• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Did anyone else notice our familiar also had Bureaucracy of all things? How does that even work?

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Did anyone else notice our familiar also had Bureaucracy of all things? How does that even work?
Presumably the same way it picked up a dot in Socialize and a specialty in "interacting with the upper class."

[X] Second Overdrive

This upgrade will help us with Raiser. If we boost enough, we can probably ignore his flames altogether.

Brandark said:
This is your first post , I see. Welcome aboard.

Welcome as well.

I just realized something. This raven, while it has an almost haunting beauty right & large size isn't overtly supernatural right? No horns, third claws or being made of fire or anything right?

Is there anything overtly supernatural about it if it behaves?

We could totally show him off to the garden club & the other girls not into the know as a bird we encountered in the wilderness that we just got immediately along with. I'm the sure bird would appreciate being cooed at & told how wonderful & beautiful it is as long as people don't touch it without its opinion.

I have this hilarious scene of Issei walking around campus after club hours with this familiar on our shoulder, asking the various girls he knows for their opinions on names & showing off his "Graceful, radiant new companion". I like the idea of us walking up to the tennis court calling out her name, Abe turns to look at us. Taking in the raven, her eyes go wide. First confusion, disbelief & then a hint of jealousy she covers up. She runs over to us talking excitedly demanding to know how we got it. Then another member of the tennis club says something about it, asking if she knows the bird, & she freezes before staring at us with an icy stare trying to cover the bird's position with her body to her teammates.

We immediately shift our stance so her friends can see the bird & she's trapped into going along with our little stunt.

Who wants to try channeling that bird's bureaucracy to see if we can get a permit from Sona letting us carry a bird around campus?
Let's have it use that
Socialize 1 (+1 Interacting with the Upper Class)
to charm the Sitri heir. If we can convince the bird to act out of character & be affectionate & friendly to a devil who it's naturally inclined to harm(as a sacred being) then surely it can be trusted to leave a human alone especially with us there.

All we would need is a small charm for it to wear around a claw that gives off a "Somebody Else's Problem field".

[X] Second Overdrive

Hehe, Rule of Cool strikes again!

[] Second Overdrive
# of Votes: 22
Supporters: Prince Charon, megrisvernin, ZipLopz, The Slumbering Crocodile, overmind, Megaolix, staplesdex2, Mu-Sensei, Deathwings, MHLord, shadowward, Selias, Lon, Walkir, Eler0, Diller, EmpirePlayer, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Fellgar, Silversun17, noahgab1133

[] Ranged Attack
# of Votes: 2
Supporters: Brandark , BFldyq

I think we're close to the record for voting...

Last edited by a moderator:
noahgab1133 said:
[X] Second Overdrive

now to explain this to the girls XD

We decided to hangout with the ORC with a while and came back with an awesome sun raven as our familar. There explained ;)

megrisvernin said:
I still say we should plan for awesome bird to go with us everywhere. This little guy is great.

That sounds great. We can show off it's majestic appearance, spend time bonding with it and use it's various skills and abilities to benefit ourselves out at the same time. Win-win.

Plus we probably look pimpin with it on our shoulder :D

Diller said:
We decided to hangout with the ORC with a while and came back with an awesome sun raven as our familar. There explained ;)

That sounds great. We can show off it's majestic appearance, spend time bonding with it and use it's various skills and abilities to benefit ourselves out at the same time. Win-win.

Plus we probably look pimpin with it on our shoulder :D

It's not overtly supernatural from my read of its description. Immensely beautiful to look at, but then so is Issei with appearance 5.

Also Integrity 3, Performance 2, Presence 3, Survival 2, Lore 2, Occult 2, Athletics 1, Awareness 2, Dodge 2, Bureaucracy 1, Linguistic 1, Socialize 1 (+1 Interacting with the Upper Class)

This bird is literally built to charm Sona into accepting his constant presence on our shoulders. I has Bureaucracy 1 & Socialize 1 with a specialization interacting with the Upper Class, which Sona is. With Integrity 3 won't he honor any promises we can make?

I sort of want a scene where we're wondering how we can keep him with us at school, with the class rulebook open & on our desk. The raven flies off our shoulder to look closely at the book. It pushes a few pages over & stares intently then steps on the page with its claw, getting our attention.

We show up to meet with Sona doing our best to contain a shit eating grin.

We let her know we plan on bringing him to class. She glares at us & is about to say pets aren't allowed when we say it explictly states cats, dogs, mice are forbidden. Birds aren't mentioned. Sona gives us a disbelieving stare to which we hand her the rulebook. She looks down at it, glances down at it, then back at us, scowls slightly.

Then we have to "convince" her it's not dangerous since she's not going to let anything threaten her classmates, rule or no rule. Que our dapper little raven charms the socks off her with his/her golden rolls.

this must happen. Dapper raven is a go!

6d6b77cec33c2a5c5c252e95e2bae0e2-d3hq8cs.jpg

Walkir said:
I really look forward to the char sheet of that familiar to see what it can do... hopefully the binding ritual here (if one is necessary) is faster than the on in the Xanderdorf quest. ;)

... Xanderdorf quest?

Aleh said:
... Xanderdorf quest?

Reference to a Reincarnation quest on SB with the canon normal of Alexander "Xander" Harris who inherits the memory & magical powers of Ganondorf. They decided in the previous arc to form a familiar bond with a fairy, Briar, & several months have gone by while they wait for particular celestial event. Either a lunar or solar eclipse to form a more powerful bond.

Our Issei moves fast, so I want to bond with this bird rather quick.

Aleh said:
... Xanderdorf quest?

Xanderdorf quest this links to the opening post in thread 1 out of currently 14.

I just looked it up, and we decided to finalize the accidental familiar bond we made on April 10, 2013. Well, at least now we have all the components together and could theoretically do it, but there's so much other stuff to finish first. Even with daily updates (actually, slightly more than daily on average, IIRC) and many small decisions in the middle of every arc and scene.

BFldyq said:
Any, I've been wondering. What relationship, if any, was there between Death the Horseman and the Grim Reapers?
On one part reluctant admiration for a job worthy of a proper Grim Reaper, on the other contempt that a mere half-angel would take such a title for himself. Hades isn't the only ruler of the Realm of the Deads (he is the ruler of his own part, but there are multiple ones) and there isn't only one type of Grim Reaper. The ones serving Izanami, for example, are the Yomotsu-Shikome.
AKU said:
Like Brandark said welcome to QQ ;)!

What do we need to form a familiar bond? Besides spending Xp, do we need to do anything but remain in close proximity with our familiar & spend time with him?

Also Alexander I'm really interested in how Sun Raven can use that point in Bureaucracy. Are we actually going to see him help us pick out books to find loopholes & manipulate the system? Or as a bird with beautiful plumage does he just have a knack for finding a way around rules which would restrict him(like rules preventing him from riding our shoulder when we have class).

megrisvernin said:
What do we need to form a familiar bond? Besides spending Xp, do we need to do anything but remain in close proximity with our familiar & spend time with him?

Also Alexander I'm really interested in how Sun Raven can use that point in Bureaucracy. Are we actually going to see him help us pick out books to find loopholes & manipulate the system? Or as a bird with beautiful plumage does he just have a knack for finding a way around rules which would restrict him(like rules preventing him from riding our shoulder when we have class).
I am house-ruling it. You will need 3 Xp, and interaction with it for a prolonged time. In three-four days it should be complete. In-Game Bright will mention unspecific rituals that will happen off-screen.

Oh, you will see... :))

Alexander said:
I am house-ruling it. You will need 3 Xp, and interaction with it for a prolonged time. In three-four days it should be complete. In-Game Bright will mention unspecific rituals that will happen off-screen.

Actually , I saw in the unofficial wiki that familiars can bind themselves with their master when they experience a dramatic encounter with him. Does this situation not qualify?

Alexander said:

Hmm. Well given that this bird is smarter than us, is especially effective at speaking with upper class individuals & has a point in Bureaucracy I will be most disappointed if shenanigans don't happen. It's only fair for a Solar Raven to have the habit of doing outrageous & impossible things that improve its fortunes. Or at least it will after it's been perched on Issei's shoulder a while.

Given that guide devil's comments I wouldn't be half surprised if there is some standing treaty between devils & the ravens to avoid conflict. If it's in its nature to attack devils & with devil numbers already so low...hard to imagine with how smart it is there aren't certain negotiated agreements.

Brandark said:
Actually , I saw in the unofficial wiki that familiars can bind themselves with their master when they experience a dramatic encounter with him. Does this situation not qualify?
Can I get a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back