• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

I don't know if this political or not, but there is an ongoing demonstration happening in Indonesia this week. And I found it funny that there are a lot of Weeb joining, I understand that they're unsatisfied with the govt, but why are they bringing up the fact that they're Weeb while demonstrating? Here some pictures

'we Weeb are also anxious'
jogja-memanggil-2_43.jpeg

Left 'I'm a Weeb need to join demonstration meaning the country in danger'
Right & middle 'why do you join the demonstration? Because Himmel the hero would do the same!'
images

I think at times, the Japanese whilst starting to censor ahead of time for "global standards" they forget everybody outside the West and actually most of the people inside the West itself, TBH

Well, when most of your contacts are a bunch of corpos in California, you get tunnel vision

I'd like to ask if anyone here has written a story yet of a universe you hated and then wrote yourself or by proxy of bashing it.

I think you're mixing up the GS with the Pitbull, mate.
I've never seen any trouble with GSD's, in public or private, other than their tendency to shed fur excessively and hip problems.
In fact, working dogs are notorious for their relatively even temperament, as are certain hunting breeds, particularly pointers.
Shepards are still one of the most dangerous breeds. Third highest after Pit Bulls and Mixed Breeds.

That they still remain fairly disciplined and safe to their owners is why they're preferably to Pitbulls. Not to mention how they're quite intelligent.

Shepards are still one of the most dangerous breeds. Third highest after Pit Bulls and Mixed Breeds.

That they still remain fairly disciplined and safe to their owners is why they're preferably to Pitbulls. Not to mention how they're quite intelligent.
An important caveat is that that article is specifically in terms of highest quantity of attacks in America. German Shepards being a pretty popular breed raises the quantity.

Some breeds have a ton of aggression potential but just plain aren't common in America, so they won't show up in that particular article. If not many of a breed exists, not many attacks by it will happen.

As an example, you do not want an Akita thinking you're invading it's home, but you aren't likely to see one outside Japan.

Last edited:
Just got word that my uncle died. Combo of being immunocompromised by chemotherapy and an infection.

Last time I talked to him was almost a year ago when he called me because a scammer called him trying to impersonate me saying he needed bail money Western Unioned to North Dakota of all fucking places.

I didn't even know he had cancer, apparently that was new since January.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this on fanfiction.net, but I and a few of my friends have been getting AI generated scam messages from supposed 'artists' that want to illustrate the fics we write for a 'fee'.

Figured I'd share this here to spread the word of warning.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this on fanfiction.net, but I and a few of my friends have been getting AI generated scam messages from supposed 'artists' that want to illustrate the fics we write for a 'fee'.

Figured I'd share this here to spread the word of warning.
Huh, last I had heard, the scam of note on FFN was "publishing offers".

I've started listening to the Robert Monroe hemi-synch astral projection meditation tapes on youtube.

If you plan to try it out, you're going to need headphones, as it's apparently important that certain sounds from the tapes reach one ear but not the other.

Sadly, I have not learned to astro project. I have, however, learned how to identify when I'm dreaming, how to identify noises originating from outside of the dream, and how to wake up on demand if I hear something from outside the dream that I need to deal with. Although I'm not sure if that's from the training or due to the long youtube commercials that come on when I actually fall asleep during the sessions just being that obnoxious.

... Man, it's weird how just a little bit of context can completely flip your perceptions.

There's this bar, like, a block from my house. Yes, said bar is also in a swamp.

They hold a lot of outdoor events there. Including, this moment, music. What are they celebrating? Don't know, don't care. But I can hear the music from here.

Anyway, I was listening for a little bit thinking 'you know, for karaoke, this isn't that bad...'

Until I realized it wasn't karaoke, it was an actual live band. At which point I'm over here like 'these guys fucking suck' just like that.

... Man, it's weird how just a little bit of context can completely flip your perceptions.

There's this bar, like, a block from my house. Yes, said bar is also in a swamp.

They hold a lot of outdoor events there. Including, this moment, music. What are they celebrating? Don't know, don't care. But I can hear the music from here.

Anyway, I was listening for a little bit thinking 'you know, for karaoke, this isn't that bad...'

Until I realized it wasn't karaoke, it was an actual live band. At which point I'm over here like 'these guys fucking suck' just like that.
vRtvbXBa.png

Reminds me of a video from the youtube channel How To Drink... he was doing blind tastings of various canned cocktails and talked about how expectations can colour experiences, with an anecdote about how at a Christmas party at a friends place he'd had a bite of what he thought was a really bad cheesecake... until he was told it was key lime pie, and he decided it was delicious.

Reminds me of a video from the youtube channel How To Drink... he was doing blind tastings of various canned cocktails and talked about how expectations can colour experiences, with an anecdote about how at a Christmas party at a friends place he'd had a bite of what he thought was a really bad cheesecake... until he was told it was key lime pie, and he decided it was delicious.
"This is either the greatest amateur performance I have ever heard... or the worst professional performance I have ever heard."

Yeah, there is a big difference between good karaoke and a good band.

Tell ya what though, I've had more fun at a good karaoke night than I have at a live band performance when at a bar. Something about the audience participation can, on a good night, create a great atmosphere.

A guy repackaged the cheapest supermarket wine into a fancy bottle and label, made up a bullshit story about its origins, entered it into the world's most prestigious wine tasting competition and won gold.

A guy repackaged the cheapest supermarket wine into a fancy bottle and label, made up a bullshit story about its origins, entered it into the world's most prestigious wine tasting competition and won gold.
Wine snobs haven't recovered since.
Good thing they're closeted alcoholics because they'd be on permanent suicide watch.

I try using Speechify to use up my vast book collection, but I have such a hard time following

Either the books aren't written that well or the artificial voices just fail to keep my attention even though I like Johnny Silverhand/Keanu Reeves narrating some cyberpunk eldritch short stories

Reminds me of that competition where the frogs consistently favored californian wine over french.

...Until Pax posted and I saw the quote I thought you meant they were testing wine on actual frogs. For hours.
Not as absurd as you'd believe. Some meals apparently involve drowning the animal in wine.
French cuisine should be illegal. I have no idea how those frogs brainwashed the world into thinking it's the highest of haute cuisine.

But then again, French culture being overestimated by artsy idiots is just one of those inevitably repeated mistakes of history, like invading Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back