• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I think we should spend our training time on more Martial Arts training. It's our primary combat stat and it's at 2 out of 5.

What we really should spend time in are our actual favored skills and getting all their excellencies and new spells for them.

We are a wizards kung fu aside and we just jumped up a lot of points on those scales.

Fellgar said:
I believe we would be best served training medicine for now. Just to get the first dot in it. Thats all I want us to get at the moment. Based off how quickly we learn new skills we generally want to pick up the first dot in just about every skill. That way we can just spend EXP to improve it when it comes up in story.
Medicine is a bad idea. Solar Medicine charms actually don't have much to do with healing battle wounds and stuff, it's more in the vein of curing cancer and fighting epidemics and stuff. Asia has better healing powers than we can have right now, it's just not worth the investment when we're still trying to get our combat skills up to par.

Smuthunter said:
Medicine is a bad idea. Solar Medicine charms actually don't have much to do with healing battle wounds and stuff, it's more in the vein of curing cancer and fighting epidemics and stuff. Asia has better healing powers than we can have right now, it's just not worth the investment when we're still trying to get our combat skills up to par.

Precisely why we want to teach asia these skills as soon as possible. We are kind of the only person able to learn this until we get around to making everyone learn as fast as we can with our pawn system.

Fellgar said:
Precisely why we want to teach asia these skills as soon as possible.
Asia cannot learn Solar charms. I don't expect that to change even when we finish researching the evil pieces. And as I've said, her own Twilight Healing is already better than anything we could teach her. It's a waste of time and EXP which we need to spend on buffing our combat stats so we don't die horribly when we start fighting Vali and friends.

Smuthunter said:
Asia cannot learn Solar charms. I don't expect that to change even when we finish researching the evil pieces. And as I've said, her own Twilight Healing is already better than anything we could teach her. It's a waste of time and EXP which we need to spend on buffing our combat stats so we don't die horribly when we start fighting Vali and friends.

... what does that have to do with anything about what I said?

Fellgar said:
... what does that have to do with anything about what I said?
You want us to learn medicine so we can teach Asia about medicine. I assumed you were referring to charms, since just having dots in Medicine is of no benefit when Asia has Twilight Healing. When she can just wave her hands and make injuries disappear, she doesn't need to know the first thing about healing them the normal way.

It's not worth it unless we can use lore and medicine charms to study twilight healing and mass produce a way for it to large swaths of people. Or Artifact to allow Asia to do so.

But honestly in battle we should focus on the wizard part of kung fu wizard.

It comes faster, easier and cheaper. We can rock Dodge, Res, and Athletic Charms and Lore and Occult Charms with an Attack Magic systems that's an order of a magnitude faster and more localised than Sorcery.

Larekko12 said:
It's not worth it unless we can use lore and medicine charms to study twilight healing and mass produce a way for it to large swaths of people. Or Artifact to allow Asia to do so.

But honestly in battle we should focus on the wizard part of kung fu wizard.

It comes faster, easier and cheaper. We can rock Dodge, Res, and Athletic Charms and Lore and Occult Charms with an Attack Magic systems that's an order of a magnitude faster and more localised than Sorcery.
Eh, I don't know about that. DxD magic is useful, but is it more powerful than our native martial arts charms?

Smuthunter said:
Eh, I don't know about that. DxD magic is useful, but is it more powerful than our native martial arts charms?
More useful.

Like a fighter versus a wizard.

WE get more all around useful bang for our buck with our favored stuff and it seems like DxD Magic is effeicient enough to turn the Martial Arts vs Sorcery thing around in personal combat.

And beside we have an attack charm line who's accuracy is keyed off of athletics which we favor.

And with the limits on the re imagined Booster it seems more compatible with blasting. We're burning through alot getting all martial artsy.

Not to mention spells DxD spell seem to come waay cheeper than our native stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smuthunter said:

well, our main "go to" attack right now seems to be holy-fireball.

You know, I see all the ways talked about to deal with Raiser and I cannot help but think Alexander may just have something special in mind.

We managed to get Devils fertility charms to help. What are the odds it may have changed some things a bit?

I think you're seriously underestimating how strong native Solar Charms are. These are the guys that killed the beings that created the world and didn't know the concept of death. I want to see someone try to do that with DxD magic.

Eler0 said:
I think you're seriously underestimating how strong native Solar Charms are. These are the guys that killed the beings that created the world and didn't know the concept of death. I want to see someone try to do that with DxD magic.

can we get godkilling charms right now?

actually, i know nothing about solar combat charms at all.

do we have anything that doesn't boil down to "punch it in the face"

no?

then i suggest learning lightning bolt.

it's single target, which makes it useful for a ranged attack when we can't (or don't want to) use and aoe like fireball.

also, it's probably a real bitch to dodge.

iamnuff said:
can we get godkilling charms right now?
Sure. Ghost-Eating Technique is only a charm or two deep in the Solar Occult charm tree. Of course that charm is made for use against Exalted gods, who just regenerate after a while if you destroy their physical forms. DxD gods are rather more powerful than we can handle right now, and that's not going to change for a while.

iamnuff said:
then i suggest learning lightning bolt.

it's single target, which makes it useful for a ranged attack when we can't (or don't want to) use and aoe like fireball.

also, it's probably a real bitch to dodge.
Do you know what's even more of a bitch to dodge? Shockwave Technique, because it's undodgeable and we can make it unblockable as well.

And it only costs 4 motes, that's as much as a maxed-out fireball that'll do 4L if it hits.

Eler0 said:
Do you know what's even more of a bitch to dodge? Shockwave Technique, because it's undodgeable and we can make it unblockable as well.

And it only costs 4 motes, that's as much as a maxed-out fireball that'll do 4L if it hits.

elaborate please.

what is it, what does it do?

sonic clap style thing, or "kung fu style" wind-pressure punches?

how hard does it hit?

mostly, i suggested lighting because our only ranged attacks are "fuck-you-and-everyone-behind-you" dragon wave, or Fireball.

I'm was looking for a hard to dodge (lighting fast?) single target thing.

something we can slap Castigating Judgement on for bonus damage.

then, with both long range options covered (snipe, and aoe) we can look into getting some hand to hand "fuck you up in melee" charms.

after that, it's just a matter of stacking modifiers and finding ways to throw more damage on each.

"Monkey leap" can get us into melee from any range, right? even against flying enemies?

iamnuff said:
elaborate please.

Shockwave Technique
Cost: 5m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Speed 5, DV -1)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Hero
Duration: Instant
Prerequisites: Heaven Thunder Hammer, Crashing Wave Throw, Ox-Stunning Blow, Hammer on Iron Technique.

The hero burns with Essence, then strikes a blow so mighty that it sends shockwaves rippling through the fabric of the world. This Charm produces a single unarmed Martial Arts attack that is applied to everything within Essence yards of the chosen target except the pugilist herself. As this is a single blow that strikes multiple targets, Charms and other effects are activated and paid for only once.

Hero: Solar Exalted pay 3m instead of 5m, use the higher of Martial Arts or Essence to determine area of effect, and may selectively exempt any targets they do not wish to hit from the attack. Prerequisite is Heaven Thunder Hammer.

so we make an attack (punch someone) and if it hits, we get to launch them as a missle?

and only the Human Missile is unblockable? so against a single target it's just a punch/throw combo?

I saw your edit: what attack did you (mis)quote first? "throwing dudes at other dudes" is one of my favourite moves!

anyway, about the move itself, an AOE melee attack?
As this is a single blow that strikes multiple targets, Charms and other effects are activated and paid for only once.
which we can use as a vector to apply other combat charms to multiple people at once(apparently?)

where does it say how hard it hits? how much damage it does?

also, i decided to google our combat style to get a better grip on what we can do.

I thought Solar Hero Style and Fist of the Daystar was diffrent things?

are they not?

because i'm really digging Sledgehammer Fist Punch

Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords
: Combo-OK, Hero
Duration: Instant
Prerequisites: Fists of Iron Technique

The pugilist's anima blazes for a moment, fierce and powerful, and she strikes like the judgement of the Unconquered Sun. This Charm supplements an unarmed Martial Arts attack, doubling base damage. Against inanimate objects, it doubles raw damage instead. This alternate use was known in the First Age as the Pillar-Breaking Blow.

Hero: For Solar Exalted, this Charm is Reflexive (Step 1) and costs 1 mote.

so, for a single mote, we get to double the BASE damage of a punch?

so what happens if we use boosted gear?

also, fists of iron looks sweet too.

iamnuff said:
elaborate please.

sonic clap style thing, or "kung fu style" wind-pressure punches?

how hard does it hit?

mostly, i suggested lighting because our only ranged attacks are "fuck-you-and-everyone-behind-you" dragon wave, or Fireball.

I'm was looking for a hard to dodge (lighting fast?) single target thing.

something we can slap Castigating Judgement on for bonus damage.

then, with both long range options covered (snipe, and aoe) we can look into getting some hand to hand "fuck you up in melee" charms.

after that, it's just a matter of stacking modifiers and finding ways to throw more damage on each.

"Monkey leap" can get us into melee from any range, right? even against flying enemies?
It's "a blow so mighty that it sends a shockwave through the fabric of the world." and hits everyone within [higher of Martial Arts and Essence] yards. We can apply all our other Charms to this attack, so how hard it hits depends on how many we want to use, but most are scene-long effects we'd want to activate in every fight. As an example, our Sacred Gear does 5B, Fist of Iron turns that Lethal, so 5L. Orichalcum Fists of Battle adds 5 damage to that, giving us 10L (Aggravated against Creatures of Darkness). Fist of the Daystar Form adds 3, so we're at 13L. Sledgehammer Fist Punch doubles this number, giving us 26L. Ox-Stunning Blow let's us ignore the target's non-magical soak and all natural soak and adds a -1 penalty to the target for every level of damage it takes.
Finally, Heaven Thunder Hammer let's us hammer our target to pulp, knocking it away, up or in the ground and dealing 26B (plus eventual falling damage from being punched 26 yards in the air).
I ignored additional damage from left-over successes on the attack roll and probably made some mistakes, but we should deal roughly 13L and 13B damage and inflict a -26 dice penalty on whoever we hit, and with Shockwave Technique we can hit everyone at the same time for the cost of one.
For reference, we have like 7 health-levels.

Eler0 said:

not sure about the rest, but Sledgehammer Fist Punch doubles BASE damage, not your damage after slapping all your other charms and shit onto it.

atleast, that what i read, through i have no idea which version of anything we are using.

a lot of the charm lists for this style seems to be fan-revisions too.

has alex mentioned we are using a specific version? if so, can i get a link to it?

anyway, about the combo,

we would need to blow a ton of motes on a single attack, but it would be a awesome

also, that combo requires the use of a bunch of charms we don't have yet.

anyway,

so, if i understand this correctly, Shockwave tech doesn't actual deal damage (aside from our normal attack damage) instead it just lets us turn a single melee attack AOE?

granted, as you mentioned in your example, with the right string of charms, thats still incredibly useful, but alone its just something to let us punch five guys at once, right?

iamnuff said:
Oh, you're right, I mixed up raw and base damage. But yes, It's main use is hitting several people at the same time and being undodgeable, which is pretty useful if you want to be really sure you'll hit someone.

i have no idea which version of anything we are using.

a lot of the charm lists for this style seems to be fan-revisions too.

has alex mentioned we are using a specific version? if so, can i get a link to it?

reposting this because i added it in edit, and thats a great way to get overlooked.

awesome.

so, we need fists of iron, sledgehammer fist, Dragoncoil, then we can finally get our form charm, THEN we can get thunder-hammer.

awesome.

iamnuff said:
so we make an attack (punch someone) and if it hits, we get to launch them as a missle?

and only the Human Missile is unblockable? so against a single target it's just a punch/throw combo?

I saw your edit: what attack did you (mis)quote first? "throwing dudes at other dudes" is one of my favourite moves!
The first one I posted was the set from the core rulebook, then I remembered we're using Chung's Fist of the Daystar rewrite, which brings the power of all the charms in the set up to the level of Solar charms. Unfortunately Chung also got rid of the perfect-quality charms in the version I'm looking at, meaning the replacement for Shockwave Technique lacks the undodgable / unblockable / etc qualities. I don't know where Eler0 got this version or whether it's the one we're using or not.

Glorious Solar Bullshit at its best!

So Question. What were the organizations or teams of threats Issei & Rias fought in show? Ignore really high end threats since this is easy mode?

I'm tempted to go for this awesome charm set, but our biggest possible weakness at present is if we face an enemy targeting multiple areas simultaneously. Is that a problem we're likely to face soon or can we split our time(after this week) between learning charms & increasing our Harem's power?

Also are there any charms which halt regeneration? Some way to nosell Raiser(?)'s healing.

megrisvernin said:
So Question. What were the organizations or teams of threats Issei & Rias fought in show? Ignore really high end threats since this is easy mode?
There's a few worth mentioning:

Fallen Angels / Heaven: The other two sides of the Christianity trio, including renegades and related guys like Freed. They stop being an issue altogether after the peace treaty is negotiated in book 4, but if we fuck something up we might prevent the peace conference from happening and they could be an issue for a while longer. The Fallen Angels have Vali on their side for a little while but he changes sides and joins the Khaos Brigade in book 4.

Khaos Brigade: Terrorists with a number of motives. The group was created by Ophis, an extraordinarily powerful dragon, for the purpose of removing Great Red from the dimensional boundary. These guys are composed of a number of sub-factions who are often at cross-purposes with each other.

Old Maou Faction: The first part of the KB that we're likely to meet. This group is composed of traditionalist devils who want to restart the war with heaven and the fallen and see the current leadership as being a bunch of spineless pissants. Probably the single most two-dimensional villains in the series, their members often appear just long enough to introduce themselves and then get killed off in many of the original fight scenes.

Hero Faction: Cao Cao's faction of human warriors. The Heroes are obsessed with sacred gears and are known to kidnap gear-bearers and use them to try to unlock balance breakers by force. The Heroes are also allied with the Greek god Hades and betray Ophis in volume 11.

Team Vali: Vali and Kuroka and friends. They're also a part of the KB after they changed sides in volume 4 but they often show up to help. These guys are wild cards and Vali is less interestd in politics and more interested in settling things with Issei once he trains himself up a little.

There's also a few one-shot villains not attached to any group, like Loki.

Smuthunter said:
There's a few worth mentioning:

Fallen Angels / Heaven: The other two sides of the Christianity trio, including renegades and related guys like Freed. They stop being an issue altogether after the peace treaty is negotiated in book 4, but if we fuck something up we might prevent the peace conference from happening and they could be an issue for a while longer. The Fallen Angels have Vali on their side for a little while but he changes sides and joins the Khaos Brigade in book 4.

Khaos Brigade: Terrorists with a number of motives. The group was created by Ophis, an extraordinarily powerful dragon, for the purpose of removing Great Red from the dimensional boundary. These guys are composed of a number of sub-factions who are often at cross-purposes with each other.

Old Maou Faction: The first part of the KB that we're likely to meet. This group is composed of traditionalist devils who want to restart the war with heaven and the fallen and see the current leadership as being a bunch of spineless pissants. Probably the single most two-dimensional villains in the series, their members often appear just long enough to introduce themselves and then get killed off in many of the original fight scenes.

Hero Faction: Cao Cao's faction of human warriors. The Heroes are obsessed with sacred gears and are known to kidnap gear-bearers and use them to try to unlock balance breakers by force. The Heroes are also allied with the Greek god Hades and betray Ophis in volume 11.

Team Vali: Vali and Kuroka and friends. They're also a part of the KB after they changed sides in volume 4 but they often show up to help. These guys are wild cards and Vali is less interestd in politics and more interested in settling things with Issei once he trains himself up a little.

There's also a few one-shot villains not attached to any group, like Loki.
I appreciate the breakdown.

Did any of the groups attack on mass? Or did they strike multiple targets in series? Being able to target multiple opponents would be really helpful for the former, increasing our harem's combat potential further helps more with the later since it allows us to split the party if need be & have them combat capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back