• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I Don't Want To Be A Criminal! [Sekirei]

[X] Still time to retreat!

To be honest, I'm kind of AMAZED that the teleporter was able to throw the knife accurately DESPITE the pain, the penalty to coordination and SAFELY teleport.

Biigoh said:
To be honest, I'm kind of AMAZED that the teleporter was able to throw the knife accurately DESPITE the pain, the penalty to coordination and SAFELY teleport.

She was aiming for your throat. Also she just fell into her own shadow, it's a rather uncomplicated method of teleportation that uses gates rather than all the complicated physics knowledge needed to Displace or replace matter.

[X] Fight!

Like Hell were running away now. We've got her on the ropes! This might just be the chance we need to help with some of our significant self esteem issues!

We could actually Win this fight, if we don't run!

[X] Fight or Flight.

Quickly you switch your Headphones back on. Blocking out your own attacks had no advantage now that you have nothing to attack in the first place, besides you needed to be able to track her to avoid getting stabbed from behind. You weigh your options and realize grimly that you probably aren't going to be getting out of this alive.

If you continued to fight her off you can see what would happen. She would wait until she had the perfect opportunity to drop you, most likily the moment you inhaled to let out another screech. You had caught her by surprise the first 2 times and she'd know not to give you the chance. You had no idea if she was close enough to hear you or waiting in some nearby building watching, so you couldn't just let out a continuous sound in the vague hope she would hear it. You still need to breath after all and the moment you stopped to take breath she'd be on you. Even if she didn't bother attacking you it'd be childs play for her to just wait you out until you lost too much stamina to continue, you'd been stabbed and are currently bleeding out quite a bit. You'd suffer a level 1 termination automatically if you pushed yourself to far.

Running also looked bleak. Again because of the stab wound. You're not a fighter, you don't really have much experiance playing through the pain. She'd catc you in no time flat. Or just send another dagger into your back...

[X] Fight
[X] Flee
[X] write in

So she'll attack if we screech.

Anything we can do while humming or whistling or something? Pull off some sound wave that just makes them feel drowsy?

Or echo-location. We have sensitive ears. We might pull it off, and locating her would be a good start. Especially if she doesn't realize we've located her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So she'll attack if we screech.

Anything we can do while humming or whistling or something? Pull off some sound wave that just makes them feel drowsy?

Or echo-location. We have sensitive ears. We might pull it off, and locating her would be a good start. Especially if she doesn't realize we've located her.

No she'll stay away while you screech and attack the moment you stop, and you will have to eventually.

Humming and non obvious uses might actually work! You'll have to come up with the idea though. She'll stay away until she's sure you won't be able to effect her, she's smart even if a bit over confident.

Echo location is unnecessary, the moment she moves you'll be able to tell her location from that fluttering cloak of hers.

Hey, I had a thought. Can we use our voice like a Dog Whistle?

If so, that's a thing we should remember for later.

But if we Can use our voice like a dog whistle, that means we can sing in frequencies beyond human hearing. I mean, with Perfect voice control, I expect we can shatter glass easy peasy.

Can we shatter stone?

If no stone shatter...

Can we pull a Siren? Sing a sound that hits Right in the happy center of the brain, something that makes her come to us and stuff? Becoming able to produce Sekirei Catnip on demand would be Hilariously awesome, I think.

Still thinking of other ideas.

Mmm, wouldn't be aiming for big dramatic stuff just yet. Right now I'm toying with the idea of humming or whistling at pitches outside normal hearing ranges that still have effects. Or just the right frequency to screw up internal systems.

Like the vestibular system or cochlea in the ear. Ruin the cochlea and the ability to hear, and then they can't hear us or other people. Which is great, because if they can't hear us they can't hear what we're doing and we can forgo being subtle. N

Fucking up vestibular system, assuming Sekirei have one, is pretty much "Ahahahaaaaaa, balance. Wasn't it great when you still had it?"

The trick would be keeping us from being hit too. And how we hit on the right frequency to nail a target in an unknown location though.

[X] Fight or Flight?

It didn't come up often in conversation but you were a firm believer in the supernatural. You a freaking alien with super powers, who are you to be skeptical? One of the many things you believed in was Reincarnation, the transmigration of the soul to another body after death, an endless wheel of death and rebirth. You also believed that in a past life you were a great person of significance, proud and strong. So right now when you found your self with only two options you found the choice obvious.

1) Fight like a respectable member of your proud warrior species and go down in glory or 2) Run away screaming like little girl and hope you don't get shot in the back.

Yup #2 sounds great! It was definitely the number for you! It was your firm conviction you were once a brave heroic soul who unfortunately in this incarnation, has been given the body of an abject coward. And with any luck you won't get to see if you get luckier next life any time soon.

And with that you pull out the knife and take off at full sprint to the now unguarded ally entrance. Screaming of course. Oh God, please don't make me die today! Tomorrow would be so much better!

What? Cowards may die a thousand deaths but tat just means they live a thousand lives too! People tend to be surprised how beneficial pragmatic cowardice and apathy really is. Besides to you a coward is someone who's sense of self-preservation acts normally.

It hurts like a bitch to run. Not only from getting blasted into the wall but also from aggravating a rather deep wound in your stomach. Seriously it's like every step makes you relive getting stabbed. Which is why your screams for help were liberally peppered with expletives at a roughly 5:1 ratio and sounded like they came from a strangled cat/badger hybrid.

Somehow you make it out without any sign of opposition. Did she just leave? Did she actually just give up on terminating you? Experience says "There is no goddamn way you can be that lucky." but you just can't stop that desperate shred of hope from spreading. And you soon burst out into a large crowd gather near the entrance, no doubt having heard the commotion caused by the last minute or so of altercation. You nearly tackle a nearby woman into the ground as you charge at and grab her.

"Call, an ambulance," You huff out and take a moment to examine her while you catch your breath. Blonde, a green ribbon in her hair, and an outfit that looked quite a bit like a cheerleader uniform with a coat, "And the police. Crazy knife bitch... Trying to stab me."

Your legs give out and your head feels fuzzy, you practically fall on top of the startled girl. You look down at your legs to see just why they seemed to feel so numb.

"...That's a lot of blood."

You feel your support moving under you and you grab on try your best to adjust so not to fall on the ground. You feel an arm go around your waist to keep you up and she begins leading you somewhere.

"Crap crap crap... Look I don't think that's such a good Idea. H-how about you come with me I know someone who can help ya."

Huh? You're hurt why not go to the hospital?

"Err, It'll take forever to get here, traffic y'know... Look my friend lives pretty close to here, he's a doctor doesn't ask questions. I can take you there lickity split!"

You feel something is off about this and are reluctant, though you can neither pinpoint why nor work up the will power to refuse when she starts to pick you up bridal style at the moment. Probably the blood loss, you still squirm though.

"Whoa! Careful or I might drop ya! Look it's okay, would it help if I todya my name?" You squirm, though you're slowing down, getting very tired now. Kinda cold too, "It's Kuruse, ...oh shit, stay with me!"

Huh, the girl looks kinda cute panicking like that...

[X] Keep stuggling! Maybe shout to get some attention.
[X] Let her take you to her friend. Seems legit...
[X] Write in.

Yep. :3 Suicidal option is good.

I'm pretty sure we're going with her wether we want to or not, considering our blood loss. Eh, if this backfires, then what the hey.

I dunno. Even if the girl and her friend are on the level, being taken to someplace out of public sight seems asking for our pursuit to close distance and finish us off. Possibly while we're unconscious.

Kinda depends how mean the GM is being this early on when he wrote this encounter.

[X] Stop struggling.
[X] Go with the stranger offering candymedical help to her windowless van an unknown location.
[X] Seems legit, what could possibly go wrong?

It's probably telling about the blood loss and possible concision from earlier that this plan of action seems entirely logical and intelligent. You simply relax in her arms and enjoy the warming comfort. You feel strangely sleepy too, though something tells you it would be a bad idea to succumb to the sandman just yet.

You begin to drift in and out, the motion of her running and jumping while holding you is quite comfortable. You aren't really sure how long it's been when she finally stops on a particular ledge, only that your pretty sure she probably could have just dropped you off at a hospital in far less time. She bangs on the glass shouting until a young man opens it, where she rushes in and dumps you unceremoniously on the couch, eliciting a groan. Your eyes are going fuzzy again, but you see the girl Kurumi? yelling at the man and the man speaking back calmly and something yellow and black vaguely man shaped off to the side. The words are clear to you, though for some reason the meaning seems lost to you.

You feel so sleepy... Maybe if you rested your eyes for just a moment it wouldn't hurt...

The yellow one moves and the two stop talking. Then your vision is filled with the girl's shouting face. She's shaking you and rears her hand back before the man restrains her, hands her off to the yellow one than lowers himself towards you. You absently not he has glasses.

The next few minutes are a blur of motion, discomfort, dull pain, blurring something, and all around unpleasantness. Like a bad dream from eating greasy food before bed. Eventually it stops, but the dull ache just remains. You feel the darkness invading on the edge of your eyes. One last thought occurs to you.

Should have just stayed home today.

[X] Continue?
[X] Intermission?

Also does anyone know why Hikari and Hibiki attacked unwinged Sekirei? I tried the wiki and it just says they did but not why. They didn't try to give them to Seo since they don't want him to wing more, they can't really stop a Sekirei without killing or seriously injuring it which doesn't seem like something they'd do. So why do they go out of their way to confront all these Sekirei before they are legitimate targets?

Master of Squirrel-fu said:
Also does anyone know why Hikari and Hibiki attacked unwinged Sekirei? I tried the wiki and it just says they did but not why. They didn't try to give them to Seo since they don't want him to wing more, they can't really stop a Sekirei without killing or seriously injuring it which doesn't seem like something they'd do. So why do they go out of their way to confront all these Sekirei before they are legitimate targets?
I think it was because Sekirei are weaker before they find their Ashikabi and it's an easy way to reduce competition.
Level grinding or rather gaining combat experience might also factor into it.
Otherwise you can always just make your own stuff up since Sekirei doesn't have that much worldbuilding or depth.

Did you know that with proper skils and a wet mouth you can whistle on the inhale and exhale somewhat indefinitely?

Pipeman said:
I think it was because Sekirei are weaker before they find their Ashikabi and it's an easy way to reduce competition.
Level grinding or rather gaining combat experience might also factor into it.
Otherwise you can always just make your own stuff up since Sekirei doesn't have that much worldbuilding or depth.

Yeah but they can't take the sekirei out short of killing the poor girl or banging her up so badly that she'll be forced to return to MBI. It's not like she has a crest to vanish so she won't be out until someone actually does something permanent.

Another thing I noticed on the wiki is the fucked up time scale.

21 years ago they found the ship. 1 adult; 8 embryo; 99 eggs. So at oldest none of them (besides Miya) can be older than 21

Not too long after that Miya, the one adult, is fighting along side adult aged Matsu, Karasuba, Kazehana, Yume, and Mutsu. All while everyone else is still an egg some how. The other girls are clearly at least in their late teens! And then at some point Musubi was kidnapped after Miya left and she was a little girl. And Miya's husband can't have died that long ago either, since he was employed and friends with Seo who is 25 currently. How old is every one!? When did any of this happen!?

And this isn't even touching on Sanada's loli sekirei. Really the only explanation is they speed grew the birds like imperial storm troopers

Honestly, all of that's more or less the result of there not being any actual effort put into the setting of Sekirei.
As for the having to kill unwinged Sekirei thing, there are, I think, five different stages of termination, whereby the first one is the crest thing and level five is basically killing them, which indicates that Sekirei have a rather large spectrum of damage that can cause them to shut down without actually being killed or seriously/visibly hurt.
Sekirei in general don't seem to be wounded by attacks so much as losing hitpoints and suffering clothing damage, though that may be more because of its genre and you may choose to ignore.
My personal theory was that Sekirei shut down as soon as they can't continue the battle as a sort of safety feature.

Edit:
Here's the incredibly scene where Musubi is "terminated" for about five seconds:
http://mangafox.me/manga/sekirei/v05/c046/19.html
Beating her up enough, without actually breaking bones or causing wounds, seemed to be enough to cause that.
A couple of lightning bolts to the face should cause the same and doesn't seem too brutal a thing for the twins to do.

Pipeman said:
Honestly, all of that's more or less the result of there not being any actual effort put into the setting of Sekirei.
As for the having to kill unwinged Sekirei thing, there are, I think, five different stages of termination, whereby the first one is the crest thing and level five is basically killing them, which indicates that Sekirei have a rather large spectrum of damage that can cause them to shut down without actually being killed or seriously/visibly hurt.
Sekirei in general don't seem to be wounded by attacks so much as losing hitpoints and suffering clothing damage, though that may be more because of its genre and you may choose to ignore.
My personal theory was that Sekirei shut down as soon as they can't continue the battle as a sort of safety feature.

Edit:
Here's the incredibly scene where Musubi is "terminated" for about five seconds:
http://mangafox.me/manga/sekirei/v05/c046/19.html
Beating her up enough, without actually breaking bones or causing wounds, seemed to be enough to cause that.
A couple of lightning bolts to the face should cause the same and doesn't seem too brutal a thing for the twins to do.

Why do people keep linking to mangafox? 9 times out of 10 I can't see shit. Also they are still winged, you can't terminate someone who hasn't actually started yet. It's like running around and shouting check mate at everyone in a chess tournament the day before it starts.

Master of Squirrel-fu said:
Why do people keep linking to mangafox? 9 times out of 10 I can't see shit. Also they are still winged, you can't terminate someone who hasn't actually started yet. It's like running around and shouting check mate at everyone in a chess tournament the day before it starts.
Never had any problems with mangafox myself, which may be why I'm linking it.

Also, is there the "unwinged Sekirei can't be terminated" thing canon?
I can't really recall it ever turning up and confirming it one way or another, but I always assumed that they can still be terminated through the pure force approach without killing them for the simple reason that the twins' actions wouldn't make any sense otherwise or, if they were planning to actually kill their opponents, seem rather OOC.

if i remember correctly the reason they went after the unwinged is because they didn't want them to be stuck with layabouts (or worse) like their Ashikabi.
also if it helps the really advanced tech on that ship was what made MBI the worlds leading Biotech corporation so they might have run the first few through the stuff on the ship to see how it works or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back