• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

How did you find QQ?

First encounter of the glorious name of Questionable Questing?

• Total voters
Because of old SB and SV threads and I felt like being on the red headed stepchild/j.

SpaceBattles subreddit on Reddit.

I'm curious to see where all our users came here from, hence this thread and its handy poll.

Where did you first hear about QQ? If it was Other, would you mind saying where?

Furthermore, if you feel up to making a post, what actually brought you here? Was it a quest or a story? Which one was it?
I found it through Fanfiction.net when they started to mess up the rules

I found it on Royal Road. The author bor902 (Tsm on this website) mentioned he writes here as well.

Last edited:
I think it was a Google search or mention on ff.net by an author.
Looked around and liked what I saw

Was working on a story over on SB or was it SV. They locked it without warning and the mods would not talk to me about anything for weeks. then finally got a reply and it was becuse I had a harem/team/companion vote they locked it because Ashoka Tano was on it and they said she was underage... Funny they forgot about the Star Wars Rebels season that had been running that same year. couldn't get it unlocked and they threatened to ban me. Luckily a freandly reader asked what happened and then told me about QQ. couldn't get back into writing that one with everything over those 2 to 3 months.

SB, doesn't live up to the hype. But still nice.
Yeah, SB likes to throw a puritanical fit about just how incredibly degenerate everything is over here.

I mean, yeah, you have that occasionally, but it isn't consistent.

I'm more fond of the reasonable administration than the smut tbh (though the smut can be nice).

I'm curious to see where all our users came here from, hence this thread and its handy poll.

Where did you first hear about QQ? If it was Other, would you mind saying where?

Furthermore, if you feel up to making a post, what actually brought you here? Was it a quest or a story? Which one was it?

I found QQ because I noticed that Spacebattles has become the fun police- they quash any amount of discussion, murder stories of authors by locking the thread even if the author wasn't at fault, close threads and strip an author's hard work away from them, don't really follow their own rules, selective enforcement of their rules if it matches the 'current thing' and is 'acceptable to their agenda', etc, etc, etc.

I remember getting smacked with a warning and publicly shamed for asking if a Fate/Stay Night Story, with the author basing his story on the original Eroge content- in which Shirou and Co. are all 18 years old...- would be featuring the One True Threesome (Shirou x Saber x Rin) or if Saber would be flying solo in the story purely for narrative purposes. Yet despite the distinction of it being based on the Eroge and thus 'legal' by their own rules, the Mod in charge of the case said that the 'Anime' of Fate/Stay Night was 'more popular' and thus it meant that Shirou/Rin were 16 (and Saber despite being in her 30s 'looked' underaged) and thus the infraction was upheld- and I was dared to say otherwise.

In the meanwhile, the twentieth Poly-siders Worm story has steamy makeout seshes between Brian, Alec, Taylor, Rachel, and Lisa complete with groping and fondling and shit and it's okay because it's 'progressive and championing values' or some such tripe. Despite the fact that they're all underaged teens all of that sexual interaction was okay becuase it had a 'fade to black' where the scene ended once everyone had had their fill of 'as much fun as you can have with their clothes on' and stripped naked.

And pointing the discrepancies out will get you slapped over the head faster than you can blink, and then the Mod who you offended will happily blast you out to all and sundry while banning you from making a reply to defend your position.

Spacebattles has become a dictatorship filled with some reasonable mods that refuse to do anything about the unreasonable mods who've taken a liking to abusing their power, and if you suggest otherwise then you're 'making a spectacle of mod decisions' and forced into time out in the gulag. It's become a farce that no one is safe from, not even big time authors like Seras among many others.

To contrast this I don't think I've had anything other than a pleasant time with the mods here, especially Megaolix. You guys and gals are awesome.

So yeah, I came here a almost two three years ago (holy cow), and 2.5+ Million words later (even more holy cow) I haven't regretted it. I can write and have fun and let other people see what's going around in my noggin without worrying about whether or not the content will get banned if it doesn't immediately click and jive with everyone's preferences. If someone doesn't like the story? They don't have to read, and the same it true in the reverse- I don't like? I don't have to read. Simple as.

Though with that being said, I do have to wonder something- I came to QQ because it has an NSFW section, and every story I've posted here has had NSFW content in it.

If I was ever going to write a story that didn't have NSFW content then it would go into the SFW forum, and likely be cross posted to SV and yes, even SB for visibility purposes. So is it against the rules to post stories you have no intention of ever writing NSFW content for in the NSFW section instead of the SFW section?

I get that NSFW has the most traffic, but cluttering the NSFW with SFW content is just in my opinion poor taste- we seem to be getting a lot of SB and SV Refugees lately crossposting their Squeaky Clean SFW stories in NSFW because it drives clicks... and I don't know if that's against the rules of not.

I really wish that I didn't have to be 'that guy' here ask, because really it shouldn't concern me, but the moment I realized it's been going on it's just been like an itch at the back of my head. And since it's sort of part of the reason I came to QQ in the first place- to get away from the sticklers of SB and SV and enjoy NSFW content I think it's still (hopefully) topical enough. lol

Last edited:
I Found QQ because one author that i was following on SB did have his quest locked and later terminated, because of his 40k space marine quest, and that he write scenes with the universe in check (so much blood and death), and well because of the violence and that we genocided a Aliens species was the final straw and he got in guillotine, the last post from him was telling his viewer to follow him in another site(QQ) that didn't ban him because of writing bloody battles against Aliens.

Years of scrolling through FF.net led me to SB after one author mentioned posting there as well, as you might expect, this led to me discovering SV and then inevitably to QQ which I dismissed at first because of comments about it being a pit of degeneracy (in a bad way). But, I eventually gave it a try and now here I am.

If I remember correctly, I cane here in want of monster girls (MGE, specifically). There was a thread about in on SpaceBattles, and ominous references to earlier threads which, from what I understand, basically boiled the setting down to the 'monster girls bad, genocide good' kind of rhetoric that I really don't jive with.

And then somebody mentioned QQ, and I saw the wonderful catalogue of smut so I realized I like this place better.

I saw it mentioned in a few places like FanFiction, AO3 and I think on Reddit as well, though I didn't care much about it. But I've gotten pretty into Warhammer 40K recently, which brought me from my usual fanfiction sites to Spacebattles since I heard there's good 40K content and discussion there. I'm liking it so far, and since way more of those people talk about QQ, I finally got curious enough to come check it out for myself.

Ran out of decent fanfiction of a specific fiction and ended up on here somehow I think it was linked through someone's bio. I think it was through the self insert archive

Another funny thing is, I didn't even realize this was a primarily nsfw website for a few months because I didn't make an account and I was just lurking

I have always enjoyed reading. Online platforms have a plethora of databases filled with books. It was inevitable then, to be drawn to this site eventually.

Found a link on Spacebattles

Was looking for an answer to a question via google search and came across this forum

Just recently was looking for more fics about a few series that I like, and I stumbled into some pretty good ones here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back