• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hereditas Daemonica [Shin Megami Tensei X DxD] (DEAD)

Galeiam said:
^I never got into the Magical Girl troupe despite the fact that I loved Sailor Moon growing up.
That said...even cutting out all the hentai, Magical Girls have become...badasses and horror fuel lately. Say goodbye to friendships beams and say hello to Assasins and tragic backstories.
They need to inject newness. Then later, when people will fed up with Angst, they will go back to "all flowers and friendship".

Anyway. For this story I feel in need of a service: I need someone to draw something that will appear later for me. Scratching that, someone willing to write a very good description of what I want represented. Requirements are:

-Someone familiar with the artwork of Kazuma Kaneko, illustrator of Atlus that worked on SMT Nocturne.
-Someone familiar with Highschool DxD.
-Someone familiar with the Kamen Rider franchise.

(*Familiar means, at least, that you saw a lot of the illustrations used)

During breakfast I decided to feign sleepiness. I kept my eyes half closed and head slightly lowered, making it difficult for Mum and Dad to notice the change in my eyes. It worked, and using the excuse that I don't want to be late I leave without making much conversation.

It will not work forever. I know. Sooner or later they will notice, and I will need an excuse. Mmh, maybe I can lie and say them that, according to a magazine, people with exotic eye color are more likely to get laid?

...The worst thing is that they will probably believe me and then cry because their failure of a son will never give them grandbabies. I am not a very good son, but I can't help it since I'm perverted!

Talking about perverts, Matsuda and Motohama will also wonder about my change. Eh, I will also tell them it's something I read in a fashion magazine. Then I will distract them by bragging about my girl-!

The instant my mind goes back to Yuuma I see red.

"That bitch!"

BAM

Enraged I punch the street wall. But instead of my hand what broke is the wall. Without effort I punched a hole in a solid brick wall.

...What's happening to my body? Scared that someone is going to see me I dash out, and with my great surprise I find out I can now run at incredible speed. If I join the track team, I can easily become the main runner. By the time I arrive at school my breathing hasn't changed at all.

My body is weird.

It might sound like a phrase coming from a weird person if I say it like this, but right now my heart is stirring with excitement. As if I am a different person.

No matter how much I think about it, something is definitely wrong with my body.

Maybe...The events of yesterday may have come out of a horror movie, but maybe something good came from it.

It's unsettling, and I am a little freaked out. But while my mind is in turmoil my body is at ease.

I changed. But how? And why?

Hmm..I'm only familiar with DxD and Kamen Rider Reflections though Sentai armors only change when the genre changes.

Character Sheet

Name: Hyodo Issei
Clan: Fiend
Magatama: Marogareh

Lv: 1
HP: 30 (average human is 10)
MP: 12 (average human is 0)

Strength: 4 (newly reincarnated Rook)
Magic: 3 (stronger than newly reincarnated Pawn, weaker than newly reincarnated Bishop)
Vitality: 4 (newly reincarnated Rook)
Agility: 3 (stronger than newly reincarnated Pawn, weaker than newly reincarnated Knight)
Luck: 3 (average human is 1)

Skills:
Lunge: consume Stamina to deliver a stronger attack
Analyze: judge an enemy's strengths and weakness, gaining an instinctual knowledge of the best way to defeat him
Life Bonus: grant more Stamina
Berserk: consume Stamina and, in exchange for reduced accuracy, delivers a barrage of fast blows to all enemies in range
Counter: gain special reflex, allowing to immediately counter-attack when attacked

----

I am obviously trying to translate the skills to make them work in a fic. Comments?

Beserk should probably also drop Accuracy.

Very good Alex. Issei is starting to realize that he's changed. I wonder what's going to happen once he fully manifests. >:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander said:
Character Sheet

Name: Hyodo Issei
Clan: Fiend
Magatama: Marogareh

Lv: 1
HP: 30 (average human is 10)
MP: 12 (average human is 0)

Strength: 4 (newly reincarnated Rook)
Magic: 3 (stronger than newly reincarnated Pawn, weaker than newly reincarnated Bishop)
Vitality: 4 (newly reincarnated Rook)
Agility: 3 (stronger than newly reincarnated Pawn, weaker than newly reincarnated Knight)
Luck: 3 (average human is 1)

Skills:
Lunge: consume Stamina to deliver a stronger attack
Analyze: judge an enemy's strengths and weakness, gaining an instinctual knowledge of the best way to defeat him
Life Bonus: grant more Stamina
Berserk: consume Stamina and, in exchange for reduced accuracy, delivers a barrage of fast blows to all enemies in range
Counter: gain special reflex, allowing to immediately counter-attack when attacked

----

I am obviously trying to translate the skills to make them work in a fic. Comments?
Man, if that's how strong a newly reincarnated devil is, Issei's going to be amazingly powerful, when he gets to his max level. No wonder everyone is afraid of the Hito-Shura.

Yeah, a newborn Hito-shura is able to punch through steel plates with minimal fuss. But that's for a fully manifested one though, even a restrained newborn like Issei can punch through a brick wall and run quite a ways without tiring as you saw. Also Hito-Shura don't have a max level, they have the infinite potential of a human and the immortality of a demon.

"Look it's Kiba-kun!"

"Good morning Kiba-kun."

I answer the greetings from the girls around me with a smile and a wave of hand. They squeal in delight. Only this is sufficient to make them happy.

I wonder why. I'm quite aware of he romantic intentions some of them have towards me, but I never reciprocated. Shouldn't be clear by now that I am not interested in a relationship? Akeno-san once told me a girl's mind is a mysterious thing. I suppose there is some truth in it.

As I walk through the gate and enter the school's premise-

CHILL

"-!"

An abnormal presence? Killing intent? No, this is demonic power. But a type I never felt before. How strange: only Devils from the Gremory and Sitri Clans should frequent the academy. But this power doesn't seem to belong to either.

I close my eyes and concentrate, trying to expand my measly senses for magic outward.

...There! Now that I know where to concentrate I realize that this unknown demonic power's presence is...a little off? How strange. It's obviously not Light from an Angel or Fallen Angel, but compared to the kind I feel from Buchou and the other it's, how can I say, neutral? Like it doesn't fall completely under the demonic type of aura.

Maybe I am overthinking it. I'm not an expert on demonic power, Akeno-san is. Anyway, the origin of this unfamiliar power, where is it?

I open my eyes and look around. There! Other people keeps their distance from him so I'm relatively sure the source is that brown haired student.

...Hold on, haven't I see him somewhere before?

Yes, that's right: he is one of the members of the infamous "Perverted Trio" I hear many people complaining about. I think his name is Hyodo Issei.

While I am not sure about his name, there are no doubts he wasn't a Devil before but a human. It's obvious someone added him to a Peerage, but who? Buchou or Sitri-san?

During lunch break I don't go straight for the cafeteria. Instead I take a little detour and reach a tree in the courtyard under which I know Buchou and Akeno-san like to sit down and eat their lunches during break.

"Hello Kiba-kun. What bring you here?"

My master greets me as I approach, while Akeno-san rewards with one of her usual smiles.

"Good morning Buchou. Akeno-san." I look around to be sure there aren't other people eavesdropping. "Forgive me for asking, but did you reincarnate someone from the school recently?"

Her eyebrows frown in confusion. "No I haven't. I mean there are some candidates I am considering, but I haven't used any of my Pieces yet. Why do you ask?"

I shrug. "This morning I felt demoniac power coming from a student I am sure was previously human. For some reason I wasn't able to get a clear reading of it, but I deduced it was either you or Sitri-san."

"True. It was probably Sona's doing. Out of curiosity, do you know the student's name?"

"I think his name is Hyodo Issei or something, one of those three people called "Perverte-"

"WHAT!?"

Buchou jumps up, scattering his bento to the ground. Her eyes are alit with fury.

"That's one of those I was considering, the one who probably has a Sacred Gear!" Her features lights up in confusion before hardening in outrage. "Don't tell me-! Sona! How dare you steal what is mine again!!"

She runs off, leaving me and Akeno-san alone.

"...'Again'?" I ask my sempai with a raised eyebrow.

"Ara ara. Fufufu." She covers her lips with a hand and quietly laughs. "You know her and the Student Council President are childhood friends? Sona had the habit of wanting and even stealing Rias' toys. It's that 'kind' of rivalty."

I don't understand.
----

This story will occasionally show the POV of other characters, just to show reactions to Issei's new status. Expect at least one in every chapter.

I arrive at my classroom while making a big sigh, and sit down on my chair.

"Hey, buddy. What's that depressing aura?"

The bald head guy who spoke to me is my buddy number 1, Matsuda. He might look like a sportsman, but he is a pervert who makes sexually harassing comments every day. He was a sports-boy during his time in junior high school where he broke many records, but he's in the Photo-Club now. He is really open about his ambition of wanting to take photos of every part of the girls' bodies through the camera lens.

His nickname is the "Perverted Baldy" and the "Sexual Harassing Paparazzi".

"Fu...the wind sure was strong this morning. Thanks to that, I was able get a good view of the girls' panties."

The guy with the glasses who is trying to act cool is my buddy number 2, Motohama. He has a special ability called "Scouter" that lets him get the numerical values of the girls' measurements through his glasses. Along with a special body where his power level plummets down when he takes his glasses off.

His nickname is the "Perverted Glasses" and the "Three-size Scouter".

These two are my evil buddies. Me? They call me "The Beast."

Normally seeing these two faces in the morning really makes me feel down. But today I am glad. Glad, because they are the same as ever.

"Uoh! Issei, what happened to your eyes? Why are you wearing colored contacts?"

Matsuda asks with an inquisitive glare. Right, how was the lie I wanted to say again?

"Don't you know? Guys with unusual eyes color are more popular with girls. I read it in a magazine. So I decided to give it a try."

"No way! Don't listen to those things! If it was true I would have tried it already."

"That's true. But seriously, what's wrong with you Issei?"

If even Motohama is saying it then my emotions must be very evident on my face. Since when was he so sharp? Well, we have been friends for years: there are only those two who understand me to such degree.

I sigh, folding my hands over my head while leaning forward on the desk. I still can't tell them the truth, but another little lie will work. "It's just...Yuuma-chan broke with me."

"Yuuma who?"

"Since when you are so friendly to a girl that she lets her use her first name?"

"...What?" I raise my head and stare at them.

Nope. They are not smiling. For a moment I consider the possibility that they are just teasing me and doing a good job at it.

But as the school day progresses forward I find out that isn't the case.

I definitely remember introducing Yuuma-chan to them. They said things like "How come a beauty like her is Ise's girlfrieeeeend!?" and "There must be a system error happening in this world... Ise, you haven't done anything illegal, have you?" and kept on making rude comments.

I remember I was getting cocky and said: "You guys should get a girlfriend as well".

I remember that time very clearly. It was just a few days ago after all.

But they don't remember it. No, what they don't even remember is Yuuma. It's as if the girl called Amano Yuuma never existed.

It's as if the time I spent with Yuuma never happened. After a quick check I discovered there are no records of Yuuma's mobile number and mail address in my mobile phone anymore

Was it deleted from the memory? Did someone delete it? That can't be! There's no way I would delete it, so who did!? I called the number that I memorised in my head, but that phone number wasn't currently in use.

It's as if it was all a product of my imagination.

While I am alone in the bath I take out a 5 yen coin and bend it with just my thumb and index finger.

No. It wasn't just a phantasy. What happened yesterday is real. The proof is in front of me. So the only possible answer...is that someone, somehow, removed all traces of Yuuma from the memories of my friends and even my cellphone. It's like a work of magic.

...What I am saying? If angels with black wings exist, then it's definitely possible that magic is real too.

----

"Koneko, are you sure of it?"

"Yes. Not...a Devil. Similar, but different. Also..."

"Also?"

"Dangerous."

School ends. The boring routine of school's classes managed to take my attention off the recent events so my mind is somewhat at ease now. I already decided I will look more deeply into Yuuma's matter. I remember the uniform she was wearing the first time we met, so finding which school it belongs and starting from there should be good for now.

However, my plans are derailed the moment the most unlikely person to show up before me makes its appearance.

"Hi. How are you doing?"

I look at the male student who came to see me through half-lidded eyes. Said guy in front of me is our school's number 1 best looking prince, Kiba Yuuto. He captured the hearts of the girls in the school with this refreshing smile of his. By the way, he's in the same year as me. Though he's from a different class. You can hear girls screaming with joy from the classroom and the corridor.

I will say this beforehand. I hate good looking guys.

I just want to dismiss him rudely, but something in my guts is telling I shouldn't take my attention off him. Like, he's a danger? I slowly turn to look him in the eyes while narrowing mine. "...What business do you have here?"

It turned out way colder than I thought, but Kiba responds without breaking his smile. "I came here by the order of Rias Gremory-senpai."

Rias Gremory? That foreigner girl with beautiful crimson hair and huge oppai that is one year my senior? One of the two "Great Oujo-sama of Kuoh Academy? What is Kiba's relationship with her? And why would she sent him all the way to my class?

"And what, pray tell, is my role in this?"

"Gremory-sempai wishes to discuss your recent change."

—!

With that one statement, I immediately understand why he is here. There is only one thing that count as "change" that happened to my recently. I don't know how he knows-

No. The answer is simple. He must be related to either Raynare or the strange shop-seller. More probably the second one.

His mask actually cracks for a few instants, showing surprise, before he manages to put it back. However now his smile is strained and his body tense.

Curious.

"....Alright. So, what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to follow me."

"NO!!" The girls scream.

"No, for Hyoudou and Kiba-kun to walk besides each other!"

"You will get infected, Kiba-kun!"

"I won't agree with the Kiba-kun×Hyoudou pair!"

"No, maybe it's Hyoudou×Kiba-kun pair!?"

They are saying some weird crap. Shut up. Seriously shut up. "If it gets me out of here, all right."

I agree to follow him. I stand up from my desk and follow Kiba, who is already walking ahead of me.

"H-Hey, Ise!"

Matsuda shouts my name.

"Don't worry, friend. I'm not going to have a fight."

That's right. If luck is on your side, it will all end before a fight can even start.

----

I follow Kiba, and the place we end up at is the back of the school building. In this place, which is surrounded by trees, there is a building called the 'old school building'. Apparently it was used a long time ago, but now there is no sign of people here. It's so creepy that it is listed in one of the "Seven Wonders of Kuoh". The building looks very old and is made from wood, but there aren't any broken windows and it's hard to tell if there are any broken parts from its appearance.

"Buchou is here." Kiba says.

Buchou? Who is he? Or, is he referring to Gremory-sempai? This is getting even more mysterious. Did Senpai belong to a particular club? Does this mean he is part of that club as well?

We enter the two story high building and go up the stairs, further inside. Even the corridor looks clean. It seems like even the rooms that aren't used anymore don't have a single speck dust in them. When you think about old buildings you expect them to be full of insects, spider webs, and dust. But I haven't seen any yet.

While I was thinking about these kinds of things, the two of you reach your destination. Kiba stops in front of a particular classroom, with a sign on the door that read:

[Occult Research Club]

"Occult Research Club!? The school has a club like that?"

Just reading that name makes me wonder. I'm not saying that the club sounds weird. But thinking that Rias-senpai is the member of the Occult Research Club is...

"It's not well know, that's why. Buchou, I have brought him."

Kiba waits for the approval through the wooden door. Then a sweet, female voice replies.

"Yes, come in."

Looks like Senpai is inside here. Kiba opens the door and I'm shocked when I follow him into the room.

There are weird signs and words in every area of the classroom. The floor. The walls and the ceiling. They are all covered with weird signs. And the one which stands out the most is the circle drawn at the center of the room. It takes up most of the space in this room and it looks like one of those weird magical summoning circle mages use in Visual Novels.

What's more I can feel something creepy and weird from it.

Aside from the weird occultist shit there are also a couple of sofas and desks in the room.

However, it's the three people inside that mostly take up my attention.

Sitting behind a desk is Rias Gremory. Long crimson hair, clear blue eyes and skin as white as snow. She's a third year and so a senior. She isn't Japanese, I hear people say that she is from Northern Europe and is attending a Japanese high school due to her father's work.

Standing to her side is Akeno Himejima, the person who, along with Rias-senpai, is said to be one of the "Two Great Onee-samas" of Kuoh Academy! Long black hair tied into a ponytail, always smiling: a perfect Yamato Nadeshiko.

Sitting on one of the sofas is Koneko Toujou. She is a girl with a small build, with white hair and amber eyes. She's popular amongst the girls (and a certain group of boys) and is treated as a mascot for being cute.

And she's staring at you with a cautious expression. First Kiba, then her. Why?

Oh right, I can punch through a brick wall now. I suppose that make me a potential danger.

Rias Gremory greets you amiably. "Welcome to the Occult Research Club Hyodo Issei-kun. I'm Rias Gremory."

"Ara ara. Hello, my name is Akeno Himejima. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"...Koneko Toujo."

"My name is Kiba Yuuto. As you already know, I'm a second year like you, Hyoudou Issei-kun."

"My name is Hyodo Issei. Nice to meet you." It's only proper that you greet them back. Japanese manners ingrained it into you.

"Please have a seat." Gremory-sempai gestures to the sofa.

How I want to come close so I can see her and Himejima-sempai's oppai better! "No."

Curse my survival instincts.

"What?" Sempai blinks in confusion.

I remain where I am, close enough to the door that I can open it and bolt outside in one swift movement. "Sorry, but I am not comfortable enough to relax yet."

"Hyodo-kun, I assure you we have not dangerous intentions towards you. We are not your enemies."

I narrow my eyes. "That's...I something I have yet to decide." I sigh. "Please understand: the last time I trusted someone it ended with a hole in my stomach and me bleeding to death. It happened yesterday."

A flash of compassion appears on Gremory-sempai's face. "I wasn't aware of that. My apologies. For now I will allow it, but I hope you will see my intentions are good."

I nod. For now that's enough.

Kiba sits next to Koneko-chan, while Himejima-sempai stands beside Rias-sempai.

Then everyone looks at me. Uh, I'm getting nervous here.

Rias-sempai is the first to speak. "I will get to the point right away. We are all Devils."

PA!

At that moment, wings sprout from the backs of everyone around me. They're different from the black wings of Yuuma, their wings are bat-like.

"When you came to school this morning we felt you were no longer human. Initially I thought you were scouted in someone's else Peerage, but then Koneko, who has special sensory abilities, told me that you were similar yet not a Devil."

Their wings aren't like Yuuma. This is a point in their favors. But what's a Peerage?

"You probably don't know it but this city is mine, Rias Gremory's territory. It's my duty to take note of anything supernatural that happen there. In that light, would you kindly tell us what species are you now and how it happened?"

Should I trust her? ...To hell with that! I want answers.

"A few days ago a girl confessed to me. She called herself Yuuma Amano. Yesterday we had our first date." You sneer. "At the end the bitch revealed a pair of black feathered wings, pierced my stomach with a spear made of light and left me there bleeding to death."

"That was a Fallen Angel. They are former Angels who served God who have fallen to hell because they had evil intentions. They are also the enemy of us Devils."

So now we are talking about a Fallen Angel. Looks like we are entering a fantasy genre.

"We, the Devils, have been at war with the Fallen Angels since ancient times. We have been fighting over the possession of the Underworld, which is also known as Hell in the human world: not the place where the souls of sinners are tortured, more like a different dimension. The Underworld is split into two areas, one for Devils and one for Fallen Angels. The Devils form pacts with humans and receive their sacrifices to increase their strength. The Fallen Angels on the other hand control humans to eliminate Devils. At this point the Angels come in to destroy these two races on God's orders, which creates the Three Factions. This has been going on since ancient times."

This is a lot to take on. "Today neither of my two friends remember Yuuma even if I introduced her to them. My phone is also missing her number. Can Fallen Angels remove memories from people's minds and even electronical evidences?"

"They can. This Fallen Angel probably came in contact with you to accomplish a certain goal. After she accomplished it, she got rid of any record and evidence regarding herself."

A certain goal..? But of course: to kill me!

Suddenly they all tense. But then understanding appears on Rias' face. "Please calm down Hyodo-kun. You are currently emitting very powerful killing intent. Stop it."

I gasp in shock, realizing I was holding my breath. "I did what? Sorry, it's just...since I woke up this morning every time I think of Yuuma I get very angry."

"It's understandable to hold a grudge against those the one who tried to kill you. About that, can you tell us how you survived? And what kind of being you are now?"

I feel bile rising in your throat as the events following Yuuma's departure come back to mind. Forcing the feeling down I muster the courage. "Earlier, during the date, I happened to enter a strange shop where I was sold a strange stone object. The owner of the shop said it was a Magatama, a ceremonial object used during rituals."

Himejima speaks up. "Yes they are. They also appear in Japan's older myths."

"While I was on the ground, with my stomach pierced, the Magatama that I was keeping in my pocket split apart and..."

"And?" Rias leans forward in anticipation.

I bite my lips. "And then from it came out a giant worm that entered the hole in my stomach and burrowed its way though my body until it reached my brain. At that point I passed out from the pain."

Kiba, Koneko, Himejima and Rias lean back in disgust. "It what?! My apologies Hyodo-kun, I had no idea you experienced something so traumatic. There are rituals to change a human into a supernatural creature, us Devils have our own, but I never heard of something so barbaric!"

"At worst it will give me nightmares for a while." My voice is full of sarcasm. "So no, I don't know what I am now. I just know that I woke up this morning in my room, that my eyes are now amber instead of brown and I'm faster and stronger than normal. Maybe you can tell me?"

Rias shakes her head. "Like I said I never heard of something like this. Sorry. But maybe I can explain why that Fallen Angel tried to kill you. Did she say specific before leaving?"

How could I forget? "She said something about something called [Sacred Gear] that God supposedly put inside me."

She nods as if she just received confirmation to a question. "I thought so. She attacked you because you possess a Sacred Gear."

Kiba then speaks

"[Sacred Gear] is an irregular power that is bestowed to certain humans by God. For example, most of the people whose names are recorded in history are said to be possessors of a Sacred Gear. They used those powers to record their names in history, like a supernatural charisma or great intelligence."

"Presently there are many people who possess Sacred Gears within their bodies. You know those people who play an important role worldwide? Most of those people possess a Sacred Gear."

Himejima-senpai continues after Kiba. Rias-senpai then takes the lead.

"Most Sacred Gears have functions that are only usable in the human society, but there are exceptional Sacred Gears that are a threat to
us, the Devils, and Fallen Angels. Hyodo-kun, raise your hand."

Eh? I have to raise my hand? "Why?"

"I will teach you how to awake your Sacred Gear."

"Oh. Okay then." I raise my left hand.

"Close your eyes and imagine the strongest thing that comes to mind. Then imagine drawing it out of yourself."

"That simple?"

"Yes. As long as you know you have a Sacred Gear drawing it out is very simple."

Very well. I close my eyes.

The stronger thing I can think of...is...
-----

Final part will be posted today. After that I will add everything together. So what do you think? Is my narration okay?

I feel like you've recycled parts of the explanation about the devils, fallen angels and angels from your Exalted/DxD quest but it's nothing worth complaining much about, I suppose. So far this has been a quite the interesting read, looking forward to more of it.

I like it so far. I don't know anything about the persona part since I did not play that game but I am still enjoying it.

cross_grave said:
This isn't really persona, though... Think SMT Nocturne.
What he said. Well, if we want to be technical it's Shin Megami Tensei as things are not going to be limited to only the Nocturne game (which is SMT III).

A friend of mine played this series a lot. Well, he's into japanese RPG in general, but SMT is rather high on his list of played games and series.

"Okay. I think I have it."

Hyodo-kun says, having found a strong enough image. I confess I am curious about what kind of Sacred Gear is, that the Fallen would see it as a threat.

He spreads his legs and raises his arms until they're perpendicular to his chest. He spreads his fingers.

CHILL CHILL CHILL

—! That abnormal presence again! But way stronger than before. And the source...is Hyodo-kun. Blood-red mist appears all around his body.

Then it starts.

Glowing black lines with neon green outlines appear on Hyodo-kun's body starting from his chest. From there they spread to head, back, arms and legs. Where the skin is covered by the clothes they're visible for only a second before fading. They remain visible on his face and hands.

But that's not all. I am on an angle where I can see the entire process. From the boy's nape grows out a large black horn, its surface so black it seems to devour all light around it. As I stare at it I feel myself overcome with sudden and unexplainable dread, like an ancestral and until now buried instinct is telling me of an imminent danger.

GLOMP

By the way Koneko-chan clings to my arm as if it was a lifeline she must be feeling it too.

"Fascinating..." My master, on the other hand, is watching the whole thing with sparkling interest.

While Akeno-san... "Ara ara. Fufufu." I quickly divert my gaze from her hand's "activities".

The red mist around Hyodo-kun's left arm changes to green. It takes form and covers his left forearm before fading, leaving behind a red gauntlet with a green jewel embedded in it.

Then he opens his eyes, revealing pupils the color of molted gold instead of pale amber.

He raises his left arm and stares with curiosity at the gauntlet. "Is this my Sacred Gear? Look like something a Henshin hero would...use..." He trails off as he finally notices the glowing lines.

"What the-?! Since when I have tattoos? And not just my arm: my stomach too!! How I am going to explain it to my parents!"

Bucho conjures a mirror and shows him his reflex.

"...A horn. I have a fucking horn on my neck. Forget explaining, they will murder me right on the spot."

"Don't worry Hyodo-kun. Since you appeared normal before it's probable those characteristics only come out under specific circumstances. They appeared at the same time as your Sacred Gear, so it's possible they will disappear too if you dismiss it. You just have to will it away. And even then there are spells that let you appear normal to others."

"Thanks God for small mercies..."

I wince as the mention of God gives me a quick headache. Hyodo-kun sits down on the free sofa. I will take that as a sign he trusts us now.

"That aside, what does this thing do?" He waves his red gauntlet.

"If I am not mistaken that's Twice Critical. It allows its user to double its power once."

"That's it?!"

"Yes. It's a very common Sacred Gear."

"...Wait, I got killed over a common Sacred Gear?! This thing which is supposed to be a threat to Fallen Angels?!"

Can't argue with that. I find it suspicious too. Or the Fallen may have just made a colossal blunder.

Hyodo-kun begins making strangling motions. "When I get my hands on that whore I'm going to rip off her wings and fed them to her!"

Brutal. Then again, I can't disagree with the sentiment.

"Please don't act harshly Hyodo-kun." Bucho reprimands him. "Fallen Angels usually operate in group. Even if you were to defeat her you will have to deal with her companions."

He looks like he wants to argue, but refrains. "Then what are my options? I have no doubts that, once she finds out I have yet to kick the bucket, she will come to finish the job."

She nods. "Indeed. There are several options. The one I personally recommend, is for you to join my Peerage."

Ah, Buchou. Ever the sly one.

"Peerage?"

"The system Devils use to increase their ranks." She takes out a box and open it, revealing dark red chess pieces. "It's called the [Evil Piece]. Devils who wished to increase their ranks after the war started gathering powerful servants, fewer in number but individually more powerful. Quality over quantity. [Evil Pieces] were created for this purpose. Do you know about chess?"

"It's similar to shogi, right?"

"Correct. There are sixteen pieces in a chess set: a King, a Queen, two Rooks, two Knights, two Bishops and eight Pawns. The Evil Piece system utilize all pieces beside the King, that become a title belonging to the master and owner of the pieces. Like me." She picks up a Knight. How nostalgic. "By using them it's possible to reincarnate, or better transform someone into a Devil. By inserting them inside a body they will transform it into that of a Devil."

He backs away fearfully. "Oh no! Hell no. Forget it: I'm done with foreigner objects forcefully inserted into me."

"Don't worry. The process is painless." I tell him. "I can attest to that. I was a human before being reincarnated."

"...I...see. Still, the prospective of becoming a servant for life isn't very appealing. Even if it is to save my life."

"It's not bad. You might be able to start a life where you can become popular with girls, you know?"

"How!?"

Hyodo-kun's reaction comes out almost immediately. Tempting a pervert with the promise of popularity with girls...well it's something that can happen so Buchou isn't lying.

"Reincarnated Devils can rise in rank and even one day have a peerage of their own. Since this system only increases the number of servants, it doesn't increase the number of powerful Devils. So the Devils decided to give chances for power to reincarnated Devils. With time and effort everyone can rise through Devil society and become someone important. They decided to give peerage to reincarnated Devils as well, as long as they are powerful."

Hyodo-kun appears more and more excited. "T-Then! That means I can also get a peerage with how I do things!?"

"Yes. It's not impossible. Of course, it would take a lot of time and effort to achieve though."

"...One last question."

"Yes?"

"What are the Devils' laws about marriage?"

Strange question.

"Similar to the human's ones. You can have only one husband or wife, but since fertility has always been low Devils are allowed to have concubines or mistresses to raise the probabilities of producing a heir."

No wait. It makes sense now.

"Uoooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!" Hyodo-kun shouts and do a fist-bump. "Being a Devil rocks! Hell yeah! I accept! Please make my your servant Gremory-sempai!"

"With pleasure." She takes out a Pawn Piece and places it on Hyodo-kun's chest. "What kind of Piece is needed depends on the target. Let's try a Pawn first."

The Piece glows red and is absorbed into the boy's body.

CRUCH

Uh?

CRUCHCRUCHCRUCH

What is this sound that is like a million small blades grinding against a brittle surface?

CRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHCRUCHBLAR!!!

It comes from Hyodo-kun's chest-!?

BUH

With the force of a gunshot something is expelled from HYodo-kun's chest and slams into the wall, cracking it.

The projectile falls to the ground.

"W-What in Maou-sama's name...?"

Stuttering, and in complete shock Buchou picks up he projectile so that everyone can see it clearly.

It's the Pawn Piece that she put inside Hyodo-kun. No. It's only half of it, because from the signs it's like someone took the Piece and bite it off!!

For a few seconds there is only incredulous, shocked silence. That is promptly broken by Hyodo-kun.

"What the hell is wrong with me?!"

I wish I knew. Because this is starting to creep me out and I'm a Devil!
----

The end. Of the first chapter, that is.

"What the Hell is wrong with me?"

Oh, that is a sentiment that many shall come to share in the future, I suspect.

This is an SMT cross, right? Specifically with Nocturne, since Issei is the Demi-Fiend. So.

How long until everyone dies?

That happened a while back by the sound of it.

Better question might be 'How long until it happens again'.

The Slumbering Crocodile said:
This is an SMT cross, right? Specifically with Nocturne, since Issei is the Demi-Fiend. So.

How long until everyone dies?
Least Devotee said:
That happened a while back by the sound of it.

Better question might be 'How long until it happens again'.
You speak as I am planning to have another Conception happens to the DxD World.

I am not that heartless.

Just heartless >:D

Alexander said:
You speak as I am planning to have another Conception happens to the DxD World.

I am not that heartless.

Just heartless >:D
So, what, you're just planning to have "DxD except Issei is the Demi-Fiend"? That's a bit . . . dull, don't you think? When I saw this I was thinking something along the lines of, I don't know, Freed the psycho-priest finding the Conception ritual, thinks it's a genocide spell, tries to rejigger it so it only targets Devils or Supernaturals, and (having no idea what he's doing) accidentally triggers Conception with DxD City (I just realized I have no idea where it's set) as the center instead of Tokyo, and having everyone except the supernaturals get destroyed. Then you have competing Factions -- the Gremory, the Sitri, the Fallen, the Church, maybe some others, all jockeying to position their Reason as the seed of rebirth for the world. Friend turns against friend, alliances are forged and broken, all in an attempt to recreate the world. And Issei, at the center of it all, trying desperately to convince someone that the world should be re-created as his personal Harem :p

I mean, I'll read it either way, I just think you might be wasting some serious story potential by going "DxD only with Demi-Fiend". The plot of Nocturne is a billion times better.

The Slumbering Crocodile said:
So, what, you're just planning to have "DxD except Issei is the Demi-Fiend"? That's a bit . . . dull, don't you think? When I saw this I was thinking something along the lines of, I don't know, Freed the psycho-priest finding the Conception ritual, thinks it's a genocide spell, tries to rejigger it so it only targets Devils or Supernaturals, and (having no idea what he's doing) accidentally triggers Conception with DxD City (I just realized I have no idea where it's set) as the center instead of Tokyo, and having everyone except the supernaturals get destroyed. Then you have competing Factions -- the Gremory, the Sitri, the Fallen, the Church, maybe some others, all jockeying to position their Reason as the seed of rebirth for the world. Friend turns against friend, alliances are forged and broken, all in an attempt to recreate the world. And Issei, at the center of it all, trying desperately to convince someone that the world should be re-created as his personal Harem :p

I mean, I'll read it either way, I just think you might be wasting some serious story potential by going "DxD only with Demi-Fiend". The plot of Nocturne is a billion times better.
Bzzzt. Nope sorry.

This isn't a "DxD except Issei is the Demi-Fiend" story. You will see a lot of elements from Nocturne and other SMT throw in the mix. Rest assured: Lucifer and Paimon appearance wasn't an one time only thing.

Wonder how Ajuka would react to what happened to the piece. It is one of his masterpieces, after all.

cross_grave said:
Wonder how Ajuka would react to what happened to the piece. It is one of his masterpieces, after all.
Ajuka: "What happened to my Piece?"
Issei: "The evil worm like thing that live in my chest mistook it for a snack."
Ajuka: "...You know, you have a bigger problem that me being angry at you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back