• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

French cuisine should be illegal. I have no idea how those frogs brainwashed the world into thinking it's the highest of haute cuisine.

But then again, French culture being overestimated by artsy idiots is just one of those inevitably repeated mistakes of history, like invading Russia.
I can explain this, the French king spent money hand over fist to invite people to salons to come and eat and enjoy his hospitality. the impression of french food as high culture isn't about the quality of the food it was about the money being thrown around.

I can explain this, the French king spent money hand over fist to invite people to salons to come and eat and enjoy his hospitality. the impression of french food as high culture isn't about the quality of the food it was about the money being thrown around.
This is why I have a love hate relationship with the House of Capet.

I head the british culinary knowledge base mostly imploded when they were bombed and had to stay in bunkers.
So that's why British food has it's reputation.

Other places, maybe, but here in the Midwest USA, French cooking has never really been popular or seen as particularly high end. Ask people here to name any French food and they'll probably come back with either a bread, dessert, or some form of coffee that also counts as a dessert.

Italian is seen as high end around here. And also low end. And just about everything in the middle. You literally cannot go wrong with Italian dishes in this region.

Or American spins on Italian dishes like pizza. Pizza is basically its own food group. And if you say otherwise anywhere near Chicago, your chances of getting shot double.

Meanwhile, Mexican food is almost exclusively seen as lowbrow and German middle-of-the-road.

And if you're feeling adventurous, there's probably an Asian restaurant you can go to.

Mind you, this is the perception in the Midwest. How that compares to elsewhere and/or objective reality is a different topic.

At least, for food. Alcohol is... pretty close to the same. Except that Russia gets a place at the table.

Pizza remains its own food group.

Last edited:
Other places, maybe, but here in the Midwest USA, French cooking has never really been popular or seen as particularly high end. Ask people here to name any French food and they'll probably come back with either a bread, dessert, or some form of coffee that also counts as a dessert.

Italian is seen as high end around here. And also low end. And just about everything in the middle. You literally cannot go wrong with Italian dishes in this region.

Or American spins on Italian dishes like pizza. Pizza is basically its own food group. And if you say otherwise anywhere near Chicago, your chances of getting shot double.

Meanwhile, Mexican food is almost exclusively seen as lowbrow and German middle-of-the-road.

And if you're feeling adventurous, there's probably an Asian restaurant you can go to.

Mind you, this is the perception in the Midwest. How that compares to elsewhere and/or objective reality is a different topic.

At least, for food. Alcohol is... pretty close to the same. Except that Russia gets a place at the table.

Pizza remains its own food group.
Well the reason most people stateside don't think of russian food is because the majority of the staples are all german foods you see this a lot in the midwest with the methodists, and other protestant homesteader populations that proliferated in the 19th century so its all common fare

French cuisine should be illegal. I have no idea how those frogs brainwashed the world into thinking it's the highest of haute cuisine.

But then again, French culture being overestimated by artsy idiots is just one of those inevitably repeated mistakes of history, like invading Russia.
Of all your many, MANY stupid takes, this is the one that actually baited me.

Anyways, ignoring this unfathomable stupidity:

KALI'S GUIDE TO JERKING OFF:

I'm going to be teaching y'all how to make Jamaican jerk chicken.

You will need:

1 large yellow onion
2 whole bunches of scallions
2-6 Scotch Bonnet peppers depending on your heat tolerance
6-12 cloves of garlic
1 large Anaheim pepper
1/4 cup Soy sauce (or browning liquid if you can find it)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons allspice
2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
4 teaspoons ground thyme
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon rough ground black peppercorn
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Pinch of salt
The juice AND ZEST of 4 limes

Combine all the above ingredients in a high power blender and blend until there are basically zero chunks, you want it as liquid as humanly possible.
Pull out 1/2-1 cup of the liquid for a pan sauce and another 2 tablespoons for the rice BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR RAW CHICKEN IN IT, the rest goes into a large bowl with 4-6 chicken thighs or 6-8 drumsticks (SKIN ON BONE IN ONLY FOR EITHER) and massage the marinade into every nook and cranny.
Cover said bowl with plastic wrap down to wherever the liquid is, so there isn't any air bubbles, then put in the fridge for at least 8 hours but ideally a full day to marinate.
The next day, fire up your grill to medium high heat and cook the chicken, occasionally brushing on more of the marinade when you flip them. Cook to internal 160 then pull out to rest and come up to 165. Serve with diagonally cut slices of scallion and the sauce.

For sides, we're going to do a nice and easy white rice, for which you need:

1 package of shiitake mushrooms
2-4 cups of long grain white rice, ideally basmati
3-6 cups of chicken stock depending on your amount of rice
One whole bunch of cilantro
2 limes
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon powdered garlic
1 tablespoon cooking oil of your choice
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon roughly ground black peppercorn

For the rice:

First, sear your mushrooms over medium heat until they are significantly smaller. Pull them out and set them aside for a minute. WASH AND RINSE YOUR FUCKING RICE UNTIL THE WATER RUNS CLEAR. Then, pour the oil into your pot/rice cooker/instapot/etc and toast your rice for 30 seconds. When it smells nice, pour your liquid in along with the mushrooms and everything else EXCEPT THE CILANTRO AND LIME JUICE. Cook your rice however you cook your rice, and when the rice is done and you are fluffing it, finely mince your cilantro, squeeze your lime juice, and grate a little lime zest into your cilantro as well. Stir that thoroughly into the rice.

For the sauce and garnish, you will need:

The 1/2-1 cup of marinade you set aside
Butter
Chicken stock
1 whole shallot, finely diced
1 whole shallot, very thinly julienned
2 tablespoons Salt
2 tablespoons Pepper
1 tablespoon MSG
1 cup Rice vinegar
1 cup Water
1 shot Jamaican overproof rum of your choice

For the sauce:

Blend the remaining marinade again for as long as you possibly can, then pass it through a sieve so there are ZERO PARTICLES IN IT. Pour this strained marinade into a pot over low and add a glug of chicken stock and your finely diced shallot. Reduce to half, then add a shot of rum, light it on fire and manage the pot until the liquor is totally cooked off. Add butter, reduce and combine further until you have a nice glossy pan sauce.

For the garnish:

Combine all the ingredients besides the shallot, stir heavily and bring to a bare simmer. When the mixture is just barely bubbling, pull it off the heat and throw your julienned shallot strips into the quick pickling mixture and let it sit and pickle for at least 30 minutes (the shallot should be a pretty bright pink), then drain and set off to the side.

For serving:

Plate up your rice and pour some pan sauce into it, mix thoroughly and then shape your rice however you like. Sprinkle your quick pickled shallot over top. Chicken goes to the side with more of the pan sauce over it, and you are ready to serve. Ideally, you'd want to have this with a spiced rum.

Now you too can aggressively scream "BOMBACLAAAAT!"

Last edited:
Actually, on that note, do we have a thread for sports discussion? CFB is BACK and I've got some shit to talk.

And then they all turned gay.

('Funny' little factoid- that's real).

It's not, mostly. Or, at least, the chemical blamed for it doesn't actually have that affect. There is a chemical that does have a similar effect, but it just messes with the endocrine system and causes frogs to randomly change sex to, IIRC, female.

It's not, mostly. Or, at least, the chemical blamed for it doesn't actually have that affect. There is a chemical that does have a similar effect, but it just messes with the endocrine system and causes frogs to randomly change sex to, IIRC, female.
What chemical was he blaming? I thought it was that pesticide.

And there are a couple that do it- one's the pesticide, the other is birth control, yes.

And in both cases, while some become female, others become 'feminized males' that then proceed to court other feminized males.

So, while obvious hyperbole for effect was obvious and hyperbolic, there's more than a small grain of truth in there.

What chemical was he blaming? I thought it was that pesticide.

And there are a couple that do it- one's the pesticide, the other is birth control, yes.

And in both cases, while some become female, others become 'feminized males' that then proceed to court other feminized males.

So, while obvious hyperbole for effect was obvious and hyperbolic, there's more than a small grain of truth in there.
An herbicide, atrazine. It's... probably one of the safest ones out there for humans too, requiring excessively high doses to cause any problems in either humans or rats.

An herbicide, atrazine. It's... probably one of the safest ones out there for humans too, requiring excessively high doses to cause any problems in either humans or rats.
Ah, right.

And, yeah, it does bad things to amphibians and some fish.

That specific study is falsified.

How does one write under the post? Like how you put "anemone demonstrates why doubling things gets out of control very, very fast."

Or the Andoriol quote

This is a question for anyone willing to answer btw

How does one write under the post? Like how you put "anemone demonstrates why doubling things gets out of control very, very fast."

Or the Andoriol quote

This is a question for anyone willing to answer btw

It's called a signature. To make one, click your username at the top of the page and click "signature" in the dropdown

Well, it did serve to remind me.

That specific study is falsified.

Citation Needed.

I've looked, and while I can find a few saying that the 'conspiracy theory that it is altering human behavior' is debunked (which was never a topic of the conversation here), none call into question its impact upon frogs.

Well, it did serve to remind me.

Citation Needed.

I've looked, and while I can find a few saying that the 'conspiracy theory that it is altering human behavior' is debunked (which was never a topic of the conversation here), none call into question its impact upon frogs.
... Well, I had it.

But the youtube channel that had the studies linked has been entirely removed from youtube. So I can't find it again. Found plenty of studies saying it increases snail populations though! Which... is certainly interesting.

Living alone, I sometimes do things just for the hell of it.

Today I had pinto beans, 2 hard boiled eggs, a dill pickle, and a beer for dinner.

This experiment has lead to horrifying results. I hope my neighbors don't think a sewer line has burst.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back