• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Feudal Quest

@DarkLight:

I'm heavily opposed to your plan as some of what you said makes Dominic short sighted, paranoid, an ass hole. He's generally a good guy and has a stat of Charm 4. You're plan would be counter to this so I rather have the earlier plans implemented instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
staplesdex2 said:
@DarkLight:

I'm heavily opposed to your plan as some of what you said makes Dominic short sighted, paranoid, an ass hole. He's generally a good guy and has a stat of Charm 4. You're plan would be counter to this so I rather have the earlier plans implemented instead.
Please, when you say such thing, explain what plan in particular you are opposed to (DarkLight's plan here was "be nice to the Chosen but be aware they can't be here when your aunt arrive"), what in that plan you are opposed to, as well as why you believe it's a bad plan.

Not "it's paranoid" for example, but "I believe that our Aunt wouldn't have a problem with Chosen being in our castle when she arrives as there is no reason for Dita to be correct".

Arkeus said:
Please, when you say such thing, explain what plan in particular you are opposed to (DarkLight's plan here was "be nice to the Chosen but be aware they can't be here when your aunt arrive"), what in that plan you are opposed to, as well as why you believe it's a bad plan.

Not "it's paranoid" for example, but "I believe that our Aunt wouldn't have a problem with Chosen being in our castle when she arrives as there is no reason for Dita to be correct".
Couldn't reply because I was on the phone.

What Darklight proposed and my opinions:
- On Nikolai: No opinion on this.
- On Ezti: Kidnapping her is just bound to burn down friendships with her and would run counter to the Charm 4 Dominic has so opposed to this.
- On Atalaya: Killing her monster is the best bet but I also want her dead just to take care of any lose ends and soon after taking care of said monster with her.
- On Kat: if we do get her grimoire and dangle it in front of her, Dark makes Dominic sound like a dick if that were to happen but that's just my opinion. I'd rather make it sound like it would be enticing enough that it wouldn't hurt us in the long run.
- On the Chosen: Don't know how long they'll stay so they might leave and having Dominic's grandfather after him sounds paranoid and I'd rather Dominic know more to prepare accordingly

These are my opinions. If I missed anything then I have no opinion on it. But I still rather stick to the plans before Darklight's proposal as it is already solid enough for me.

Adyen said:
Wait, killing vampires in Anahola? Isn't this significant?

It turns out that they've been helping the crusaders fight evil there for the last several months. Emma has all sorts of entertaining stories she'll tell over diner, although you're not entirely sure if you believe them. One the one hand she's obviously got some superhuman enhancements, but on the other she's clearly the sort of person who exaggerates their accomplishments to look cool.

She has met your uncle, oddly enough. She describes him as 'that devious asshole that helped pin down the Shadow Covenant so we could kill them'.

staplesdex2 said:
When training in a specific magic, does training in two different specific sorceries at the same time count as one action turn or training in one type of magic is only one major action per turn and the second type of magic is another? By this I mean Dominic trains in both fire and water magic at the same time it counts as one major action or not?

A training action can only improve one thing. If you have several things you want to work on you have to spend an action in each of them.

fitzgerald said:
@ShaperV

Did we purchase arms/armor and a mount for Dita as her birthday gift?

You bought her a nice bow, which is the only weapon she was especially proficient with at the time.

Getting her any armor better than soft leather is going to be a custom job you'll have to order several weeks in advance, since she's built rather different than a typical soldier. You'd also want to investigate how much encumbrance affects her mobility talents - you probably don't want to put her in plate armor if the weight slows her down to human levels, for example.

Arkeus said:
Why do you believe Rogatica will die soon? He should be only a handful of years older than us considering he got his Barony recently and has since eyed Ezti for a wife- you got to marry quick in order to secure heirs.

Correct. Baron Rogatica is in his early twenties.

Arkeus said:
I thought it was for Atalaya? Does this mean we can get the chosen to help for multiple threats? That would be nice

Dita: "Well, yes, but I didn't want to say that in the middle of the courtyard. I don't think anyone would warn the crazy bitch, but why take chances?"

Emma: "Sounds like we've got ourselves a target-rich environment here. Think you can talk with the boss about letting me stick around for the fights?"

Dita: "Um, what? I mean, I guess I could try, but why would she listen to me?"

Emma: "Well she sure as shit doesn't listen when I talk to her, so it's worth a try. Otherwise I have to run to Zarand and gank some vamps, or I'm going to keep seeing what happens to their victims every night."

Inga: "I will stay as long as you need me, Dita."

Dita: "Thanks. I guess we get to kill all the evil, then."

Arkeus said:
Anyway:So mini-adventures can be counted a minor actions, good. Does this mean that we can replace []Atalaya with []Deal with Haunts and Atalaya? After all, those three sounds like minor actions time-wise, but added up together should make for a full project.

Yes, you can do that.

Arkeus said:
If that's how it works, i think i will switch my vote to that for Dominic, and Dita can accompany us on those with the Chosen. For the Atalaya part, we'll probably want to bring a lot of soldiers, a earth golem, etc. Striking with overwhelming force and all that. The rest can be done with only a small bad of solider and Dita/Chosen.

Kat says she needs her grimoire back (or to spend a year+ reconstructing it) before she can build any golems. But she does have an earth elemental on call, and she can put temprary wards on people to protect them from Atalaya's magic.

Arkeus said:
Also, we have chosen calling Dita 'Priestess', and we are particularly interested in all the possibilities our cousin could grow into. We should ask the chosen:
*What the roles of their priestess normally is, and what are the capabilities that are attributed to them.

Inga: "Priestess? Voice of the Goddess to mortals, voice of mortals to the Goddess. Pick targets. Prioritize. Authorize downtime. Wards and blessings. Special dispensations."

Emma: "Great, she's doing it again. Sometimes I really worry about you, Inga. Ok, um, translating from Cryptic Weirdo, I think she's saying a priestes is supposed to kind of sit between us and the constant visions the Goddess sends us of shit that needs to get done, and figure out who does what. Wait, Inga, is that why we never get any fucking time off?"

Inga nods. "Always evil to fight. Inovia too distant to judge what to stop, what to ignore, when to rest. Humans must decide. Part of our test."

"But... then why don't we have any fucking priestesses?" Emma growls.

"Demons killed them all," Inga says sadly.

"Lovely," Dita sighs. "As if I don't have enough problems. Is there some easy way for them to find me, Inga?"

"You were a candle in the dark. Now you are a torch. If your power grows you will become a beacon. A torch can be seen for a mile or two, but a beacon? Hundreds of miles."

Dita sighs. "Guess I'd better talk to Kat about detection wards."

"Yes," Inga says simply.

Arkeus said:
*We should ask them if they know anything about Light Sorcery, especially any offensive use, and if they know whether the Wyld Gifts of our cousin can be powered further through magic, or even trained up. And if so, how.

After a fairly long conversation with Inga on that topic you're pretty sure you have a handle on that. Inga thinks Dita is essentially half-angel, and she actually has two related sorceries that she's been using together because she didn't know any better: Light Sorcery and Holy Sorcery. The holy aspect can easily be used as an attack against undead, demons and other unholy creatures, and can potentially be used to heal or bless humans and other natural creatures. Inga has no idea what light magic would be good for, other than the obvious.

Dita's other gifts resemble the powers that Chosen are given, but hers are innate and run on her own personal magic instead of drawing directly on Inovia's power. Inga thinks they'll tend to get stronger as Dita ages, earns XP and raises her sorcery levels, but this is probably going to be a slow process.

Arkeus said:
We really do need a stealthy character for espionage, and i am actually thinking of training Dita up that way for a bit, as it's a thing that will mesh very well with her proclaimed goals.

Yes, her talents are really well suited to it.

Arkeus said:
Also, her ability to see in the dark, parkour/etc would work really well there. I wouldn't be suprised if Light Sorcery enabled her to become invisible, too.

Yes, Dita's been hoping to pull that one off for years. So far it seems to be out of her reach, but it would make sense for something like that to be a pretty advanced spell.

Arkeus said:
Kat is severely hampered by having only the one project per month. I wouldn't be surprised if she is lying to use about her mother, but nor would i be surprised if she actually has a second project every month: []Befriend Dominic's retainers.

That's starting to look suspiciously plausible, yes. You'll note that she's also picked up a couple of actions worth of training time somewhere. But then again, maybe she gets to count time spent building things as training time for the skills she's using? Or maybe she somehow managed to make her first month in your keep count as an adventure?

However it works, she's certainly being a lot more productive than you'd expect from a normal person.

Arkeus said:
A combination of Fire/Light and Kat's wizardry to purify it might work.

Yes. Kat wouldn't want to try purifying a haunt on her own, but she can design a ritual to let you and Dita contribute your Fire and Light power to the attempt. That should be enough power to do the job.

Well. Dita is apparently the only living priestess of Inovia currently.

That's gonna be Fun to deal with down the line.

Anyway, why not ask Dita to see if she can get Emma assigned here as well. Two is Far better than one, when it comes to gods blessed champions, and honestly, I want to see if Dita really Can speak to Inovia. Yes, she managed to get the Chosen, but she should ask for Emma to stay and help here as well, if only so she can get a few days of down time to heal and eat up.

I fell the need to point out, it is Entirely possible for all the Chosen to make there way to Dita soon, if only because as the only Priestess, she's the only one able to give them some measure of peace, and direct them to the greatest threats.

... We're gonna end up with a church of some sort to Inovia in our area somewhere, aren't we?

I'm fine with a hosting keep as well. A second barracks should be okay.
I'm still in favor of Ezti and strictly against acting against her.

ShaperV said:
Cosmetic uses may actually turn out to be relatively easy for your brand of sorcery, which would be a very unusual talent. It looks like fertility control for men would be a different project than fertility control for women, so you'd need to decide which one to work on.

I want fertility control for men, that's nothing we should give out of our hands.

Cosmetic use is quite easy? Does that include forming Chesna a saner cup size and boost flatter girls in that regard? Sounds as if you have healing scars and such in mind with that answer, not that I'd complain if I got that wrong...

[X] Respectful. They are killing creatures of darkness and deserve our respect. You're not too sure you want Dita to turn out like that though.

@ Darklight
What's the reasoning for the minor action requesting a female retainer from our mother? That feels random to me, and I'm not sure I see how it'll do us much good. Dita doesn't want that kind of training, we don't have any particular use for it personally (new clothes? Why?), and retainers cost quite a bit of money, so we should only be getting one with productive us. Also, does our mother even have retainers, or is everyone our father's? In any case, I'd really like an explanation of that.

The reasons I'm wanting such a retainer are for entirely productive reasons.

Ladies of noble holding produced its cloth and clothing, ensuring that sufficient herbs and spices were gathered and properly stored, and were likely the ones providing any basic medical care.

Its purely a practical request.

Put in context Dominic is asking for someone to ensure that he's kept in linens, clothing, and other items beyond that of a backwoods peasant.

That's starting to look suspiciously plausible, yes. You'll note that she's also picked up a couple of actions worth of training time somewhere. But then again, maybe she gets to count time spent building things as training time for the skills she's using? Or maybe she somehow managed to make her first month in your keep count as an adventure?

Well Kat. It seems you are a big ball of surprise/trouble, aren't you?

"You were a candle in the dark. Now you are a torch. If your power grows you will become a beacon. A torch can be seen for a mile or two, but a beacon? Hundreds of miles."

Welp. We better start looking into anti-demon defenses where-ever we put Dita. Maybe get Emma and Inga stationed here to protect her (until she can protect herself)?

Actually... Isn't that going to make it impossible for her to go into India without being a huge beacon to everything there before she learns how to suppress it?

Correct. Baron Rogatica is in his early twenties.

Huh. I think I'm mixing up my barons.

However it works, she's certainly being a lot more productive than you'd expect from a normal person.

I just assumed Kat was plowing an action a month into recreating her grimoire which was put down as a penalty to Wizarding -2 for 2 years

fitzgerald said:
I just assumed Kat was plowing an action a month into recreating her grimoire which was put down as a penalty to Wizarding -2 for 2 years

Actually... if she was, it's possible that she actually has 3 actions per month.

Just to clarify how many actions can a character actually have again?

staplesdex2 said:
Just to clarify how many actions can a character actually have again?

Normal NPCs get one action. Really exceptionally capable people will sometimes get two. Your PC gets three, which is probably the upper limit.

First, this new info about Dita means that, on one side, she has two sorceries and sorcery enhance her physical gifts. On the other hand, she needs to train two separate sorceries.

Secondly, this priestess bit means that we have the opportunity of having a unique position with Iniova as well as having constant contacts and help from Chosen. It comes at the risk of angering our grandfather, but as long as we present it as a political and military gain i think we can make it accept it. So, huh, i am saying i think we should try to get Dita to always have different Chosen get downtime at our place- we'll have to see how much 'downtime' each Chosen can realistically have, but they really seem to need it.

And, as said, it will grant unique opportunities.

Given that Atalaya probably has access to a demon, this means that she can probably detect Dita now- she'll probably be prepared when we arrive, and Dominic must be aware of that.

Well, changing a bit my previous Turn planning because of the info we got. Anything has anything to say about it? I am mostly pressing for getting rid of Atalaya and the haunts now so that we can activate our regency magic, getting to test if Kat can do more work, as well as having Jaroslaw leading the rangers against the beastmen so that we don't have a repeat of last turn:

[X]Friendly

Dominic
[X] Visit Pisch with Aunt Garvilla to finalize Chesna's debut in Capital and hash out future marriage
[X] Training Dita in Swordmanship and trying to get her to open up and convince her that she will always have a place as our ally or even be safe here as our retainer.
[X] Kill Atalaya alongside Dita & Chosen, cleanse both haunts,ask a little ritual if help from Kat

Dita
[X] Train - Swordsmanship with Dominic
[X] Help kill the witch and cleanse haunts alongside Chosen & Dominic

Sir Bialis
[X] Train Troops - Spearmen

Jaroslaw
[X] Train Archers: Discipline.

Katiana Nevyana
[X]Help with the Haunts and magic protection for Atalaya.
[X]Also Continue granary project: Dominic is suspicious about her ability to do more work. The priority is on the Haunts and magical protection from Atalaya, though.

Traian
[X] Help Kat construct the Granary, given he can't learn Merchant on his own.

Men at arms
[X] 7 accompany Dominic, 8 Garrison Corzu keep

Archers
[X] Train Discipline

Rangers
[X] Patrol Roads
Minor Actions:

-> Pass Chesna 100 SP to acquire Kat's goods from Baron Timis
-> Equip the Chosen properly
-> Write a letter to our father accepting his offer for a seneschal.
-> In Eztergrom find a reputable book merchant and establish that you are interested in purchasing books on Roman engineering and armies, along with books on India and the Middle East.

As for the keep design, we have a lot of charm- it should be designed for hosting.

EDIT:
Switched out Jaroslaw to training archers in discipline, and Rangers to patrolling roads. Might switch again if i hear an idea that i find good and not merely acceptable.

I'd prefer if we didn't spam action lists until I know whether the mini event is over or not, so I'll wait to post mine. But there's a number of things I don't like about yours as it stands. Like hunting the beastmen again for one.

Thomasfoolery said:
I'd prefer if we didn't spam action lists until I know whether the mini event is over or not, so I'll wait to post mine. But there's a number of things I don't like about yours as it stands. Like hunting the beastmen again for one.
This is probably the thing i am the least pleased with in my list, so i am totally open to suggestion there :)

And yeah, i guess we can wait a bit before spamming those, but i really didn't want my old list to still be 'active', as some things there were woefully out of date.

EDIT:

@ThomasFoolery: what do you suggest instead- do a normal training action with rangers and Joraslaw, and then attack the beastmen next turn with overwhelming force? I guess given the new influx of men it could make sense to do that, too.

Thomasfoolery said:

It's done for now. I'll continue the interaction with the Chosen next turn, along with whatever combination of monster hunting you end up voting to involve them in.

ShaperV said:
It's done for now. I'll continue the interaction with the Chosen next turn, along with whatever combination of monster hunting you end up voting to involve them in.

Alright cool.

Here's my list then, it's pretty similar to all the others, especially Arkeus's, but I've a few differences, mainly some minor actions, Traian working on merchant (ShaperV mentioned it was possible), and the rangers not hunting the beastmen this turn, as I think we should just wait and hit them in force next turn.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also recruit another unit of archers, as I think they'll be useful to round out our force, and we should be able to afford them easily enough based on what ShaperV mentioned about barter.

Dominic
Major actions
1) Visit Pisch with Aunt Garvilla to finalize Chesna's debut in Capital and hash out future marriage
2) Training with Dita in Swordsmanship, establishing trust
3) Kill Atalaya (Ensure the proper forms are followed if feasible) alongside Dita & Chosen, cleanse both haunts, ask a little ritual if help from Kat

Minor Action
1) Pass Chesna 100 SP to acquire Kat's goods from Baron Timis
2) Write a letter to our father accepting his offer for a seneschal.
3) In Eztergrom find a reputable book merchant and establish that you are interested in purchasing books on Roman engineering and armies, along with books on India and the Middle East.
4) Procure the services of a suitable candidate to teach Traian Merchant for a fair price.
5) Equip the Chosen properly
6) If any free time remains spend it getting to know Kat better

Dita
1) Training: Swordsmanship
2) Help kill the witch and cleanse haunts alongside Chosen & Dominic

Kat
1) Be asked to help for the Haunts and magic protection for Atalaya.
2?) Continue Granary if time permits

Sir Bialis
1) Train Spearmen: Skill

Jaroslaw
1) Recruit Troops: Archers

Traian
1) Train merchant with the tutor provided, road survey if no tutor is found

Men at arms
1) 7 accompany Dominic, 8 Garrison Corzu keep

Spearman
1) Train: Skill

Archers
1) 12 Garrison, 8 accompany Dominic

Rangers
1) Recover from injuries

Thomasfoolery said:
Here's my list then, it's pretty similar to all the others, especially Arkeus's, but I've a few differences, mainly some minor actions, Traian working on merchant (ShaperV mentioned it was possible), and the rangers not hunting the beastmen this turn, as I think we should just wait and hit them in force next turn.
Ah, you want to use a minor action to geta merchant tutor for Traian. I am a bit worried it may strap us for time, but it actually will probably work, so that's cool. Getting the rangers to recuperate makes sense, too.

Not so sure about hiring more archers though, we will soon get into a position where we don't have enough leaders for our troops, and our troops are too green to promote their own leaders. I guess we can hire experienced Knights/Rangers, but i am a bit wary of unknown getting into important positions like that.

Arkeus said:
Ah, you want to use a minor action to geta merchant tutor for Traian. I am a bit worried it may strap us for time, but it actually will probably work, so that's cool. Getting the rangers to recuperate makes sense, too.

Not so sure about hiring more archers though, we will soon get into a position where we don't have enough leaders for our troops, and our troops are too green to promote their own leaders. I guess we can hire experienced Knights/Rangers, but i am a bit wary of unknown getting into important positions like that.

Well it's not as if we need one leader for every twenty troops, look at the 60 spearmen, in general if we need to send all of them into a risky situation we'll probably have Bialis leading all of them, and Jaroslaw will probably be doing similar for the 40 archers.

*delurking*
DarkLight140 said:
Comments on recent items.
*snip*
1) Pavel acquiring tracts of land elsewhere is as much a responsibility as a benefit, assuming Chesna is your choice.
Given that it was land previously claimed by Dark Forces, marital ties mean that Pavel could get himself in over his head and it then becomes your responsibility to bail him out.
Given his evidently poor eye for personnel(see Nikolai) and yen for adventure, that is something to keep in mind.

2)There were always too many people here for an assassination ploy to work, especially somewhere we're new to.
And giving a necromancer leverage over you was always a bad idea; of course she'd take out insurance, because witches don't get old by being stupid.
And in a world where gods and their agents are active, too high a risk.
Especially as your cousin is one of said agents.

3)In a neo-feudal world, your reputation is literally worth more than gold.
Starting out by betraying someone who trusts you creates a handicap you will labor under for the rest of your days.
Even Rogatica wouldn't trust you.
And the gods help you if he died and left Ezti as regent in charge of their joined fiefs.

4)As per Inovia's girls, we'll see.
It might be entirely feasible to keep them out of sight, at least until we sound out exactly what kind of person Gavrilla is.
But even without that, we are justified in having them here, given the fact that we do have known haunts to clear out, and a possible witch.
I expect Kat might be more of an issue.

5)Of course Kat is trouble, as is Dita; they both have their own goals, which can conflict with ours.
But as far as we've seen she is not malicious, and has negotiated in good faith.
Building contacts in a strange land is just good sense when you escape first literal rape and then mind-rape by the skin of your teeth and your father's bequest.
I mean, it's not like there are many other people for her to associate with.

Concerning her only having one Action:
Keeping some abilities in reserve is also prudent; I expect she's spending half her available time on trying to recreate a grimoire, seeing as she says she's crippled without one, and she has no assurance that we're willing to expend a substantial portion of our budget( her salary for 3 1/2 years) on recovering it.
As is, the status on the front page says she'll be spending up to two years recreating it.
And a woman never tells you all her secrets anyway, especially when you're only her employer.

And as for her being rich, I'm not surprised; problem is, acquiring resources was as much a matter of reputation as money in rural areas.
There are things no one will sell you if you don't know the right people, and with a baron out for her head, well.....

And I remember seeing people say stuff about Kat and birth control.
While I agree with figuring out a way to handle it ourself on general principles, I see the suspicion as unnecessary paranoia.
If she's considering wooing Dom herself, messing around with his mistresses' birth control creates possible future problems.
And even if she wasn't interested, messing with the birth control might create her another enemy in a region where there's already a baron out for her head.
She isn't stupid.

6)As for Chesna trying for the books, we need to measure what risk there is if things go south.
How much possible blowback is there?
Would Chesna be at risk?

Thomasfoolery said:
Two points:
I would suggest that Atalya get a trial, even if a summary one.
Even the Ordo Malleus IRL used to either give a trial or extract a confession before burning witches.
And it reassures peasants to see justice done.

And as for a female retainer, noblewomen do not get passed around to unmarried male nobles as retainers.
Note how Chesna's mom needed reassurance of Eztil's presence before she would even let her go with you.
The only reason I can see a noblewoman coming to backwoods Corfu is if she had her eye on Dom as well.
Or was a spy.
Or both.

You have a surfeit of female employees who used to run their own households; among other things, they'd learn to spin their own wool and flax.
Have some of them make clothes for you and your retainers; odds are some have the skill, or are willing to learn.
Fancy clothes can be tailored in Eztsgrom.

uju32 said:
Two points:
Even the Ordo Malleus IRL used to either give a trial or extract a confession before burning witches.

And as for a female retainer, noblewomen do not get passed around to unmarried male nobles as retainers.
Note how Chesna's mom needed reassurance of Eztil's presence before she would even let her go with you.
The only reason I can see a noblewoman coming to backwoods Corfu is if she had her eye on Dom as well.
Or was a spy.
Or both.

You have a surfeit of female employees who used to run their own households; among other things, they'd learn to spin their own wool and flax.
Have some of them make clothes for you and your retainers; odds are some have the skill, or are willing to learn.
Fancy clothes can be tailored in Eztsgrom.

Well, a trial depends on her coming quietly, but sure I can add that in, Also that's at least two people who don't seem to like the retainer idea so since I don't care much about it one way or the other I'll go ahead and remove it.

Thomasfoolery said:
Well, a trial depends on her coming quietly, but sure I can add that in, Also that's at least two people who don't seem to like the retainer idea so since I don't care much about it one way or the other I'll go ahead and remove it.
Actually doesn't, just on your taking her alive.
Same way bandits get a trial before hanging, if they get taken alive.
Even if it is a summary trial, right there where they were captured.

Now, if your parents knew a middle-aged or elderly noble/middle-class lady, widow or some such, who was willing to relocate?
She could run your household, assuming you trusted her.
It doesn't have to be a male, given that there is no requirement that your household manager be a fighting man.

@ ShaperV

Is each Haunt its own separate action / adventure?

fitzgerald said:
@ ShaperV

Is each Haunt its own separate action / adventure?
He answered that earlier in this page.

ShaperV said:
Quote from: Arkeus on March 04, 2014, 03:46:38 AM

Anyway:So mini-adventures can be counted a minor actions, good. Does this mean that we can replace []Atalaya with []Deal with Haunts and Atalaya? After all, those three sounds like minor actions time-wise, but added up together should make for a full project.

Yes, you can do that.

Arkeus said:
It comes at the risk of angering our grandfather, but as long as we present it as a political and military gain i think we can make it accept it.
What angering of grandfather? Just properly explaining priestess bit (ONLY priestess at that) would make him happy that he just dodged each and every chosen going for his head in case of something stupid. Because it's very different just from simple blessing. I doubt he got in his place by missing such "minor" clues. Yes, church of Inovia is weak on the large scale... but not that weak.

@ ShaperV
What could've been results of such conflict btw?

Something about my plan for this month just seems boring. Apart from going to Pischia and the adventure, everything else is pretty much finishing things – training, construction – that we've already started. I guess that has to happen every so often, though. It's almost entirely the same as other people's plans, but if anyone wants my particular reasoning on anything, just ask. If there are problems with it, say so.

Dominic
[X] Meet Gavrilla and Lala at Castle Pisch.
[X] Train Dita in Swordsmanship.
[X] Combined Adventure: Slaying Atalaya's Demon//Purifying Haunts with Dita and the Chosen.

Minor Actions
Furnish Chesna with the required funds to reacquire Katiana's possessions. Accept father's offer to send a seneschal. Equip the Chosen as necessary.

Dita
[X] Train Swordsmanship with Dominic.
[X] Adventure: Slaying Atalaya's Demon//Purifying Haunts with Dominic and the Chosen.

Minor Actions
Purify Katiana as regularly as possible.

Sir Bialis
[X] Train Spearmen (Skill).

Jaroslaw
[X] Recruit Archers.

Traian
[X] Assist Katiana.

Katiana
[X] Magical Construction: Repair the Keep
And because we suspect she can do more:
[X] Magical Construction: Build a Granary

Minor Actions
Provide protection against Atalaya's curses to Dominic, Dita, and the Chosen. Assist with the destruction of Three Bells Tower and the Dark Moon Well.

Military
Men-at-arms
[X] Split unit.
-[X] Eight escort Dominic.
-[X] Seven garrison Corzu Keep.
Archers
[X] Split unit.
-[X] Eight escort Dominic.
-[X] Twelve garrison Corzu Keep.
Spearmen
[X] Train with Sir Bialis.
Rangers
[X] Patrol roads.

Edited military actions

It looks like everyone pretty much agrees on the big actions for the turn, but suggestions for what to have your troops do are all over the map. I think every plan goes in a different direction so far. I'd suggest you guys see if you can find something to agree on, or I may have to roll dice or something to pick a plan.

uju32 said:
Fuck no. Kill her dead. She is a magic user, and we have no idea what kind of tricks she could have up her sleeve. She is guilty as hell. They had "trials" because it was totally safe. If there was a real risk that a guilty witch would be all "Yeah, you caught me." and start using dark magic to fuck shit up, then they would not do so.
Capturing her is far more dangerous than just going in and killing her.

Unless people have decided they're never going to recruit any more archers I really suggest they drop the training action for them and pick up a recruitment, as it's very wasteful time wise to train the archers if you plan to ever recruit another unit.

As for the rangers as long as we don't send them after the beastmen I don't mind all that much if they patrol the roads, though I think letting them recover from their injuries makes more sense honestly.

I also think it's quite wasteful not to have Traian train merchant, putting him on the granary just sounds pointless in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back