• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hyrule Rising (Zelda/Modern)

EDIT BY SQUIRRELLY: LINKS BELLOW CONTAIN NSFW ADS. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK. OR PLEASURE.​

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2443856
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2430392
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2439658

Hmm, all the pictures I've looked at so far have them smiling, except for these. And they are sleeping, jeesh. I'll keep looking.

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2364488
This one isn't bad, at least its not another school uniform.
Redaeth, while posting links to NSFW material or sites in the SFW section isn't against the rules remember in the future to clearly warn if the material or site is NSFW as a courtesy to others who might not know.

Here are the called votes. Incomplete votes were ignores, as always.

Do you request more books?
[X] Yes
[] No

Language (English)
Language (English), Formal Etiquette, Piano, Mathematics
Foreign Language, History, Mathematics, Dance

Pick one subject from the list. The top half of the options with votes will be studied in more depth in the following year, while you will gain no additional proficiency with the others.

[3] Computer Science Cassiemouse, BFldyq, Ephemeral_Dreamer,
[2] Geometry Bailey Matutine, Grosstoad,
[2] History Wootius, Arrakeen,
[2] Biology Ct613hulu, Xicree,

[2] Physics abyssmal_kismet, Biigoh,
[2] Dance redaeth, BenignBrokenBoundaries,

[1] Language (Spanish) CptTagon,
[1] Language (English) StackedDeck,

[1] Poetry VictoriousCoyote,
[1] Drawing theBSDude,
[1] Home Ec. Darkened,

I rolled Dance to be the vote in the middle out of the two-voters, and then rolled for it to round up.

Update will come later tonight.

Wanted to have someone to vote for Algebra...

Do you request more books?
[X] Yes

Math+ (Geometry)
Language (English+) (Foreign)
History+
Dance+
Formal Etiquette
Music (Piano)
Computer Science
Biology
Physics

You roll over on your bed and groan in agony.

"No, I can't. It'd hurt." There is no response, not that you expected one.

"It was just too big, too much, too fast." Your complaints fill your bedroom but do not echo, the soft blankets and bookshelves brimming with large texts. It's an intimate place, your room. The quilts on the bed aren't strictly necessary, but you're fourteen and that means that you can indulge yourself you can.

Once again you consider what you hold in your hand.

Will it fit?

You wouldn't try anywhere else, but here, in the privacy of your own room . . .

Taking another bite of the rich, strong chocolate that your father sent you for your birthday was the best, most intense pleasure you've ever felt, and it's just as good this time as the first six bars were.

"Mmmm." You mumble to yourself as the chocolate, ground and chewed, sits on your tongue.

And then you swallow it, set the bar down on your bedside table next to your dogeared copy of The Mabinogi and the other three remaining bars. Then you close your eyes and just relax. It's your fourteenth birthday, and that means that you have the whole day to yourself, with no tutors hovering in the corner to make sure that you don't trip and hit your head on the edge of the table, or choke on lunch, or anything else.

It's so nice.

One year ago today, August third, you'd been struggling to keep afloat in the sudden increase of your workload, but now you had it under control. It would have been easier if you hadn't been hiding your perfect memory, and left you with much more time to get that eternal kink out of your neck and the tension out of your back.

It had seemed so natural to start hiding other things as well. Your longing glances out the window had been replaced with longing thoughts directed towards the landscapes in your books on history, the strange people and animals in your biology texts, and when you'd finished understanding how force and motion interacted you'd conjured great machines driven by weights and counterweights in your mind.

But those weren't the important things. You could explain them as flights of fancy, with an, "I was just wondering", and you had, when you'd been caught by the thin tutor or the female one.

What you'd had to hide from everyone, including your father's occasional unpredictable visit to the only door you couldn't open, the one made of thick glass, was that your ears had gotten a whole five millimeters longer.

You knew because you checked them constantly now, every single day, trying to see when they'd stop.

They hadn't stopped so far.

Darn.

Mother had turned into a monster and . . . left. You know what 'leaving' most likely means now, though you didn't when you were younger, and it scares you.

Father is a busy man, what with trying to keep business and his supply chains running as the economy slowly runs down, and as his days get harder his temper has gotten proportionally shorter.

This can't be your fault.

If this ear thing is the beginning of a mutation then you need to either hide it or find something else to pin the blame on. Maybe if you managed to get outside, wearing one of the environment suits like your tutors wear, you could engineer an accident that would expose you to some unfiltered air and blame that. Or you could ignore the problem, and wear your hair in a more old-fashioned way that would cover your freakish growth.

Maybe that's the best idea.

Or- or perhaps you should simply come clean. Honesty is an excellent policy, and father's never done anything to harm you. He loves you, you're sure. But if he loves you surely he'll let you out in a 'safe' suit if you have a good enough reason.

Well?
[] Think up a reason to get outside.
[] Hide your abnormality.
[] Confess your mutation.

[X] Confess your mutation..
--[X] Including your perfect memory. (Confess this only to your father.)

Hmmm....

Last edited:
[X] Confess your mutation

Wanted to have someone to vote for Algebra...
I did, I suspect as it was a change and spread over two posts it didn't get counted. Wouldn't have affected things either way though.

Ah, yes, gibbs did state that only complete votes are counted. I assume spread votes are disqualified.

[X] Think up a reason to get outside.

It's adventuring time, folks.

[x] Confess your mutation.

If people aren't voting because this vote doesn't seem interesting, or important enough, they are operating under a false assumption. This choice is more important than the last two voting options, combined, and if you don't vote now then you won't get to complain later.

It's basically telling dad everything without making us feel guilty right? It's what I'd do as a kid

Actually, for the confession, is nobody worried about us not getting any more tutors if they know we're infected?

[X] Hide your abnormality.

I think it's tied between a serious discussion with our father and a zany sitcom plot.

6- Think up a reason to get outside.
2- Hide your abnormality.
6- Confess your mutation.

Those are the current votes. I'd like some more to break the tie.

Also, would you guys prefer if I rolled for how tall you'll end up being, or would you like to vote?

I would prefer if everybody voted for a height and then you averaged the results.

I'd vote for seven feet tall, just because I like tall women... so rolling is probably best.

I would prefer if everybody voted for a height and then you averaged the results.
Averaging only really works if you have a lot of votes. At most we'll see 5-10 people voting and the outliers from joke votes like 1 and 10 feet tall will greatly effect the outcome.

It looks as if I will be the tie breaker for now

[X] Think up a reason to get outside

Also, would you guys prefer if I rolled for how tall you'll end up being, or would you like to vote?

I would prefer for us to play a character that is shorter than the main romantic interests but I don't have any strong feelings regarding precise measurements

I'd vote for seven feet tall, just because I like tall women... so rolling is probably best.

Averaging only really works if you have a lot of votes. At most we'll see 5-10 people voting and the outliers from joke votes like 1 and 10 feet tall will greatly effect the outcome.
This is the exact reason that "median" is a thing in statistics. Whichever vote, then, is the middle, counting from both ends. I'd support such a thing, but it might be annoying to do.

6 Confess your mutation
2 Hide your abnormality.
7 Think up a reason to get outside.

Vote called.

Short update, I know, but it wouldn't get longer no matter how much I worked at it.

-- -- --

In the end, it isn't even a question. You just have to think for a moment and think about what you feel.

You could . . . hide, but you don't want to. You've never tried to keep a secret before in your life, which would make trying to do something as long and in-depth a charade as you'd need implausible. You've read dozens of historical accounts where people acting strangely tipped their adversary off that something was amiss.

Alternately, you could go to your father and confess.

That thought slams into you and leaves you numb from the intense, creeping worry that seems to seep into your brain from your freakish, red-hot ears. They're not conspicuous now, a minor alteration at most, not like her.

Your earliest memories are of being wrapped up and held in long, warm arms. Your mother's face pressed against your shoulder as she held you tight to her in the moments before she had to leave. You'd been visited often, when you were younger and before father got so busy trying to hold the state together.

Back then your rooms had been smaller too, and you'd had a special suit for when you weren't in it that you wore like a diving suit, but the fat tutor had followed behind you with the tank of air. You could carry your own tank of air now, though it might be heavy.

Still, you're fourteen years old. That's practically grown up!

You're so much bigger now than you were then, eight years ago, and it's been so long since you've felt warm from the Sun beating down on you. Now that you've entertained the idea of going back outside, though, you can't shake it. Being able to look left and right and see the sky on both sides is such a simple luxury, but it's one you've been without for far too long.

You think . . . Even if you didn't need to have an accident to explain yourself, you'd be eager to leave.

Once you've decided to go outside you tell the thin tutor and, after a half an hour, the woman tutor comes to replace him as he leaves.

You continue with your reading, pausing when the tutor comes back in followed by-

It's your father.

He's nearly as tall and broad as the doorway, and when he settles into the only other chair in the room, he seems almost too real to fit. His pants are fine and black, his shirt is white like the paper of a glossy textbook, and through the face mask he wears you can see that his pale blue eyes are surrounded by crows feet.

"So you have something that you'd like to ask me?" He says, and his voice is everything you'd expect from him, slow and low, as if careful not to startle you. He's gentle, really, your father is.

The best way to get him to say yes, you think, is to ask to help with the business. He mentioned it last year, but what was it again?

Are you growing up to be built like your father?
[] Yes.
[] No.
[] Not even close.

Which city do you live nearest to?
[] Mobile: Steel, shipping, shipbuilding, and planes.
[] Tampa: Shipping, military presence+.
[] New Orleans: Petrochemicals, shipping+, oil
[] Dallas/Fort Worth: Dual cities, variety+, Companies,
[] Atlanta: Commercial, Companies, media

Users who are viewing this thread

Back