• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:

another very good response.

I agree she probably knows about the church incident. In fact aren't Kalawiner and Donasheek teachers at Kuoh now? Of so then she must have been informed why two fallen angels at teaching at the school and are now part of Rias peerage.

Since we're trying to convince her to do us a favor with the garden; lying to her would be counterproductive to getting her on our good side and doing said favor

Nevermind what I suggested at the top of the page, I see...

As for emphasis. Why not frame it that we think far too much of the time our classmates spend in class is on gossip, social hierarchies, & who is more attractive to whom. That we think by having something alive & vibrant they pass by each day, it might remind them of the real things around them instead of the virtual worlds we find themselves spending far too much of their time.

In a way this is a perfectly IC argument for Issei to make.
1) As a social pariah he's had first hand experience just how much time students spend on gossip, on social hierarchy & something as fruitless as ranking whose most attractive
2) As a guy around attractive women a lot I'm sure Issei is ...irritated how much time & energy other males spend jealous at him, how much they focus on the women around them instead of thinking about improving themselves, instead of doing something useful like learning
3) All the important women in Issei's life have given him something to strive for, something worth spending his time & effort to protect. By providing his fellow students something vibrant, something real & beautiful to focus on Issei can hope to help remind them of the beautiful things in their own lives they overlook worth looking after...

Something like

"Well I appreciate you seeing me today Sitri-san. I'm sure this request must seem odd coming from someone like me, I don't exactly have the most stellar reputation. A lot of my classmates think me as the odd-guy out & I'm sure there are other nasty rumors floating around about me. But in this case I think being on the outside has let me make an observation that's bothered me a lot. Frankly most of my classmates...they spend a lot of their attention during the day just focusing on unimportant stuff. There's a lot of jockeying for social status, who is better than who, who goes out with whom, &...honestly among the guys what girls rankest most attractive. I realized a while ago just how...petty all of it was, how...it was distracting from noticing the things around me that were important that we should be doing, like learning. When I visited a local shrine where some of our underclassmen volunteer, it was very enlightening to see the focus on nature & life, an emphasis on something so very real that effects all of our lives, that I had myself overlooked and this brings me back to why I've come today.

I want to have a flower display because ...I want something vibrant , something alive that they can enjoy which should remind them about the real world around them instead of the virtual worlds & social hierarchies that they've constructed. A chance for contemplation & relaxation, an escape from the endless social competition that goes on. Something to maybe encourage them to spend their effort towards projects which actually bear fruit, that provide lasting tangible benefits instead of all the pointless displays I see my classmates go through each day. Ideally maybe a place where students work with each other out of class, where the beauty around them is more appealing than any gossip or online post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megaolix said:
Nevermind what I suggested at the top of the page, I see...

It's an honest argument but I'm not sure why it's something Sona would care about. How does this help students out? How does this let them perform better in classes or reduce their stress.

megrisvernin said:
"Well I appreciate you seeing me today Sitri-san. I'm sure this request must seem odd coming from someone like me, I don't exactly have the most stellar reputation. A lot of my classmates think me as the odd-guy out & I'm sure there are other nasty rumors floating around. But in this case I think it's help give me a chance for introspection & an opportunity to make an observation that bothered me a lot. Frankly at least to a lot of my classmates...they spend a lot of their attention during the day just focusing on unimportant stuff. There's a lot of jockeying for social status, who is better than who, who goes out with whom, &...honestly among the guys what girls rankest most attractive. I realized a while ago just how...petty all of it was, how...it was distracting from noticing the things around me that were important that we should be doing, like learning. When I visited a local shrine where some of our underclassmen volunteer, it was very enlightening to see the focus on nature & life, an emphasis on something so very real that effects all of our lives, that I had myself overlooked and this brings me back to why I've come today.

I want to have a flower display because ...I want something vibrant , something alive that they can enjoy which should remind them about the real world around them instead of the virtual worlds & social hierarchies that they've constructed. A chance for contemplation & relaxation, an escape from the endless social competition that goes on. Something to maybe encourage them to spend their effort towards projects which actually bear fruit, that provide lasting tangible benefits instead of all the pointless displays I see my classmates go through each day. Ideally maybe a place where students work with each other out of class, where the beauty around them is more appealing than any gossip or online post.

I like this.

It seems kind of iffy to me. I mean, considering who we were. I don't think we can really question people having skewed priorities.

I do like the thought about creating a sanctuary though. A place where students can get away from the daily grind a bit. Just not the current reason.

I don't like it. You're laying it on with the flowery language WAY, WAY too thick, megrisvernin. And there's too much spent on justifying yourself in the first part. And the second part... It's ultimately a big fat lie to hide the true reason.

megrisvernin said:
It's an honest argument but I'm not sure why it's something Sona would care about. How does this help students out? How does this let them perform better in classes or reduce their stress.
What?

Well, fine. You what an argument for why the school would allow it? How about it makes the school front look even better? How about that given our reputation, hearing that we lead such a project would encoruage others on their owns things?

Lon said:
It seems kind of iffy to me. I mean, considering who we were. I don't think we can really question people having skewed priorities.

I do like the thought about creating a sanctuary though. A place where students can get away from the daily grind a bit. Just not the current reason.

Is it? I think Issei might make a few...uncomfortable discoveries about who he used to be.

Issei used to be one of the guys staring at him in jealous with the attractive girls around him. One of those males wasting all their time & energy wishing to be him instead of improving themselves as someone girls want to be with.

Think about the way Issei is dedicating to improving himself, to being someone to be able to protect the important women in his life.

Megaolix said:
I don't like it. You're laying it on with the flowery language WAY, WAY too thick, megrisvernin. And there's too much spent on justifying yourself in the first part. And the second part... It's ultimately a big fat lie to hide the true reason.
What?

Well, fine. You what an argument for why the school would allow it? How about it makes the school front look even better? How about that given our reputation, hearing that we lead such a project would encoruage others on their owns things?

Hmm. I agree with you on the first part a lot. It's far too heavy on exposition & it isn't a good sell. I'll rework it in a few hours after more criticism has come through.

As for the second part is a bit reaching. I'll see if I can word it so it's more IC. The improving the beauty of the school is a good point. Do we actually have a good reputation mundane wise among our classmates?

On a side note I sort of want to work in that we can tell Sona & the other members of the student government are uncomfortable. Part of me is amused to have Issei comment that we know its odd for us to make this request given our former reputation in our class as a social pariah.

Explaining that we we know that it's because we had a bad reputation in our class, as opposed to Issei's actions in Explaining that we know it's an odd request because of our reputation in our class,

Megaolix said:
Perverted Trio. That should tell you enough, which is why it's better to be more honest here.

We can spin that. Act like Issei is interpreting their being confused about him making this request because of his reputation as a member of the Perverted Trio, instead of, you know, all the crazy things we've done as a member of Rias's Peerage.

megrisvernin said:
We can spin that. Act like Issei is interpreting their being confused about him making this request because of his reputation as a member of the Perverted Trio, instead of, you know, all the crazy things we've done as a member of Rias's Peerage.
We're not part of the peerage, remember.

megrisvernin said:
You said you haven't read the books, right? Well let me tell you; Sona is not someone who likes being given the run-around. There is almost no reason not to just tell her about the fertility charms being made for devils. Hell, she wants to open a school, so there being more devil children is even more of interest to her than most devils.

John At DAwn said:
You said you haven't read the books, right? Well let me tell you; Sona is not someone who likes being given the run-around. There is almost no reason not to just tell her about the fertility charms being made for devils. Hell, she wants to open a school, so there being more devil children is even more of interest to her than most devils.

Also Sona is very smart and perceptive so she could probably see us trying to lead her on.

John At DAwn said:

Hrrm.

This is a good argument. I don't have a good feel for Sona's character so I'll defer at this moment.

I'll admit. It's hard to make a justification for them that doesn't include the supernatural,

I do think the sanctuary aspect of the idea of improving the garden makes sense.

Smuthunter said:
This. Absolutely this. Sona is very straightforward and does not tolerate bullshit from people. She's also a pretty good tactician and has a wickedly sharp mind. Lying to her or trying to bend the truth is going to get us thrown out of her office, or at the very least make her less likely to consider our proposal.

John At DAwn said:
This. Absolutely this. Sona is very straightforward and does not tolerate bullshit from people. She's also a pretty good tactician and has a wickedly sharp mind. Lying to her or trying to bend the truth is going to get us thrown out of her office, or at the very least make her less likely to consider our proposal.

Smuthunter said:

Hrrm. Well in that case I can't think of a good way to present the floral display without bringing up the supernatural & the status of the temple.

I'll wait a few hours to see what arguments you guys have.

Which is way I went how I did on what I suggested: no lie and subtle opening on the supernatural, because she would understand the meaning of a shrine. And we give her the opening and the choice to bring the supernatural into the discussion or not.

Megaolix said:
Which is way I went how I did on what I suggested: no lie and subtle opening on the supernatural, because she would understand the meaning of a shrine. And we give her the opening and the choice to bring the supernatural into the discussion or not.

Hrrrm.

Megalix's plan is a good start. I like letting Sona dictate how much of the supernatural she's willing to bring into this conversation.

megrisvernin said:
Hrrm. Well in that case I can't think of a good way to present the floral display without bringing up the supernatural & the status of the temple.
No, what I'm saying is that we absolutely should mention that this is for the temple.

megrisvernin said:

I'll wait a few hours to see what arguments you guys have.
[X] Plan Smuthunter [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit]

---

"Okay, first I want to lay everything on the table. I know you're both devils, and I'm pretty sure Rias has told you about what I've been up to in the last week or two. Right?"

(If they respond in the negative then tell them about Tomofuri's temple and the fertility charms)

"But there's a catch: Tomofuri-san needs more worship in order to have enough power to make all the talismans that the devils will need. To get that power he needs more people worshiping at his temple, so we need to "advertise" for him, so to speak. Now, obviously I can't go around saying things like "Hey, how would you like to get pregnant more easily!" But Tomofuri-san's charms also work on plants and animals. So I thought, 'Let's plant some flowers around the school with charms placed near them and let the rumor mill do the advertising for us!' With your permission taichou, I believe I can get the ball rolling on something that will be of great benefit to devil society as a whole, and also make the school grounds look nicer at the same time!"

So, what happened to the advice of 'Don't bring it up if they don't bring it up'?

Smuthunter said:
[X] Plan Smuthunter [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit]

---

"Okay, first I want to lay everything on the table. I know you're both devils, and I'm pretty sure Rias has told you about what I've been up to in the last week or two. Right?"

(If they respond in the negative then tell them about Tomofuri's temple and the fertility charms)

"But there's a catch: Tomofuri-san needs more worship in order to have enough power to make all the talismans that the devils will need. To get that power he needs more people worshiping at his temple, so we need to "advertise" for him, so to speak. Now, obviously I can't go around saying things like "Hey, how would you like to get pregnant more easily!" But Tomofuri-san's charms also work on plants and animals. So I thought, 'Let's plant some flowers around the school with charms placed near them and let the rumor mill do the advertising for us!' With your permission taichou, I believe I can get the ball rolling on something that will be of great benefit to devil society as a whole!"

It's more overt than I would like...but well written nonetheless.

Megaolix said:
So, what happened to the advice of 'Don't bring it up if they don't bring it up'?
I ignored it because subtlety is dumb when we're dealing with Sona and we have no reason to hide things from her.

Smuthunter said:
I ignored it because subtlety is dumb when we're dealing with Sona and we have no reason to hide things from her.

Being straightforward has its merits if handled well. Sona is clearly a little caught off guard by our arrival.

If you go that tract, the key is keeping some momentum on our side & keeping Sona a little off-balance giving her enough time to make sure we're not tricking her but not enough to say come up with a counterproposal.

megrisvernin said:
Being straightforward has its merits if handled well. Sona is clearly a little caught off guard by our arrival.

If you go that tract, the key is keeping some momentum on our side & keeping Sona a little off-balance giving her enough time to make sure we're not tricking her but not enough to say come up with a counterproposal.
And also because we're throwing buckets of dice at her and we're probably hitting several of her intimacies by saying "this will benefit devils" and "this will benefit the school." She might still burn a point of willpower to ignore our suggestion but we're really not giving her any reasons to do so aside from her maybe not wanting to associate with the Japanese pantheon, but if that's her sticking point then we're screwed either way since we can't hide the shrine's involvement.

Smuthunter said:
And also because we're throwing buckets of dice at her and we're probably hitting several of her intimacies by saying "this will benefit devils" and "this will benefit the school." She might still burn a point of willpower to ignore our suggestion but we're really not giving her any reasons to do so aside from her maybe not wanting to associate with the Japanese pantheon, but if that's her sticking point then we're screwed either way since we can't hide the shrine's involvement.

It goes against my natural tendencies but I don't have a good grasp of her personality. It would help convince me if you could provide a time in canon where someone being upfront with her had a good outcome or attempting to be...circumspect backfired. On a side note what do you think is the probably outcome if we let Sona dictate how much of the supernatural to bring in. What would her reaction be if we gave her time & some control of the conversation?

Is there a particular floral display you think could help sell this? Something that could perhaps help beautify the school & make it easier for Sona to sell the the school authorities?

megrisvernin said:
It goes against my natural tendencies but I don't have a good grasp of her personality. It would help convince me if you could provide a time in canon where someone being upfront with her had a good outcome or attempting to be...circumspect backfired. On a side note what do you think is the probably outcome if we let Sona dictate how much of the supernatural to bring in. What would her reaction be if we gave her time & some control of the conversation?
The outcome would probably be too much discussion time wasted on an outcome that doesn't play to our strengths. We're a high-charisma and low-manipulation build. Subtlety and trying to dance around the topic does not work for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back