• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

In the last days of his life my grandfather seemed to forget I was his grandson, and lots of other things for that matter since he'd had a stroke, and because of that he told me the last story he'd ever tell; the story of how he got the clap from a cheap hooker during shore leave during the war. (He'd have never told this story before because he saw all his grandkids as kids no matter how old we got)
After that rather appalling story he gave me this sage advice "Better to jerk off than pay for a cheap whore. If you ain't got money for good pussy, just jerk it." <except it sounded slurred because of the stroke>

In the last days of his life my grandfather seemed to forget I was his grandson, and lots of other things for that matter since he'd had a stroke, and because of that he told me the last story he'd ever tell; the story of how he got the clap from a cheap hooker during shore leave during the war. (He'd have never told this story before because he saw all his grandkids as kids no matter how old we got)
After that rather appalling story he gave me this sage advice "Better to jerk off than pay for a cheap whore. If you ain't got money for good pussy, just jerk it." <except it sounded slurred because of the stroke>

I never talked to my grandfather before he died….mostly because he gave himself lung cancer from many years of smoking and ruined his voice

No. He didn't get married until after the war. By then he'd had the full course of antibiotics and all that.
Oh, not that bad then.

Why? I just live here.

Anyway, try taking a look at the shared histories in that supercontinent. You might learn something.
Other than all of them being settled by European colonial powers from the 16th century onwards, nothing. But I did learn about a war where 90% of the male population got killed, one that started over a football match, a dictator who slaughtered black dogs because he thought his opponent had used magic to turn himself into one, the black comedy that is Argentine economic history, and how the Texan army won their war of independence because the Mexican army literally dozed off in the middle of a major war and got slaughtered in their sleep.

And now I'm hooked. Thanks for sending me down this rabbit hole.

I had a real helluva time fucking around with this one old guy that was trying to bum some lunch out of me today. Long story short: I ended up impersonating a spanish foreigner who couldn't speak a lick of English. It didn't even take a minute before he gave me that flat stare with lips pushed into a flat line before he walked away with a drunken swagger. I cannot stop giggling about it.​

Accidentally used my username that I use for everything w/o thinking, want to delete my account so it doesnt show up.
Also, per the rules of QQ, total account deletions are not done. They would have the potential to upheave threads with massive amounts of information, and disrupt other things. While individual posts can be altered or deleted (the latter needing a reason, though generally lenient in practice), trying to erase everything won't really work.

On the plus side, if you simply want to change your username or anything in your profile, it should alter those details everywhere in the website, so that it will seem as if you were always posting with your current username. At least, I think that's how it works.

It really is shocking how bad they are, isn't it?
Bismarck said:
I am firmly convinced that Spain is the strongest country of the world. Century after century trying to destroy herself and still no success.

They really peaked when they conquered the New World. After that it was the Spanish Armada, hyperinflation, and centuries of decay and humiliation. They even lost to the native Americans in Chile!

Holy shit, you can actually change your username on xenforos sites?! I thought because the whole thing was held together by duct tape, spit, a string, and prayers, this just wasn't possible!
Yeah, that's pretty cool, but I would never use that. I feel like I've established a brand, y'know?

You can change your name by going to your account details page: https://forum.questionablequesting.com/account/ . Next to your name should be a 'change' link. Follow that and you can change your name to what you desire.
Holy shit, you can actually change your username on xenforos sites?! I thought because the whole thing was held together by duct tape, spit, a string, and prayers, this just wasn't possible!
Was QQ a "Xenoforo 1" website before migrating its underlying structure to Xenoforo 2? Or was it on a different website framework?

I listen to Voices of The Past and some other YouTube historians, I feel kinda guilty that I am not reading it all instead

These days, I think I have an increase in ADHD or similar, so I can barely focus on reading anymore in part because I keep looking for those books wherein I can easily binge them really really really fast

I only got two writers who I could easily binge

Larry Correia and Christopher G Nuttall, I have no idea how come it's so easy to understand and read everything from them really really fast and get engaged

When writing is it possible to use the word before too much?
There aren't a lot of words that don't get redundant fast. Even 'the' can wear out its welcome over time.

I'd suggest better planning and to run a cntrl+f to find words you know are problems for you to do some edits.

Don't forget to search for LY while you're there. Kill as many adverbs as you can. Much like salt, they are unavoidable, but that doesn't mean you can't curb the worst of it.

I listen to Voices of The Past and some other YouTube historians, I feel kinda guilty that I am not reading it all instead
I'd say it sounds like you're making the perfect the enemy of the good, but that'd imply paper books are superior to videos instead of different. Don't feel guilty about picking what works for your brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back