• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Real books written by professional authors have a tendency to usually be of a higher quality and a higher reading level than wish fulfillment slop written by horny retards like myself and everyone else here. They are also much more likely to go into concepts that require deliberation and reflection. The whole point of this is that you need to stop "binging" in the first place. Take your time, and actually engage actively with what you're doing. Speedrunning is gay and lame in all aspects, but especially when you do it with actually important things in life.

These numbers are completely meaningless without the exercise. 210 for how many reps, and for which movement?

I have no idea if NoFap is helpful for you. Give it a try; if it helps then sure, keep doing that I guess. For me, it doesn't particularly help focus, though I'm sure there are other possible benefits.

I guess I keep having stupidly high expectations of myself, mostly because after all my years of study with a tiger mom increasing my stress all the way till the end of college and my family's attempts at "teaching me business" I have almost zero actual skills

So I want to compensate, even by at least having read thousands of books….i have actually started reading less since I tried making it a goal to read so much ironically

Mostly involving core exercises whilst rotating on other aspects, my mood and health have actually increased. But I sure AF can't try to be a runner or do fast walks like my friend tried getting me to do, I just mainly do weight lifting now.

I really wish I had a better way to get instant critique, I hired a tutor, even with my cash, still feels like not enough and not frequent enough. I want to do self critique better, entirely on my own, without depending on others too much because other people at times on things like online barely ever respond.

I guess I keep having stupidly high expectations of myself, mostly because after all my years of study with a tiger mom increasing my stress all the way till the end of college and my family's attempts at "teaching me business" I have almost zero actual skills
Therapy.

So I want to compensate, even by at least having read thousands of books….i have actually started reading less since I tried making it a goal to read so much ironically
Reading a bazillion books is completely and utterly meaningless as an accomplishment if you take nothing from them. That's literally just wasting time and tiring your eyes for no reason. You have to engage actively and deliberately with the media that you consume if you want to get anything out of it beyond just consumption for consumption's sake.

Mostly involving core exercises whilst rotating on other aspects, my mood and health have actually increased. But I sure AF can't try to be a runner or do fast walks like my friend tried getting me to do, I just mainly do weight lifting now.
That's great! I love weightlifting. You should keep that up, and track your lifts every week so you can see how you've progressed in strength and endurance. You don't need to be a runner by any means, but some steady-state cardio will help you out a lot on your lifts. I would recommend doing just 15-20 minutes on a treadmill set to the highest incline. You don't need to run or even jog, just a decent walking pace on an incline will keep your heart rate high and get you some great cardio. Also, just as a useful little aside, it absolutely melts calories so it's great for weight loss as well.

I really wish I had a better way to get instant critique, I hired a tutor, even with my cash, still feels like not enough and not frequent enough. I want to do self critique better, entirely on my own, without depending on others too much because other people at times on things like online barely ever respond.
Perhaps, it may be in your best interests to not create a first draft and instantly send it out to be critiqued. You may learn something about yourself and your writing habits by making a first draft, not touching it for a day, and then coming back to it with fresh eyes to make your own edits. After doing this a few times, at least until the point that you don't totally hate what you've jotted down, THEN you send it off to somebody to read and critique.

Perhaps, it may be in your best interests to not create a first draft and instantly send it out to be critiqued. You may learn something about yourself and your writing habits by making a first draft, not touching it for a day, and then coming back to it with fresh eyes to make your own edits. After doing this a few times, at least until the point that you don't totally hate what you've jotted down, THEN you send it off to somebody to read and critique.

Well, as my art tutor said, better to focus on one particularly good draft rather than a bunch of them, or something

Since I am willing to take like an hour on a single piece with help, may as well start doing it with self help

"Taurus" lives in my head rent-free, whenever someone starts complaining about how terrible their life is, usually over and over.

Also a friend of mine made a Naruto AMV of this song years and years and years ago. I've still got it, but I'm not sure where you'd find it on the 'net these days, if it hasn't vanished entirely.

Is it wrong that I am using the toilet twice a day?

Been able to take a dump more than once, early morning, since I started doing workouts more frequently, hell i mostly just take 1-2 meals, lunch and usually a relatively light dinner of yolkless omelette and whatever fish/meat I got

My own concern is that I am walking up 3-4am more often, this means there's something wrong? My shoulders look like they're getting closer to my neck

Is it wrong that I am using the toilet twice a day?

Been able to take a dump more than once, early morning, since I started doing workouts more frequently, hell i mostly just take 1-2 meals, lunch and usually a relatively light dinner of yolkless omelette and whatever fish/meat I got

My own concern is that I am walking up 3-4am more often, this means there's something wrong? My shoulders look like they're getting closer to my neck
Is it a recent development ? With a very active liver it wouldn't be very abnormal.

If you didn't change your alimentation and therés no new stress source, that's a bit weird, yeah.

I think I can adapt a bit, I'll try to make use of my very early mornings for something

I managed to get to really practicing art again, so may as well try that, when I really get rolling I keep on going

Anyone know stuff about guns?

Was this made just because it's bitchin' or what?

Pistola-doble-ca%C3%B1on-450x339.jpg

Depending on how you look at it, it was either made because it was bitchin', or it was made to circumvent several major gun laws.

Most notably, the laws against high power and/or armor piercing ammunition.

Now, I'm sure you're wondering, how does this do that? Well, the thing about most second chance armor is that it is second chance armor.

It will (probably) eat one hit of standard (civilian-legal) ammunition up to 9mm*, at the cost of the integrity of everywhere within a foot or so of impact. Any other bullets that hit that area will (probably) penetrate.

*As opposed to 50cal rounds, which don't even need to pierce the armor to kill you.

Very few people have the accuracy to hit the same point twice. This gun? Does it for you. And since the two bullets run tandem, they'll hit within microseconds of one another, thus effectively doubling the already impressive power of the .45 used by this gun.

An illegal amount of stopping power delivered in a totally legal (if only because nobody thought to criminalize it) manner.

In all other ways? It's a pretty lackluster gun. And only viable because it's effectively two Colt 1911s welded together.

More kick and thus less control (though the 1911 is a masterpiece, so it can afford it), and both ejecting and reloading the clip is a mess that'll cost you precious seconds compared to standard clips.

Also, the standard firearm maintenance routine is more of a pain, and I wouldn't expect it to keep the 1911's reliability over the long term.

Last edited:
Depending on how you look at it, it was either made because it was bitchin', or it was made to circumvent several major gun laws.
Now that is an informative reply! Also, a pretty evil way it could be used.

I looked into this a little further and the person who innovated this particular design, Vivian Mueller, apparently makes fancy custom guns for a living. So the original concept was probably come up with because it's bitchin rather than an evil plan to overcome body armor.

Pistola-doble-ca%C3%B1on-450x339.jpg

Now, I'm sure you're wondering, how does this do that? Well, the thing about most second chance armor is that it is second chance armor.

It will (probably) eat one hit of standard (civilian-legal) ammunition up to 9mm*, at the cost of the integrity of everywhere within a foot or so of impact. Any other bullets that hit that area will (probably) penetrate.

*As opposed to 50cal rounds, which don't even need to pierce the armor to kill you.

Very few people have the accuracy to hit the same point twice. This gun? Does it for you. And since the two bullets run tandem, they'll hit within microseconds of one another, thus effectively doubling the already impressive power of the .45 used by this gun.

An illegal amount of stopping power delivered in a totally legal (if only because nobody thought to criminalize it) manner.

In all other ways? It's a pretty lackluster gun. And only viable because it's effectively two Colt 1911s welded together.

More kick and thus less control (though the 1911 is a masterpiece, so it can afford it), and both ejecting and reloading the clip is a mess that'll cost you precious seconds compared to standard clips.

Also, the standard firearm maintenance routine is more of a pain, and I wouldn't expect it to keep the 1911's reliability over the long term.

I feel like this is correct only in theory. In practice, unless you're less than five feet away from the target... the bullets aren't going to hit the same place. And the accuracy is probably going to be pretty shitty in general. The minuscule differences in powder amount, barrel shape, etc. are going to make them leave the barrel at slightly different times, and the kick means your hand isn't going to be steady between those two times.

Even if they DO travel along the same path, they're not going to be perfectly even, and their wakes will likely seriously fuck with each-other- assuming they don't veer in each-other's direction and bounce off.

Nice idea, only viable as a technical melee weapon, I think. Would be good as a holdout if you were say, killing animals that tend to survive the first bullet and you have to execute them when you get close and realize they aren't dead. But against someone else with a gun, at a distance? Probably useless.

Nice idea, only viable as a technical melee weapon, I think. Would be good as a holdout if you were say, killing animals that tend to survive the first bullet and you have to execute them when you get close and realize they aren't dead. But against someone else with a gun, at a distance? Probably useless.
Another very informative reply! However, the idea was come up with by the same guy who designed this:

image.png

I don't think usefulness was the first thing on his mind.

I feel like this is correct only in theory. In practice, unless you're less than five feet away from the target... the bullets aren't going to hit the same place. And the accuracy is probably going to be pretty shitty in general.
Sorry, you're wrong. Or at least greatly overestimating the impact of those forces in such a short frame of time.

4:45 for the first clear and easily visualized example. Bit more than five feet, I'd say. And the two bullets strike within inches of each other.

There are plenty more there, this guy knows what he's doing.

So looks solid enough in practice. Still, other than 'punch a hole through body armor' or 'look really cool', there's nothing here that the standard 1911 isn't going to do better.

And honestly, the 1911 isn't exactly a bad looking gun regardless.

Last edited:

Basically the first one. Small arms that consist of at least two of the same repeating firearms (independent magazine, chamber, and barrel assembly) slaved either to the same trigger or independent ones have a long pedigree (the first I can remember was Italian and served in WW1)
It's most commonly employed on heavy weapons (e.g. light machine guns and heavier) because the increase in hit probability for two barrels firing at the same time on a handgun or rifle don't outweigh the increase in size, weight, mechanical complexity, and felt recoil. (There were a whole bunch of experiments in USA, USSR, and Israel on multibarreled assault rifles which went nowhere. In USA, there are assorted multibarrel firearms including the above, which remain niche products for the same reason)

There are plenty more there, this guy knows what he's doing.
When he was shooting at the gong it looked like the spread was super variable. Some were pretty far apart and at least one volley was practically touching, side-by-side. With the closer targets it looked pretty side-by-side all the way.

No, there are a couple of points here which are misconstrued for how laws work

45ACP is a relatively slow moving cartridge, therefore its not an armor piercing cartridge the typically european bans on 45 are because its a service cartridge (i.e. was in military use) and most of those infringements have largely been abolished the arsenal like most modern shotguns using two barrels is specifically built for two triggers b ecause shotguns were getting dinged by the strict application of the ATF of the NFA on what a trigger pull is supposed to do even though that was never intended to apply to sporting shotguns at the time it was written it was happenstance (here the triggers are paired together but are mechanically separate entities under the law)

The arsenal was made solely for rule of cool bragging rights of look we made a thing guys aren't we awesome

Last edited:
I never said the .45 ACP was armor-piercing.

In fact, I don't know how anything you said even applies to anything I said.
I was tired, and I misconstrued the second line of the post and then didn't process the sentence that followed it and misunderstood your post as imply that 45acp would somehow runafoul of armor piercing pistol ammunition restrictions via a common misunderstanding of how those laws are written

Fair enough.

Honestly, I don't know much about the laws on firearms in Europe. What with being an American and all. I'm aware Western Europe tends to have far more restrictive gun laws than the USA, and that's about it.

And here, the ammo restrictions are predominately of the 'modified' munitions. Hollow point, steel jackets, and so forth. The ones that greatly ramp up lethality against (possibly armored) human targets.

Here's a hypothetical question, just for the lulz:
Imagine you have a relative, somewhere in her 20s. And she marries a co-worker from a rich family, except said family is from....a certain place in the east that doesn't have high socioeconomic parameters. And he wants to move to another country with her, and she agrees. And then she sends out invitations to the wedding, but everyone has to (unfortunately) refuse - because they had appointments on that day, and you're also supposed to have some stuff to do that day, but you also think you have an obligation to go anyway....

Do you think it would be right of you to go to that wedding? Naturally, not doing that stuff is likely going to disappoint some people who think you should have done otherwise, but you just kinda felt like going to the wedding.

WDYT?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back