• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

A neighbor moved in with a giant German Shepherd. I really want to pet it, but I'm pretty sure that would cost me a couple more fingers than I'm prepared to lose. Being as I am a complete coward, that means all I can do is admire the damned pup from a distance.

Being a dog lover is suffering.

A neighbor moved in with a giant German Shepherd. I really want to pet it, but I'm pretty sure that would cost me a couple more fingers than I'm prepared to lose. Being as I am a complete coward, that means all I can do is admire the damned pup from a distance.

Being a dog lover is suffering.

Ask the owner if they're okay with you petting the dog. Approach slowly from the front with your open hand down for the dog to sniff. Then pet. Most reasonably trained dogs will sniff and lick if they're up for being friendly. If they growl or snarl, then stop approaching.

Have you tried asking your neighbour if petting the doggo is okay?
Dog owners always say that the dog is harmless, even if it's a snarling monster that's visibly trying to murder everyone around it.

One of my great aunts literally did the same thing with her pitbull. The beast ended up mauling a neighbor's leg and had to be put down.

Ask the owner if they're okay with you petting the dog. Approach slowly from the front with your open hand down for the dog to sniff. Then pet. Most reasonably trained dogs will sniff and lick if they're up for being friendly. If they growl or snarl, then stop approaching.
Only to be tried when it's securely tied up, right? Because once again, it's a German Sheperd. They're big dogs.

Only to be tried when it's securely tied up, right? Because once again, it's a German Sheperd. They're big dogs.

Nope, unless they're an excitable breed you get much better results if they're not tied up. And a German shepherd is usually fairly chill when not many people are around.

You need to see if they're growling or aggressive for yourself. Certainly don't approach when the owner isn't around. Territorial dogs shouldn't be approached on their own territory if you are not in the relaxed company of someone they are familiar with.

Dog owners always say that the dog is harmless, even if it's a snarling monster that's visibly trying to murder everyone around it.

One of my great aunts literally did the same thing with her pitbull. The beast ended up mauling a neighbor's leg and had to be put down.

GSDs aint that big, they are properly medium sized working dogs, Bullmastiffs are big dogs, Anatolian shepherds are big dogs, Great Danes, as the name implies are big dogs. /pedantic american aside. GSD, if you live in an apartment maybe that sounds big and certainly being cautious, but the more important question you need to ask is

How well do you know your neighbor, if the answer is enough to trust what they say, then yeah, what might consider is acclimating to the dog slowly if the dog gets used to you he'll probably let you pet him on his own.

I need to get my shit together. I took a look into my cabinet, which holds the majority of the food in my home, and realized this ain't gonna cut it

image.png

I need to start cooking again, because this is hell on my blood pressure.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread for this or if there's a Rants thread that'd work better, but my cat died suddenly this morning. And when I say suddenly, I mean fed him breakfast, he tried to gulp it down like a greedy little fuck, then half an hour later minutes later I found him in the laundry room wheezing out his last little breaths. He didn't even last long enough for me to get him to the emergency vet. He was an old cat, but I thought he'd be around for at least a few more years. Then out of nowhere, he's just… not.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this or if there's a Rants thread that'd work better, but my cat died suddenly this morning. And when I say suddenly, I mean fed him breakfast, he tried to gulp it down like a greedy little fuck, then half an hour later minutes later I found him in the laundry room wheezing out his last little breaths. He didn't even last long enough for me to get him to the emergency vet. He was an old cat, but I thought he'd be around for at least a few more years. Then out of nowhere, he's just… not.

"Died while loved and well fed" is pretty much as good as it gets.

It sounds like your cat had a good life.

Condolences.

I am sorry
I know that you loved him
Please have my condolences

Did he... did he choke to death on the food? Jesus, I'm sorry, man. At least you were with him.

Damn, a lot of people losing pets this month. Sorry man.

I don't think so. I checked for blockages, and the wheezing wasn't anything like a choking cat. The vet said the symptoms I was describing sound like his heart just gave out.
I see. I can't imagine how guilty I'd feel if my pet died because they choked on the food I just served them.

Speaking of dogs, I love Siberian Huskies, but I always feel terrible whenever I see one living here in Texas.

It's too hot for the poor things, which also makes it hard for them to get the exercise they need.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. That's fucking brutal. You have all my sympathy.

The vet said the symptoms I was describing sound like his heart just gave out.
That's... common, as cats go. The most common natural cause of death. Not much that can be done about it, other than making sure their quality of life is good enough to give them as long as they're going to get.

And, honestly, if yours was healthy enough to eat that morning, then he lived about as good a life as a cat is going to live.

Thanks for all the kind words and wishes. I'm still not doing great - the little guy was my baby - but I'm not feeling quite so awful. Which probably means the ball hasn't really dropped yet, but hey, I'll take what respite I can get.

Say it with me: Robocop in Night City.

I'm sick and can't sleep, so I decided to watch a zombie apocalypse movie. I wanted to watch one I hadn't seen before though.

So I searched, and I have apparently seen every zombie apocalypse movie that's in English or has English subtitles.

Achievement Unlocked?

I guess I'll play a videogame...

I'm sick and can't sleep, so I decided to watch a zombie apocalypse movie. I wanted to watch one I hadn't seen before though.

So I searched, and I have apparently seen every zombie apocalypse movie that's in English or has English subtitles.

Achievement Unlocked?

I guess I'll play a videogame...
Well, you might qualify as a genre expert then, eh?

Seriously, that is quite impressive. Like, every movie there is, or only the ones on your Backlog/Library?

Hey good news everyone... well for the males... for the biological creatures with the meat stick that goes into fun-time holes.

Harvard says that wanking at least 21 times a month lowers your chance for prostate cancer. i don't know if you get anything for being an overachiever but at least if your significant other complains you can now use this as a legitimate health reason on why you gotta pump one out.

Wank to avoid cancer, Harvard says so.

Hey good news everyone... well for the males... for the biological creatures with the meat stick that goes into fun-time holes.

Harvard says that wanking at least 21 times a month lowers your chance for prostate cancer. i don't know if you get anything for being an overachiever but at least if your significant other complains you can now use this as a legitimate health reason on why you gotta pump one out.

Wank to avoid cancer, Harvard says so.
Damn, man, I need to really up my wanking. Because I don't want to get cancer, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back