• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Hmm, I'm a little bored so I'm going to ask a random question. Who do you find to be your 'best girl'?

*flops onto chat*

... So a question that has been bothering (Confusing actually) me since Rein got feedback on/that Rein was writing moe character(s)...

"What is Moe?"
The bartender from the Simpsons. :V

In seriousness, I hear conflicting accounts, and have never properly looked into it, But I think it is something like a certain quality of adorableness, more specifically, a form of cuteness that inspires predominantly protective feelings in you. In some cases this is explicitly contrasted with sex appeal, and painted as being an entirely non-sexual form of cuteness/attraction, and yet I have run accross it several times in a sexual context so I cannot be certain of that.

Hmm, I'm a little bored so I'm going to ask a random question. Who do you find to be your 'best girl'?
Undyne, probably.

She's so endearingly over the top and passionate about everything, and is more than willing to fight for what is right even if it costs her her life. And then some.

In seriousness, I hear conflicting accounts, and have never properly looked into it, But I think it is something like a certain quality of adorableness, more specifically, a form of cuteness that inspires predominantly protective feelings in you. In some cases this is explicitly contrasted with sex appeal, and painted as being an entirely non-sexual form of cuteness/attraction, and yet I have run accross it several times in a sexual context so I cannot be certain of that.

*head tilt* How does that translate to writing though?

*head tilt* How does that translate to writing though?
I'm not sure that I understand the question. I don't think Moe is an explicitly visual quality, so if your characters have qualities that afe communicated gextually, which inspire that odd mix of aesthetic appeeciation and protectiveness in the reader, then they mihy be said to be moe.

(Also, I forgot to mention: I think some people use "moe" interchangeably with "cute".)

Bayonetta
I mean I'm not that into girls but to quote something
tumblr_m9w9uk7RnC1rezavlo4_250.gif

proxy.php

Nightmare Frontier cleared, Amygdala's waaaaaay to easy.

Now I believe it's time for the Forbidden Woods, unfortunately.

Lemme put it this way, Az.

You're going through at more than double the recommended level. At level 50 or so, it give me significant issues.

Lemme put it this way, Az.

You're going through at more than double the recommended level. At level 50 or so, it give me significant issues.
His moveset is really simple and easy to dodge though...

I mean, it probably would've taken more (than one) attempts if I had less health and did less damage, but I just found him simple to beat.

Found the Shadows, I hate this place.

My first instinct is to say "Amaterasu" from Okami. She IS a female Goddess, but she manifests in the body of a Male Wolf so...

Hmm...I guess I'll say True Non-Clone Original Sakura from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle

His moveset is really simple and easy to dodge though...

I mean, it probably would've taken more (than one) attempts if I had less health and did less damage, but I just found him simple to beat.

Found the Shadows, I hate this place.
Just. Wait.

Cursed Amygdala. Chalice Dungeons. He roadblocked me so much that I ended up starting a new character.

Hmm, is it wrong that I ship Midna (Either form) with Wolf Link?

Hmm, is it wrong that I ship Midna (Either form) with Wolf Link?

Probably not, Midna and Link are the only Legend of Zelda pairing that I find remotely tolerable. They have very good chemistry together, verses the fact that Link and Zelda, despite almost always suffering from official couple, usually spend roughly ten minutes in each others presence, and often at the very end of the game to boot.

Probably not, Midna and Link are the only Legend of Zelda pairing that I find remotely tolerable. They have very good chemistry together, verses the fact that Link and Zelda, despite almost always suffering from official couple, usually spend roughly ten minutes in each others presence, and often at the very end of the game to boot.

I always found Midna/Link to end up more as a Bash Siblings type relationship in Twilight Princess, possibly due to the fact that Midna shows no actual Love Interest qualities until the very end where she vamps hard as she's going through the portal.

Ilia is what I consider the true "Love Interest" of TP. Childhood Friend, the entire game (barring the last 1/6th of the game or so) is a heroic Journey to find her/restore her memories, and well...First Girl Wins. It's a Trope for a reason.

Zelda doesn't even ping the Love Interest Radar in TP. She's just a Royal Figure that has a bit of Story Significance.

I always found Midna/Link to end up more as a Bash Siblings type relationship in Twilight Princess, possibly due to the fact that Midna shows no actual Love Interest qualities until the very end where she vamps hard as she's going through the portal.

Ilia is what I consider the true "Love Interest" of TP. Childhood Friend, the entire game (barring the last 1/6th of the game or so) is a heroic Journey to find her/restore her memories, and well...First Girl Wins. It's a Trope for a reason.

Zelda doesn't even ping the Love Interest Radar in TP. She's just a Royal Figure that has a bit of Story Significance.
Honestly, I'm one of those bastards who considers Link forever alone, so Midna is the closest thing to a love interest I'd consider him having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back