• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Everybody loves Shoggoths! [Quest]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

The woman listens to your question as she gazes down at you. You rest in your bed and wait...

Vindictus

Experienced.
The woman listens to your question as she gazes down at you. You rest in your bed and wait. After a few moments, she begins speaking-

"It was a dark night, ten years ago to this day. I had heard tales of disturbing disappearances in the area- Of eyeless men in black cloaks gathering, of strange disappearances and odd circles found etched into the scenes of the crimes. Having been employed as an investigative journalist at the time, I naturally sought those things out- Hoping, dreaming that this would be the story that made me one of the big names.

"I had no idea what I was getting into, honestly- I hadn't the slightest inkling of what was going on as I traced the accounts back to their sources, as I chased the rumors like a dog chases a car- Not knowing or caring what the implications were, or where they took me as I followed.

"Eventually, I traced the reports to a single place- An old ruins outside of the town, ramshackle stone and ruined arches in the center of a dank, fetid swamp. As I watched, the black-clad men began showing up- One by one, until the ruins were full and seething. As the clouds cleared about the rising moon, the men began their chant.

"It was a strange and bizzare sound- There are no words in this language that can truly describe it, I think. It was like... A choir of darkness, a symphony crafted from shadows and spider's silk. I only know that as I listened, mesmerised by the sound, I saw it.

"It was always there, I suppose- A wrinkle, a space between spaces. But now it was unravelling- Expanding- And dancing with colors I had never seen before or since. And from that space, HE emerged in all HIS splendor- Great and terrible, fierce in HIS majesty. As HE stepped from between, he wrapped the gap around him like a cloak of his own.

"Before I realized what I was doing I was before HIM- And as HE gazed down upon me, he asked me a single question.

"May I have this dance?"

Her face grows fond and reminiscent for a moment, before she shakes her head.

"And that, my dear, is how I met your father."

... You really wish you had never asked, now.

Character Creation-

You are a-

[] Boy

[] Girl

You've always been a bit, shall we say, different. How is this most visible?

[] You know things... Pretty much everything you're asked, to be honest. This frustrates your schoolteachers to no end, given you never bother studying or any such rot.

[] People do what you ask them. This can occasionally be annoying, and has led to your mother scolding you on the rare occasion you tell someone to get lost or some such.

[] You can be in more than one place at the same time. Surprisingly handy for pranks.

[] Something Else?

[X] Girl

[X] You know things... Pretty much everything you're asked, to be honest. This frustrates your schoolteachers to no end, given you never bother studying or any such rot.

[X] Girl

[X] You know things... Pretty much everything you're asked, to be honest. This frustrates your schoolteachers to no end, given you never bother studying or any such rot.

[X] Boy
[X] You can be in more than one place at the same time. Surprisingly handy for pranks.

[X] Girl

This ought to be fun. Is this any particular universe?

Knowing things sounds interesting, but you can basically tell people around you to ignore the fact your cheating, and then look at/ask people to tell you what you want to know.

Redon said:
Knowing things sounds interesting, but you can basically tell people around you to ignore the fact your cheating, and then look at/ask people to tell you what you want to know.
Stop with the powergaming already.
Just pick the option that sounds most fun.

[X] Boy
[X] You can be in more than one place at the same time. Surprisingly handy for pranks.

[X] Girl

[X] Boy

[X] Girl

[X] Girl

Gender doesn't really matter, so I just went with what seemed more popular.

[] Knowledge- Provides us with valuable information, provides us with a pre-made character flaw (don't study) and makes us a nerd sorta.
[] Asking- Extremely powerful, but that just means limitations will be put upon it. Unlikely to lead to interesting events unless we start "asking" to build an empire or something.
[] Multiple locations- This was a close second, but again it is very likely to have major limitations to make us unable to do broken things like drown the earth in our clones. Though, if one location of us gets injured, do all of us take the injury? Is that effect transferred at FTL speeds? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Boy Girl Both Neither Yes.

A Shrodinger's trap which is both boy and a girl until you pull down it's pants.

[X] Boy

[X] Girl

[X] People do what you ask them. This can occasionally be annoying, and has led to your mother scolding you on the rare occasion you tell someone to get lost or some such.

[ ] You know things... Pretty much everything you're asked, to be honest. This frustrates your schoolteachers to no end, given you never bother studying or any such rot.

While we know things apparently we have to be asked first before we know it. At least if I'm reading this right. Kind of like we got all the answers but we need the right questions to get them still.

[ ] People do what you ask them. This can occasionally be annoying, and has led to your mother scolding you on the rare occasion you tell someone to get lost or some such.

People do anything we ask them to... Anything. We would have to be very careful with our words and especially passing comments. I can already see the consequences of "Go jump off a cliff" or "Go f*ck yourself" alternatively "Go kill yourself" although since it technically not asking it may not register. I still like this one the most.

[ ] You can be in more than one place at the same time. Surprisingly handy for pranks.

Breaking space-time and being in two places at once sounds awesome... however since they're both us any injuries/anything that happens to one likely happens to the other. Very close second though.

[X] Girl

[X] Girl

[X] Girl
[X] People do what you ask them. This can occasionally be annoying, and has led to your mother scolding you on the rare occasion you tell someone to get lost or some such.

[X] Girl

[X] You know things... Pretty much everything you're asked, to be honest. This frustrates your schoolteachers to no end, given you never bother studying or any such rot

[X] Boy
- 4: Selias, Malcolmo, RLDX, hunter09

[X] Girl
- 14: Pipeman, Redon, Alexander, NobleMalice, Biigoh, notgreat, ShadowAngelBeta, Makahl, Jiven, Random832, Ephemeral_Dreamer, Nekraa, theweepingman, Emral282

[X] Boy Girl Both Neither Yes.
- 1: Guardian Box

[X] Yes
- 1: Chibi-Reaper

[X] Boy, Girl, Herm, Neither? It just sounds like a fancy Roleplay thing...
- 1: Master Basher

- 12: Pipeman, Redon, Alexander, NobleMalice, RLDX, Biigoh, notgreat, Makahl, Jiven, Ephemeral_Dreamer, Nekraa, theweepingman

- 2: ShadowAngelBeta, Random832

- 4: Selias, Malcolmo, Guardian Box, hunter09

[X] You have the power to open doors. This can range from a mild convenience useful for tricking people into banging their faces into things, to assisting in the vacation plans of the Eldritch members of your extended family.
- 2: Chibi-Reaper, Emral282

[X] Your apparently a 'living Shrodinger's Cat', whatever that is. But being Everywhere and Nowhere, Yes, No and Mu. And by extention, Both Alive and Dead, yet neither at the same time, has it's benefits... Though you do have to wear a hat all the time, you don't know why however... And all those concepts are kinda confusing to you.
- 1: Master Basher

[X] Yes.

[X] You have the power to open doors. This can range from a mild convenience useful for tricking people into banging their faces into things, to assisting in the vacation plans of the Eldritch members of your extended family.

[X] Girl

[X] Girl

[X] Girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back