• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

I'm wondering if there's a way it works here or if throwing stuff at the wall is the preference.
I mean, this site isn't exactly formatted for that variant of CYOA...

Quests on this site tend to run in the format of "Author writes scene, offers votes, players vote on what they want, author writes next scene."

Some writers go with really restrictive vote blocks, where voters will be limited to exactly what's offered, no write-ins, others (including myself) go to the other extreme where we have few, if any, restrictions and the players build the entire next-action stack on their own.

Most choose something between those extremes.

I mean, this site isn't exactly formatted for that variant of CYOA...

Quests on this site tend to run in the format of "Author writes scene, offers votes, players vote on what they want, author writes next scene."

Some writers go with really restrictive vote blocks, where voters will be limited to exactly what's offered, no write-ins, others (including myself) go to the other extreme where we have few, if any, restrictions and the players build the entire next-action stack on their own.

Most choose something between those extremes.
Obviously I wouldn't do it like the old days, I've read a few quests to know its not done like those old angelfire websites. But it gets me thinking how (structurally, not plot-wise) I wanna do it.

Some of you guys throw in dice rolls, and I probably won't, for example.

Some of you guys throw in dice rolls, and I probably won't, for example.
Oh, well that's not uncommon. Personally, I like the dice. But I've always loved the great procedurally generated games' ability to make a plot from RNG.

Dwarf Fortress, as always, being the god of that particular set of trope conventions.

Oh, well that's not uncommon. Personally, I like the dice. But I've always loved the great procedurally generated games' ability to make a plot from RNG.

Dwarf Fortress, as always, being the god of that particular set of trope conventions.
Yeah, it can be neat. But I feel like I'm more of a Choice of Games model, if there's stats they won't be based on rolls.

Hi, I am GamerGirl81, and this is the first post I've made on this site. I was recommended this site by a friend and I am happy to say it doesn't disappoint in the slightest.

Heya Gamer, glad to see you're stalking me all the way out here too. :p Lol but seriously, it's good to see you from Elliquiy. :D I really need to start writing there again...

Yo M8. Which fics did you read if any? You found a new fetish from this site yet?

Dude, she only just got here, give her time to look around. :p

Yes. Yes, you do! I think a few of our characters are languishing over there *lol*

Lol yes yes I know...it didn't help I couldn't see for so long though. Thankfully I got my cataract surgery done a couple months ago and my eyes have all but healed by now I'd wager so hopefully I'll be able to make an eventual return. :D

Howdy! I'm new around here but I'm friendly so don't be shocked to see me pop around!

I will destroy you.

Cute-Kitten-kittens-16123796-1280-800.jpg

With adorable images of cats. Welcome to QQ.

I keep getting caught off guard by any cultural media that happened after 1979. This cannot do.

Whenever I get a slack, I'm going to try catch up with all this tabletop gaming and video game stuff.

I keep getting caught off guard by any cultural media that happened after 1979. This cannot do.

Whenever I get a slack, I'm going to try catch up with all this tabletop gaming and video game stuff.

Lemme know if you need any help! I love both of those subjects

Fandoms in a nutshell. So true it hurts ... for those who participate in fandoms.

You can't include/exclude normies if you aren't part of the fandom! :V
Tell me about it. It's basically online gentrification. Misfits of society make up a community with a "bad" reputation, get marginalized and shunned, and then they become big enough that the ones who shunned and mocked them suddenly want in. And now they will be shoved out again, because the outsiders are not part of their culture but outnumber them.

It's something SW fans are intimately familiar with nowadays. Our franchise, that we kept afloat with our money and love, got bought up and then the new masters chased us to appeal to the masses. And we are the ones who got demonized for it.

Ajin... fuck if I ever start writing seriously. I'm gonna use that manga as a standard for my action scenes. Fuck is that manga a fun read.

Is it wrong to chastise people for having a different world view then yours?

Is it wrong to chastise people for having a different world view then yours?
If it is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

Just be sure you know what you're doing, first.

And in your case, specifically... I sincerely don't think you do. You waffle back and forth a lot, and get hyper emotional, and let said emotions dictate your behavior in some distinctly non-constructive and even borderline self-destructive ways.

To paraphrase a wiser man than myself: you need to clean your own room, first.

And to paraphrase a more entertaining man: you can't even run your own life, I'll be damned if you run mine.

I just want to let you know that one day... there's gonna be someone that registers an account on the forum, posts stories... and he only replies with the word "blocked". And he's very literal about that, he blocks everyone that tries to talk to him.

What if... he's already here. Lurking among us. constantly rewriting his rough drafts over and over again.

Shitfire. I'm filled with existential suspicion just by thinking about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back