• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:
I hope I've covered that with the line...

Alexander is the sample vote I have provide you sufficient information on the floral arrangement & our explanation to Sona? Do you want any additional details?
Sounds good to me.

In that case I change my vote to the following. As it's based on work by Silversun & Smuthunter I ask that if you vote for it, don't vote [] Plan megrisvernin
[X]Plan Upfront

[X] [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

"Okay, first I want to lay everything on the table. I know you're both devils, and I'm pretty sure Rias has told you about what I've been up to in the last week or two. Right?"

(If they respond in the negative then tell them about Tomofuri's temple and the fertility charms)

"But there's a catch: Tomofuri-san needs more worship in order to have enough power to make all the talismans that the devils will need. To get that power he needs more people worshiping at his temple, so we need to "advertise" for him, so to speak. Now, obviously I can't go around saying things like "Hey, how would you like to get pregnant more easily!" But Tomofuri-san's charms also work on plants and animals. So I thought, 'Let's plant some flowers around the school with charms placed near them and let the rumor mill do the advertising for us!' With your permission kaichou, I believe I can get the ball rolling on something that will be of great benefit to devil society as a whole, and also make the school grounds look nicer at the same time!"

2 die stunt

You pause for a moment taking in nervous tension evident in the three before you. Briefly you considered starting slow, beginning with the shrine & trying to avoid the issue of devils & the supernatural all together unless Sona brought it up. From the discomfort evident on their faces, though, you feared if you seemed slippery or deceptive in answering her, Sona would quickly dismiss anything else you had to say.

Giving them what you thought was your best disarming smile, you gave your pitch deciding to error on the side of honesty.

As you gave your impassioned plea, you tried to gauge their reaction. Relying on your perception & wit you decided to modify the speech on the fly if they didn't seem receptive to your arguments.

Floral Display

[] The Flower bed would be made in a ring around the fountain with small cobblestone pathways allowing students to walk through it. the flowers would be devdied into four sections, two sections would have flowers matching to colors favored by the Sitri family and two would have the colors favored by the Gremory family; Marking both families' connection with school. Charms promoting the growth of the flowers would be placed in each section. The particular arrangement & choice of flowers you would leave to those more knowledgeable about what would grow well in local conditions. If there's a flower or gardening club in Kuoh perhaps you could consult with them.

I like the first part of the suggested vote , it deals with our revalations to Sona quite reasonably.

Regarding the floral arrangement though , can we skip the house colours part? It sounds a bit unnecessarily political to me. Why bring them up at all? It's not like we are here on behalf on the Gremory family , or we are negotiating with the Sitri family. Under all the supernatural trappings , we are simply a student who is approaching the Student Council President with a request. Besides , were their house colours ever mentioned in the novels? I can't seem to remember them.

I would suggest keeping the arrangement same , but going with flowers that are simply aesthetically pleasing and their blooming periods covers all the seasons between them. If we are to go with four different flowers , I'd recommend-
1) Dahlia (Summer)
2)Chrysanthemum (Fall/Winter)
3)Tulips (Spring)
4)Dianthus (All season bloom)

[Common Sense]: Brandark's flowers idea is better.

Casual variant.
[] [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

"Okay, first I want to lay everything on the table. I know you're both devils, and I'm pretty sure Rias has told you about what I've been up to in the last week or two. Right?"

(If they respond in the negative then tell them about Tomofuri's temple and the fertility charms)

"But there's a catch: Tomofuri-san needs more worship to make more than a handful of talismans a day. To get that power he needs more people worshiping at his temple, so we need to "advertise" for him, so to speak. Now, obviously I can't go around saying things like "Hey, how would you like to get pregnant more easily!" But Tomofuri-san's charms also work on plants and animals. So I thought, 'Let's plant some flowers around the school with charms placed near them and let the rumor mill do the advertising for us!' With your permission kaichou, I believe I can get the ball rolling on something that will be of great benefit to devil society as a whole, and also make the school grounds look nicer at the same time!"

2 die stunt

You pause for a moment taking in nervous tension evident in the three before you. Briefly you considered starting slow, beginning with the shrine & trying to avoid the issue of devils & the supernatural all together unless Sona brought it up. From the discomfort evident on their faces, though, you feared if you seemed slippery or deceptive in answering her, Sona would quickly dismiss anything else you had to say.

Giving them what you thought was your best disarming smile, you gave your pitch deciding to error on the side of honesty.

As you gave your impassioned plea, you tried to gauge their reaction. Relying on your perception & wit you decided to modify the speech on the fly if they didn't seem receptive to your arguments.

Floral Display

[] The Flower bed would be made in a ring around the fountain with small cobblestone pathways allowing students to walk through it. the flowers would be divided into four sections. 1) Dahlia (Summer), 2)Chrysanthemum (Fall/Winter), 3)Tulips (Spring), 4)Dianthus (All season bloom). Either way each section would have Charms promoting the growth of the flowers placed there

Last edited by a moderator:
I've modified the vote. Let me know if the above plan needs further refinement(suggest changes)

[Common Sense]: The first part is still a little casual, but it's in character for Issei.

This look good to me, formality was never Ise's thing anyway. We can just bulldoze through with sheer Charisma anyway. Everyone else agree ?

Alexander said:
[Common Sense]: The first part is still a little casual, but it's in character for Issei.
Okay , so how about this , then?
"Before I begin , I must ask , Did Rias ever mention anything about me to you?"
If the answer is negative , then ,
"I see. So , allow me to inform you that I am aware of the fact that both of you are devils , and also of the supernatural world , by and large."

The rest remains unchanged.

Brandark said:
Okay , so how about this , then?
"Before I begin , I must ask , Did Rias ever mention anything about me to you?"
"I see. So , allow me to inform you that I am aware of the fact that both of you are devils , and also of the supernatural world , by and large."

The rest remains unchanged.

The tone is good. Remember though that Rias doesn't know that we know Sona is a devil. We learned that from Abe Kiyome who Rias isn't aware we've spoken too. Even if they were in communication, Sona would still think we were likely unaware of her status.

I've changed my mind. We should be a bit more formal.

megrisvernin said:
The tone is good. Remember though that Rias doesn't know that we know Sona is a devil. Even if they were in communication, Sona would still think we were likely unaware of her status.
That's why I used Rias' first name. In Japan , addressing someone by their first name implies a great degree of familiarity . Ordinary students are not likely to do that , they worship Rias from a distance as their Onee-sama. So Sona is likely to assume that anyone who knows Rias that well and also knows of a connection between her and Rias may have a chance of knowing their real status , and approach the subject accordingly.

Brandark said:
That's why I used Rias' first name. In Japan , addressing someone by their first name implies a great degree of familiarity . Ordinary students are not likely to do that , they worship Rias from a distance as their Onee-sama. So Sona is likely to assume that anyone who knows Rias that well and also knows of a connection between her and Rias may have a chance of knowing their real status , and approach the subject accordingly.

I'm not opposed to this rewording. How do we bring up the subject of Tomofuri-san?

Are you suggesting wording like...

"Before I begin , I must ask , Did Rias ever mention anything about me to you? & about what've been doing for her over the past few weeks?
"I see. So , allow me to inform you that I am aware of the fact that both of you are devils , and also of the supernatural world , by and large. Recently I was able to assist a Kami in reestablishing his shrine. In exchange he's been providing charms which can enhance fertility including for devils.

"But there's a catch....: !"[/i]

Formal Test Plan Variant.

Is this better?

Tentative Plan
[] [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

"Before I begin , I must ask , Did Rias ever mention anything about me to you? & about what I've been doing for her over the past few weeks?
"I see. So , allow me to inform you that I am aware of the fact that both of you are devils , and also of the supernatural world , by and large. Recently I was able to assist a Kami in reestablishing his shrine. In exchange he's been providing charms which can enhance fertility including for devils.

"But there's a catch: Tomofuri-san needs more worship to make more than a handful of talismans a day. To get that power he needs more people worshiping at his temple, so we need to "advertise" for him, so to speak. Now, obviously I can't go around saying things like "Hey, how would you like to get pregnant more easily!" But Tomofuri-san's charms also work on plants and animals. So I thought, 'Let's plant some flowers around the school with charms placed near them and let the rumor mill do the advertising for us!' With your permission kaichou, I believe I can get the ball rolling on something that will be of great benefit to devil society as a whole, and also make the school grounds look nicer at the same time!"

2 die stunt

You pause for a moment taking in the nervous tension evident in the three before you. Briefly you considered starting slow, beginning with the shrine & trying to avoid the issue of devils & the supernatural all together unless Sona brought it up. From the discomfort evident on their faces, though, you feared if you seemed slippery or deceptive in answering her, Sona would quickly dismiss anything else you had to say. You also decide being too casual is also risky, better be a little bit more reserved.

Giving them what you thought was your best disarming smile, you gave your pitch deciding to error on the side of honesty & politeness.

Floral Display

[] The Flower bed would be made in a ring around the fountain with small cobblestone pathways allowing students to walk through it. the flowers would be divided into four sections. 1) Dahlia (Summer), 2)Chrysanthemum (Fall/Winter), 3)Tulips (Spring), 4)Dianthus (All season bloom). Either way each section would have Charms promoting the growth of the flowers placed there

megrisvernin said:
I'm not opposed to this rewording. How do we bring up the subject of Tomofuri-san?

Are you suggesting wording like...

"Before I begin , I must ask , Did Rias ever mention anything about me to you? & about what've been doing for her over the past few weeks?

"But there's a catch....: !"[/i]

Let's leave the Tomofuri-san part unchanged. I am imagining the scene something like this : Issei wants to impress the Kaichou who is known as a strict and formal person , so he adopts a formal tone when beginning the talks. But as he continues to speak , he unconsciously drops the unnatural formal tone in favour of a more natural , enthusiastic one.

This makes a perfect balance between a suitable , formal beginning and Issei's normal way of talking , I think.

Edit: Yes , the latest one works for me.

Formal Test Plan Variant.

Is this better?

Tentative Plan

"Before I begin , I must ask , Did Rias ever mention anything about me to you & about at I've been doing for her for the last week or so?

"I see. So , allow me to inform you that I am aware of the fact that both of you are devils , and also of the supernatural world , by and large. (Also tell them about Tomofuri's temple and the fertility charms)

"But there's a catch: Tomofuri-san needs more worship in order to have enough power to make all the talismans that the devils will need. To get that power he needs more people worshiping at his temple, so we need to "advertise" for him, so to speak. Now, obviously I can't go around saying things like "Hey, how would you like to get pregnant more easily!" But Tomofuri-san's charms also work on plants and animals. So I thought, 'Let's plant some flowers around the school with charms placed near them and let the rumor mill do the advertising for us!' With your permission taichou, I believe I can get the ball rolling on something that will be of great benefit to devil society as a whole, and also make the school grounds look nicer at the same time!"

2 die stunt

You pause for a moment taking in the nervous tension evident in the three before you. Briefly you considered starting slow, beginning with the shrine & trying to avoid the issue of devils & the supernatural all together unless Sona brought it up. From the discomfort evident on their faces, though, you feared if you seemed slippery or deceptive in answering her, Sona would quickly dismiss anything else you had to say. You also decide being too casual is also risky, better be a little bit more reserved.

Giving them what you thought was your best disarming smile, you gave your pitch deciding to error on the side of honesty & politeness.

Floral Display

'What I've been doing for her' sounds better than 'what I have been up to'. We did a great number of things for Rias and a even greater number of things overall. Let's just give her the relevant bits and avoid unnecessary infodumping.

And thanks for the hard work , megrisvernin. I hope my nitpicking did not bother you too much. :)

Brandark said:
'What I've been doing for her' sounds better than 'what I have been up to'. We did a great number of things for Rias and a even greater number of things overall. Let's just give her the relevant bits and avoid unnecessary infodumping.

And thanks for the hard work , megrisvernin. I hope my nitpicking did not bother you too much. :)

I don't mind, I just want to improve it.

Okay, I have good news and bad news.

Bad news: I am not feeling well today and will not write anything today.

Good news: hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, so you have more time to prepare a final plan and properly vote for it.

Alexander, signing out. Bye.

Alexander said:

Good news: hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, so you have more time to prepare a final plan and properly vote for it.

Hmm. I'll let people offer feedback on my plans. Let me know what suggestions you have for the casual & formal variants...

Don't really have feedback, beyond this:

[X] Plan megrisvernin (latest formal variant)

since this seems like its going to win and its not bad I may as well do the same.

Alexander said:

Ouch, too bad. Get enough rest, you deserve it.

good plan even if she knows about us we are still only a newbie (heh newbie exalt still op) to the supernatural world, so it shouldn't affect ise too much. Might have her thinking of making us part of her peerage though XD

I'm all in favor of impressing Sona. Having her vie to make us part of her peerage will motivate Rias to act. That Rias knew Sona stole stuff from her as a kid is going to make her extra...antsy to add us.

Here's a vote count, even if there's just this one vote so far...

Vote Count
# of Votes
Supporters: 11
noahgab1133, staplesdex2, ZipLopz, Noctum, Melfician, EternitynChaos, Prince Charon, megrisvernin, Brandark, Diller, Silversun17

Forgot to add mine , so here goes-

It's unanimous so far , and looking to stay that way. A first for this quest , I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back