• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Or we could just… not do that. It's totally an option to just tacitly accept that Comet didn't have much voice IIRC and not do anything about it.
I'm going to continue to argue that we should not pursue this. Truly, who are we to judge when it comes to taking terrible actions to save the ones you love?
Same tbh. Velvet and Comet Feet already don't have a great relationship, and I just don't really see anything productive coming out of that conversation. Especially since, like, we almost did something pretty similar, and the only reason we didn't is bcuz we had the Big Red Button of Regrettable Actions.

I'm going to continue to argue that we should not pursue this. Truly, who are we to judge when it comes to taking terrible actions to save the ones you love?
I think the point of that action is less "You shoudn't have done this" and more "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL US?".

There is also the matter of making sure Comet Feet knows we betrayed the Cult for real, since he might not have believed it then and it could be part of the reason he hates Velvet.

I think the point of that action is less "You shoudn't have done this" and more "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL US?".

There is also the matter of making sure Comet Feet knows we betrayed the Cult for real, since he might not have believed it then and it could be part of the reason he hates Velvet.
If Luna suddenly coming to our monthly tea parties doesn't signpost to Comet that we were up to some non-Master-approved shenanigans I don't know what would :V

Last edited:
If Luna suddenly coming to our monthly tea parties doesn't signpost to Comet that we were up to some non-Master-approved shenanigans I don't know what would :V
Obviously we have to get Celestia there too, and make sure to have her comment on our taxidermied bust of the Master's skull. That might work.

I mean... The Master did make our Main Objective be bringing Luna to our side. I think he would be more surprised she is alive though.
"Damn, Velvet is carrying on the Master's work even when he's dead. She must be really loyal!"

I mean, it's not our fault the Master made assumptions on Luna's state based on incomplete evidence, and we later found better evidence, right?

(I am still amazed that we managed to not only keep Luna secret, but actually killed the Master before even bringing her back.)

"Damn, Velvet is carrying on the Master's work even when he's dead. She must be really loyal!"

I mean, it's not our fault the Master made assumptions on Luna's state based on incomplete evidence, and we later found better evidence, right?

(I am still amazed that we managed to not only keep Luna secret, but actually killed the Master before even bringing her back.)
I'm pretty sure Comet Feet was well aware the Master wasn't dead back then(they did make a deal after all) and since he gave up climbing I doubt he will see what happened with the Woods or figure out they're really dead instead of possessing Shining Armor.

(And yes Velvet Covers is such a good mother nothing that hurts her daughters will survive, even if they weren't her daughters when it happened.)

Well, if he visited the Mansus after he would have noticed the Ash, but I'm not entirely sure he would. It's not like he's seeking Glory or anything. Unless he's looking for a more moral source of Edge Sacrament anyways, since he does still feel the need to be strong enough to protect Fluttershy IIRC.

Again, do we have any hint that Comet figured out the Master is the Woods?
As far as he knows, that bit of landscaping around the walls of the Mansus is unrelated to the Master's plans.
It's less that he would have to think the Master is the Woods, and more that he would have to think the Master was in the Woods. Because as far as we can tell literally everything there died, not just the Woods themselves. And it's pretty safe to assume that unless the Master was like Marinette and all of them came through, the majority of their existence would be in the Woods.

Keep in mind, unless Comet figured out what the Master is, he has no way of knowing they're dead. As far as he knows, we loyally helped the Master pull of his reincarnation scheme.
Assuring him that we didn't and that the Master is definitely 100% dead would require admitting to the whole "Regrettable Action" thing, though. Which, I think Bird has said before that Velvet is unwilling to do? (Edit: To talk about Regrettables in general, I mean, not to Comet specifically)

Last edited:
Trying to shove it all in one turn is a bit optimistic. Especially if we don't summon Biedde on turn 19.

Fair. But even if we split the relative actions in 2 turns, we still have good reason to fit as many as we can in each turn we have the SH influence, and I think we're better off using Baldomare's (which is a certain tier 4) rather than an uncertain tier 2 to 4 depending on roll that ALSO costs bits

Maybe we can do Sacrament first, and then Outsider the turn after. I want the sacrament as soon as possible, so turn 19 OR 20.

I still think doing a book search by hoof is optimistic. Particulalrly if it's in ponyville.

Though the guidebook to the elements of harmony should still be in town...

Why would it be optimistic, and "particularly in Ponyville"? We get books based on the roll. Above 100 we break the "former" cap, which I think was lvl 3 max? So if we roll +104 (our possible max) we'd get MINIMUM lvl 4 books, and potentially lvl 5s.

That said it's not a priority. we could just... give 200 bits to Baldomare (or how much we can afford) and hope she finds something nice instead.

I'd bring it up to better understand what happened, and if there's any other surprises.

Also to make it clear that the Master is now dead and is not coming back. Which should both reassure Comet and scare him beyond belief.

I definitely agree we can't judge him for what he did, but I'd rather he knew we know, and that the Master is not coming back to ask for more stuff.

Same tbh. Velvet and Comet Feet already don't have a great relationship, and I just don't really see anything productive coming out of that conversation. Especially since, like, we almost did something pretty similar, and the only reason we didn't is bcuz we had the Big Red Button of Regrettable Actions.
eh, I think Comet could use the piece of intel that "Master is dead".

and maybe a warning/explanation about the new mansus? Then again he should count as associated with us, so the wolves should ignore him, and even if they didn't he's Edge 4. He'd probably be fine.

The Sacrament is dangerous, making two of them on the same turn...yeah, if we are going to do it, it should be one per turn.
The danger depends on us failing the roll I think. In which case doing them both while we have the +40 from influence is better.

It also gives us another neat power.

I suppose we could do them in two turns in a row, but it means we're committing to two turns of SH influence from Baldomare... AND that we get the sacrament a turn later.

Not sure Edge would help getting through the Ash. He can fight, sure, but once one Wolf finds him more will, and they're probably at least as dangerous as Windigoes on their own.

Honestly, I expect the Ash to be a slightly less dangerous version of the Dreamlands. Moth all the way or you're gonna be fucked fast. There's just a chance the Wolves will let you go after a wound or two rather than definitely killing and possessing you like the Worms.

Or we could just… not do that. It's totally an option to just tacitly accept that Comet didn't have much voice IIRC and not do anything about it.
I kinda sympathize with this viewpoint. But it is the way to get closer to the insanely dangerous edge adept.

its precisely because we dont really have any ground to stand on when it comes to criticizing him.

If we wish to improve our friendship with the murder blender. More than one of mutual fear/respect and tolerance...

Thats the way.

That said it's not a priority. we could just... give 200 bits to Baldomare (or how much we can afford) and hope she finds something nice instead.
I am partial to this. But also because bird talked about... hm. "The way to make names stay around is to become friends with them. The way to become friends with them is to spend more time with them."

I would predicate that action on... basically.

@OurLadyOfWires if we tell Baldomare to go have fun, is that actually what she will do?

Like she will go have a good time. It's not some half assed "go have fun but actually bring me a reward for giving you bits and free time" thing?

Last edited:
I kinda sympathize with this viewpoint. But it is the way to get closer to the insanely dangerous edge adept.

its precisely because we dont really have any ground to stand on when it comes to criticizing him.

If we wish to improve our friendship with the murder blender. More than one of mutual fear/respect and tolerance...

Thats the way.
Do we actually care about improving our relationship with him beyond "not a threat to us" tho? Like, the only reason we put so much effort into social-ing him pre-betrayal is because he was the single biggest threat in the cult next to the Master and we needed to either defang him or get rid of him before he got the chance to go murderblender on us.

Do we actually care about improving our relationship with him beyond "not a threat to us" tho? Like, the only reason we put so much effort into social-ing him pre-betrayal is because he was the single biggest threat in the cult next to the Master and we needed to either defang him or get rid of him before he got the chance to go murderblender on us.

-[X] [FLUTTERSHY] Ask for a favor, from your... mutual friend.
I don't think people care, but I think people are very incorrect in not caring. Given how excited they are to try and make us of him.

To say nothing of upsetting him being a way for us to maybe die.

He could of course, also be sniped by someone more convincing Copper maybe? Or take further action that he doesn't bother telling us about.

The issue here is: He doesn't care, he actually hates Velvet and that limits our interactions a lot, using one AP might be enough to convince him to at least be neutral if someone comes to take shot at us instead of teaming up to take care of the bigger threat(Velvet) or it might lead to us getting to the other half of his friendship route.

The danger depends on us failing the roll I think. In which case doing them both while we have the +40 from influence is better.
That is a dangerous assumption to make, imo failing the roll means we don't get progress and probably take a mental malus, succeeding means we get progress but we roll on the lore wheel and if we get a bad Velvet she's gonna fuck shit up for us.

I am of the opinion that we call down our own influence and accept it if its tier 3 then do the actions spread over two turns, both because we will not have the AP for doing this in one turn and because these will be narratively and mechanically dangerous actions.

I also support taking the Comet fleeting opportunity.

Regardless I believe our next turn looks something like this:
Baldomare to scry for Frangiclave
Jade to scry for Manuscripts or Memory (personally I think the scry is better)
Marinette to either raise SL with Spoiled or pursue cease fire (would prefer cease fire)
1 AP to summon DoA
DoA to Canterlot expedition
Rarity to take a commission
Fluttershy to do...something
And 3 AP left over

Assuming we do the SH influence call next turn we have 2 left over. If we take the Comet action that leaves us with one other for the Luna related fleeting opportunities unless we take the commissioner choice. If we don't then we waste the influence so either we drop Comet or take the additional ap.

Last edited:
Look, the raw fact of the matter is that we need Sacraments and Name Friends. A mortal with which we have reached a truce is of far less important than ensuring we have the Eldritch oomph to work against the next big bad without smashing our forehead into the Big Red Regrettable Action button like a memetic Inquisitor does with the Big Red Exterminatus button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back