstoad|Sick> To put into consideration
(...)
[07:12] <+Yrsillar> Says at the end of the update
[07:12] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Though the Party recommended- Really?
(...)
[07:12] <+Yrsillar> Cap is 4 recommended party is 2
[07:13] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Hmm, Shimah probably has the D Rank access?
(...)
[07:13] <+Yrsillar> It's basically an alternate starter dungeon
[07:13] <+Yrsillar> Yep
[07:13] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Kay
[07:13] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Can Maya tell if the Water Staff has better bonuses than the Goblin Staff?
[07:13] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Excluding the Water buff
[07:14] <+Yrsillar> No more than you can.
[07:14] <+Grosstoad|Sick> Sad

+ponders if Shimah wants to be a witch doctor and is the type who picks form over function+
She might like the Warg Spine. :D

[X] Alice
-[X] 3 [Amrita], 1 [potion], 1 [Panacea], [Crystal Lord's Robe]
[X] Maya
-[X] [Crystal Axe], [Crystal Staff], 1 potion, 1 [Panacea]
[X] Anshelm
-[X] [Crystal Breastplate], [Crystal Shield], 1 [Antidote], 6 [potions]
[X] Shimah
-[X] [Spider Talisman], [Crystal Boots], 1 [potion], 1 [antidote], 3 [Amrita]
What Do!
[X] Another Dungeon!
-[X] Ogre's Den - D rank

Last edited:
[X] Alice
-[X] 3 [Amrita], 2 [Potion], [Crystal Lord's Robe]
[X] Maya
-[X] [Crystal Axe], [Crystal Staff], 1 [Potion], 1 [Panacea]
[X] Anshelm
-[X] [Crystal Breastplate], [Crystal Shield], 1 [Panacea], 1 [Antidote], 5 [Potion]
[X] Shimah
-[X] [Spider Talisman], [Crystal Boots], 1 [Potion], 3 [Amrita], 1 [Antidote]
[X] Another Dungeon!
-[X] Ogre's Den D rank.

Last edited:
Why do people keep insisting on doing full-party dungeons that we are overlevelled for when it halves the XP/JP we get?

Ogre's den main attraction is that it will continue to be available at rand E once Maya gets to level 4 (sooner rather than later now). Howeveer, we are now in a position where we can safely do starter dungeon with 2 people. So:

X] Alice
[X] Maya
[X] Anshelm
-[X] [Crystal Breastplate], [Crystal Shield], 1 [Panacea], 1 [Antidote], 5 [Potion]
[X] Shimah
[X] Another Dungeon!
-[X] Goblin Glade
--[X] But do it in 2 parties of 2 people, Shimah /AL, Maya/Anshelm.

This will net us 90-100XP instead of 40-50, and 15-20JP instead of 8-9... Which means we are guarenteed to be able to get Ice Elementalist to rank D, and are /almost certain/ to get ice magic/Staves to rank D.

This is not only doable but quite a bit step up that will allow us to either solo the starting dungeons (for sweet XP/Loot) or at least be able to do higher-ranked ones more reliably.

EDIT:
The danger should aslo be fairly minimal given that we are both in the middle of the accepted level (1-3) and we have some /very/ high quality gear for that level. As is, this is a safe way to get a major power boost as well as see how things work in smaller parties.

Last edited:
+coughs+
Level Cap 3, recommended party 2, for E rank.
When we went at it, even before the Bonus boss pops up, it was pretty much a cakewalk for the four of us. But when the Bonus Boss popped up, Anshelm's HP went to the red, even if he actually maintained that position to trigger his Passive.

I am very leery of just having Alice alone with another person, in case the Passive triggers.

Anyway, I think we can also visit the Ogre's Den at D rank, since Shimah must have already done that one.

Yup, that is my reasoning as well. As long as Alice has Cat's Curiosity it is... unwise for her to go alone or with one other person. Our new robes might be good, but they aren't a tank's armor.

We have to plan for each dungeon as if bonus boss will pop up.

+coughs+
Level Cap 3, recommended party 2, for E rank.
When we went at it, even before the Bonus boss pops up, it was pretty much a cakewalk for the four of us. But when the Bonus Boss popped up, Anshelm's HP went to the red, even if he actually maintained that position to trigger his Passive.

I am very leery of just having Alice alone with another person, in case the Passive triggers.
Yup, that is my reasoning as well. As long as Alice has Cat's Curiosity it is... unwise for her to go alone or with one other person. Our new robes might be good, but they aren't a tank's armor.

We have to plan for each dungeon as if bonus boss will pop up.
Yeah, no.

Since then we do much more powerful damage, we have much higher defense, and if we take either Shimah or An we could either Debuff the boss (making him very easy to beat) while she heals us or An can tank him indefinitely given his currently much, much superior gear.

We are overlevelled for Goblin Lake right now, nad we already had "very good gear' for our level before this dungeon. Right now, i would say we could solo the dungeon without the bonus encounter, and with either An or Shimah we could do the bonus Boss.

Doing Goblin Glade right now means we get twice as much exp/jp as we did when we were 4, so this gets us /much/ more than doing Ogre Den.

Anyway, I think we can also visit the Ogre's Den at D rank, since Shimah must have already done that one.
Not doing D rank dungeons before we get D rank job ourself, and that's assuming we even can, or that we would get comparative xp/jp for it.

EDIT:
And we actually KNOW there is no exp loss by being lvl2, as a 1-3 and a 1-5 dungeons gave us similar amount of xp (with both bonus encounters), and a 1-6 one at lvl2 gave us the exact same without bonus encounter.

So, yeah- goblin glade with 2 people can be expected to net us 100XP, 14-20JP, wich net us to rank 2 in our Job and very liquely to rank D in ice magic/staves, while ogre den would give us half of that.

Last edited:
Anshelm was taken to the red by the wolf. We would have died verse the squid if we had taken a second hit. None of our armor actually has a high armor rating allowing us to match him. Don't underestimate the bonus bosses.

Anshelm was taken to the red by the wolf.
Anshelm was taken to the red by the wolf without a healer, without a debuffer and with starting gear
We would have died verse the squid if we had taken a second hit. None of our armor actually has a high armor rating allowing us to match him.
Actually, our cloak gives us a armor rating, and our freezing abilities are much, much stronger now. You are also forgetting that with An with us we wouldn't have issues, and with Shimah we would have even less issues because Debuff would make their attacks trivials.

Don't underestimate the bonus bosses.
Don't under-estimate the difference between starting gear with no healer or debuff and high-end gear for our level with those.

The caster robes don't offer (much) Defense?
The starter robes states it's 'Slightly better than naked', while the Crystal Lord's Robes does not state improved Defense, in comparison with the starter robe.

Mages aren't really tanking material.

If it wasn't for the Cat's Curiosity, I might be amenable for that.

The caster robes don't offer (much) Defense?
The starter robes states it's 'Slightly better than naked', while the Crystal Lord's Robes does not state improved Defense, in comparison with the starter robe.
I mentionned our White Cloak, which does give defense. Since we first did Goblin Glade, we had two sources of improved damage (better staff, and a robe that explicitely make ice magic stronger) and our freeze abilities are very good.

Mages aren't really tanking material.
Indeed, but we are CC material and we have seen in the latest update, before out latest upgrade, that we are in fact pretty damn good at making damage.

If it wasn't for the Cat's Curiosity, I might be amenable for that.
That's what we have a debuffer for that's also a healer.

Look, if we are in real trouble (which mean healer having no SP/etc) we can always port out, as the escape orbs are for the whole group it's not a big issue. However, doing the Goblin Glade alone will give use twice as many xp/jp than doing anything else and it will push us over the D rank for our job and hopefully for ice magic/staves, all of which are big pluses.

We have, what, a 20% off of having a Bonus Boss, and then a 20% odd of it being too much to deal with? Given we would have a healer/debuffer, it won't come all at once, either, so we have something like a 95% odds of doubling our gains and a 5% odds of 'losing' our afternoon... which would still tell us about our current efficiency in combat.

As is, i wouldn't be surprised if we can't just one-shot everything but the bosss/Bonus boss, and make those trivial with debuff.

X] Alice
[X] Maya
[X] Anshelm
[X] Shimah
[X] Another Dungeon!
-[X] Ogre's Den
--[X] Run back to town and deequip Cat's Curiosity first

De-equiping Cat's curiosity first
Well, if it helps make people feel safer:
[X] Alice
[X] Maya
[X] Anshelm
[X] Shimah
[X] Another Dungeon!
-[X] Ogre's Den
--[X] Run back to town and deequip Cat's Curiosity first

+blinks+
That's a very good suggestion, Dark. Though it will run the risk of a night encounter when returning, by visiting low level Dungeons, we shouldn't be incurring much damage in the first place. Especially if we go at it with Cat's Curio de-equipped.

Also, selling spare loots during town visit?

Alright gonna weigh in on a few things I've seen come up.

First. Yes you can go straight to the D-rank Ogre Den. As long as Shimah is in your party at least. If you split up, only the person she goes with will be able to do so. I will note that D-ranks are more difficult though, and this little trick is... inadvisable at ranks higher than C.

Secondly, if you vote for a dungeon that Al has access to multiple ranks of, please specify the rank you wish to enter.

Lastly, on Al's new robe. It does provide some defense. All armor items provide some degree of defense. The only reason your Warg Cloak specifies adding defense is that it is an accessory, and they don't always do that. Armor always does, although obviously cloth armor provides very low defense compared to Light or Heavy armors.

I guess we're re-doing the Goblin Glade then.

EDIT: No going to separate Dungeons, though. We don't want to brave night encounters only by pairs.

Last edited:
I guess we're re-doing the Goblin Glade then.
Wait, you wanted to do a D-rank dungeon when we are only E rank? eep.

EDIT: No going to separate Dungeons, though. We don't want to brave night encounters only by pairs.
Where do you get it being night from? It's like yesterday when we did Goblin Glade in the morning and Wailing Cavern in the afternoon- we did Crystal Cave this morning, and we are doing [X] this afternoon.

We could be doing Ogre's Den by pair (which means twice the exp/jp, and finally getting us to D rank) or even Goblin Glade, or we could do something else, but anything that's done with more than 2 people shouldn't be "recommanded" for 2 people when we are overgeared.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you wanted to do a D-rank dungeon when we are only E rank? eep.
Err, no? We can re-do the E-Rank Dungeons.

Where do you get it being night from? It's like yesterday when we did Goblin Glade in the morning and Wailing Cavern in the afternoon- we did Crystal Cave this morning, and we are doing [X] this afternoon.

We could be doing Ogre's Den by pair (which means twice the exp/jp, and finally getting us to D rank) or even Goblin Glade, or we could do something else, but anything that's done with more than 2 people shouldn't be "recommanded" for 2 people when we are overgeared.
Nah, Yrs mentioned before, when we had just finished Goblin Glade E-Rank, that going back to town before going to another Dungeon means that we will be returning from the second Dungeon at night, risking night encounters.

Also, we can't do Ogre's Den by pairs, as Yrs just mentioned, since only Shimah has access to it, so splitting the party meant that only one party can access it.

Which I don't really get? If Shimah can show us the entrance, can we split the party then?

Err, no? We can re-do the E-Rank Dungeons.
Oh, i thought you meant that we wouldn't go to Ogre's Den because we couldn't do it split pair at D rank.

Nah, Yrs mentioned before, when we had just finished Goblin Glade E-Rank, that going back to town before going to another Dungeon means that we will be returning from the second Dungeon at night, risking night encounters.
Ah, i see.

Also, we can't do Ogre's Den by pairs, as Yrs just mentioned, since only Shimah has access to it, so splitting the party meant that only one party can access it.

Which I don't really get? If Shimah can show us the entrance, can we split the party then?
We can't do it at D-rank without her, we can do it at E-rank (as long as we know where it is).

We can't do it at D-rank without her, we can do it at E-rank (as long as we know where it is).
Ah. Missed that. Ogre's Den then.

[X] Another Dungeon!
-[X] Ogre's Den E Rank
--[X] Run back to town first and de-equip Cat's Curiosity first, and sell excess loot
--[X] Ask Shimah if there are alot of Elemental damage source in the Dungeon (enemies/trap/environment), so that Anshelm can store one of his shield
--[X] Do it in 2 parties of 2 people, Shimah/Alice, Maya/Anshelm

I'm curious why you decided to split the party into caster/caster and melee/melee?

Melee group is getting kinda screwed over with midrange options.

[X] Alice
[X] Maya
[X] Anshelm
[X] Shimah
[X] Another Dungeon!
-[X] Ogre's Den D rank.

Something easy to come down from the crazy train that is Crystal Lake.

I'm curious why you decided to split the party into caster/caster and melee/melee?

Melee group is getting kinda screwed over with midrange options.
Two reasons for me:
a°) Maya has a thing for Anshelm. I suspect that splitting otherwise might take more work.
b°)Anshelm as-is is pretty much invicible in the dungeon, and Maya has higher DEF and higher Damage than before, so she can kills everyone while Anshelm aggros them. Given she can "take off agro" with stealth, she is also very safe in the rare case Ashelm's agro would drop.

And the justification for the caster team? Shimah can only debuff one target at a time.

Splitting the party's a terrible idea... Now here's the thing, I know we get more exp for completing a dungeon with less people... but the fact is most of the dungeons we've hit so far have been challenging for a GROUP in one way or another. Now the cost of NOT completing a dungeon is less exp, less items, and using up an escape orb to save one's own skin...

... This is one of those cases where I will argue for caution. Challange is good, but ultimately Id say we're better of playing it 'safe' by staying together in a party so that no matter what comes our way we can handle it.

Updated my own vote with Ogre's Den D Rank. We might as well.

Splitting the party's a terrible idea... Now here's the thing, I know we get more exp for completing a dungeon with less people... but the fact is most of the dungeons we've hit so far have been challenging for a GROUP in one way or another. Now the cost of NOT completing a dungeon is less exp, less items, and using up an escape orb to save one's own skin...
They haven't been?

Goblin Glade was a stomp when none of our people were geared except for the boss battle, and since then we not only have gained a level but our gear is ridiculously better. This isn't "caution", this is "we know for a fact a dungeon is recced level 1-3 (or 1-4 for Ogre's den) for 2 branded, and that it's also a starter dungeon meant for not-geared people. We have seen how even before our latest power up our spells could twoshot spiders- the beginner goblins are going to be oneshot right now. We are bother overlevelled and overgeared for it, so taking the /recommended/ numbers of people is not a lack of caution.

... This is one of those cases where I will argue for caution. Challange is good, but ultimately Id say we're better of playing it 'safe' by staying together in a party so that no matter what comes our way we can handle it.
Yes, let's divide all our exp/jp by two so that we can never do any kind of dangerous dungeons is a great way to never be in danger.

Or, you know, we could do dungeons we are overlevelled and overgeared for when we also have a teleport home button.

The spiders were a swarm type enemy, more of them with less HP. Meant to overwhelm an unprepared party. And they were incredibly difficult to deal with. Didn't you read how we over taxed our mana supply? We had to chug all our amirita's and our ether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back