• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

So yeah... Some craziness has happened in South Korea.

Ugh.

My one-and-a-half-year-old laptop is currently being serviced (Windows won't update due to problem with partition, bright blotches have developed on the screen). I'm typing this from my seven-year-old laptop that I replaced with the one being serviced, and am constantly being reminded of why I did so (runs slow as all hell compared to the SSD-equipped newer one, OS is critically corrupted, 2 of 3 USB ports are destroyed, battery is shot). And I'm dreading the likely response of "oh hey, we fixed it, but we had to format the C drive" - sure, I've got backups, but reinstalling everything is going to be a pain in the neck. Still, at least I bought the extended warranty, so I shouldn't be out of pocket.

(Also hoping I don't randomly get arrested when I come back to retrieve it. Not likely, but you never know.)
Finally fixed. After four weeks, when they said it'd take at most two. And I still have to actually go in to Bendigo to retrieve it, which is an hour by car each way. :(

Oh, well.

EDIT: Got it back.

Last edited:
You know, they may say that you have to keep trying until you get better at something, but it is definitely difficult to actually apply that. At least as far as writing goes. Hopefully I can be complacent in my consistent mediocrity. >_>

I have developed a mild dislike to Magical girls and to lesser extent Female Protagonist Quest now.
Before you bring out your pitchfork I think they're fine but they just get samey now.
They will always leads to yuri, cuddles and cute things which I like but after reading the same thing happening over and over again on several different quest and fic
It's just so disappointing I guess.
You know, they may say that you have to keep trying until you get better at something, but it is definitely difficult to actually apply that. At least as far as writing goes. Hopefully I can be complacent in my consistent mediocrity. >_>
I'm kinda given up on writing to be honest, didn't have the time or energy to write although I have an idea or two that I think would be good.
Good luck on whatever you do.

I have developed a mild dislike to Magical girls and to lesser extent Female Protagonist Quest now.
Before you bring out your pitchfork I think they're fine but they just get samey now.
They will always leads to yuri, cuddles and cute things which I like but after reading the same thing happening over and over again on several different quest and fic

I'm kinda given up on writing to be honest, didn't have the time or energy to write although I have an idea or two that I think would be good.
Eh, my beef is more on people choosing to be a murderhobo option when it was offered, even if other better offers were there.

Eh, my beef is more on people choosing to be a murderhobo option when it was offered, even if other better offers were there.
Eh this one too. I'm all for gaining power but if that power gets you killed, cost too much (allies, potential allies, enemies allying with each other) or really impractical (eat all the biologist to learn biology!)
Then there are those players who insist going "gray" so they can still be good but can be murderhobo when they really want.
Being a murderhobo is "traditional" in rpgs.
Why exactly? Wouldn't it be boring if you just kill everyone and everything?

Not everyone.
Only monsters.
Few examples:
Orcs.
Goblins.
Tax Collectors.
Dragons.
Demons.
Elves.
But every race have their own entry on Monster Manual no?
emot-v.gif

You also walk into peoples houses and break all their pots
and then loot all their stuff that isn't nailed down.

Try Red Soul by thagguy on SV. It's a Dark Souls/PMMM crossover with Oscar as a father figure, Kyoko as his sort-of adopted daughter, and the guy from DS2 with the cool hat as his daughter's boyfriend that he really doesn't approve of because reasons. The levels of murderhobo are definitely toned down from canon Dark Souls, there is a significant lack of yuri, and cuddling tends to be few and far between.

Do you read Worm fanfics? Its pretty much all Yuri 99.9% of the time.

Do you read Worm fanfics? Its pretty much all Yuri 99.9% of the time.
Yes.
I have dropped few fics because lol suddenly lesbians.
I know it's very petty but I had enough of it for a while at least.
Try Red Soul by thagguy on SV. It's a Dark Souls/PMMM crossover with Oscar as a father figure, Kyoko as his sort-of adopted daughter, and the guy from DS2 with the cool hat as his daughter's boyfriend that he really doesn't approve of because reasons. The levels of murderhobo are definitely toned down from canon Dark Souls, there is a significant lack of yuri, and cuddling tends to be few and far between.
I'll give it a read, thanks for the recommendation

Most recent memorable dreams I had were being a sex slave for Daleks and playing a Slaaneshi cultist in a 40k MMO.

...What kind of dreams do you have?
Well, I don't remember most of them; it's not as if I keep a dream diary. Usually very complicated ones, sometimes more like a story than an experience (the one with Daleks was actually two characters, the Doctor and Master I think, being the Dalek sex slaves; while POV shifted, "I" wasn't really in it).

I had a recurring dream about violently killing things (Sugou Nobuyuki, my mother, bullies at school) for a while, but it seems to have gone away a few months ago.

I...
Uh, honestly, most of my dreams are just having a video game that doesn't exist or some sort of story that I always forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back