• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hereditas Daemonica [Shin Megami Tensei X DxD] (DEAD)

Alexander said:
Ajuka: "What happened to my Piece?"
Issei: "The evil worm like thing that live in my chest mistook it for a snack."
Ajuka: "...You know, you have a bigger problem that me being angry at you."

I thought it should be:

Issei: It wasn't my fault! That worm lives in my chest bite your piece!
Ajuka:... Alright, would you mind coming to my personal lab for a bit? I promise you it won't hurt... much.
Issei: Hold on what are you trying to do!?
Ajuka: Of course this isn't revenging for my works (Evil Piece), I can assure you.

"[Sacred Gear] is an irregular power that is bestowed to certain humans by God. For example, most of the people whose names are recorded in history are said to be possessors of a Sacred Gear. They used those powers to record their names in history, like a supernatural charisma or great intelligence."

"Presently there are many people who possess Sacred Gears within their bodies. You know those people who play an important role worldwide? Most of those people possess a Sacred Gear."
If I ever write a DxD story, I'm taking this shit out. In terms of "reinterpreting history to be in line with your supernatural bullshit", this ranks up there with

"WWII was a fight between demigods" from Percy Jackson
and
"Gandhi had a Piece of Eden" from Assassin's Creed.
I really hate this stuff.

damn that last bit has me hooked. Not that I wasn't already XD

will issei be able to use all types of magic like the demi-fiend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pugna (Fight)

"Uooooooooooooooo!"

It's midnight and I'm outside, pedaling my bicycle at full throttle. No, I haven't become a fitness maniac who does exercise ever when he should be sleeping.

The reason is much simpler: I'm handing out Devil leaflets. They have an easy to use magic-circle on them: when humans with strong greed take these in their hands and wish for what they want, then a Devil will be summoned before them to grant their wish in exchange for a price.

I look at the portable machine in my hand. The monitor is displaying the map of the town I'm currently in and there are red lights flashing on it. Each light is a house, and I'm heading to those specific areas. When I arrive I put the leaflet inside the mailbox, then I move towards the other flashing points nearby.

I keep on repeating this procedure. Over and over again.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! This can't be helped! It can't be helped! After all, I'm a Temporary Devil!"

I'm pedalling my bicycle while screaming out loud such things.

I think back to the day I met Rias-sempai and the others from the Occult Research Club. The day I found out I am a Sacred Gear possessor, that Yuuma-chan is a Fallen Angel and that Rias-senpai and the others are Devils.

It's also the day I found out the worm-thing that changed me is still inside me. Gross. It's so gross. What's worse, now that I am aware of its presence if I concentrate I can sort of feel its presence, but not its exact position.

It was Akeno-sempai that came up with it, after the little bastard half-ate Rias-sempai's precious Evil Piece. It's precious because apparently you receive a certain number and no more, so you need to use them intelligently. Akeno-sempai ad Rias-sempai tried to find the worm-thing in my body with their magic powers to remove it, but couldn't find it.

It doesn't change the fact that the Piece being damaged is my fault. And she can't try with other Pieces because there is the risk the worm-thing will eat them too. And until it's there I can't become a Devil.

My dream of a Harem is quickly fading away...

Since it was my fault it was decided I would join the Occult Research Club as a Temporary Devil and help Rias-sempai until I have repaid the damage done to her Piece, or until she finds a way for me to become a Devil.

But that's okay. I will awaken as a Devil while serving under her from now on! No, I will rise up! After all I can't revert back to being a human any more. In that case I will just have to walk straight ahead! I've already accepted the situation I am in.

It might sound stupid, but its fine I guess. I have already convinced myself. It's like my perverted guts are functioning to the MAX! My tension is high too.

I'm a guy who works for his ambition towards sex! So rather than thinking about the new world I stepped my foot in, I will just enjoy my current life.

"I'm going to become a Harem-King!"

We are talking about a harem here. Being able to create a harem is amazing.

With this, I became a member of the Occult Research Club.
----

What Issei doesn't know is that removing the Magatama will kill him, and that even with all eight Pawns Rias will not be able to resurrect him. So to prevent an early Bad End I made the Magatama impossible to localize. For now at least.

You know, the Magatama making itself impossible to find makes sense. It doesn't want to be separated from it's host so it hides itself.

Introspective Tinkerer said:
You know, the Magatama making itself impossible to find makes sense. It doesn't want to be separated from it's host so it hides itself.
Yep, bet it's going 'Nice host, bit of an idiot, but nice host. Thankfully he's quit trying to downgrade.'

Hey you know what, I think that the Magatama actually replace their hosts' brain stem. It makes sense why it heads for the brain and why it hurts so much besides a demon worm burrowing its' way into your brain. Probably why there's a horn there too.

noahgab1133 said:
The first thing that need to be said is that, while the Hitoshura's status give Issei bigger magic reserves that his canon Devil one, his talent in using magic is still abyssal. The Magatama acts as a cheat code because it upload all the necessary knowledge to perform a move into Issei's brain, so it becomes instinctual for Issei to use the abilities taught by a Magatama.
While using DxD magic...it might be possible (even if doubtful) for him to learn the magic used by DxD magician, but since he is not a Devil he can't use their distinctive magic. However, as imagination still play a large role in how SMT magic is used, it is possible for Issei (provided he has enough Magatsuhi) to partially replicate its effects.

Flashback

"Majority of the pure Devils were killed in the war that took place a long time ago. Because of that, they started to desperately gather servants. Well, Devils don't have the strength or the influence they originally had when they leaded their armies. Even so, we need to keep on increasing the number of the Devils. Just like humans, the Devils split in genders of male and female and are able to give birth. But even with normal birth it will take a lot of time to get back to the same population as before. After all, Devils have a very low birth rate. Then we won't be able to stand up against the Fallen Angels. So we find humans who seem to have potentials and make them into Devils. As our servant, that is."

"I doubt the concept of servitude for life has many admirers in today's society."

"You're right, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Now, I will get to the point. Since this only increases the number of servants it doesn't increase the number of powerful Devils. So the Devils decided to give chances for power to reincarnated Devils: those who were reincarnated from a human. They decided to give peerage to reincarnated Devils as well, as long as they are powerful. Because of that, there are many Devils in human's society. There are also numbers of natural Devils like myself who came to the human world as well. Hyodo-kun even though you haven't realized it I'm sure you have passed through some Devils in this town."

"So Devils were always nearby then!? Wait we're in Japan, usually stories like that deal with youkai."

"Yes, though there are humans who can distinguish which ones are Devils and those who can't. There are also youkai living nearby disguised as humans, but since this is Devil's territory there are only a few. A person with strong greed or a person who wants to get help from Devils usually can distinguish us strongly. We are usually summoned by the ones who can distinguish between them, through the leaflets with magic circle that we give out. There are people like you, Hyodo-kun, who can distinguish Devils but don't believe in our existence, but majority of them usually believe it if they see our demonic-powers."

"Uhm, sempai? I kinda of cannot distinguish Devils from humans right now."

"I'm sure it will happen once you get familiar with your new body. I don't know yet what you are, but since you feel similar to a Devil I'm sure we can apply the same guidelines to your case. Anyway, since from today you're part of the Occult Research Club you have to call me Bucho!"

"Buchou? Can't I call you Onee-sama?"

I got carried away and asked her.

I always wanted a "Onee-sama". It's not a yuri situation, but all of the guys have a desire to call an older beauty "Onee-sama".

Rias-senpai thought about it seriously for a while, and then shook her head.

"Hmm. That also sounds wonderful, but since I operate mainly in the school, being called Buchou has a better ring to it. This is Occult Research Club after all, and everyone here also calls me that."

"Okay! Then, Buchou! Help me to become a Devil!"

At my words Buchou put on a devilish smile. She seemed truly happy.

"Fufufu, good reply. Then I will call you Ise. Okay, I will change you into a man."

Buchou touched my chin with her fingers while saying that.

End Flashback

"O-Onee-sama! It's my Onee-sama!"

I shamelessly shout while remembering our first encounter. I'm so lucky there is no one around at this hour or I would have been arrested.

Few days have passed since that fateful meeting.

You know, there's one thing that's bugging me. The one that got the magatama into our hands and commented upon our state after it burrowed it's way into Ise was Lucifer, right? I remember Alex stating that much. And yet the DxD verse also had an individual named like that. How do you explain that without invoking some kind of paradox? Considering that one was a devil and the other made the Hitoshura, and thus likely isn't a DxD devil, I am assuming they are different people.

Figured it might be so, but I'm glad to be reassured none the less.

Shin Megami Tensei is a MASSIVE Multiverse. And Louis Cipher, the guy who put the Magatama into Ise, just happen to be the Lucifer not of A world, but of that entire Multiverse. Moreover, he referred to the DXD God as the "Avatar of the Enemy", so my hypothesis is that the DXD God and Lucifer were actually projections of the Multiversal ones. Semi-independent proxies.

Which put the DXD world in the rather unique position of not being under the direct influence of either Louis or YAHW anymore since both of their avatars died in the war.

Yeah, DxD world was completely free from Lucifer's and YHVH's shenanigans until Issei became the Demifiend.

Why the Hell did I miss that... Gah, I never pay attention to details. Still, makes me wonder what exactly Cipher has planned.

Right now I'm just peddling my bicycle like crazy in the middle of the night, but since then I have been working a lot. To my immense relief I quickly discovered that the glowing tattoos and the horn appear only when I manifest my Sacred Gear, Twice Critical, and disappear when I dismiss it. The process takes a second or two so it's pretty handy. My parents, like my friends, quickly accepted the contacts' excuse and left it at that. They must think it's a passing fancy and that I will grow out of it eventually.

Sadly I have the feeling my eyes will never go back the way they were. But, but compared to dying I am certain it is a measly price. I shouldn't complain, so I won't.

Me and the other members gather at the old school building at night. It is because Devils can use their power more sufficiently at night. By the same token they hate light. It seems the stronger the power of light is, the more lethal it becomes to their bodies. Buchou and the others are used to it, and even then they prefer to fight during the night to be at their best.

Light is poisonous to Devils. That's what I was told by Buchou. It seems like the Fallen Angels and the Angels use Light as their weapon, which is the natural enemies of Devils: it causes incredible pain, and saps the victim's strength at a high rate. Since there is the possibility I share the same weakness I was told to run away if I ever encounter them.

But I am okay under the sun. Be it day or night I don't feel a difference. My powers don't wave, and I always feel strong.

Anyway, I'm working hard as Rias Gremory's Temporary Servant Devil. Since I want to become a Devil I was told to study about their society and how it works.

Next I was ordered to give out these leaflets at night so I can get used to it.

I thought my parents will get worried if I was gone every night but Buchou used something similar to hypnosis on them: now my parents don't get mad when I come home late after finishing my work. They just say "Welcome home."

I don't think I am completely okay with the idea of someone, even if it's Buchou, messing with Dad and Mum's heads. However things would be difficult if they start making questions, so also for the sake of keeping them out of supernatural's business I will let it slide just once.

Speaking about Buchou, I was really amazed how much authority she has in the academy. Kuoh is basically is Buchou's territory. It seems like the person in the highest position in our academy has ties with the Devils and therefore can't oppose the people from the House of Gremory.

In other words, Kuoh is basically Buchou's personal belonging. That's also the reason why we are able to enter the school at night.

And now back to my current work. Every day and night I go around on my bicycle, posting a leaflet which can summon Rias Gremory's group inside mailboxes by using a mysterious device. It has a shape of a Nintendo 3DS and it's also a touch-pen type like it.

The monitor displays the map of the town I live in: Buchou's territory. Each Devil is given a certain territory in the human world, and they can only do their job within their territory. Devils get summoned by humans, make a contract and then grant their wish. As a price they receive an award fitting for the particular wish they make. It can be money, an object, and at times even their life.

Well, it seems like there aren't any contractors today who will go as far as to use their life to make a wish. Even if there was a person like that, it usually gets cancelled since the price doesn't match up with their wish. According to Buchou: "People's values aren't equal".

Yup, it's harsh. Life is harsh. I need to get used to that.

And the many lights flashing on the monitor shows the houses where people with a lot of greed live. So I go to these areas to hand out the leaflets in those people's mailboxes.

As long as there are lights flashing on the monitor, my work isn't finished. I have been pedaling my bicycle every day, but the light displayed on the monitor never disappears.

That's how much humans with strong greed there are.

Bucho told me that once you make a wish it becomes an addiction to keep on wishing for other ones.

Summoning a Devil and making a contract is limited to night's hours. That's because Devils are only allowed to work at night. The daytime is a time for the Angels and God.

I don't want troubles with the Angels, who I have yet to meet. There is the possibility of them mistaking me for a Devil, so I hope to never meet them.

The leaflets can only be used once, so once they use it I will have to hand a new one out. In other words, as a Devil my work would last forever.

Well, thanks to that Buchou and the others can continue to be active and we never run out of jobs. Devils don't fear becoming jobless. This is certainly a plus.

I can't wait to become a Devil and get my own peerage! I will fill it with cute girls that will all love me!

"Uoooooooooooooooooooh! I want to be surrounded by girls soon as I caaaaan!"

But right now, I have to be patient and keep on doing these simple tasks.

However, how long do I have to continue doing this....
----

Boring I know. But I promise there will be action soon, so please wait patiently for a little while.

About the scenes with Issei making contracts. As you should be aware the timeline was altered, so Issei started handling out leaflets earlier. The question is: should I keep the encounters that happened in canon, or should I make original ones?

cross_grave said:
Why the Hell did I miss that... Gah, I never pay attention to details. Still, makes me wonder what exactly Cipher has planned.
There are very few people that can get into the King of Hell's mind. And even less that can survive doing so without their brain imploding or going insane.

Basically, the more unclear Cipher's motives are, the more successful I am at portraying him >:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander said:
About the scenes with Issei making contracts. As you should be aware the timeline was altered, so Issei started handling out leaflets earlier. The question is: should I keep the encounters that happened in canon, or should I make original ones?
Original ones. Otherwise you're veering into "canon except Demi-Fiend" territory. Maybe he happens across a giant, spinning ice cream cone monster? Or, maybe he does encounter psycho-priest, but instead of a lightsaber he has a Demon Summoning Program.

But the connection to the Amala Network was just reopened, why would such in depth things already be taking place? That crap was centuries or decades in the making, I'd be surprised if any demons actually even know that there's an untapped world open again.

Maybe a mix of canon and original encounters, then? With gradual shift into original territory as SMT elements become more widespread?

At the very least, keep the encounters with Asia and Freed.

Original encounters it is then.
----

After I run out of leaflets to give out I return to the old school building. During the night the gates are closed, so I pick up my bicycle and leap over the fence. My new strength allow me to do something so amazing! It even feel like I'm stronger and faster than I was after my revival. That's quite amazing. I secure my bicycle and enter inside the building.

To begin with, it seems like my job of handing out the leaflets was originally a job assigned to Buchou's familiar. She usually changes the forms of the mouse and the bat that she owns into humans and makes them hand out the leaflets like I now do.

When I first saw the human form of the bat familiar I thought I recognized her from somewhere, but I can't remember where and when. Same with the leaflets: they feel familiar and yet I can't remember why. I wonder...

By the way, the reason why I was assigned to do it is because Buchou wanted me to know what kind of job Devils have to do from the beginning. This is something Kiba and the others did as well.

It may not be important, but by doing it diligently I got an approval from Himejima-senpai to call her "Akeno-san". Looks like I got one step closer to getting along with her.

Sadly I can't say the same for Koneko-chan. It seems like my presence spook her: she always keep a set distance from me and refuse to answer when I talk to her.

Shit! What is this! Calling Himejima-sempai "Akeno-san" feels so good but Koneko-chan ignoring me hurts! It hurts a lot! Why?! It's because I'm a pervert? Does she hate perverts? I'm sorry for lusting after good-looking girls!!

By the way, I still call Kiba, Kiba. Die, handsome. I will never call you "Kiba-kun"!

I almost slam my face against the clubroom's door before managing to stop my body. I was so engrossed into my inner thoughts I wasn't ever aware where I was going. Recently it happened a lot. That wouldn't do.

"I'm coming in."

When I go inside after saying that everyone is already there. Oh, am I the last one? The only light in the room is from the candles spread variously on the floor. It isn't as if the building lack electricity, but it is tradition for Devils to use candles.

"Welcome back."

Bucho greets me with her beautiful smile. She and Akeno-san are working on a magic-circle. After greeting me she focus back on it. Damn I want her to focus on me, not on a stupid magic-circle. But I can't disturb her, it's probably something important so she would be upset if I disturb her without a valid reason.

With nothing else to do I sit down on the couch, waiting for the next order. I raise my hand. I just need to think of it, to want it. Green light covers my left arm and forms into a red gauntlet. With it come the rest of the transformation. I'm just glad I can't feel the horn coming out of my neck.

"Activate!"

The jewel on the gauntlet starts to glow.

[Boost!!]

A mechanical voice says. The next moment, I felt power flowing into me.

"That was fast." Kiba comments with an approving tone. "You can already use your Sacred Gear so well after only a few days."

I shrug. "I just kept practicing in my free time. It wasn't very difficult. If only I could also control the rest..." I glare balefully at the tattoos.

Then I remember an issue that I wanted to bring up with Buchou, but right now she's busy... "Say." I ask Kiba. he's my last choice, but also the only one at the moment. "I noticed something else strange about me."

"What?"

"I eat less now. No I'm not on a diet. I'm just not hungry. I barely touch my food and yet I'm not getting gaunt and weaker as should be normal."

That's true. For a while now I haven't suffer from hunger even once. I barely touch the dishes Mum prepare: a few bites is all I can stomach. I was even forced to eat more just to vomit later. That's so weird, I can't even indulge in my favorite dishes.

"Oh." He stays silent, thinking, before continuing. "It's possible you're now getting sustenance from something different than normal food."

"Yeah?" I raise an eyebrow. "I think I would have noticed if started eating, I don't, grass like a cow or electricity like an android."

"I never said that. I heard there are certain beings in the world who take sustenance from the magical energy in the air. Yours may be such a case."

I pause. If that's true it would be neat, however... "Be that as it may, it doesn't change the fact my parents are getting suspicious. Forcing myself to eat isn't going to work for longer."

Before it could go any further the conversation is interrupted by Buchou walking to us.

"Ise, your work of giving out the leaflets is over. Well done."

Buchou is smiling. Finally I'm done with handing out leaflets.

"Now I will have you do the actual job of a Devil."

"Oh! Now I can make contracts!?"

"Yes, that's right. Though, since it's your first time, it's going to be a contract with someone who wants to make a small wish. There's two reservation contracts with Koneko. Since it's hard to do both, I will leave one to you."

I look to Koneko-chan to thank her for the opportunity, but she just looks away as if disgusted.

Crack

That was the sound of my heart breaking a little.

"Koneko!" Rias scolds the white haired girl. Almost reluctantly Koneko turns back and bows her head.

"....Please help me out."

"...I will."

"By the way Ise." Rias continues. "Since you're not a member of my peerage you can't use the teleportation-type magic-circle. You will need to reach the client on your own feet."

Craaaak!

That was the sound of my heart breaking completely.

Why meeeee!??!

An SMT and a DxD crossover very interesting especially when you consider that with SMT whether you side with the angels or demons you are picking the (or rather an) evil side while with DxD the various factions are basically good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back